evina

TheEvina's DragHatch

It's working fine for me. I entered "turkaless" and it opened the scroll ok (I didn't enter any of your eggs/hatchies. I was just checking if it worked for me).

It can be opened but when I click to add the codes it says my scroll doesn't exist.

Strange. It let me enter one of mine fine so I tried to enter one from your scroll and it let me. I then removed the egg.

I use Firefox browser with Javascript turned one. I don't know if the browser used might make a difference though.

edit: I'm also clicking on the egg/hatchie image to add rather than entering the codes.

Edited by rubyshoes

Just want to say that this is a great fansite, and the first one I ever used :3

And that's strange, it allows me to add oO Glitch time maybeh?

wow this is the best 1 ive used so far.....never gotten 600 views in just 1 night on all my things biggrin.gif gonna use this 1 more often i think

This site is also telling me my scroll does not exist. Is it perhaps because my scroll name is two separate words with a space in between?

Why do "0 day" eggs show up as "Egg Does Not Exist"? I've only in the past week or two noticed that this was an issue for me.

I don't know what the problem is. (And I didn't get any notification of an API change either.) But I'll track down the problem as soon as I have the time to do it.

This site is also telling me my scroll does not exist. Is it perhaps because my scroll name is two separate words with a space in between?

I had the same problem. For your scroll you have to type in %20 between the space.

Your username: Himura%20Kenshin

On your own dragon scoll page, there should be something at the top like

'If you would like to show your scroll to others, give them the following link:'

http://dragcave.net/user/Bunny%20Maestro

I guess you copy the end of that and put it in DragHatch. At least, that's with worked for me ^^

Love the site, been using it for a while now smile.gif

My only suggestion is maybe an easier way of cleaning out any adult dragons. As it is I have to hover over them and type in their code manually... Would love maybe a little x beside each dragon to remove them.

So. How does it work exactly? Clearly the nursery is just that section being refreshed with new eggs and the views are calculated, but what about the ER?

I love this. I'm not on any forums that allow the eggs, so this is really helpful for me to get the views necessary to enjoy Dragcave. Thanks for your hard work!

So. How does it work exactly? Clearly the nursery is just that section being refreshed with new eggs and the views are calculated, but what about the ER?

I love this. I'm not on any forums that allow the eggs, so this is really helpful for me to get the views necessary to enjoy Dragcave. Thanks for your hard work!

This is how it works. I hope it's not too technical.

Every 12 hours (but I'm considering making it 8), every item in the Nursery is checked using the Dragcave API. (The work is actually spread throughout the day so it checks about 1/12 of all of them each hour at :15.) If the time remaining in their life is 0 hours or above (-1 represents adults/fogged and -2 represents dead) then they are allowed to stay. Otherwise they are deleted from the database. Each time someone uses the viewer, the dragons in the database are sorted randomly and that number they chose is displayed.

The ER displays all of its entries at all times. It does the API check every hour at :00 too see if the dragon has less than 4 days left (but above -1). If the dragon has more then 4 days left then it is removed because it has become a hatchling (which start at 7 days again). If it is below 0 then it is removed because it is adult/fogged/dead.

I'm glad you enjoy it.

Edited by evina

Thank you very much for building and maintaining this site smile.gif. I got home today to find my Thunder Dragon hatchling hadn't matured yet and had only one hour to go and I managed to save it in the ER. I also love that I don't have to set up an account with have more passwords and such that I forget half the time. smile.gif

I find that I'm using this site more and more lately. Thank you for making/maintaining the site.

Me too. Whenever I add a dragon (I only add those that are having trouble) I remove a few adults from the nursery to help keep the place clean. I hope that's not an issue?

Me too. Whenever I add a dragon (I only add those that are having trouble) I remove a few adults from the nursery to help keep the place clean. I hope that's not an issue?

No, that's nice of you. But it's not really needed because it's programmed to do that work by itself.

Sadly, Dragon Cave seems to be evolving faster than I can keep up with it. There are still several bug that need fixing that I've been too busy/lazy to get to.

My goal is to release version 5 on October 1st. Hopefully It will be ready by then.

Things it will include:

• Themes (including a Halloween one)
  • Better automatic cleaning
  • Seperate auto-refreshing viewer for ER
  • No more click box (cause it doesn't work anymore)
  • Cleaner and more standard-keeping HTML/CSS.
Things that probably won't be included yet:
  • HyperHatch (the fastest and coolest dragon viewer in the world)
  • Fancier JavaScript based GUI
  • AJAX capabilities
Edited by evina

Sorry for double posting too early, but version 5 is not going to come out tomorrow. Let's just say this instead: the update will come when it comes. At least nobody has too much trouble with the current version right now...

Is it just me, or has this website gone off the air today? When I am on the Dragon Cave wiki and click on the link to DragHatch, I am directed to a website by searchdiscovered.com. sad.gif

EDITED TO ADD: And no, my browser has not been hijacked or anything. I am on Linux. smile.gif

Edited by Duysterwald

Is it just me, or has this website gone off the air today? When I am on the Dragon Cave wiki and click on the link to DragHatch, I am directed to a website by searchdiscovered.com. sad.gif

EDITED TO ADD: And no, my browser has not been hijacked or anything. I am on Linux. smile.gif

Tis completely offline.

I see that WraithZephyr said it's offline, but i wanted to let someone know that i clicked my bookmark for the site this morning ans was redirected to a site with drag queen makeup. McAffee had a FIT telling me to close the page, so I'm assuming it was infected in some way with viruses or something. I rarely, if ever have issues where McAffee spazzes like that, so I just wanted to let people know.