Googleplaxin

Worst movie you've ever seen..

I think the worst movie that I ever saw was that "Ponyo" movie. I had no choice to go. dry.gif It was horrible and childish.

I've only ever walked out of the theatre on one movie..."White Chicks". I went to a double feature at a drive in to see something that happened to be paired with it and I'm glad the movie I really wanted to see was shown first.

I'm also not a fan of "Iron-man" because the plot was too slow and it seemed all they cared about was how cool the explosions looked. (I don't care for explosions personally)

I fell asleep in "The shining". (I've realized I may not be normal for this. >.< )

I also heard from someone that worked in a movie theatre that "Dragon Wars" had to have most of the theatre refunded. I never saw it in theatre, but later rented it to see for myself, and it was nothing great.

Edited by Leap

Omg, never watch it. Horrible, depressing, nonsensical.

The book was cute...I loved the book when I was little. o3o Was it really that bad of a movie? o__O;;

@Leap: Which version of "The Shining"? There's two: the original movie and the made-for-TV movie, which is considerably longer than the original movie.

The book was cute...I loved the book when I was little. o3o Was it really that bad of a movie? o__O;;

I haven't read the book, but someone I went to the movie with said it was NOTHING (that much emphasis, rly) like the book, and a thousand times more depressing.

I think the worst movie that I ever saw was that "Ponyo" movie. I had no choice to go. dry.gif It was horrible and childish.

You find a childrens movie childish... OMG WHAT IS THE WORLD COMING TOO!!!CHILDRENS MOVIES, CHILDISH!!! BLASPHEME!!!

I'm sorry but I had to say that.

Where the Red Fern Grows.

The book was sooo good, and the movie just completely sucked. Made me paranoid of movies based off books...so basically all movies. x3

I think the worst movie that I ever saw was that "Ponyo" movie. I had no choice to go.  dry.gif It was horrible and childish.

What. Just what. A child pointing out that something targeted at CHILDREN is childish and that it is bad because of that.

Now, I don't think it's the greatest Ghibli movie out there, but it is NOT a bad movie.

I also don't think that 2012 was that bad. Sure, the characters were made out of cardboard, the dialogue was cheesy, but while watching several of those earthquake and whatnot scenes I found myself pressing deeper into the back of the chair. I saw this with a friend in cinema, fully knowing in advance that it wouldn't be memorable.

Edited by lightbird

The Last Airbender was, while certainly not the "worst movie ever," definitely one of the most disappointing.

I think it loses extra points because, unlike many, many terrible movies:

1.) It was not intended to be terrible for being terrible's sake, a la Meet the Spartans

2.) It had so much potential, as the source material was fantastic

3.) It actually had good actors who, clearly to me, were suffering from poor direction

4.) The director implied that his "children loved the show" and that HE loved the show, and thus wanted to do it justice. Can you say "failure?"

They just seemed to drop the ball on that one at every. possible. opportunity.

I fell asleep in "The shining". (I've realized I may not be normal for this. >.< )

Hah! I did, too!

but when you aren't that tired the atmosphere in the movie is actually quite good (as in spooky). At least in the parts I was awake tongue.gif

and now the good advice from the horror movie geek:

1.) cliché horror movies with ridiculous plots are fun... but then don't watch the low budget ones. You can take bad quality when there is a nice storyline or at least a little profoundness. You can also take stupid plots when they are nicely shot. But at least I can't bear watching bad actors shot with cheap cameras trying to make an awful script into a movie that's even worse. (Just don't watch Strippers vs. Zombies... dry.gif )

2.) Don't always watch the american remakes of korean horror movies. The oiginals are way better!

3.) do never watch scary movie 3 before watching The Ring! >.<

(everyone hates me now because i couldn't stop loughing while people died...)

Or maybe Barbie and the Magic of Pegasus.

Barbie and the who of the whatnow?

No. No, just no.

Shrek 2, 3 and probably the upcoming one as well.

Hey! Shrek 2 was good! But I agree, 3 was just... ugh.

