Cheshire

Bring back the Blacks

CB ratios and bred ratios are separated from each other so I don't really see the point of this anymore? Plus I'm seeing plenty of blacks in the biomes.

But I suppose I can not breed my blacks for a month. I wasn't planning on breeding them anytime soon anyways.

I am seeing a lot more lacks in the cave recently! In the past few days I have seen around 5. Thanks!

Will not breed my blacks for a month as well, and already pick up most black eggs I see in the AP.

CB ratios and bred ratios are separated from each other so I don't really see the point of this anymore? Plus I'm seeing plenty of blacks in the biomes.

But I suppose I can not breed my blacks for a month. I wasn't planning on breeding them anytime soon anyways.

This isn't actually confirmed.

(I say that as someone who is entirely convinced they are separate (or at most loosely coupled, either way). But we don't have confirmation from that from TJ, so we should be careful about talking about it as if it were a fact.)

However, blacks are dropping much more than they were when this thread was first made. Back then, CB blacks were about as rare as CB spessartines are now. So I don't think this is necessary any more, though I'm not going to discourage anyone from partaking. smile.gifI personally won't, since I still need some alt blacks (and as stated I don't think the ratios are tightly coupled, so I believe it shouldn't affect cave drops), so I'll likely be breeding my blacks sometime in the coming year to get them.

Edited by pinkgothic

It's not confirmed? Oh I thought that tj himself said it.

Well, either way there's still plenty of blacks nowadays in the cave so this thread is kind of a moot point imo.

I actually still have no luck to seeing blacks in cave right now, the most Black CBs I have is about 3-4, and I still pick them up whenever I see them, so even if they are common ATM for other people, I would still like to see some more, plus isn't there a supply and demand thing going on where the more dragons breeded the more rare they get? I think thats how it works ^-^'

I still reflex click CB blacks even now because I DO remember when they were rare, and I've seen quite a few the past few months.

Eh, there's no harm in this, if people have the desire to get CB blacks, power to them. biggrin.gif They're still pretty awesome.... although personally I WANT people to breed as many of them as they can because I have yet to get a gold shimmer from black and want my chances to increase. tongue.gif

What I DO have to wonder though is, why are people randomly reopening years-old threads? Are people deliberately going back 10 pages and opening them? Searching for random things? Because this is pretty much the 6th old thread I've seen randomly reopened lately.

Edited by zaverxi

Blacks were impossible to get when I returned in 2010. I couldn't catch a CB until January of 2013, and only managed 9 bred adults and half a dozen extremely messy hatchling prior to 2013. I now have 31 CBs, so their availability has changed considerably.

They had been blockers at an earlier time, and my inability to catch them was met with scorn and comments about how common they were. It all depends on your perspective.

I always see them in the biomes now when I'm hunting other things. They usually go fairly fast, but I've seen them sit for a full minute of refreshes. I don't think I've ever seen one stay for the full five minutes before the biome shuffles.

Edited by dragongrrl

Blacks were impossible to get when I returned in 2010. I couldn't catch a CB until January of 2013, and only managed 9 bred adults and half a dozen extremely messy hatchling prior to 2013. I now have 31 CBs, so their availability has changed considerably.

I was around for this too. They were about as rare as...well, an actual rare. However, now I see them in the cave frequently. It seems to me they're back to being commons. I have to stop myself from reflex-clicking when I see them now.

@flame249, I'm guessing you'll probably see them when you're looking for something else. Just a shot in the dark there, but that happens to me all the time. Good hunting!

since CB Blacks are back... I guess you could say they're *puts on sunglasses* ...back in black?

...I'll get out.