TJ09

04/01/10 - MAYHEM

Good grief guys, why is the fact that getting the new breeds is hard such a shocker to you? They are new breeds that EVERYONE is trying to get! You are not seeing them that often because while your hunting yourself, so are other people, and if you have a slow connection, or heck even a fast one, your still flip flopping through fail screens and such, which means someone else probably just grabbed one while you were gone that brief moment. Eggs go in a blink of an eye.

This happens every time a new breed is released. Eventually, they will be easier to get when the craze for them dies down, so please just be grateful your even SEEING one in the cave right now as well have having one. TJ said they are all commons, and what he says goes. Just watch, in 2 months they seem more like their true common title. So just enjoy the fact that we even have them and lets enjoy the game for what it is rather than grip that you can't get any right now. They aren't gonna disappear so no rush.

This happens every time a new breed is released.

Remember the last release? You could do one thing during the last release that you can't do during this one.

Actually pick up one of the new eggs.

It'd be nice if we could, you know, get one of the new dragons. Wouldn't that be cool?

Good grief guys, why is the fact that getting the new breeds is hard such a shocker to you? They are new breeds that EVERYONE is trying to get! You are not seeing them that often because while your hunting yourself, so are other people, and if you have a slow connection, or heck even a fast one, your still flip flopping through fail screens and such, which means someone else probably just grabbed one while you were gone that brief moment. Eggs go in a blink of an eye.

This happens every time a new breed is released. Eventually, they will be easier to get when the craze for them dies down, so please just be grateful your even SEEING one in the cave right now as well have having one. TJ said they are all commons, and what he says goes. Just watch, in 2 months they seem more like their true common title. So just enjoy the fact that we even have them and lets enjoy the game for what it is rather than grip that you can't get any right now. They aren't gonna disappear so no rush.

I think most people were expecting a repeat of the Mid-Winter Madness, or at least something similar. Since it's not, people automatically assume that the eggs are rare, not realizing that TJ said he tweaked the coding at the users request. The News thread it was in has since been wiped and can't be quoted to show people

I think someone in the past umpteen posts mentioned that the Tweak went to the opposite extreme of the Mid-Winter Madness. I don't know if it was intentional on TJ's part or not, but it's obvious that it's not working very well for most people. I believe someone said, "a happy medium needs to be reached."

Of course, the fact remains that these are common eggs, or at least uncommon, because they can breed successfully with rares. The coding of the drops are just messing with us again. rolleyes.gif

EDIT: Case in point, look at what the poster above me said. Most people were expecting that to happen again. Because it didn't, they assume the eggs are rare. They're not. The coding is messed up again. lol

I'm telling you, we need to rename March and April on DC to Glitch and Lag-ril. rolleyes.gif

Edited by Gyps13

I suppose so. But assuming is usually not a good thing.

None the less, I suppose the fact just needed to be repeated that these ARE common breeds. People WILL get them if they just show some patience. And you could scroll lock yourself with any of these 4 breeds on April 1st, when they were first introduced and they were the only eggs dropping. It's not like we got skimped of that, it was just a one day thing instead of the week long one we got last time (which I might add people still complain about).

Edited by UltimateTH

Indeed it's not. Yet for some reason, humanity in general are experts at doing it, lol rolleyes.gif

And the last release actually ended up being a month long. After a week some were complaining, but most were happy. I think somewhere around 3 days of mass dropping would be good. It gives everyone a chance to catch those first 3 days, then takes about 2-3 days for the AP to clear from the backlog, which equals about a week of release Fever. AFter that, things go back to normal.

Naturally that won't please everyone, and someone isn't going to be happy, and will voice it. But it should satisfy the majority.

Edited by Gyps13

None the less, I suppose the fact just needed to be repeated that these ARE common breeds. People WILL get them if they just show some patience. And you could scroll lock yourself with any of these 4 breeds on April 1st, when they were first introduced and they were the only eggs dropping. It's not like we got skimped of that, it was just a one day thing instead of the week long one we got last time (which I might add people still complain about).

I did scroll lock myself on 4/1. Know what I got? Three freaking nebulas. e_e

Know what else? These aren't commons. I spent the last fifteen minutes hunting for new eggs. I saw nearly every egg that went through the cave. I saw a grand total of five MM eggs. Three fell flame, one speckle, one sunlight. Compare that to the at least ten each of water walker, balloon, and strange markings.

