Evilminion

Names, names, everywhere!

How many of your dragons have you named?  

565 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I try to name all of them. Its gotten harder since I've used up all the names I could think of (I used some 2 or 3 times with slight variations) and the egg limit's been raised.

I try to name mine as soon as they gender, though sometimes I get behind. I admit, I use a name generator laugh.gif

I name all mine. A few have special names, most have names randomly generated or made from their codes--the five-digit ID codes have been a wonderful source of name inspirations! It helps me keep tabs on their birth status, too (CB/inbred/etc). My most recent batch of adults haven't been named yet because I've been lazy, but I'll probably do that tonight. wink.gif

I want to name all of mine, but I'm terrible at thinking up names...and the new dragons just keep accumulating on my scroll. It's hard to keep up, and I'm waaaay behind as it is. |3

I name all of mine. Nothing fancy, no real elaborate scheme. Just something that sounds good with 'Gojira' tacked on to the end.

Why bother naming something that doesn't really exist?

Whoever voted for that, I'm going to find you. xd.png

I name them all, except for hatchlings. My names usually follow a Japanese theme...like, for instance, Seido Tinseru means 'Bronze Tinsel', according to google translate. Rokku means 'rock' (apparently rock MUSIC, but that's...okay. xd.png) and so on. The only non-Japanese names are Rukas and Sirene. tongue.gif

I currently have 7 eggs which can't be named yet, and two hatchlings without names. The other 840 creatures on my scroll have all been named. biggrin.gif

Oh, and just for the record...naming my dragon Umaril was not intentional. I swear google translate told me that 'water horse' meant 'Umaril'! xd.png I just realized now about Umaril the Ayleid king...

All of them, except one white striped dragon. (Poor dragon, I will name her very soon)

I am behind

all mine WILL be named, but taking a bit as I have run outta ideas tongue.gif

out of 1426....well 1421 as the lettle can not be named and 4 eggs will not stay on my scroll so won't be naming what's not mine LOL...

out of 1421, 525 are not named. I did name about 20 just this morning, so am slowly hacking away at it dry.gif

whe Skyrim comes out I'm sure I'll have some inspiration tongue.gif

I name all of mine.

Some names depend on the lineage, if its a dorkface thuwed, then I'm going to put dorkface and thuwed (maybe both.. atleast.) in the name... and some random first name I come up with...

If its anything else I'm just going to make it up randomly...

Sometimes it can just be references to stuff... *Looks at Rajaxx and Taldaram*

*Cough*

Well, I do have one unnamed... BECAUSEEEEEEEE of the code... It has kind of a rude one.. (Spitfire.. hint hint.)

I had to go look

now that is an awesome code xd.png

Edited by Merenwen

As soon as my dragons are gendered I name them. Love naming and you can make even cooler lineages by having a cool name theme biggrin.gif love it!

Edited by Saori_Nightstar

I make a point to name ALL of them. o.O

I cheat by using SeventhSanctum.com and the Saurian translator... and some of them if I get them from the AP I combine the parents' names for some interesting results.

for my Legendary Trio that I'm using to get my GoA I used names all relating to light, Lucent Thunder Thuwed, Lambent Glacier, and Luminous Magma Toad, and the Rugia they summon shall have the word "Lucid" in its name somewhere... IF I can manage to summon one... *glares at Legendaries*

I really do try to name as many as possible but it's just... not possible with well over 1,000 dragons.

I've run out of unique names, and there are just too many of them. xd.png

I've started to just name them after the parents, and if they are CB, I just either go off the color, name, or description. But I don't really get too creative. For example: my Whites. xd.png

One of these days, I will try to go on a naming spree and NAME ALL THE DRAGONS, but I don't see that happening anytime soon. X\

I name all of my dragons. They are usually named after their code or parents.

I make sure ones I'm breeding/plan to breed have names. If I have time to name others (which so far I have, since I don't have many xd.png) then I'll do that.

Three named so far, but I just started playing a while ago really. I'm probably going to leave most unnamed and name randomly when I feel like it. Most of my names will probably be cheesy Homestuck/Pokemon references because I really do suck at names.

I am really glad that wasn't taken. It will probably be my only good name ever.

Three named so far, but I just started playing a while ago really. I'm probably going to leave most unnamed and name randomly when I feel like it. Most of my names will probably be cheesy Homestuck/Pokemon references because I really do suck at names.

I am really glad that wasn't taken. It will probably be my only good name ever.

The parents of your dragon are from my scroll! I just thought that was too cool. I've never actually seen anyone link a dragon from one of my lineages before. It kinda made my day :]

-----

Anyway, on topic:

I've added an Eragon and Shadow of the Colossus naming collection to my scroll recently. It seems, other than my Gaelic Pillows, I can't come up with original names tongue.gif But I don't mind.

I always name my dragons as soon as they gender. I just can't stand to have little unnamed dragons staring at me. As for the lack of inspiration problem, if I'm stuck, I just type random letters until it looks right. Naming is my favorite part of DragCave, besides describing because you get to be creative and give it personality.

Edited by HawktalonOfRiverClan

I'd say about 90% of mine are named, but I do have about 100 that still need naming. Will get to it one day laugh.gif

I name all my Dragons, mostly because their lastnames help me identify them. I mix the parents' names in certain ways, so it's easier to keep track of everyone. ;D

So far, I've been naming all of them. Except for three of my Shadow Walkers because I haven't really come up with good name, lol.