Evilminion

Names, names, everywhere!

How many of your dragons have you named?  

565 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I have names for all my dragons.. I usually come up with a name or two when I get/breed an egg.. sometimes it takes a couple of days longer. And I sometimes don't have the time to put the name in on the site.. but on my excel-sheet I have the names ready. There's currently only one frozen Whiptail hatchling that won't be named yet - I have a few ideas, but like so many here, I'm waiting to see if it will gender or not.

Some of the names follow a naming scheme - some have names that are based on their lineage - but mostly I rely on spontaneous ideas.. some are good, some bad, some silly. wink.gif

For instance:

My pure Mint even-gen lineage has old Germanic first names (except where I couldn't find any) and the surnames are names of Angels.

About the hardest to name where my Black Marrows.. I couldn't decide which of the names I came up with I should use. Took my nearly a week after them growing up to decide. blink.gif

I ALWAYS name mine. As soon as they gender, sometimes even before that. I don't know why, I just like to.

I name all of my dragons. So much of what I do on this site is participating in lineages, and my dragons are usually not eligible for the lineage (appropriate breed or not) without having a certain word or combination of letters or something of the like in their name. Because of this, my dragons usually have a name as soon as I know their gender (just in case the name needs to have a gender related component to it).

All of my dragons have names except my Marrows, and that's only because I haven't found suitable names for them yet. xd.png

The only dragons I haven't named out of my ~340 dragons are my newest ones and my hatchlings.

It's good fun coming up with names, even if I'm starting to fall behind. Especially with females- I keep drawing blanks when it comes to feminine names =P

-another hatchling genders female-

Eegads...

^ We posted at the same time =p *high fives*

Edited by Nine

It's good fun coming up with names, even if I'm starting to fall behind. Especially with females- I keep drawing blanks when it comes to feminine names =P

-another hatchling genders female-

Eegads...

^ We posted at the same time =p *high fives*

Lol, Yeah! *Doesn't leave you hanging*

Oh, as for how I name: These days I almost exclusively use Elvish names these days.

I have 111 dragons

I have 107 adults-frozen hatchlings. All of them have a name, and a surname.. biggrin.gif

Right now I have 562 dragons, and of those are only nine unnamed (one is adult and I haven't bothered to name her yet, but I'll do it soon enough and the rest of the unnamed are eggs and hatchlings that are still growing).

Every single one has names. I haven't really named any of them silly, although I do plan on making a set pretty soon here that should be hillarious.

Got tons of different naming schemes going. The first is the category nearly every one of my dragons fall under. Their names are created from words in other languages, sometimes jumbled around to sound just right. Gotten in the habbit of naming them differently the different clans. Elders, my first faction, have names in Latin with some exeptions. Nebbia, my second, are named in Italian. The other two factions, Ferox and Creorluna both get mixed names, sometimes from Italian or Latin, sometimes a completely different language.

I have a few named after Gods and indeed plan on doing a whole sling of them as tributes to Greek/Roman myth. I have a few named after characters in books, movies, TV shows ect or my own stories or songs.

The name tends to match the personality, too

I don't name all my dragons, but I plan to once dragon name changing has been implemented.

I have a time theme with part of my winter army biggrin.gif

I try... want to name them all, but I think I have about 150 that I haven't gotten around to yet :/

I wonder if I will ever be able to catch up?

I can't believe we are getting to rename dragons that are named badly! I have dreamed of this day! I spelled Samurai wrong on all of my chickens, I forgot whether I was naming a boy or girl sometimes between clicking "name" and accepting the names. And some of the names I chose are just stupid!

We get a chance for redemption. No more releasing dragons because I named them something stupid!

*does a happy dance all around the house*

All of my dragons are named, not because I love naming them (I did when I had just about twenty, now with more then two hundred already...) but because I hate to leave them unnamed.

Though I admit that every time I think of a new naming scheme, I can't help but catch a few dragons to name... (right now, my daydream hatchies are the victims of this)

All. My brother hates naming and thinks it's stupid, though xd.png

all of them! every creature needs a name smile.gif

the names are somehow similar) I name all my dragons

*pers. name* from Ksew's Farm happy.gif

but for the beautiful girls)) they all will be named Ksew but with some description.

for example, my Daydream girl is named Dreamy Ksew

I have 5 out of 260 not named, and that's only because they all just became adults

yesterday and today, so will be naming them this evening later.

I name all of my dragons once they gender, because I want each of the dragons on my scroll to be unique. I try to name them when they're hatchies so I won't get overwhelmed later on with a large number of unnamed adults.

For some breeds I try to stick to a naming scheme, usually related to characters or locations I've read about in one of my many books if there's a similar theme.

For example, my daydream dragons are named after locations from Lovecraft's Dreamlands and my vampires are named after Vampire: the Masquerade characters.

And sometimes I just make names up when I don't have any better ideas. tongue.gif

I just finished going through all my dragons and giving them prefixes to mark out which ones are caveborn and which ones are my favorites slash prolific breeders. phew. that's about 550 dragons.

I'm trying really hard to to name all of them, but the new releases and lack of inspirations had left me far behind. I think I got something like half of mine named..... >< I do plan to name them all, really.

I name all dragons except the ones I intend to gift or trade, and I'm very careful when picking out the names, even though looking at my scroll probably suggests otherwise. xd.png But there's a system behind it and I try to give as many dragons as possible a description which sheds some light on why this name fits the dragon's personality.