Cheshire

Bring back the Blacks

Two of my blacks are CB and most of the others are bred from my own scroll.

You used to not be able to get rid of the things fast enough! Vines, too.

I'm also surprised at the low number of whites and pinks. All these new dragons pushed them out, I guess.

I don't even see many in the AP, though. o.O Are they really that rare?

Do you mean CB Blacks dropping in the Cave? Yes, they are incredibly rare now and, as such, can command high trade value if you happen to be lucky enough to catch one. I haven't seen one in a long while during my hunts. The problem I believe is threefold 1) the amount of blacks currently on scrolls that the system takes into account 2) the number of times that blacks are bred (long lineaged or not) and drop to the ap and 3) the number, as noted, of new breeds that are making it harder to find any chance of seeing them drop when they do drop. Number three should be helped by each dragon having their own "environment" or home in TJ's future plans but, if they are produced randomly and in large numbers for the ap I think they will continue to be quite rare and hard to find.

Do you mean CB Blacks dropping in the Cave? Yes, they are incredibly rare now and, as such, can command high trade value if you happen to be lucky enough to catch one. I haven't seen one in a long while during my hunts. The problem I believe is threefold 1) the amount of blacks currently on scrolls that the system takes into account 2) the number of times that blacks are bred (long lineaged or not) and drop to the ap and 3) the number, as noted, of new breeds that are making it harder to find any chance of seeing them drop when they do drop. Number three should be helped by each dragon having their own "environment" or home in TJ's future plans but, if they are produced randomly and in large numbers for the ap I think they will continue to be quite rare and hard to find.

Huh

Well, I don't really care about CB and whatnot, so I'm sorry to say I won't be much help since I breed my blacks pretty willy nilly.

blacks flooding the AP? not seen that in months. they are quite rare there, too.

well, I can promise to eliminate (freeze, release) higher gen or inbred blacks.

but no breeding? got a CB male mated to my marrow, and 2 4th gen with gold lineage as mate for my gold-these I can't keep off reproducing.

Low gen, non inbred, nice lineaged blacks are also quite rare and good trading offers.

I always try to pick up and freeze/chomp black eggs, and I VERY rarely breed my blacks, I'll only breed them if someone asks for an alt.

well yes the one you have is a black. But it has a long lineage. A lot of people like this egg without the lineage to start a new lineage or breed it with an other rare egg.

SO

basically, i would have to breed this to get another black, then kill off the parents.

to get a clean lineage, that is.

*still trying to compleatly understand this thread* *bonks own head*

Edited by mindz_eye2

I pledge to not breed any blacks for the month of January. I might sign up for a second month, too.

Edited by Sunrise

I wont be breeding blacks either. though in the past few days since i picked up my egg (with an unfortunatly long lineage), i saw another egg, and a hatchling also on the abandoned page.

Wow, so this is why blacks are so rare in the AP and get snatched up.

Wish something similar would happen to the green and grey eggs since there's hardly ever anything but a flood of those on there.

I just saw a CB Black in the Cave. Oddly enough, it was in the middle spot.

Was locked and didn't get it though. :c

I'll do this, I have 2 alt blacks and 2 normal.

the bit that's gonna be hard is that one of my alts I use to breed with a silver.

Sign me up, maybe. I want CB blacks back in amounts reasonable for a common, but don't want to deprive someone of their only black. Maybe some new player would rather have a some inbred raggedy ancestry black than no black at all? I think CB blacks for all would be better, of course, but do we have evidence yet that biting "less desirable" black AP eggs is helping with the CBs? I haven't seen a CB black in months, and I've been actively looking.

Freezing black hatchies and releasing them to the wilderness has the same effect as biting, BTW, since wild dragons don't affect the ratios, according to TJ.

Would killing adult blacks help get more CBs? I have a bunch of inbreds that I "rescued" back when non-alt hatchies clogged the AP, but I've grown more hard-hearted since then. wink.gif If sacrificing those adults would help bring back CB blacks, I'm willing.

Or TJ could just make the CB ratio independent of what's on scrolls, or something. :/

TJ, we would like CB blacks back please.

Edited by CatOfEvilGenius

I'm willing to help! I like biting lots of eggs smile.gif and Freezing smile.gif

EDIT: Sign me up!!!

Edited by .Big.Pimpin.

I was shocked when i caught a CB black the otherday. They seem to be on the comeback biggrin.gif my CB pair are the only ones i breed now in hopes of replacing my long lined alts

Edited by whitedragon313711

Count me in, I want the CB Blacks back!

I won't breed mine and I'll help collecting eggs on the AP – which I'm doing already anyway.

I'm sorry in case I'm missing something important, but I cannot remember the last time I've seen a black egg at all. There was a time the AP was full of them, but it's been months since then. They all but disappeared. I have two (well, actually it's three, but one of the ladies refused the guy) Black dragons on the scroll, but they just won't give me an egg. What happened to Black dragons?

I'm sorry in case I'm missing something important, but I cannot remember the last time I've seen a black egg at all. There was a time the AP was full of them, but it's been months since then. They all but disappeared. I have two (well, actually it's three, but one of the ladies refused the guy) Black dragons on the scroll, but they just won't give me an egg. What happened to Black dragons?

There were several in the AP yesterday (I was stalking for something else and now I kind of regret not picking one up....)

Dodgy lineage, probably, but still.

do we report sightings? about 2 days ago there was ablack in the left spot but my scroll was blocked....

i wont breed any blacks as i dont have any to breed! xd.png still if i do i will keep my promise and i will not breed him/her

I won't breed my black for 2 months accept for biting and zombies. (If the zombie attempt fails, I'll just freeze them.

Sign me up, I will go three months without breeding my blacks. Most of them I have stopped breeding perminantly aside from my CB black male Shahera (girly name I know :/) He is the mate for my silver Tarja Nersus however now I will breed her to someone else, perhaps a Skywing male biggrin.gif in order to restor the CB blacks which I am dieing for.

Won't breed, I don't have any blacks and I haven't bred ANYTHING yet. Too new I guess.