dakota1431

Naming, after parents.

I thought this was a real find for me, and since it was quite appropriate, I named the dragon after her mother...

Last Winter Girl (mine), was born the day before the 2010 spring equinox, that is, she was born on the last day of winter 2010.

Her mother, Last Spring Girl (not mine), was born on the day before the 2009 summer solstice, that is, she was born on the last day of spring 2009.

I've got some others that I've named after parents/grandparents, but I thought that was the coolest among them all, because of when they were born. biggrin.gif

I'd have to do some serious looking around to see if any of my dragon's offspring that aren't mine were named after the parents....but I don't think I've got that happening yet. Maybe one somewhere...

i mix parent names for almost all of my dragons now! laugh.gif

the only thing is that sometimes the names turn out a little wierd for example:

Mother: Rabies

Father: Royal Winter Dream

Baby: Royal Rabies

xd.png

But sometimes its kinda cool:

Mother: Black Terra Dragon

Father: Zuguso Aliy the Warrior

Baby:Zuguso Terra the Warrior

I sometimes name after the parents, and usually try to keep lineage names when I spot them. It always gives me the warm fuzzies when someone does that for me.

A while back I came across this little guy who is now named Zanreo's Lost Garden. Zanreo is a dragon from my scroll, and is the little 'un x4 great grand parent. I would have tried to pull in the parent's names, but they're both nameless.

I actually name a lot of my dragons by their parents, even if its out of the way.

Take for example this egg I picked up with parents with beautiful german names (I know absolutely no german by the way), I searched them, translated them and then named the hatchling efter them (well as best I could using a translator xd.png )

I just think it makes the lineages more special biggrin.gif

Someone named the vampired offspring of my Love-You-Anyhow and Sentimental-Melody (I always end up giving pinks maudlin names biggrin.gif) Lovely Melody Cryptdweller. I was completely chuffed to see it.

I try to do the same, though sometimes it's difficult, because almost all my dragons have phrase names. If a dragon's name isn't a word, I'm not going to try incorporating it.

I still have to abandon eggs from my dragons, I am a newbie, but I would love if the catcher uses the parents names smile.gif

I have did it on this one Subayai Beki used the mother's name!

I just discovered someone did that with my dragons' offspring.

Slayer of the Sea: The father is Dark Depths of the Sea.

It made me smile.

EDIT: Here's another one I just remembered. I bred my Snow Angel with my Winter. The person who adopted it bit it and named it Dead Holidai. smile.gif

Edited by Blazestarre

The person who got one of the Yule eggs from my yule Wing of Holly named it Wing of Yule.

I just got a black hatchie from the Dorkface lineage with the parents Knightlight and Knightlight II and named it Knightlight Dorkface.

I did this once ^^ I had Dorkface twins I caught in the AP. One parent was named Equine Dancer and the other had Dorkface in the name (of course, considering its a dorkface xd.png) So I named one of the twins Dancer Dorkface and the other Equine Dorkface.

Aww, I have two Autumn Seasonals named Voltrin and Eleatra. Someone named the baby Eleatrin, now I feel all warm and fuzzy. smile.gif

I've just started doing that recently... like Lady Bling VI, one of my gold females, is actually named for her great-great-great-grandfather. My favorite instance of this happening though is a dragon bred from my favorite pair Pandia (f, white) and Trieton (m, gold)... they named it Trietandia... Trietandia D'Alsea, how pretty is that?

Heh, I started to name dragons after parents... And I'm really happy to do so. It connects me with other people.^^

My favorite instance of this happening though is a dragon bred from my favorite pair Pandia (f, white) and Trieton (m, gold)... they named it Trietandia... Trietandia D'Alsea, how pretty is that?

Really? My favorite pair also got a baby with D'Alsea after it. Areture D'Alsea, Which sounds like a mixture of my pair, Arenag and Aperture. I also notice that Areture has a baby named Nureture D'Alsea.

I swear I fell in love when I saw Nureture's lineage.

Edited by Aquenee

I did this with my White dragon Shiro de Proxy.

The Lineage

Although, looking at her parents' scroll, that seems to be a scroll-specific name, so I'm wondering if I should have. :/