TJ09

04/04/10 - Festival of Eggs

Now now, there there. Would it help you to know that all these pretty eggs made and still make a usually-depressed girl like me very happy? smile.gif

Some people just don't understand anything. xd.png

I thought it was fun. I don't see why everyone else is obsessed with getting a prize. laugh.gif

And to those who ask "What's the point then?" I'd like to ask the point of collecting pixilated dragons on a mock-paper electronic scroll. blink.gif

Geez, people, it's just for fun. If you're not having fun, don't do it, and if you are having fun, then have fun, that's all.

Well, I for one am delighted with my eggs and I HOPE they will stay forever smile.gif

I don't think they will, because TJ will move on to other holidays and it wouldn't be any fun, I guess, to have Easter up all year - but it would be loverly if they could stay on the scroll like the leetle trees...

I say THANK YOU to all the wonderful artists who designed these eggs, it certainly was a lot of fun collecting them! I was never good at that as a child, so this is the nicest Easter egg hunt I've ever had.

Deb

wub.gifwub.gifwub.gifwub.gifwub.gif

Edited by daba555

OMFG.

THE PRIZE YOU GET IS THE PRETTY EGGS.

THAT IS ALL.

THE EGGS DO NOT HATCH.

YOU ARE NOT GETTING A DRAGON.

THE FUN WAS THE PRIZE.

this biggrin.gif

and it was fun, more fun than i have had with an egg hunt since my son was real small wink.gif

and the prize? a basket full of pretty ,pretty eggs

thanks spriters biggrin.gif

and extra kudos to Umbreonage for the baskets biggrin.gif

and to Marionetta for the idea and implementation

and TJ for awesome error free coding

Thank you again to TJ, the spriters, and the mods for this delightful event! I love all the eggs and am glad that they are staying in egg form. They are to pretty to become cracked.

For all those people complaining, you are really ticking me off. Why can't there be one event that no one complains about?? The reward of seeing 38 beautiful eggs in an awesome Easter basket on your scroll should be enough for you. Would you rather have nothing for Easter?? I hope the basket/eggs stay on our scrolls as a nice reminder of the Easter 12 minute clicking spree.

I caught all of my eggs on Easter Day.

It was my first ever egg hunt. I am 23 years old.

Thank you, TJ and the Spriters. Thank you very much. biggrin.gif

Amen - I've mentioned it a couple times, but I'll mention it again:

I had so much fun with this! The eggs are all gorgeous! Thank you so much to TJ and the spriters for the lovely Easter gift! It was so nice, and quite unexpected. <3

(And I'm sorry that the people who just don't get it have been frustrating you, Nepherim. *pats* I was quite bewildered by those reactions as well.)

Thank you for the awesome event!

Really hope the baskets stay so we can look at all those pretties forever and ever xd.png

this biggrin.gif

and  it was fun, more fun than i have had  with an egg hunt since my son was real small wink.gif

and the prize?  a basket full of pretty ,pretty eggs

thanks spriters biggrin.gif

and extra kudos  to Umbreonage for the baskets biggrin.gif

and to Marionetta  for  the idea and implementation

and TJ for awesome error free coding

This.^

The eggs are beautiful. The hunt was great fun. I stayed up late to get each one and it was worth the sleepy feeling today.

Thank you!

So i guess its over?

Awwwehhh ;-; I caught all but like 6 or 7.

THANKS TJ!

I'm satisfied to keep these eggs. I love Easter eggs. Thanks to everyone involved, this was great. I also hope we do it again next year!

I wish I could keep my REAL Easter eggs forever, they came out so pretty this year. :D

Edited by AngelKitty

This was a lot of fun, and the reward is the basket and eggs themselves. Funny, our 4 kids (12 and under) all understand the basket and eggs are their own reward. They LOVE them all.

I would also love to know what the inspiration was/is for each egg. Art is extremely fascinating to those of us that have no artistic talent, lol.

Thank you to TJ and all of the spriters. Each egg is gorgeous.

I had fun with this although Im bummed I didnt get all the eggs. 31/38 x.x and I didnt get my last fav egg T.T

37/38 eggies T.T

I was so close. XD

I hope we get to keep these little baskets :D

Show off our awesome eggs. <3

This was so much fun, and best of all, non-stressful! I luves it.

I hope, like others do, that we keep the basket permanently.

Why am I always away when the awesome stuff happens? I could cry, I really could...

