dakota1431

Naming, after parents.

Whenever I get dragons from the AP, I try to incorporate their lineages into their names.

Here are a few examples:

http://dragcave.net/lineage/H9JyV - simple combination of parts of the parents' names

http://dragcave.net/lineage/o8xVI - I rearranged the code to 8oxIv and got 'Boxi', but the last part, Cheskar, comes from the parents

http://dragcave.net/lineage/x0c2T - name is combination of 'Velvet' and 'Seian' from the parents

huh.gif I've got a real problem in naming my dragons children...

Each of my dragons is mated to only one partner. They're the same species and their names are almost the same e.g. Itura483 and Iturar483 or Superba483 and Superbus etc. and each pair rise 3 frozen hatchlings (at least that's the plan for my scroll): gendered female and male and one ungendered.

blink.gif I've completely no idea jow to name them, while all the names are Latin based and rather fit the particular species somehow.

While looking through my dragon's pages, I found this one and this one. Very pretty names, in my opinion! I never ask for naming my gifts because I myself am really uncreative when it comes to this, but those were a pleasant surprise.

love this so much~! Thanks everyone who takes the time to do it biggrin.gif

some that made me happy from a spot check of my scroll:

Rain x Cold Front: Driving Wind, Rain x Shot Silk: Silky Rain

Monsoon x Drumroll: A Second Thunder

Do0m x Y0DA : Jedi in Training, oMFG x Y0DA : Amazed You Are (this one laugh.gif)

Science Stick x Good Rhythm: Arpeggio Marina, Drumm

Bijaganita x Grape Judas: Bija Judas, Orange Slice Fanta, A Bit Too Pulpy (think the last two may be referencing orange lazerus on grape judas' side)

Piper Cub x Tiger Moth: Piper Moth, Tiger Cub

Deadbeat x Non Compos Mintis: Beatnik

paid x 4SinS: And Debt Free

LAMeS x uRtoe: Lame Toe

Edited by munificent

I quite like what people have done continuing the name with Shimmers I've bred: Echoes, Psychopathy, and Satan/Spawn.

Oh, and I couldn't resist doing this myself after I picked this baby up in the AP.  biggrin.gif

HAHAHAHAHA! That's classic

And on the same topic, I always look at lineage when I name anything not CB biggrin.gif

I love it when people name their dragons after the parents. It happens to my dragon's offspring quite often, and many people name them after my suffix "li-sa" as well.

But this 2nd Gen from special code dragons is the best named ever!

http://dragcave.net/lineage/HORrM

LOVE it! Thanks to whoever caught and named the little eggy! biggrin.giflaugh.gif

xd.png I noticed this one recently. xd.png I had kept to a naming pattern, and someone had a vivid imagination. xd.png

While some of my AP dropped 2nd gen Red Carpets have remained unnamed, or have been named in some scheme unrelated to their parents, one of my giftees in particular has been doing an incredible job naming them in perfect alignment with my thinking. Great minds - xd.png

Spencer Tracy

Ginger Rogers

Vivien Leigh

I'd post a some more, but they have offspring that are not adults at this point.

And Piaf's children, AP'd and gifted both, have had a wonderful run of names:

Edith Piaf happy.gif

However, a very long time ago, I dropped one of my Hellfire offspring from a pair that had not been permanently named yet. The father was named from Alice in Wonderland, Twas Brillig andthe Slithy Toves, and the mother was named from a Patti Smith song, Death Singing, not my ideal naming match-up.

Looking at my Hellfire scramble today, I realized that little 2nd gen Hellfire was named Frumonious Bandersnatch from Alice. It has become part of an incredible 10 even gens of wonderfully named Hellfires, with the 6th Gen descendant named Fire of Unknown Origin, another Patti Smith song. I was going to move some my Hellfire names around, but I'm going to leave that pair as they are. wub.gif

Thank you to all who have been naming my babies so well! <3

I give you Acharnos (Ack-har-nose) Cortonica (Cortonica being the surname I give my best dragons). Found her in the abandons. Her parents are named after their parents and I named her after hers.

My Ancestors Are Nameless I'm pretty sure that when I got this one its mother didn't have a name either, but I am not certain.

This made me real happy to see.

To pretty much everyone who's named offspring after my dragons:

user posted image

My Ancestors Are Nameless I'm pretty sure that when I got this one its mother didn't have a name either, but I am not certain.

I have three named because their parents were unnamed. One of my earlier Hellfires had no names in its ancestry when I named it, but its parent and grandparents have been named in the interim, The Named Descendant.

More recently, I've picked up My Parents Don't Have Names, whose parents are still unnamed. Then, there is Please-42-Name My Parents, whose mother is unnamed, and his father is asking for a real name, so my little guy is just adding to the chorus.

Of course, all the names are in danger with this guy around, I Eat Names, and I did find a mate and breed him, with this son on my scroll, NoUseForAName.

xd.png

user posted image

user posted image

<3

Edit: Ticking Clocks and Paper Dress are my dragons. In case you didn't figure that out. c:

Edited by Lady Artemis