dragonpile101

Chicken Smoothie anyone?

Does anyone know about Chicken Smoothie?  

392 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

It's December 18th, so even if you only log on casually or barely at all, it's worth checking out the advent adoptions for today.

It's worth it I guess, but expect to be disappointed. My ones last year were worse, but I still ended up with 3 pets I already have, so I'm looking to trade them

*pokes thread*

Valentine and Mardi Gras! Valentine pets have too much pink for my tastes, Mardi Gras are fine %)

My name is Lae there. Positive features - pets growing by themselves, good art, lots of interesting options (trade logs, trade links, wishlist). Negative - most of the pets being just recolored versions of themselves, very cute though, but when you have about 1000 typical copy-and-paste horses...

Edited by laertid

I used to be a member. I joined in 2008, but my activity slowly fizzled out because some people were pretty nasty to me and didn't want me there. Honestly to this day the site itself makes me really anxious.

My mom plays though. She's sparrow8, and she does absolutely mindblowing fantasy work in the Oekaki boards.

Just registered biggrin.gif

Can anybody give me extra info?

My username is alicebowlsly on pretty much every adoptable game. smile.gif I'm newer, and idk.. I have mixed emotions about CS, but it's pretty fun and very active forumwise.

I do not really like or understand the need to overlabel myself. I feel like it's more a forum for super young users, butttt there are a lot of nice people and I've been lucky to get gifted lots of cute pets and trade and whatnot.

It's a trading site basically and I like that I can do nothing and see the pets grow over time. I like that there are different rarities and people have gifted me rares which is super nice of them!

smile.gif

Edited by alicebowlsly

Aww man! That was the first site I ever joined and got serious about. So many years ago!

Now I've graduated past it. It's ok, but I prefer a more engaging site. My latest obsession is www.Nokuku.com! I also occasionally play MagiStream and of course this place, DC, I still love.

Just registered biggrin.gif

Can anybody give me extra info?

Hi. If you adopt more than one newborn, you can watch them grow and take notes. Each pet has about 2-5 adult forms, while 2Gens and 3Gens have only 1.

You can get items, too, to dress up your pets.

If you adopt a new rare pet, you can trade for much older ones in the Trading forum.

PPS stands for Peter Pan Syndrome. Pets that have PPS will remain young forever!!!

BBS stands for Benjamin Button Syndrome. Pets that have BBS are born as really old-looking adults and will be so forever!!!

BTW, my username on CS is cippisweet, if you want to check out my pets, message me, or even send a trade!! happy.gif

Hi. If you adopt more than one newborn, you can watch them grow and take notes. Each pet has about 2-5 adult forms, while 2Gens and 3Gens have only 1.

You can get items, too, to dress up your pets.

If you adopt a new rare pet, you can trade for much older ones in the Trading forum.

PPS stands for Peter Pan Syndrome. Pets that have PPS will remain young forever!!!

BBS stands for Benjamin Button Syndrome. Pets that have BBS are born as really old-looking adults and will be so forever!!!

BTW, my username on CS is cippisweet, if you want to check out my pets, message me, or even send a trade!! happy.gif

Oh, that was a few months ago xd.png I know my way around now

I am horrified at all the members on CS that whine, act rudely, break rules- and think it is fine. ONE PLAYER was banned from an rp I was in for repeatedly godmodding, going against the sayings of the OP, and mary-sueing. That player thought it was supposed to go their way. When they had the gut to invite me to another rp they were making, I told them no and why; because they showed themselves as a rude and whiny player who I would rather stay away from. They told me that was rude as if what they did was not rude.

I sometimes wonder why some of these kids are allowed on the Internet. I really do

I am horrified at all the members on CS that whine, act rudely, break rules- and think it is fine. ONE PLAYER was banned from an rp I was in for repeatedly godmodding, going against the sayings of the OP, and mary-sueing. That player thought it was supposed to go their way. When they had the gut to invite me to another rp they were making, I told them no and why; because they showed themselves as a rude and whiny player who I would rather stay away from. They told me that was rude as if what they did was not rude.

I sometimes wonder why some of these kids are allowed on the Internet. I really do

I don't even RP....I stay faaaaaaaaaaaar away from that because my RPs are personal and only meant for my eyes and friend's eyes and plus the storylines are for adults 18+ laugh.gif

But ya...it just mostly cause trouble. I personally haven't had any negative run ins, but if I do they can enjoy the nice snug spot on my foes list cool.gif

I just found it again, I had to pets and this is my newest one is a very cute foal =)

COPPA is a great thing...and it would be perfect if nobody lied about their age. I think many extremely young people play, which makes the forums a mess. We have too many players and too little mods. Poor staff, they must have grey hair by now

I don't understand how DC has many mature players and CS has many immature players. And I think the young users skip over trading rules and try to get rares. This was one trade I received. That Butterfly Wolf is the only rare I have, so of course I will hold onto it. Four 2014 very commons, even if it is 4:1, is not worth a 2010 rare at all. Sure, I hoard dragons, but I won't give up the only rare I may possibly ever get for them. A Malk Dragon MAYBE, but not commons from last year

I love chicken smoothie!

