TJ09

04/04/10 - Festival of Eggs

hmm...with seventeen, it'll take me about 4 and a half hours? eek!

ah well i have a little bit of tomorrow and maybe some of tonight...i might finish.

Argh, I still need to collect 11 moar eggs before I'm up to the 38 eggies, comon, faster faster faster xd.png

hunting for eggs oreo ice cream and a bewitched marathon plus tons of candy and eggs hatching. today has been good ninja.gif

25 now, I must say I'm really having fun. :3

I haven't gone on an egg hunt since I was oh about 7-8...brings back memories. I'm glad they don't give anything special, and I'm really glad there is no special dragon with it, I purely love the thrill of collecting these amazing eggs for the fun of it; having something with no competition and instead for pure fun is a nice breath of fresh air (not that I don't like hunting dragon eggs in the cave :3) and No one is forcing me to get them rather then do something else by bribery of reward or pressure of collect them all to get this special egg, I do so since I want to xd.png

I'd like to thank all of the artists and T.J for this amazing and wonderful event biggrin.gif

I really am thankful.

grrr.... i have an egg glitch.... dry.gif

i keep tapping the egg, its put in my basket, but it still pops up everywhere, the same egg *_*

tho it does becmoe a new one its really anoying.... sleep.gif

You don't need to be fast, just PATIENT.  An egg will pop up every 12 minutes. It doesn't matter how slow your PC is.

Yeah, but still. Doesn't the egg only appear for, like, a minute before it disappears? What happens then? Does it go to a different page, or do you have to wait 12 more minutes? Patience doesn't help if the computer in question takes up the 60 seconds loading.

I have 20 now! I like this event because of the "fairness" factor. It's not about who is the beastliest clicker or who has the fastest connection. It's all about the individual's patience to run to the computer every 12 minutes for 7 and a half hours. Hats off to TJ, the mods, and the spriters for this creative and awesome event!

Yes, I am thankful, but I wouldn't have spent all this time timing myself to catch the eggs and taking it so seriously if I knew there was no point except to look at the pretty eggs.

um, that's the ENTIRE point of DC. To collect pretty things huh.gif

If we get to keep them, they would make great scroll spacers. Other than that, an animated GIF that cycles through the eggs would be great :3

But I like my basket too...who made the baskets?

I did, ftr.

Hope you like them <3

today....cadbury creme eggs, airheads and lollipops, frozen yogurt, honeybaked ham, babysitting relatives, hunting for eggs on dragcave, sneaking upstairs when i get the chance ot snatch an egg

I can't make out the details on the eggs. I just know they're showing up in funny places and I've got my nose to the screen trying to find them! biggrin.gif

This is super fun and all. The eggs are beautiful, and I thank the artists and stuff for this event.... But I certainly hope everything we just spent hours catching doesn't just... Disappear after it's all done.... >.>

Have all 38 now.

This was a lot of fun. I hope we get to keep the basket and the eggs on our scrolls.

Thanks TJ and the spriters.

This event is peaceful, quite a change from the usual.

That was what I was thinking myself. Likely due to the lack of catching frustration, and it seems to be at your own pace too. two days is good.

31 eggs -- 7 to go..

@ the ones who are not having fun -- Look, noone tied you to your desk and made you look for eggs, noone made you refresh every 12 mins, noone told you that you HAD to do anything including raise dragons in DC. So take your wah wah drama elsewhere and stop insulting the ones of us who are having fun.

This brings back fond memories of easter egg hunts. I cant do those anymore cause Alaska + snow + Minus 30 to 20 F degree weather does bad bad things to boiled eggs (if you wanna know, boil and egg and put it in the freezer.. be ready though cause it could crack or do a small explode..) also colored eggs show up on snow pretty easily.

@Spriters --- You all did Gorgeous Work and I had fun as did my kids finding each egg. Both my kids love the Avatar one the most I think. They kinda hope it hatchs into a banshee. LOL .... I love them all, cant really decide which one I like best.

@ TJ -- This is FUN! Thanks for bringing back some fond Easter Egg Hunting memories, I so hope we get to keep the baskets and eggs.

Does anyone know if Add Block Plus will prevent the eggs from showing up?

nope!

theres not a problem with with :3

<-- has it

So if their a egg every 12 minutes, and 38 eggs so... 12 min = 1 egg

So 456 minutes for 38 eggs?

Yeah, but still. Doesn't the egg only appear for, like, a minute before it disappears? What happens then? Does it go to a different page, or do you have to wait 12 more minutes? Patience doesn't help if the computer in question takes up the 60 seconds loading.

Nope it will be on every single subsequent page (I've had multiple tabs open), and will stay there until you click it. smile.gif

Just picked up my 38th. Interesting to see in 12 minutes if this is indeed the last one. rolleyes.gif

My favorites are these ones:

user posted image < Incredible!

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image