The fourth one actually isn't all that bad. I have no idea why it's not godawful like the third one, but it's surprisingly good.

Although... to anyone who's seen the fourth... What was that with Puss and Donkey? I mean, what? What? What was that? Where did it come from? Where was it going? Do we want to know?

I'd link to the Nostalgia Critic spluttering in confusion, but I can't find the clip.

2012? I liked that movie. I haven't seen many disaster flicks that end with humanity dying (basically), but 2012 was the most accurate one I've seen. They were dead on with the solar flares and that was what made me like it so much.

I hate hate hate hate hate the movie Where the Wild Things Are. That movie made me cry it was so disturbing. Ugh *shivers*. I do not recommend that movie to anyone. I agree that Eragon was murdered and Golden Compass was taken apart and sown back together in unnatural ways.

Yes, but the science in 2012 was terrible. I mean, there is no way--no way-- that there is enough water in the world to submerge the Himalayas--not without emptying the oceans, and what good are your 'arks' now? Also, what conceivable force could drive that much water that far inland? And what was that about the Earth's core turning into radiation, or whatever that was?

Eragon? There was nothing to murder. Eragon is nothing but Star Wars in a Tolkienesque setting, only Smaug was cooler than Saphira will ever be, and there are no Eagles or Ents, critical losses in my book. (If there was much to lose. Space opera stops being cool when it stops being in space.)

Total agreement on the Golden Compass, though. I actually understood some of the hyper anti-movie sentiment when I saw it. And it could have been so good! The books are amazing.

The movie as a whole was decent, but wtf to the new Dawn Treader? Where did that green mist stuff come from? What was that RPG-quest crap about the swords? What happened to the other islands? Why couldn't they have stuck to the book plot like they did (mostly) in the first two?

Although, I'd sort of seen it coming since they stuck a totally random battle into the middle of Caspian, but still. Wtf?

Edited by Kazeko

Yes, but the science in 2012 was terrible. I mean, there is no way--no way-- that there is enough water in the world to submerge the Himalayas--not without emptying the oceans, and what good are your 'arks' now? Also, what conceivable force could drive that much water that far inland? And what was that about the Earth's core turning into radiation, or whatever that was?

Actualy I read a book that had quite a good theory about where all the water could have come from. Most well-reasoned out flood story I've come across anyway.

Gotta say that Flesh Gordon is a terrible, terrible movie. It's a 1974 Scary Movie-esq take on the Flash Gordon comic series. Even watching it drunk I spent most of the time going wtf?

Actualy I read a book that had quite a good theory about where all the water could have come from. Most well-reasoned out flood story I've come across anyway.

Oh, what explanation? *is extremely curious*

Human Centipede. I regret every moment I spent watching it, and unfortunately for me, it's one of those things that once you see it, it can't be unseen :/

Little Monsters. I've only seen it... a few times, most of them being ages ago, but I had to sit through it again a couple months ago.

But hey, I like to think fate orchestrated it, because this came out about a week later.

Couple's Retreat. i thought any attempts at humor failed and i just didn't like anything about the movie. i think this is the only movie that i actively dislike. with a lot of other movies i've watched i can find something good about it so that i don't feel like i just wasted 1-2 hours of my life, but not with this one >:|

The Last Airbender. By far the most god aweful movie adaptation EVER. I will admit I am a fan and therefore biased. But even a non-biased person can see that it was terrible. Bad script (MNS's fault), Bad acting/casting (MNS's fault), Bad changes to the plot (MNS's fault.) It was a terrible movie and MNS's movie career should suffer for it.

Oh wait it already is.

BA-ZING

percy jackson. the plot made me think that the bad guy was all: "i want you to die in the underworld, so ill just go ahead and give y'all a map to get pearls that will save you from death in the underworld." if you want percy to die, then dont give him a chance to save himself! wink.gif

Tie between WaterWorld and the Percy Jackson movie.

Waterworld just plain censorkip.gif ing sucked.

