SlowHornpipe172

Art Appreciation

I LOVE the silvers (hahaha evidently...) and alt. blacks as well as the blunas, sunsongs, and new pinks.

So prettyyyy

The White dragons are my favourite,though I don't know what to say about the stick that it holds on its tail,it's a nice pose anyway!

I just love the pose,as a peaceful dragon,it stands very relaxing...I find its eyes absolutely charming and beautiful!It looks very sleek to me.

BEAUTIFUL,is the word I would like to describe them!Though it'll be cool to have gender difference...But it seems that I'd prefer them to be ambiguous!

My two favorite dragons EVER are the Skywings and the Waterhorses. The Skywings are so graceful looking, and I like the coloring and shading on the Waterhorses. They look fun to squish!

I've always loved the splits especially the hatchlings but both sprites. They remind me of Godzilla movies which makes me very happy.

I also love the albinos simply because the shading and weird pose they are in seems to suit, IMHO, a dragon species that has a recessive trait as the dominant characteristic.

I adore the BBW to me they just look how I would imagine a wyvern. They remind me of bright tropical birds.

The electrics make me happy too. The colors and the sparks arcing all over as well as the yellow eyes give it a crazy and energetic look that suits them I think.

The pebbles are awesome too. They look so grumpy which I think fits for the idea of a reclusive dragon that throws rocks. xd.png The pose is very unique and gives them a lot of movement. I love the base color so much.

The fellfires are perfect to me when it comes to capturing the Medieval style of the dragon. The male especially reminds me of the classic dragon.

The colors on the magi are just spectacular. The color alone is awesome and the pose is very relaxed and thoughtful... like you would expect from a mage.

The winters are my favorites of the seasonals. I love the colors and the poses are very strong and fierce. They remind me of winter storm.

The sunsets and sunsongs have the most awesome color schemes of all the dragons. I really adore them.

I just have to take a moment to "Eeeeee!" over the nebulas. They are just so beautiful! The colors, the shading, the stars are just well done!

I also want to drop a line for the whites. The first dragon I ever got, the whites hold a special place in my heart. They're so graceful and peaceful looking.

A hat tip the the neotropicals: They look so light and delicate, birdlike...I totally want one as a pet. I know they're supposed to be bigger but I keep picturing them as small enough to perch on my shoulder...they are truly lovely.

Although every dragon in DC is beautiful, I think I'll just start with one:

The Glory Drakes! Both the Day and the Night glories are beautiful. The poses remind me of some sort of dancer, or aerial acrobat. Their grace is nicely captured in a single pixel image, especially in their fluttery wings.

So BRAVO! I am in awe of any and all artists of these beautiful dragons that grace our scrolls day after day.

Just when I thought there couldn't be anything cuter than the Shallow Water hatchling, along comes that adorable Spitfire hatchling. wub.gif (And the adult Spitfire is beautiful, too!)

Actually there are way too many beautiful dragons for me to pick one I love the most, so I just want to say thank you to all the great artists here. Looking at my dragons really makes me happy, and that's because of YOUR great work. smile.gif

Has anyone mentioned the hellfires, yet? Those are definitely my favorite, awesome pixels there. Gray ones I've also got a soft spot for, was one of the first few I picked up, and I thought they were awesome. AND NEGLECTED. Man, I'd have a hundred of those if I could, hah. The new spitfires are pretty awesome, too.

Frill: So. much. detail. Crammed into one 100x100 box! They look all huge and threatening, and yet it's just for show. They're loving and nurturing, everything you'd want in a dragon mommy or daddy.

Red: OH MAN. THE SHADING.

BBW: Lovely colors, incredible markings, dynamic pose, masterful shading...what's not to love?

Cheese: Oh the derp. Derpity derp derp. smile.gif

Dark Green: They're just like "k i nom ur face off nao" and manage to look both vicious and calm at the same time.

Daydreams: They have this personality that goes "lalalalalala" and the male is like "oh look something shiny imma get it". Interaction is love.

Dorsals: Elegant

Electrics: Alive with energy

And the frill hatchling is SO CUTE!

Glory drakes are so vibrant!

Greys, both male and female.

And basically every other dragon!

White: they look so pretty, i basiclly couldn't wait to get one, the wings are beutiful, they look very cute (Hatchlings included!)!

Day/night glorys: I love the day glory for the vibrant coloring, and the night for it's buetiful shading.

Male Purples - A simply gorgeous sprite. I love his pose, his colours... He looks so regal and majestic. Just plain amazing.

Frill hatchlings - OMG. You just DON'T get cuter than a first stage Frill <3

I really love all the dragons-- they each have something unique about them that makes me enjoy their sprites! I have a few personal favorites which just always pique my interest:

Daydreams- something about how neatly they're pixelled is really appealing to me.

Hellfire- these are seriously gorgeous dragons. I'm amazed at all the texture and color detail in two tiny sprites.

Sunsongs- While the colors are gorgeous, it's actually the design and name of the dragon that did it for me. "Amphipteres" ? How cool is that?

