Cheshire

Bring back the Blacks

Ok, this is a bit off topic, but I was just wondering....

There is also a frill version of this thread. Maybe the two can be combined and it can be an overall view of what's going on with the ratios. What needs to be bred and what doesn't. For example, we're seeing so few CB blacks and frills, so these breeds go on the "do not breed" list and the person signs up how long they will not breed these dragons. Also these dragons will be part of the "freeze and release" program which entails people grabbing eggs and hatchlings off the AP that are long lineaged or inbred (or both!) and freezing and releasing them.

Another list could include the breeds that need help through breeding. I've see so many water walkers and whiptails lately, so they could be on the list.

By making one thread this helps keep the "Site Discussion" clean, and just lists all things to be done. But I'm not making a new thread myself this close to finals xd.png

I second this idea. One thread to help keep track of all the ratio needs would be better then multiple threads.

Can anyone give me the code for the small banner from the first post? Tried and failed to get it in my signature. You can just PM me. Thanks.

Husker

I promise I won't breed my Blacks.

I third that idea.

Edited by natureluvr

We need more people to join in on this. I was looking at the abandoned page and there were at least 12 black eggs in the five lines of eggs.

I fourth this awesome idea.

Also, I don't know when my month is up, but can I sign up for another month? If you see an increasing number of blacks on my scroll, it's because I've taken black eggs off the AP. None of them are bred, just taken. wink.gif

I'll join! My female's inbred and long-lined, anyway, so I rarely breed her. =P

~Feathers

Just saw a CB black in the cave! Of course I missed it...

I saw one and caught it yesterday.

Of course, it got gifted immediately, but still... tongue.gif

Also saw 2 CB Blacks two days ago, but didn´t get them. rolleyes.gif

Well, seeing as the Frills are being snatched up like hotcakes due to the possible reitrement, I gues they won't need a thread right now, at least.

I've been so busy I haven't updated this in AGES. I'll add new members to the list.

Glad to read that someone saw a black in the cave - I have not seen any cbs for a week now sad.gif

Yes Yes Yes!!! i have always admired the Black Dragons but have never gotten to hatch one maybe i can help them stay though! i would love to join! laugh.gif

As of today,I promise i will not bred my blacks for i entire month(BTW,I HAVE seen more C/B blacks in cave recently!!??)Hurrah for bringing back the blacks!!

Rockin' On

I'd love to join! :D

I, akawarriorslover, hereby pledge that I will not breed my Black Dragons for a month.

x3

I will also join,I promise not to breed my blacks for a month and longer as needed

From this day forth until the end of October/6 months, I solemly swear not to breed anymore black dragons and to help remove blacks from the AP by adopting and raising them. ~ x_vio_x

I took a lot of lineagued blacks out of the gene pool since Friday, for example as long as my scroll was not locked I haunted the AP for hatchies. When I got a black hatchie, I froze and released it*.

Overall result 15 dragons who will never breed to create more blacks. Although I am most proud of those who do not count when it comes to the ratios biggrin.gif Need more vampires and pebbles ...

* That way I still got all my 10 Freezes

Also I saw on Dragonnery while clicking two CB blacks

I forgot that my month wasn't up yet, so I bred my female CB black... T.T Luckily, though, I got the mate's egg, a magma, so I'm hoping it all evens out...

*puts a sticky note on the computer to NOT breed blacks until May 27th!!*

~Feathers

Sounds like a good idea to me. I only have two blacks, but I promise not to breed them for at least a month. I want a chance at a caveborn!