Cheshire

Bring back the Blacks

Technically, wouldn't killing any blacks caught increase chances of them appearing in the main cave?

Technically, wouldn't killing any blacks caught increase chances of them appearing in the main cave?

I thought we were supposed to freeze them, not kill them.

Don't forget I'm here :3

I haven't forgotten! But I keeps me eyes open too biggrin.gif

As for the couple posts above mine...I was thinking about that as well...

i wish if people were going to breed their Blacks at least do responsible breeding none of these horrible, long, and mixed inbred lineages. i would love to see CB Blacks in the cave!

I kind of wish CB blacks were more common, although I know that the only way that would happen would be if people would stop trying to breed blacks, which is unlikely to happen.

I just had a thought--

TJ has confirmed (in the Suggestions forum) that Wilderness dragons do NOT count towards the ratios. Therefore, any dragon that is released essentially becomes invisible to the site and is replaced.

So a fairly effective way to improve Black ratios might be to RELEASE any long-lineaged/unwanted Black dragons, frozen unalt armies, etc, so that the Cave will replace them.

Quoted for ignored relevance~

I kind of wish CB blacks were more common, although I know that the only way that would happen would be if people would stop trying to breed blacks, which is unlikely to happen.

Well, maybe if Alts were restricted to a certain time of year then people would be going for other breeds. Remeber when blacks over flowed the cave? That was before Alts.

I still have yet to see any blacks in the cave. I decided I will keep the pledge not to breed my blacks and continue to hunt for 2 more cbs for my scroll

Whats a CB black?

Made me giggle..

I have never seen a CB Black (or Gold) since joining.

I still don't even have a black - I've never seen a CB one and all the AP ones are grabbed long before I can react.

I haven't seen a CB black since I caught my only one about a month ago. X__x My metals are giving me more per week than my blacks.

I'll join, but I do breed all of my blacks with my metallics trying to get either one of the two as gifts for friends. I'll try not to breed my terribly lineaged blacks, though. smile.gif

Count me in!

I have 13 Black dragons on my scroll and none of them are CB. D:

I can't build my Black dragon army without one cave-born!

Edited by rainpeltstar

laugh.gif Ya, what's a CB Black? tongue.gif

I've never seen that... hyper rare.

So please count me in: I promise not to breed my only black pair for this month. wink.gif

I haven't bred my black pair in forever and vow not to. I'd like a couple cb blacks but that is like wishing for a cb gold. NEVER GONNA HAPPEN.

I pledge to not breed my pair for a whole month, starting today! Sign me up!

I pledge not to breed my Blacks until such time as I post here stating otherwise.

I'm terrible at keeping track of things, so my Blacks are going on an indefinite breeding hiatus.

I pledge not to breed my blacks for a month(and most likely longer)!

i got an alt the first time i bred one, so i have no use in breeding

I promise not to breed my blacks for TWO months! OH.

Yeah.

cool.gif

I don't even want to breed my blacks, they're so high-gen. :D except my alt.

Anyway, I saw one caveborn yesterday in the front page but unfortunately i was unlocked ;----;

I bred a beautiful even gen black just now <3 So happy that my metal pair finally gave me something xd.png

I'm extremely lucky in that I was able to pick up eight cb blacks (traded three more) that makes for four breeding pairs. However, as they will not breed anyway my proposed project involving them as been unable to get off the ground. I picked them all up during a time when they were dropping back some months ago. I've only seen two since then (both missed of course). I still see long-lineaged mostly (not all) inbred black eggs and/or hatchies still dropping to the ap though, thankfully, not in the numbers that helped to surpress the dropping of any cb blacks in the cave. I do also have some purebred 2nd gen blacks (four). I'm particularly picky with my black lines with the exception of my alts as most of them are achieved through blackxsilverr or blackxgold breeings and they tend to a a bit longer lineaged then I'd like. But with Golds and Silvers there is that forgiveness factor us they are that rare and as long as they aren't inbred I'm pretty much okay with that. I'd love to see more cb blacks drop in the cave but it seems that the numbers out there keep the drops down trying to even out the rations.

Edited by Misha