dragon_mando

Firefly - Not to be confused with "Fireflies"

Firefly: A single season series about a ragtag bunch of people living on a Firefly-class starship called the Serenity.

Anyone else a fan?

In my opinion, it was one of the best shows to ever air, with lovable, believable characters, a deep and detailed universe, and interesting plotlines.

I've watched some of the episodes but I haven't seen any of them in quite a while. I didn't watch it when it first came out but watched repeats when Syfy had in on a long while back.

There was also a movie, called Serenity wink.gif

My brother and father are fans, but I've only seen a couple of episodes... "The hospital" is one xd.png

I LOOOOOOVE Firefly. I discovered it well after the show jumped the shark and the movie was released, but it is absolutely awesome. In general I am just a fan of his stuff - Dr Horrible's Sing-a-long Blog anyone?

I am a HUGE fan of Firefly it was a serious crime when they axed it after only one series! I only got into it last year when my cousin gave me the series and the movie because I enjoyed Buffy and he thought I might like this as well. The DVD's sat next to my TV for about 2months until one day there was nothing to watch and I thought meh I might as well...my only regret was not watching it sooner! It is to awesome for words, fantastic characters and such original storylines.

That Hospital episode someone mentioned before was just so awesome...I mean seriously that episode alone they could have turned into a movie itself. That episode also has my fav quote by Mal: "The next time you decide to stab me in the back, have the guts to do it to my face." As I've allready said how it was ever canceled after one season i will NEVER understand.

Such a shame they cancelled it. I *loved* the first season, and I'm sure it could have been an enduring favourite had they kep it running.

Serenity. Was. AWESOME!

River was a bad-A in the fight against the Reavers ^-^

People think I'm mentally unstable because whenever someone says certain things, I say one of River's lines.

I was both sad and happy w ehn they released Serenity.. Why?

Because it means that popular demand can sometimes bring back aesome things... unfortunately It didnt bring back the series.

Another thing.... I want to kidnap Nathan Fillion and he can live in my storage room xd.png

Dr. Horrible's sing along!!

Fox: Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!

Firefly was a fantastic show. I wish I'd known about it when it was running.

I love, love, love X 100 that show! It is so creative and interesting and unique. I love how detailed the episodes are, every time you watch it you find something new.

People think I'm mentally unstable because whenever someone says certain things, I say one of River's lines.

Erm... I do that with lines from all the characters. Most people look at me like "WTH?" when I quote things, but my whole family and especially my parents are Browncoats, so we just banter with the dialogue. One recently started with my father teasing my mother and me, and her saying "The wheel never stops turning." I immediately said back "That only matters to the people on the rim." in my best Badger voice. We all started laughing hysterically.

Edited by Emmejo

I am currently pulling together an offline Serenity RPG, which is looking to be pretty fun. smile.gif One player is making a hovercar racer/ship pilot.

My friends and I quite loved the series when it was on-we still rewatch it every once in awhile. I don't know how many times I've watched Serenity.

I LOOOOOOVE Firefly. I discovered it well after the show jumped the shark and the movie was released, but it is absolutely awesome. In general I am just a fan of his stuff - Dr Horrible's Sing-a-long Blog anyone?

Same here.

Serenity is my favorite movie, and my favorite show is firefly.

Sooo damn good. I really wish I had a spare $100,000,000 so I could revive the show. I think the movie finished it off well so I wouldn't want another one, but a lot can happen in the time between the show and the movie.

Hell, I had never once even heard of firefly until after Serenity was out on HBO. I watched it and instantly fell in love with the series. For quite some time there I was obsessed with it.

But if you guys want another good series with Nathan Fillion watch Castle. I absolutely adore that series, and it's almost to the point that it's replaced Firefly as my favorite series.

I never heard about the series until a few days ago- I may watch the series, but when it comes to TV or movies, I probably won't watch it. xd.png

EDIT: misspelling.

Edited by magoo1125

I wanna look into this (Dr. Horrible made me do it) but they don't have it at Blockbuster and I can't find it on YouTube. Blockbuster does have Serenity, though... If I rent it with no foreknowledge of the series other than 9 dudes in space, will I be able to grasp the concept and plot? And if any if you have a free place to watch the series itself, I'd be exceptionally grateful. :3

You won't get as much out of Serenity as a Firefly fan would, but the story still makes sense.

I ended up coming to Firefly after seeing the Serenity BDM.

If you love the Serenity movie, you'll probably love Firefly. And it will be worth splurging on the DVD set.

However, I think the series is on Hulu. Let me see if it's still there.

Edit: It's there, but only episodes 10-14. They've cut back. D:

http://www.hulu.com/search?query=Firefly&st=1

Edited by Stromboli

Man I love this show. A couple of friends introduced me to it and I fell in love. It gets serious nerd cred from me for correctly portraying sound in space. biggrin.gif *hint: there is none*

There are a couple of graphic novels written my Joss that tell some more stories about our favorite crew. There is one, I can't remember when it's supposed to be out, that fills in Shepard Book's back story. Needless to say, that is going to be awesome. smile.gif

I have all the episodes on DVD! Dude, that show makes me soooo happy! I luuurrve Wash! Okay, so Nathan Fillion is also awesome, but come on! Alan Tudyk can be awesome, too!

"Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!"

Here's the t-shirt - SHIRT

Alan Tudyk is amazing.

Sean Maher is adorable.

Basically the entire cast is delicious.

PS, that shirt is amazing.

My aunt lent me her DVD box set of it, along with Serenity. I'm finishing up "Our Mrs. Reynolds" right now. You guys are right, it's an awesome show...

Wash (playing with dinosaurs): "And we will call this land... This land!"

Firefly was an amazing, amazing show. Not the one that sparked my interest in Sci-Fi, but the one that revived it with a vengeance.

I also seem to be having a soft spot for Jaaayyynnneee, the man they call Jayne! rolleyes.gif

I wanna look into this (Dr. Horrible made me do it) but they don't have it at Blockbuster and I can't find it on YouTube. Blockbuster does have Serenity, though... If I rent it with no foreknowledge of the series other than 9 dudes in space, will I be able to grasp the concept and plot? And if any if you have a free place to watch the series itself, I'd be exceptionally grateful. :3

You can find Dr. Horrible at Dr. Horrible.com. You can watch the whole thing for free there. I take it back...you could watch it for free up to a few months ago. sad.gif

The DVD and CD are available from Amazon and you can download it from iTunes for a small fee.

Nope. Not a fan at all. wink.gif

I despise The Network That Shall Not Be Named and its (for me) Local Affiliate that pre-empted half of what was actually shown. *hawkspit*

I have a copy of the series, plus a lending copy. And for Serenity, the original DVD, the Special Edition, and the Australian copy in the tin box. smile.gif

Edited for site change. sad.gif

Edited by RMMC

I have a copy of the series, plus a lending copy. And for Serenity, the original DVD, the Special Edition, and the Australian copy in the tin box. smile.gif

I have the copy of serenity in the tin box as well lol. My brother has my series DVD's at the moment because I gave them to him to watch after he enjoyed the movie (I told him watch the series first but meh what can you do tongue.gif )

Edited by Kaynight

I have the copy of serenity in the tin box as well lol. My brother has my series DVD's at the moment because I gave them to him to watch after he enjoyed the movie (I told him watch the series first but meh what can you do tongue.gif )

See? You need a lending copy, too. That way you're never without. biggrin.gif

The cover for the tin box was so much nicer than what we originally had...unless you've got a thing for llamas. wink.gif

I used to have a lending copy, then people stopped giving them back. lol No worries, I guess. More fans!