dragon_mando

Firefly - Not to be confused with "Fireflies"

My copy is the lending copy, Shiny's is the "Doesn't leave the house" copy, because she got Adam Baldwin to sign it.

"Also? I can kill you with my brain."

I finished watching the series yesterday and am very disappointed that nobody is going to pick up the slack for this show. Everything screamed awesome and I'm quite discusted that it only lasted one season.

So the Science Chanel has picked up Firefly and is re-airing the first season.

In HD.

It makes me joyful. :3

I know every line of dialogue by heart of both the series and the movie. Kind of sad. I guess I'm obsessed.

The show got axed in the first place because Fox didn't get where Joss Whedon was going with the show, and then didn't trust him enough that people would follow where he was headed.

So the original pilot episode got shown to the execs and they said "nah". Ok, so Joss and his writing buddy had all of a few days to throw together 'The Train Job' which then became the pilot episode, but the original pilot episode then got played later.

Then Fox put Firefly in a kill zone time slot, and began showing the episodes out of order.

That's how it got canceled.

But Browncoats are currently trying to raise $300 Million on Facebook to get Nathan Fillion the rights to the show. I think it's a lost cause. After all Nathan Fillion is on Castle, Summer Glau is on The Cape, Morena Baccarin is on V, and Alan Tudyk killed his character. (He actually asked Joss to do that!) And that's just to name a few.

And for Nathan Fillion fans, I sure hope you noticed the Firefly reference in Castle. That was an awesome epic moment.

*sigh* Why is it the good shows get canceled, and the crap keeps on going?

I'm sorry, Firefly is dead. It's been almost 10 years since the show got canceled. As much as I love the show and movie, it's long gone. As Joss once asked, "When does this stop being CPR and start being necrophilia?"

The "Help Nathan Buy Firefly" thing ended a few days ago actually.

It started from something Nathan said in an interview I think, but after some more looking into it, Joss and Nathan both weren't interested, so they closed up shop.

The sad thing is, you guys are right. The 'verse of firefly is dead. It is unfortunate that it died like that. They could have made SO much money it isn't even funny. Literally every person EVER that I have show this show to has loved it. They go "So when does the next season start?" I have to shatter their hopes and dreams. I'm kind of like the grim reaper of dreams. Anyway it sucks but such is life. I'm going to go oil my browncoat. *whistles in background are heard.

You can find Dr. Horrible at Dr. Horrible.com. You can watch the whole thing for free there. I take it back...you could watch it for free up to a few months ago. sad.gif

All the 'episodes' can be found on Youtube, starting here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=apEZpYnN_1g

But more on subject, Nathan's attmept at buying the rights failed. Us browncoats are a lonely bunch :3

The sad thing is, you guys are right. The 'verse of firefly is dead. It is unfortunate that it died like that. They could have made SO much money it isn't even funny.

I agree everyone I've lent my DVD's to all really enjoyed them. The show really had the potential to be bigger then Joss's other works like Buffy and Angel but sadly it was never meant to be.

Wow, I'm really late to the party here. =P I was introduced to the show almost a year ago, and since then it's been my favorite sci-fi show to watch (up there with Star Trek and Babylon 5).

And yes, CURSE FOX'S SUDDEN BUT INEVITABLE BETRAYAL!! Joss did such a great job of writing characters that were believable and easy to relate to--there were no "perfect" characters, and everybody had a dark secret (some of whom we never got to see. Thanks again, Fox). I can't really pick a favorite character, to be honest, because they were so well-written.

I heard about that "Help Nathan Buy Firefly" project...it's a real shame it never fell through, because I know there are a lot of fans out there who really truly miss the show and want it back.

Edited by Babylon2260