dragonpile101

Chicken Smoothie anyone?

Does anyone know about Chicken Smoothie?  

389 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Yeah, I think they do their own thing and grow up. I just left my pets there and they slowly grew up with time.

Also, Thanks for the reminder, I fixed the link, here's the trade again:

Random Trade I got

Could a more experienced player help me out and see what's up?

Edited by GoldeenTrix

Yeah, I think they do their own thing and grow up. I just left my pets there and they slowly grew up with time.

Also, I fixed the link, here's the trade again:

Random Trade I got

Well personally I wouldn't do the trade because...

That rooster you have looks fabulous.

Well personally I wouldn't do the trade because...

That rooster you have looks fabulous.

I know right, he's all like: I'm sexy and I know it.

But a lot of the most valued pets (I found a rarity list in the forums) actually look quite plain, so you never really know.

Also, I fixed the link, here's the trade again:

Random Trade I got

Technically it's a fair trade (they're offering you three pets for one, all within three months of each other) but those roosters seemed less common than the rest of that litter so I would wait until it gets a rarity, personally. o3o

Edited by Infinis

Technically it's a fair trade (they're offering you three pets for one, all within three months of each other) but those roosters seemed less common than the rest of that litter so I would wait until it gets a rarity, personally. o3o

Ahhh, I've been waiting for the rarities to show up, but it's taking soooo looooong. I wanna know!!

I have to say among September's batch of dogs, there are a lot of pretty ones that I really like.

But this derpy one made me snort air out of my nose.

Edited by GoldeenTrix

What's a COPPA user? Someone gave me 2 pets for free when I first registered.

COPPA is the protection for young users, supposed to keep them from accidentally sharing personal info.

COPPA is the protection for young users, supposed to keep them from accidentally sharing personal info.

Yup! It's very useful....but lots of kids lie about their age and 8 year olds still run rampant on the forums. I think members that young are running around without COPPA protection, anyway. Either that or really, really immature adults

The Forums are really the only problem. The game itself and the pets are quite nice.

Edited by Esko_the_Wolf

Yup! It's very useful....but lots of kids lie about their age and 8 year olds still run rampant on the forums. I think members that young are running around without COPPA protection, anyway. Either that or really, really immature adults

The Forums are really the only problem. The game itself and the pets are quite nice.

CS is the only game I play that does COPPA protection, and I honestly don't understand why because it's stupidly easy to lie about your age.

The downside to COPPA though is that it paved the way for the forum to be treated like children. If you treat the forum members as being at least 13 - that is, more like adults - the players behave more like adults (or they're whipped into shape pretty quick by the more mature members).

The pets are nice. I love lilian nightshade's pets :D

CS is the only game I play that does COPPA protection, and I honestly don't understand why because it's stupidly easy to lie about your age.

The downside to COPPA though is that it paved the way for the forum to be treated like children. If you treat the forum members as being at least 13 - that is, more like adults - the players behave more like adults (or they're whipped into shape pretty quick by the more mature members).

The pets are nice. I love lilian nightshade's pets biggrin.gif

I honestly think the COPPA thing is more of a statement than anything else. Pretty much telling parents "hey, look, we are safe for kids" and they uphold it as if it means something.

I've added everyone who gave their usernames here.

For the people just joining or are curious about joining, here's a rundown with pros and cons:

You can adopt pets from the adopt tab (http://www.chickensmoothie.com/adoptables/) and the pets grow based on time. Always adopt the maximum number you can since they will often grow into several kinds. there is no "feeding" clicking, or any amount of interaction needed with the pets. You can however "dress" the pets, by slapping any kind of items you have on them. There are some people who hold items in just the same or higher regard than pets while others simply don't want them. Also, the second and third gen pets are "bred" by the staff, meaning they are a regular monthly adopt and you don't get to breed pets yourself.

So what's the appeal?

