Cheshire

Bring back the Blacks

Forgive me if this is a bit OT, but I am wondering if there are still chances to get an alternate alt-black hatchling or if they are no longer available. I'm breeding my blacks (with scarse success) and collecting eggs in the AP because I'm hoping to get one of this type 2 hatchilngs, but I'll stop breeding my blacks if there are no chances to get one.

i promise not to breed my blacks ^ ^ (even though i haven't for months now)

@lincoln6echo- i think that there is still probably a chance of getting one, eventually- but please correct me if i'm wrong (does not know much about getting alts)

Forgive me if this is a bit OT, but I am wondering if there are still chances to get an alternate alt-black hatchling or if they are no longer available. I'm breeding my blacks (with scarce success) and collecting eggs in the AP because I'm hoping to get one of this type 2 hatchlings, but I'll stop breeding my blacks if there are no chances to get one.

There is a chance still, yes - and I want a sitting one... Tough, isn't it.... Do I want that (which is almost impossible just now as they all seem to be curled !) or a CB more...

I haven't seen a CB black in months, and I've been actively looking.

I've never seen a cb black in the main cave, not once since day one.

I'm a little confused about how well this can work - I thought they've said that the ratios are supposed to "forget" older breeds, that'd include blacks, right? So if the ratios don't regulate them the same way, how do we know if breeding or not breeding them will make an impact on how many show up in the cave? Of course, I'm not 100% clear how the ratios work in general, so I'm not sure.

That, and... I saw a while ago one of the click sites had some stats about which eggs and hatchling types were most numerous on the site. I think it was around christmas, so the most common was the holiday eggs.. and 2nd or 3rd was blacks. It's amazing since I never see any in either cave or AP, but... that site seemed like it'd suggest they're still one of the most common somehow. I guess there are a LOT of people who don't read forums and therefore don't know about the project or keep breeding, so... although I hope this would make a dent, I'm not sure how it's possible. huh.gif

They are all over the AP - but usually with HUGE lineages... I picked up (and re-dropped !) four yesterday. Bad of me - but I NEED a low gen one to breed something for someone I owe to !

I'm so desperately looking for CB blacks, wonder if they'd ever come back dry.gif

I freeze black hatchies that I pick from the AP, hope this will help

Always find a few normal black hatchlings on the AP and usually just freeze them.

Though I am not sure how this will bring back more CB blacks because if the ratios of total eggs that are in the cave has a low ratio of blacks then catching them off the AP won't do anything.

They are all over the AP - but usually with HUGE lineages... I picked up (and re-dropped !) four yesterday. Bad of me - but I NEED a low gen one to breed something for someone I owe to !

Me too. I've picked up any number of them off the ap only to find that they have huge lineages and, as I'm looking for more short gens, (as the CB Blacks are almost impossible to find) it's pretty stress filled finding out one after another won't be of use for me in my breeding program. The only ones I can use are my own CB's and 2nd Gens at this point. I don't even know when the last CB Black has been spotted in the Cave.

I pledge not to breed my blacks. Usually I don't do that anyway, so it should be easy enough.

I bite any with long linages I find, if I have a vampire that can bite, so I'll try my best to focus it more on blacks as well.

I don't even know when the last CB Black has been spotted in the Cave.

I saw one a couple hours ago, actually.

I've bred one of my blacks, once. I shall continue to breed them so very rarely. <^_^> Especially since only one of them is not inbred. xd.png

So count me in. I shall make that promise to help. My blacks are officially banned from breeding for a month.

Edited by AlternateMew

Always find a few normal black hatchlings on the AP and usually just freeze them.

Though I am not sure how this will bring back more CB blacks because if the ratios of total eggs that are in the cave has a low ratio of blacks then catching them off the AP won't do anything.

There is no separation of bred or CB eggs. People are taking up all the "slots" of possible black eggs by breeding them, thus few CB blacks. Limiting the amount of bred blacks will increase the CB population. When this project first started it did have an impact. people were seeing CB blacks in the cave again. After the month or two months were up, they started disappearing again. It worked though.

Just in comparison, when the cave was down because of the new installment plus the valentines breeding, people saw and bred many trios and metallics afterward. It was because they couldn't breed or were too busy with the valentines event. If a few days of not breeding at all was able to do that, imagine if people didn't breed blacks for a week, or even a month.

I've attempted to breed one black and it didn't produce. That was the only black I have bred since signing up and I will continue to not breed them any more for a year.

Blacks with short lineages are becoming impossible to find in the AP these days. I have a CB Black from the old days and another black (random lineage, I think it's 3rd or 4th gen) but I never breed that one. I want to bring back the old days, even though that won't be happening.

I will stop breeding my blacks for a month.

I just snagged my very first CB black about a couple weeks ago. I've bred it twice, both times to a magma, and got magma eggs both times! smile.gif I intend to breed this dragon to his CB magma mate in the future, in the hopes of getting 2nd gen blacks for those that are looking for very short lineages. I have two other blacks, both very long lined, but I never breed them. I'm hoping to find more CB blacks in the future...I've been after them for almost a year, and only snagged the one so far! ha ha

Saw 4(!) cb blacks in the cave today... Thus, I think I'm going to continue breeding all of my blacks, since the cave is doing fine itself. Also, I'd say that my bred blacks are better than cb's, as it's easier to use perfect 3rd-4th-5th gen in a lineage, than begin from the beginning.

Lucky you, I havent seen a CB Black in ages. sad.gif

But I started to catch some of those long-lineaged Blacks from the AP and I let my Vamps have a biting frenzy. Today I bit 7 Black eggs: 3 were turned, 4 killed. unsure.gif

I think biting is a good way to get rid of those unwanted eggs. smile.gif

I still hardly breed my Blacks, only two with my low gen Silvers.

I caught two CB blacks in the same day like a couple weeks ago. And now I've only been seeing about one a day. And missing. Baw.

I'm in. I don't breed my blacks anyways, because of their horrible lineages. Maybe I'll start bitting black eggs... sounds like a good plan.

Biting the blacks in the AP sounds like a good idea...but my luck with bites is so lousy lately...it seems every single time I try a bite, I end up with another dead egg on my scroll for two weeks! >:( Like the one that's there now... Grrrr....

I'll only breed my silvers mate and my CB.

There's always EQing eggs, that doesn't lock you. But then you wouldn't want to have any other eggs you actually want to keep.