Percy Jackson. They messed up the plot so badly, that there is no way to make a sequel. Firstly, he finds the underworld instantly while he goes on an epic quest to find the pearls. This is backwards to the book, where the pearls are given to him by a naiad and it takes an epic quest to find the underworld.

Secondly, Grover. Grover is not black. Not racist, but nobody who ever read the book ever, thought Grover was black.

Thirdly, the shield. Why would they take Tysons thunder by giving Percy the shield that Tyson crafted for his brother, it just ruins the point of said shield. If he wanted a cool shield, why not one that shoots lasers or something. It was special, and a watch, because clumsy Tyson, with his huge un-yielding fingers, built such an intricate device, and worked on it throughout the book.

Fourth, It just plain sucked. I am ashamed that this abomination was ever created, and that is how Riordan should feel. The problem with him feeling bad is that he is probably swimming in the money they payed him not to banish them to Tartarus for their blasphemy.

(Rant mode deactivated)

I dare any of you to make a rebuttal to either of the movies for any reason.

Edited by Gyro22

Tie between WaterWorld and the Percy Jackson movie.

Waterworld just plain censorkip.gif ing sucked.

Percy Jackson. They messed up the plot so badly, that there is no way to make a sequel. Firstly, he finds the underworld instantly while he goes on an epic quest to find the pearls. This is backwards to the book, where the pearls are given to him by a naiad and it takes an epic quest to find the underworld.

Secondly, Grover. Grover is not black. Not racist, but nobody who ever read the book ever, thought Grover was black.

Thirdly, the shield. Why would they take Tysons thunder by giving Percy the shield that Tyson crafted for his brother, it just ruins the point of said shield. If he wanted a cool shield, why not one that shoots lasers or something. It was special, and a watch, because clumsy Tyson, with his huge un-yielding fingers, built such an intricate device, and worked on it throughout the book.

Fourth, It just plain sucked. I am ashamed that this abomination was ever created, and that is how Riordan should feel. The problem with him feeling bad is that he is probably swimming in the money they payed him not to banish them to Tartarus for their blasphemy.

(Rant mode deactivated)

I dare any of you to make a rebuttal to either of the movies for any reason.

Waterworld was a good movie. I don't need a reason why. It just was. Not the best movie but nowhere near the worst.

I'm a bit uneducated on PJ. I thought it was good but I didn't read the books so, yeah. Uneducated opinion is uneducated.

Human Centipede. I regret every moment I spent watching it, and unfortunately for me, it's one of those things that once you see it, it can't be unseen :/

Just reading the description for the movie on Wikipedia was enough to give me a head-trip for a good two days... and not the good kind. No way am I going to touch that movie. If I ever have to watch it I suspect I will end up hunting and killing the producer.

Although Ebert's review of it was rather amusing. I think that was a the first movie he had ever refused to assign a score for.

The worst movie I have ever seen, in theaters no less! was Battlefield Earth. Oh yes. It's so bad The Nostalgia Critic did a review of it for his 100th episode

Gone With the Wind. My gosh, that movie was so boring!

And Percy Jackson. Not that I hated it par se, just the fact is was so darn different from the books.

Edited by HawktalonOfRiverClan

Oh, what explanation? *is extremely curious*

Essentialy deep-earth aquifers. The book was Flood by Stephen Baxter if you're interested.

I, also, rather enjoyed Waterworld. And as you haven't given a reason why you felt it sucked I likewise feel no need to give a reason why I enjoyed it.

Edit: spelling fail

Edited by TikindiDragon

I hate it that whenever somebody doesn't like a show or movie and someone in it is blue it is automatically asociated with the smurfs. Not every blue person or people is related to the smurfs.

Yea! Stop discriminating against blue people! tongue.gif

rofl

I'm more the horror movie kind of person. And there's a lot of bad films going aound in this genre. Especially the American ones with the cliché scenario: bunch of teenagers go to a creepy place because it seemed like fun first and then they get slaughterd one by one in a no longer creative way. Urgh!

the last bad one I watched was 'Albino Farm'. I knew the whole plot and the order the teenagers would die after 15 minutes! (still watched the complete film... don't even know why.)