Plus my signature on there is significantly prettier with my dressed up and themed animals.

I've been too lazy to put something together on the DC forum.

I do agree with you though. Some of the trade offers are ridiculous.

I have a Holly dog from 2009 or 10 I can't remember which year they were released. And people send me trades that are like.

30 C or VCs from 2015.

It's nuts.

Its not very fun but eh,Its something

COPPA is a great thing...and it would be perfect if nobody lied about their age. I think many extremely young people play, which makes the forums a mess. We have too many players and too little mods. Poor staff, they must have grey hair by now

I don't understand how DC has many mature players and CS has many immature players. And I think the young users skip over trading rules and try to get rares. This was one trade I received. That Butterfly Wolf is the only rare I have, so of course I will hold onto it. Four 2014 very commons, even if it is 4:1, is not worth a 2010 rare at all. Sure, I hoard dragons, but I won't give up the only rare I may possibly ever get for them. A Malk Dragon MAYBE, but not commons from last year

The player base is immature because they're treated like children. have you seen the 18+ area? It might as well be scrapped because it still needs to be PG to "protect the childrenz". It's full of things that should be openly discussed with children, such as gender identity or religion.

This site is perfect for people who tend to forget or don't have a lot of time. It's perfectly enjoyable if you don't actively trade and avoid most the forums. It's pretty unbelievable the level of intelligence (or lack thereof) that can be found there because of how all content is subjectively scrutinized and shut down if it doesn't meet their standards. What ticks me off most is their explanation of copyright infringement is complete and utter bs. They happily misinform people when they can simply say that it's just the site rules. No, they have to go so far as to say crap like, "tracing is copyright infringement"...no it isn't. If it was printmaking wouldn't exist since a lot of them use direct photographs which is directly using someone's artwork.

There was recently a spiel about keeping the word "anti" off the forums because it's too negative. Okay, whatever, but then they go so far as to say instead of using "ant-religious" use "atheist". FYI, they're not the same thing. Though I guess "pro-secular" might cover that, though it's still not essentially the same.

The good thing is they have a blacklist, so you can just put people in there that just seem incapable of understanding a simple explanation.

The people I have requesting drawings and stuff have a fairly good nature. I haven't really run into any problems there and people can converse normally.

All in all, the sire is fine, just avoid talking to anyone and you should mostly be good. I'd like to have some other DC people to trade with though.

I play, I'm Tekla there.

I stay mostly away from anything except the trade forums...it's a little sad how everything has to be protected for the children. We have pretty young types here on DC too and we don't treat them with kid gloves.

Being a COPPA player must suck, though. Can't even write their own trade messages.

I managed at least to get all my favorite pets and I have a couple hoards to keep me occupied, so I have something to do there continually at least.

Also, some of the staff dogs this year are really nice. I'm looking forward to the egg-thing, Lilian Nightshade's, the seal-thing, and the one with rainbowy markings.

And I think the young users skip over trading rules and try to get rares.

Not even just young players, a lot of players - and I can completely understand why. Some are flat out ridiculous. You don't need 30 images and fancy text in colors that are painful to read to get your points across; you don't need more than one codeword.

I have exactly two guidelines, no codewords, no images, nothing complicated at all and people still don't read them - even after I put them in large type, caps, and red text. And no one seems to realize that it's a waste of their time and mine to send me trades with things I'm not going to accept. :I

I tend to get irritated most over the fact that people won't lock up pets they don't want to trade, though. It doesn't make any sense to actually make available pets you have no intention of trading. It's kind of hateful; like, these are on your wishlist but lol you can't get them because they're nft, I just leave them like that for show. (If I wanted to /see/ the things I could visit your collection without the aid of a trade window, thanks.)

I joined CS about a month ago, and I'm extremely confused.

I get how to adopt pets and such. But what is with the rarity thing?? I know that the rarities don't get assigned until about a month later, but everything is so confusing.

I also keep getting random trades. What do you guys think of this one? I'm too new to understand what's going on.

Random trade I got

The rarity is how rare a pet is relative to how many players are on site, I think. Also it's helpful in trades - a rare isn't a fair trade for a very common and so on.

Also that's the wrong trade link...you have to open the trade, click "share trade" and copy the link it gives you there. c:

I'm pretty confused as well xd.png

I have over 100 adopted pets (lol, 64 of them are canines ) and do they just do their own thing and grow up?

I sort all my pets into their own breed group things.

Dogs and (butterfly) wolves into Canines.

Cats and similar into Felines.

Horses and similar to Equines.

And then the other stuff into Other.

Edited by Stellaluna22