Yeah a 3 day of just new breeds might work. Maybe even a week long so that hopefully a lot of people will get at least one batch of eggs and be happy with that.

I know not everyone will be happy, and frankly I don't really care if they whining to kingdom come. I'm just glad the majority is grateful at least.

I think it should be a three day event too. Perhaps then most people will get the new dragons and become happy.

I agree.

I think most people are, they are just venting a bit at trying to get that 3rd, or 5th egg. Typing in caps at them isn't going to make them want it less.

It's occurred to me the reason this thread has been left open for so long is because TJ is looking for feedback on his tweaks.

So, he's getting feedback. Though, this release has full dimorphism, so people that would be happy with 3 of each are going for 4.

lol funny thing about the dimorphism is that I was expecting it to hit sooner or later. Hence why I've been getting males and females of each adult. And bam whatcha know, I check my scroll on day most of my adult pairs look different! It's such a pretty sight =3 I just hope the ones that didn't change will get their makeup sooner or later *drools at the Magi genders*

Concerning the coding bit though, I haven't seen much of a difference. Least not with my connection speed. I see the new breeds fairly regularly, so I dunno if I'm just lucky or it just all depends on your connection speed and the people with slower ones are missing out just because they can't load the page in time to even see the new breeds fly by.

EDIT @ Kaiser Yoshi: Is having 4 Nebula's a problem? I'm all for preferences but the way I did it was I didn't grab every single new egg I was able to click that day. I waited until an egg I didn't grab yet spawned under my cursor and clicked like mad. I didn't always get it, but after trying on and off every hour, I managed to get 3 different ones (a sunsong eluded me). Although I did notice that Nebula's were oddly numerous during that one day. But who knows how the were randomly generated, or if there was an even amount of them dispersed that day. Now we just gotta coop with TJ's little code testing. It's not gonna change until he gets enough data anyway so just keep trying and you'll get that elusive Hellfire or Sunsong =)

Edited by UltimateTH

I couldn't get even one of the new eggs today. And I tried to breed my Hellfire for people who don't have one yet, and I got no interest. I hope by next week they will be easier to get.

Concerning the coding bit though, I haven't seen much of a difference. Least not with my connection speed. I see the new breeds fairly regularly, so I dunno if I'm just lucky or it just all depends on your connection speed and the people with slower ones are missing out just because they can't load the page in time to even see the new breeds fly by.

Mmm... not exactly. The coding I'm talking about doesn't have anything to do with connection speed or clicking skills, or even how popular the New eggs are. It's the way the system recognized and distributes the eggs.

The way the coding worked (to my understanding anyway) during Mid-Winter Madness, is that the Nocturnes, Electrics and Canopies were determined to be commons. Because of the way the ratios work, the system was trying to get them to balanced out immediately with other commons, including those that have been around for a long time. At one point TJ stated that, using the Original Water as a number reference (and this is where I wish I had the old threads to quote. sad.gif), that there was a massive gap between them and the New Release. Which is only natural, because the Waters have been around for several years, where the ElectroNocturnApies were just released. The system was trying to fix the ratios, which resulted in a solid month of nothing but Electronocturnapies, which were trying to catch up in a short time with eggs that have been around for years. lol Naturally every got upset with that, and spoke out.

So TJ in the last update (the one with Dimorphism) said he tweaked the system so that wouldn't happen, and so the ratios would fix over time. But now what's happening is that it's gone to the opposite extreme, and is only dropping a few in the drops, just like any other egg. I set my timer for autorefreshing on a drop, just to see how many of the new eggs dropped I saw (without clicking). For me, the Nebulas dropped like CB Whites/Vines (which is actually pretty rare), Sunsongs were like CB Reds and Magis, and the BBW and HFires were just slightly less common than Waters and Pygmies.

The coding needs more tweaking, that's for sure. lol

Edited by Gyps13

Okay so then the various shades of green are very common? That's the way I'm reading what you've said, though I am no programmer. LOL! I have to say almost every time I go in the Cave lately, all I see are the green eggs with maybe one or two different colored eggs in there...never more that that. It's very strange! I still don't understand the ratios thing. hehee

TJ's dragons are adults now, I will close it.