Cheshire

Bring back the Blacks

Just adopt , freeze and release into the wild, Wild dragons do not contribute to the ratios, so freeze and release gets them out of the gene pool especially the messy ones. Anyone up for mass earthquaking messy lineaged blacks?

I fear that the black stripe has shot the BBB project in the foot. Hopefully that is only temporary because I do believe you all have a positive effect on CB black availability. Keep up the good work.

user posted image

Edited by Sir Barton

I'll join~ I promise not to breed my blacks for a month (don't think I have too many anyway).

I saw in another thread here a claim that breeding a stripe with a Nebula is another way to produce a black striped dragon. If that's true, that's good news - although, of course, that will just make CB Nebulas in shorter supply.

I just wanted to let you know that I think the work you are doing here was helping. Before the new eggs came out, I saw 3 CB blacks in a week. I even managed to catch my first one. Three may not seem like a lot, but before that I hadn't seen one in over 2 months.

Will try this one-month business again, starting from today. Charrge!

lol so much for this, what with the black stripes and all.

/still hasn't bred any of hers

I'll join as well. I never breed the few Blacks I have and usually pick on up for the AP from time to time.

I swear not to breed my Blacks for 3 months

I'm joining because I have yet to see one CB Black.

I've been a DC member since August of last year. I don't believe they exist. xd.png

Edited by athdaraxen

I have enough other things that when I do start trying to breed silvers again, I can avoid using my blacks. And I think black hatchlings are adorable. biggrin.gif So I'll sign up, and grab and freeze AB blacks when I have room on my scroll!

I really want to sign up for this, especially since I collect blacks, but I need to breed my CBs for promised offspring.

When I'm unlocked though, I will gladly snag messy blacks off the AP and either freeze to release or bite them. I miss the CB blacks, so very much. Wish someone would do this for metallics too..I'm seeing more and more inbreds than I ever wanted to.

I brought a present.... and more to come!!! o3o

user posted image

[URL=http://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=85669][IMG=http://i54.tinypic.com/4uuob8.gif][/URL]

user posted image

[URL=http://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=85669][IMG=http://i56.tinypic.com/1zeclcx.png][/URL]

user posted image

[URL=http://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=85669][IMG=http://i52.tinypic.com/2hnnqlz.png][/URL]

Should I make more???

(I can make any size you need. o3o)

Edited by athdaraxen

I was doing this but never signed up

I have always hated the wall of blacks in the AP

I still have CB ones left to catch and haven't seen one in months

but with the new black stripes I don't think this will happen any time soon

I do promise to use marrows to get my black stripes if it helps wink.gif

Those are pretty, Athy. <3

Thank you SF. :3

I wanted to do something to help cause this is a good idea.... I mean Blacks are supposed to be common, but they are so rare now... its silly. tongue.gif

I'll probably start freezing and releasing the blacks I'm catching too-since someone just froze a black hatchie dropped, they're obviously not wanted at the moment so I'll be freezing every black that doesn't turn out ot be an alt smile.gif

Thanks for the great banners, athdaraxen. biggrin.gif

I´m a little depressed right now, because of the Black wall on the AP. sad.gif

Why have people to breed their Stripes with Blacks to get a Black Striped. Wy can´t they just breed them with Marrows, Embers or Nebulas. sad.gif

I promise I´ll never breed my Stripes with Blacks to get a Black Striped. smile.gif

Edited by Idril

Can I be put on the list? I honestly never breed my Blacks (I have enough alts. to satisfy me and I don't really want more.)

I am wishing names could be longer so I could leave nastygrams for people who breed long-lineaged Blacks. Well, at least helpful advice like a female Black non-alt named "Breed your Stripes with your Black Marrows so you don't clog the AP and drive CB Blacks to extinction."

I went on a Vamping spree for a while, Biting every long-lineaged Black I could find on the AP. I wish Bite had a shorter cooldown, so I could do that more... Maybe I should just get more Vampires.

If you're sure eq'd eggs don't take up egg slots, I might have to try that in the future.

Have you guys seen how many blacks are dropping to the AP? It's insane! At this rate, CB blacks will never make it back to the cave unless some drastic changes are done to the ratios.

I don't have any alt, therefore, I breed them from time to time, when I don't have more important things going on and feel like trying, but I keep all the offspring and I don't breed every chance I get (sometimes once every two months, at most).

It bothers me that my future alts will have a horrid lineage, because all my blacks are... meh! Oh well...

It's the black stripe - people are breeding to get them - and dumping any fails....

It's the black stripe - people are breeding to get them - and dumping any fails....

I know. That's why I'm not even attempting to get one. This is going to be very bad for black ratios...

I thought about it and decided to use any dragon BUT blacks... Got me one from - um - a marrow instead. There are several other dragons that work.

I have 4 Marrows, 6 Nebulas and Embers. I rather try with those instead of Blacks. My first (and only so far) Black Striped is from a Red Striped x Red Striped pairing. smile.gif

I have 4 Marrows, 6 Nebulas and Embers. I rather try with those instead of Blacks. My first (and only so far) Black Striped is from a Red Striped x Red Striped pairing. smile.gif

For black stripes the only successes I had were with the Marrows. I tried Ember's (twice) and Nebula (once) all of which failed. But I'll stick with my Marrows if I want any more black stripes because I'm not using my blacks with the stripes only because I'm afraid of adding to the black population on the ap.