I'm happy with the outcome of this event. Sure, it would be nice if we got a dragon as a reward, but the eggs themselves are reward enough. Plus I had a lot of fun catching them, and I'm glad that we'll get to keep our egg basket! biggrin.gif

My only two complaints:

-I wish there had been 42 or 36 eggs instead of 38, so I could have still collected all of them and my rows would have been all even. I'm OCD like that. rolleyes.gif

-While I like the swan egg, I kinda wish the swan part was gone and it was just the egg. Having 37 eggs all one size and that one big swan egg looks odd to me. Either that, or I wish there had been more variability in the sizes of the other eggs, so there wouldn't be one egg which sticks out like a sore thumb. tongue.gif

My two favorites:

user posted imageuser posted image

Edited by Renorei

Swam egg was very cool...you may be ocd...Im just grateful our baskets are going onto our scrolls..very sweet! Like a leetle tree!

Rockin' On

I want to add my thanks! All the eggs are so pretty! And so what if I had to tell a little white lie to my boss for why I was late last night biggrin.gif I HAD to find that last egg didn't I? happy.gif

To be fair, I don't find it that strange that people would ask "what happens next", even though I thought TJ's post was pretty clear about what happens (I mean, it flat out says you collect them, and the basket fills up with eggs, which is what happens, so even if people did not understand the post at first, seems it would make sense after they watched what happens).

But, given the history of the site, it makes sense that people would speculate if something else was going to happen (other than the fact that a brief reading of the thread would show that the question has already been asked/answered bunches of times).

So I don't really think speculating means people are necessarily complaining, just being curious. Especially since it is hard to see what there is to complain about, as many people have already pointed out the whole site is about collecting pictures. Guess what, we just got to collect some special pictures. Hooray!

Personally I find this a nice change, especially for people like me who wish they could freeze eggs. It's like I have my own personal super-pretty clogged AP to commemorate easter smile.gif

*scratches head*

I thought the reward was to have 38 pretty eggs in a pretty basket on your scroll. Last year Dossergame had an Easter egg hunt. Same thing, they would pop up on different screens. Very pretty eggs, too. However, after you found all the eggs all you got was an award displayed on your profile page. I like it that we get to keep the eggs instead.

BTW, I like the Windows XP egg by Wynni. Funny! laugh.gif

This was so much fun, and best of all, non-stressful! I luves it.

I hope, like others do, that we keep the basket permanently.

Mostly non-stressful. Since I didn't find out about it until mid-afternoon on Monday I was a little worried that I might not get them all. Fortunately I had just enough time.

I quite enjoyed the event otherwise and love looking at the beautiful eggs!

I loved the easter egg hunt! Not only did I actually get them all, I managed to catch a pygmy dragon! I finally caught a hard to catch dragon! And then I found out they only breed with other pygmy dragons so I'll be stuck until I get lucky enough to get another one, but still!!!!! Yes, I'm HAPPY!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for an event where us poor dialup people had an equal chance!!! I think the eggs are BEAUTIFUL!

Edited by the_krazy_one

To be fair, I don't find it that strange that people would ask "what happens next", even though I thought TJ's post was pretty clear about what happens (I mean, it flat out says you collect them, and the basket fills up with eggs, which is what happens, so even if people did not understand the post at first, seems it would make sense after they watched what happens).

But, given the history of the site, it makes sense that people would speculate if something else was going to happen (other than the fact that a brief reading of the thread would show that the question has already been asked/answered bunches of times).

So I don't really think speculating means people are necessarily complaining, just being curious. Especially since it is hard to see what there is to complain about, as many people have already pointed out the whole site is about collecting pictures. Guess what, we just got to collect some special pictures. Hooray!

Personally I find this a nice change, especially for people like me who wish they could freeze eggs. It's like I have my own personal super-pretty clogged AP to commemorate easter smile.gif

Amen, radon.

My sons and I had fun finding all the beautiful eggs this weekend. We didn't all get the whole list - it's hard to do that when you are all vying for the same two laptops and there are many other things going on at the same time - but between us all, we have at least two whole sets.

I agree that it will be nice to be able to keep eggs on our scroll forever. There are some of our regular, dragon-hatching eggs that are so pretty that it is almost sad when they start cracking. I've often wished that I could freeze an egg, just so that I could keep it on the scroll, placed just beneath the hatchie for that breed.

Now we have some, even prettier than the regular eggs, and it truly would be a shame for any of these lovelies to crack open. I'm not sure it would be possible to design dragons pretty enough to emerge out of them, and especially not 38 of them! The poor spriters! And after all the amazing work they've done so far this spring with all of the beautiful new releases.

Thank you TJ and spriters for these works of art you've given all of us. It was a really nice event, and your hard work paid off.