Blunas- I also really love the name of these guys, and of course, like all of the dragons on dragcave, they're gorgeous. And the baby sprite is adorable, with its mouth wide open!

Neglected- How the artist managed to capture that "neglected" look, while simultaneously making that dingy shade of green nice is a mystery to me.

Nebulae: The wings. The color. It's amazing.

I could go on and on... I love them all.

I just have to say, I LOVE split eggs! The intertwining blues are just, so, beautiful and harmonious to look at. Now if only I could freeze an egg.....

Off the top of my head...

I love the little smirk that the deep sea dragons seem to have on their faces. It's cute.

Oh, and the lil' deep-sea fish lure on their heads...nice!

I love the silly detail symbol on the black alt sweetlings (no, it's not a heart like the rest,) and it reminds me of this post on cakewrecks.

I love how the balloon dragons look so playfully buoyant.

I must say I adore the color choices for the split dragons...

And the texture on the Sunsong Amphipteres is absolutely amazing. blink.gif Unbelievably pulled off very well for a surely challenging breed.

I have to say, I really, REALLY love the Green hatchies! biggrin.gif

And female Alt blacks...epic awesomeness...

One word: Sunsets. <3

My favorite would have to be the Frills.

The hatchlings remind me of Jurassic Park--the Dilophosaurus--and you can't even begin to mention how much I love Jurassic Park.

Others I would have to mention are:

WaveRunners. Does anyone but me find they look a bit like a Pterodactyl? Not Yoshi-style, but actual Pterodactyl. Again, I love dinosaurs, so yeah xd.png

SunSet / SunRise dragons. I have a weak spot for them. They're smexy beasts. Coloring is beautiful.

Chickens. Okay, sure, they're not dragons, but hey, they're cute xd.png especially the chicks!

Leetle Trees. Same as chickens, but I find them an interesting concept throughout DC xd.png

My favorites are the silvers, especially the males. The coloring is gorgeous-the silver with the blue frill just makes everything look really nice. The females have a cute pose. x3

Others I have to mention because I love them too:

Nebulae: So pretty! <3 I love the little spots. Nebula dragons always remind me of a clear night sky with no city lights around to mess up the view.

Frills: Pretty also. :3 The coloring was very nice, as was the design and pose.

Vampires: Epicness. They even have the fangs! <3

Blacks/alt Blacks: Pretty! Especially the female alts; they're just so pretty, the way they're posed.

Goldfish/Shallow Waters: I'm not much of an orange color lover, but the orange is these dragons is perfect. <3

Spitfires: Who knew tuquiose and pale brown looked so GOOD together? I never would have thought of it. Excellent color choice.

I love sunsongs, the shading is just gorgeous.

Female alt blacks, they're just beautiful.

And silvers.... I love all the sprites really. They are all really well done smile.gif

EDIT : oh how could I forget my beloved cheeses!!!! so adorable!!! the hatchling sprite just kills me tongue.gif So cute! wonderfully done.

Edited by Kaini

I love nearly all the dragons, though my favorites are:

Mints: Gah they're just so cute. Especially the hatchling stage with its teeny horns. Favorite dragon ever, want to have an army of them.

Dorsals: Nice and simple but I love 'em.

Nebulas: I love the little stars on them and how they're almost glowy.

Hellfires: Seriously? Very high quality, detailed sprites. What more can you ask for?

Cheese: They're so odd and cute.

Vampires: I'm addicted to these guys. Especially the male sprite.

Did I mention? Yellow. Dinos. Are. Awesomeness.

And all the others are too, just at the moment I appreciate the Yellow's epicness most xd.png

I absolutely love the Shallow water hatchling and the adult and I love the Sunsong dragons. There just absolutely beautiful and detailed very well.

Edit: And I really think the silver hatchlings are adorable. Who came up with the silver hatchling?

Edited by shopgirl998

I love the shallow water dragon, the fins are so well done and that shade of orange in gorgeous. The way the gender dimorphism was done is good too.

Two-headed dragons have, in my opinion, the best combination of blue possible. The shading of the wings is wonderful, and how the spriter managed to cram so many details into less than 100x100 pixels is amazing.

I don't even say anything about the hellfire dragons, their amount of win should be insanely obvious.

The magma dragon is my favorite of the trios. The colors and how the hardened magma looks terrific, and the blunt face and hooked claws gives me the impression that the magma dragon is very, very old.

On a final note, the pinks are lovely, even without the BSA. The pose, the 3/4 tilt of the male's head, and the marking on the chest and back make them so graceful and purdy. <3

The new female dimorph of the Summer Seasonal looks like the PoPo Chan on Youtube. If you aren't familiar with PopoChan, it's a small owl that changes it's stature (yes I said stature) when it's confronted with different birds. When Popochan is introduced to certain types of owls, it goes all fluffy and spreads it's tail like a Thanksgiving turkey. When it is introduced to another type of owl, it goes all narrow and mean looking. See what I mean? Isn't it fun how the face looks similar?

user posted image

I know it isn't exact, but its enough to make you think about it.