- This is the lazy person's adoptable. Other than events, the site is usually very easy going and you can just adopt each month and watch them grow. For people who can't remember to shove things on sites to be clicked on (other than DC) or want another adoptable site that does not take any time, this one is great.

- You can make a wishlist. You can add pets for your wishlist through the archives (http://www.chickensmoothie.com/archive/). Keep in mind there are some pretty rare pets on there and a lot of the older pets are more rare than their rarity suggests.

- You can block people you don't like. If you feel you do not want to associate with someone on the site again, you can block them and just as easily remove them from your block list. A person who is blocked or "foed" cannot send trades or messages.

The Cons-

- Stick to the DC forums, these are bad. As stated, a lot of the user-base is pretty immature and "sensitive" so it's best not to interact with too many people until you get a feel for the place.

- There are some incredibly hard to get pets, so this is NOT a place for completion-ists. Most people get these pets by drawing for them, spending a butt-load of time trading up (and I mean YEARS), or buying their way to them.

- There is a currency that can be purchased with real money. The good thing is, you can trade for the currency and even better, out of all the adoptable sites I've been on, it is the cheapest in terms of what you can get (Flight Rising being the most expensive).

- The rarity system itself is not confusing, but trading can be. The thread for asking if a trade is fair or not is usually bogged down and people get skipped over easily, so it's rarely useful. You can ask here about trades and people here can help as much as possible.

- You can make trade rules, though as people have said before, they rarely get read.

Some of the artwork on Chicken Smoothie is absolutely amazing.

I have several beautiful butterfly wolves and they're all gorgeous. I love how they all start off the same but end up different.

Okay, I actually might take the game up, now..

Thanks for the breakdown, Wook. <3

Please join. I need more people to harass.

I am so close to gettign this thing

http://static.chickensmoothie.com/item/100&p=1111.jpg

The last animal egg set has been impossible to get...I might start looking for people wanting to get rid of them on FR

Edited by Wookieinmashoo

*pokes*

Hey, everyone, the super rare 18th Advent day pets are out! biggrin.gif Go get yours!

*pokes*

Hey, everyone, the super rare 18th Advent day pets are out! biggrin.gif Go get yours!

I have one growing one and I'm hoping it's an outcome I don't have. Still I strongly suggest people to adopt the pets today even if you aren't active. They can be used for offsite trades at least.

Edited by Wookieinmashoo

I also go there. Moonlightelf is my username.

I'm basically your friendly BW/Dragon/Unicorn hoarder neighbor.

Mostly keeping to myself though. Unless I want to trade for thingies.

If anyone knew me on CS, I was Shirosashi. I quit in September last year because I knew it as a madhouse of bullies. The few people I friended and did matter to me were soon never online and I didn't feel welcomed like they say you'll be when you first register. I left in a single day and haven't been back since. I left behind Lincoln my precious raven, Ely. the android, and tons of other pets.

A friend whom I barely ever saw in real life registered a week after I left because she wasn't welcomed in real life. In short, her family was deteriorating, she was bullied in school and she didn't know where else to go. She felt at home on CS and I was happy for her. Less than a month after she was online, someone hacked her account and she was trying to get help for it. I haven't heard from or met up with her since but if you can, please send a PM to Oreo•Bunny - that's her username. It would mean so much to me.

I play!

Username: UniqueZephlyn

P.S: What is it with the Anti-Rat crap? D: I love them!

P.S.S: Trade me if you wish ninja.gif

I play!

Username: UniqueZephlyn

P.S: What is it with the Anti-Rat crap? D: I love them!

P.S.S: Trade me if you wish ninja.gif

It's not so much anti-rat as people just don't like them.

I'm not really a big fan of them. For me they're too stretched out in one direction. I'd love rats that were sitting up, for example.

In the meantime, I'm loving the dragons this month ;A; I need so many.

I actually came here from CS! I really enjoy it! xd.png

Username: Sm;)e

Trade me if you wish!

Edited by Sugarsprig