Cheshire

Bring back the Blacks

Today I've seen (and refreshed on it) a cb black eggie... Anyway, it seems to me a long road before seeing them (regularly) in the main cave again. AP is full of them and the new stripe eggie makes everyone breeding black (for myself, I'll breed an ember... every little bit counts).

I'll be biting any black I get that isn't part of my lineage project unless i have a trade I have to do... just to help out a bit.

And I've seen blacks in the cave recently (five or so in the two weeks prior to the new release--I haven't been cave diving but once or twice since). It's less than I've seen trios but more than I've seen metallics personally.

It seems like what was done to help bring back more CB blacks was undone in an instant... :/

I have pb blacks I breed sometimes, but mostly I collect hatchies off the ap and either freeze or grow them, do I have to let the frozies go? I like having them. Also Really When the bio thing comes out I think that'll fix this problem. but I can start releasing my frozens if you guys insist.... sleep.gif

I'm no DC expert on how things work around here, but I don't think that the frozen black dragons on people's scrolls, or even the unfrozen dragon's are the problem. I think it has to do with excessive mass breeding of them, and the unwanted black eggs being tossed...

I do breed for black stripes, but I use my Black Marrow dragons, not blacks. I only have one CB black, and I breed that one for second gen blacks, or magma's. smile.gif I have 2 other long lined, messy lineaged blacks, but they don't ever get bred.

Edited by MedievalMystic

I'm no DC expert on how things work around here, but I don't think that the frozen black dragons on people's scrolls, or even the unfrozen dragon's are the problem.

They cane be a problem because they still count toward the ratios. dragons in the wild don't however. And I don't see how getting biomes will automatically make CB blacks available again. Though I did ask a while back about CB commons not being available to someone in IM and they did say something was in the works but couldn't say what. Either that or I got it confused with biomes...hopefully something might be done about the shortage of CB commons.

As soon as I have the space I plan to "vamp" as many of these long lineaged blacks as possible. True, different players have different needs/wants (some love the long lineaged) but I know that, personally, I don't like to see terribly long-lineaged or possibly also even inbred blacks. At least if I convert them to vamps I know they won't stay around more than one refresh. Yes, it's only a drop in the bucket but it might make me feel better.

I saw my very first Cave Black on April 1st amidst all of those new Nebulas. I was shocked, up to that point I was starting to think they no longer dropped in the cave.

Ooh! I never even thought of vamping those long lineaged blacks. Count me in for vamping them whenever my dragons can!

Considering the wall of black eggs I saw this morning on the ap I'm assuming players aren't using Black Marrows or any of the other viable candidates to produce black stripes since blacks are generally more common on player's scrolls. I did try to vamp yesterday and ended up with a "kill" but I'll keep trying to pull the longer lineaged blacks off of the ap and, I think, if other vamps owners chose to do so and limit their "conversions" to picking up those blacks off the ap it might make a difference. A small one it's true but every little bit helps. The vamps are certainly wanted when they hit the ap and, personally, I've never seen little vampie eggs get stuck there with no one wanting them. I pledge to try and convert blacks only with my vamps and I have over sixty at this point.

I'd like to join. I can't have my vamp bite anything for another 13 days, though. dry.gif Argh

I'll have to get more vamp eggs lol

I don't really bite much anymore, but I do pledge not to use my blacks to attempt to get black stripes (I use my marrows, nebulas and embers).

I promise do do exactly what I'm already doing...not breed 'em. I might catch a few, too.

There's been quite the avalanche of bred blacks since the black stripes were released, which messes with the ratios even more, unfortunately. When my crop of nebula's grows up I'll probably start picking up some of those inbred blacks from the AP and freezing/releasing them. Every little bit helps, right? dry.gif

Well, I gave up my plan of EQing blacks (8 EQs and 2 eggs, ¬¬ ) So I'm biting the blacks. Then I give them to my boyfriend, who wants to create a big vamp army (he's a Castlevania fan, lulz) and don't care about lineages. And I said to him: "Please bite the blacks in the ap!" he: "Sure thing!".

Edited by Neo Metal Sonic

Success. Two long lineaged blacks picked up from the ap and both turned into vamps. One repulsed automatically and the other I abandoned to some lucky soul. smile.gif

During the egg blitz on the 1st...I saw 1 CB black the entire time...wish I had snatched it.

I want to join! I caught one long lineaged black, froze it and realesed to wild but I cant bite eggs beacause my vamp is in cooldown for next 29 days sad.gif

Please add me. I went and bit some blacks off the AP today.

1 died, 1 turned, and the other I have not done yet.

For those interested in "vamping" unwanted longer lineaged blacks to remove more off the ap please check out the thread by Delphine who has restarted the "Hells Gate" project if you'd be interested in participating in it see here for details:

http://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=114526