Cheshire

Bring back the Blacks

Biting the blacks in the AP sounds like a good idea...but my luck with bites is so lousy lately...it seems every single time I try a bite, I end up with another dead egg on my scroll for two weeks! >:(  Like the one that's there now...  Grrrr....

Mine too. My Vamps kill a lot of eggs lately. sad.gif

Edited by Idril

AP's been pretty flooded with blacks lately >.> I may start biting them

I seem to remember hearing that they still counted as the original species, though... so that might not help. Unless they're killed, that is.

I'll promise for a month. I hardly ever breed them anyway.

I like catching them and biting them...lately, they've been dying, though, so I backed off on that.

AP was just flooded with black eggs with long, nasty lineages, all bred by the same person dry.gif

I picked up three and bit them all. Got one turn, one repulse, and one kill.

Still keeping up with my non breeding of blacks. Neither of mine have offspring at all, actually.

I seem to remember hearing that they still counted as the original species, though... so that might not help. Unless they're killed, that is.

I feel like I've heard this, too, but I don't know if it's true or not. I'm not sure why they would count a vamp as a black, for instance, but I don't know.

Edited by FireAngel73

I promise not to breed the few black's I have for 2 months, I will also be biting AP clogging blacks...when my vamps can bite again.

I know Zombies still count as their original breed, but I don't believe that Vamps do. When you breed sort your scroll, Zombies stick with their original breed, but Vamps have their own breed. But I could be wrong.

Anyway, one of the most fail-proof ways is to hatch, freeze, and release the Blacks. Once they're in the Wilderness, they're excluded from the ratios.

Yeah, but they've got to be frozen, or else the wild adult could breed and add to the problem. A lot of people forget that part and think that just releasing an adult will do it.

I like to flat-out kill them ;p Shorter turn around time and less effort

Sign me up! I'll put off spelunking for alts for a month for this project. The waitlist I'm on means I can't bite/kill things. But once that's over with I'm willing to help out there too. Usually I just have my vamps bite species I know are unwanted anyways.

Just to update, biting blacks and turning them does, in fact, remove them from the black group.

Zombies at least count as their original breed for a while. I'm not sure if they eventually erase from the ratios or not, but they do count as their original breed, unlike vampires, which switch to being vampires. :3

So I will continue to bite long lineaged blacks (and whites, since there aren't enough CB whites any more) =)

Edited by FireAngel73

I will NOT breed another black ever until CB blacks appear (or unless this idea will be rejected in the future which I hope not).

I should have signed up here months ago!

I do breed a few, but only the ones in lineage projects who have eager waiting homes. Right now I'm trying to find other mates for my metals and then I probably won't be breeding them at all.

When I can, I've started clearning the AP of the nasty ones, I EQed a handful last week, bit 5 (all turned!) hatched and froze 3. This week I'll pick up another pebble and I kept one of the new vampires, so I'll have more resources for the next time I'm eggless and someone is mass-breeding fugly blacks!

And yesterday I saw (and missed) a CB black, the first I'd seen in a long time.

Yeah, I believe I will join in this effort. I will freeze them then release them to the wilderness. smile.gif Or use some for neglected exp..smile.gif

I don't have adults so I don't breed them xd.png but I catch those long messy lineaged hatches in the AP and freeze them. have 7 at the moment. I hope it helps! I've never seen a Black in the cave yet...

While I haven't bred any Blacks, and would love to have a CB (or two, or three, or ...) I have been very Frustrated with what I see in the AP, and normally abandon any egg after getting a glimpse at a massive, inbred lineage. I am now getting a few Vamps, and a few bites on a regular basis seem like a good solution to all these badly bred Blacks that clog the AP at times.

With so many ways to create really beautiful lineages, why do people mass breed and dump so many with the massive, unusable lineages? Is there a deliberate plan to do this?

I have two, but neither is really suitable for any breeding I would want to do. My first is a 13 gen male, and the second, a 5th gen female.

I barily breed my blacks as is. Theres like only two I think I have that are any good and I don't that the CB silvers to kee;p them going. I've only got three CB and I don't breed them very much. The only time I did was in hopes of getting a alt and instead I just froze the normal hatchie ^^

WB

I don;t remember if i joined in this (it does say I've posted in here though) but I just bit 5 blacks: 3 kept, 1 repulsed, and 1 dead.

With so many ways to create really beautiful lineages, why do people mass breed and dump so many with the massive, unusable lineages? Is there a deliberate plan to do this?

Yeah, they breed their also long lineaged, inbred Metallics with them in hope to get more long lineaged, messy and inbred Metallics. Everything else. (i.e. Blacks) gets dropped at the AP. mad.gif

I bit and earthquaked a lot of those Black eggs lately. I also let them (deliberately) die of sickness..... Anything that helps to get rid of them. I doubt the people who bred them care what happens to them......

btw, I still hardly breed my Blacks, only with my two short lineaged (3rd and 4th gen) Silvers. And the Black mates are all 2nd gen. smile.gif

Edited by Idril

[/b]

Yeah, they breed their also long lineaged, inbred Metallics with them in hope to get more long lineaged, messy and inbred Metallics. Everything else. (i.e. Blacks) gets dropped at the AP. mad.gif

I bit and earthquaked a lot of those Black eggs lately. I also let them (deliberately) die of sickness..... Anything that helps to get rid of them. I doubt the people who bred them care what happens to them......

btw, I still hardly breed my Blacks, only with my two short lineaged (3rd and 4th gen) Silvers. And the Black mates are all 2nd gen. smile.gif

Although long lineaged blacks may not be my cup of tea (I try to have nothing above third gen) everyone is free to play the game the way they would like it. There are no rules about short/long lineages or even inbreeding. Also, there are quite a few players who don't frequent the forum to even be aware of the lack of CB Blacks dropping in the Cave. I think those who do read the forum will respond, hopefully, adjust the breeding plans just a mite and we'll see a return of a the CB Blacks to the Cave on, we would hope, a more regular basis.

I promise not to breed the army of huge-lineaged and/or inbred Blacks I've been hoarding from the AP. wink.gif

I solemnly swear that i am up to no good to not breed my blacks for a month, two infact

ninja.gif

Edited by inusui

ohmy.gif I'm sorry. I promised to do this, but I could not resist the urge to try and breed a black striped egg. Failed.

4hm1 was the result. Will at least try to even this out by adopting and biting blacks to make up the difference.