Cheshire

Bring back the Blacks

I just succesfully bit and abandoned, another one got killed biting. I can't promise I won't breed my nicely lineaged blacks, but I'll bite blacks more often.

Yeah, it was a complete and utter wall earlier. It was the worse I had seen!

A couple of years ago, when there was this huge rush to get Black and Vine alts (you could tell by the egg color then), the AP was almost ALWAYS blocked with a wall of black and dark green. So seeing all the Black eggs in the AP - AGAIN - kinda makes it feel like the 'olden daze'. I use my three Marrows to make Black Stripes, and there for a while would take any Black from the AP who had an interesting lineage. But there are so many people breeding Blacks now that clearing the AP of them just seems totally hopeless.

ETA: Wow. Just. Wow. Spent some time on the AP, snagging Blacks to Bite - I caught and bit four and then, out of curiosity, grabbed two more just to check. ALL of them were from the very same Scroll, with the same last name.

Edited by Ayelldee

Ill join. I only breed my blacks to get the trio eggs. Everytime I bred them, I get trios.

I think the reason we are seeing less cb blacks are due to the fact of all the releases of eggs we have had.

I don't think not breeding will help at all but thats my idea.

I´ll join, I´ll only breed them with my 3 metallics and when I get a black, I bite it with a vamp, but I´ll try not to breed them at all if I can :3

I'll join! Whenever I'm unlocked I go to the AP to vamp some black eggs anyway, so might as well join the group. ^.^

It's very discouraging to see the so many long-lineaged blacks in the AP, especially when I can count on one hand the number of times I've seen a black in the cave, but hopefully it will get better with time! I went on a biting spree about a week ago with only one space open on my scroll- I got a streak of 14 successful bites before I killed one and locked myself. One thing I have noticed, like Ayelldee mentioned, a lot of the eggs have the same ancestors and the parents have the same scroll name/similar names. It's such a shame that someone would mass breed like that.

It's been a month tongue.gif ON TO THE SECOND -puts on cape-

I've seen 3 CB Blacks in the cave today, one in the afternoon and two in the past hour... hopefully this is a sign that their numbers are slowly improving. *crosses fingers*

Has anyone noticed the stats at Silvi's lair? Blacks used to be at the top of the most common list of breeds, and now they're not in the top 15 at all. Maybe their breeding rates have been cut back? It'd make sense after how many were bred to try and get black stripes, but I hope it means more CBs will start to show up...

Goodness, I hope something was done. TJ said nothing was. Heard it's all due to EQ. Mayhaps?

Anyhows, haven't bred anything, and with a new project of mine I've been hoping to bite a few blacks along the way.

saw a CB Black in the cave today, for the first time in my life! 15 minutes ago or so

I promise to avoid breeding blacks and if one is produced from my two metallic pairs, I'll bite it^^

ps I semi recentally got a CB black aswell~

Edited by x-acidic pixie stick-x

I also saw a CB Black today, Congrats to those who got it...

I saw 2 in the cave during my easter egg hunt - but first I was locked and second time to slow.

And I've seen another CB Black just now.

EDIT: And another one.

Edited by Aurora-Silver

I saw a CB Black today, the first in ages biggrin.gif ...... but I didn´t get it. >_<

My mom and brother both caught CB Blacks in the last couple of days.

On the good news front some CB Blacks have been dropping I got one about a week or so ago. Let's keep up the good work of the Hell's Gate project and vamp bite the very long lineaged blacks that drop to the ap for the opportunity to see more CB Blacks drop to the Cave. biggrin.gif

I've actually seen a couple CB Blacks go by in the past 24 hours. That never happens to me. I either got really lucky or they're coming around a bit more? xd.png

I just traded for a CB black today which I found was very lucky xd.png

So I just want to get to my goal of a CB gold with it since my very first CB black has my name as it's code fUSh just last year about this time.... really exactly a year on this day which I been looking for a CB gold for.

So yeah The been seen and I have one so I have proof 8D

On Silvi's Lair it says there aren't any Alt blacks. Now, I know the desire to reduce bred blacks, but I still think there should be alt blacks....are they gone? sad.gif

On Silvi's Lair it says there aren't any Alt blacks. Now, I know the desire to reduce bred blacks, but I still think there should be alt blacks....are they gone? sad.gif

Black, metallics and stripes have not been breeding well for a month or more now. To get alts one must breed and get eggs. When you breed and get messages of "no egg is produced or no interest," then I'm afraid you don't get many alts. or black stripes...or..others.

While some have seen CB black eggs I have not seen one- pity I don't have a CB black male and would like one.

I have been trying for sometime to breed a black alt for someone - but for the last month I haven't gotten a single egg from my black dragons and I DO have a lot of them. Normally when I breed eggs I gift them or try to place them in homes - they are rarely abandoned to clog the abandoned page. Usually I abandon hatchlings and those are usually quickly snagged.