Gsea

Warrior Cats Books!

what is your opinion on the warrior cats series?  

394 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

It would've been more generic though. It actually surprised me that there was something unexpected, but I preferred Hollyleaf over Lionblaze. Also, of course it's the girl that isn't part of it, even if she's replaced with another girl. The entire series has this thing about boys being heroes and girls dying >_>

Okay, yeah, Bramblestar's Storm spoiler(s), just wanna get other opinions on these (Go'head and highlight the white for those who've read the book already). ^.^ Really, Bramblestar?! You end up crushing on a /kittypet/ (Jessy)?! Then Dovewing breaks up with Bumblestripe, I honestly loved the dude, she better not crawl back to Tigerheart....But at least Sandstorm finally retired, and Tallpoppy and Blackstar died (No more immortality, yay!) (so let's kill Onestar and Millie (Just 'cause, she's even on Bramblestar's nerves)next! >:3). Harespring as Ashfoot's replacement..It disappointed me, really, he never shows up much in the series till now. But yeah, the book's pretty interesting, it's worth reading.

Since it's interesting, I might try and find it at the library. But more kittypet crushes? Really? Ugh, it's been done to the death already, it doesn't need a second grave. And Sandstorm's going to get the grouchiest elder award, good job.

OMG I had no idea Bramblestar's Storm was out! I HAVE to read it (even though new the books suck besides Tallstar's Revenge)

As far as BS: I thought Bramble was back with Squirrelflight, why is he crushing on a kittypet??!?!?!

OMG I had no idea Bramblestar's Storm was out! I HAVE to read it (even though new the books suck besides Tallstar's Revenge)

As far as BS: I thought Bramble was back with Squirrelflight, why is he crushing on a kittypet??!?!?!

Oh no, more of that forbidden romance junk? I had to stop reading Thunder Rising when Turle Tail died, now I can't read this either. Why are the books so bad now. Why. It was decent, then got good, then started sucking until Tallstar's Rebenge was freaking amazing and then it went back to terrible. These books are so bad now, yet is still read them. ;_;

I'm 30 and obsessed with cats, so I LOVE these books. I've read the 24 books in the four series. I enjoyed them all however the first and second series were my personal favs.

I'm going to pick up the first book in Dawn of the Clans next time I'm at the store. I plan on reading everything Warriors related that comes out. wub.gif

I'm in such a warriors mood today, yet have only Super Editions in which to drown my sorrow...but I can't even read THEM all day because SCHOOL. *cries*

I really liked the books when I was a kid, especially the first two series. I stopped reading them once I got into Omen of the Stars. The plot was a little dark and it just didn't appeal to me. Despite that, they still have a place in my heart biggrin.gif

I still adore all of the warrior cats series. The first one will always be the best, however. Personally a darker plot seems to make a book more interesting for me, but I haven't read any of them for a while. I didn't even finish Omen of the Stars! D:

Welp. I definitely didn't like anything too dark when I was at that age, but I can appreciate such now. I guess I'm just a little biased about it because it was a little different from the other series and it frustrated me (not getting into details because of spoilers).

I love Warrior Cats! But I don't think I've read the latest books yet...

Still, though, I remember spending a whole day coming up with my own Clans and characters, because I was going to write some fanfiction eventually. Half a year later, nothing... But I guess a little over 100 character concepts in a day was still productive.

My favorite OC was a she-cat named Fallenfeather. happy.gif

That thing with the OCs sounds awesome! I have like a BILLION warrior OCs because I have a rather extensive personal RP...so much fun, with only me and my cousin. (:

That thing with the OCs sounds awesome! I have like a BILLION warrior OCs because I have a rather extensive personal RP...so much fun, with only me and my cousin. (:

It's kind of addicting. Even now, I'm struggling not to add to my list! I also like to RP Warriors, but coming up with warrior names is one of my favorite things about character creation.

It's kind of addicting. Even now, I'm struggling not to add to my list! I also like to RP Warriors, but coming up with warrior names is one of my favorite things about character creation.

I know!

Names are hard for me. I have some really lame, generic names. X/

But I do have cool ones like Blizzardfrost (oh goodness that was scary..I kept thinking it was "Blizzardfang"....GREAT STARCLAN THIS IS SUPPOSED TO BE MY KIT), Aurorabeam, Vanillawish, Nightfrost, Rainberry, and some others.

But I have an Ivytail, so that nullifies any awesome names I have. tongue.gif

It's great, I put waaaay too much time into the complexity of my RP. All the personalities, relationships, backstories....so addicting.

I know!

Names are hard for me. I have some really lame, generic names. X/

But I do have cool ones like Blizzardfrost (oh goodness that was scary..I kept thinking it was "Blizzardfang"....GREAT STARCLAN THIS IS SUPPOSED TO BE MY KIT), Aurorabeam, Vanillawish, Nightfrost, Rainberry, and some others.

But I have an Ivytail, so that nullifies any awesome names I have. tongue.gif

It's great, I put waaaay too much time into the complexity of my RP. All the personalities, relationships, backstories....so addicting.

You and me both! I have a few favorite names, as well:

Copperpool, Fallenfeather, Cloudfoot, Nightstorm, Swiftwind, Pebbleskip, Smokestream, Petaldrift, Silverfrost...

Wow, just looking at my list, there's quite a few good names here! I think I should get to brainstorming for that fan fiction now... xd.png

Some of my favorite rp characters of mine...

Gemcave, Irisfrost, Shellshore, Steamcloud, Flaringflame, Ysoltstar, Swampgator, and Risekit.

....So please don't steal those names now that I just stated them. xd.png

And I still can't get over the fact that Bramblestar had a crush on a kittypet, how it angers me....Too many of those kind of things in the series.

Those are some seriously awesome names! ohmy.gif

I need to RP more...I know I do it every single day, but still...

-Bramblestar's Storm Spoilage Below-

I know! I read some stuff about the book, and Bramble had a huge crush on a kittypet names Jessy but she ended up leaving and he got back together with Squirrel. I hate Squirrelflight, but I love. that. couple. NO IDEA WHY. I JUST DO, KAY. My brain hates it, but my guts are like yaaaaay!

Haha, now that I know about the kittypet romance thing, I'm not going to read Brambleatar's Storm. I put down Thunder's Rising when Turtletail died, I refuse to read this one. Warriors has too many stupid romantic dramas that don't work out right and are, quite frankly, stupid.

I have two I particularly like, Applefall and Sandkit. I don't have too many warriors Roleplays (I did, but forgot all the characters since it's been so long), so the only ones I have being actively used are Mistystar, Birchpelt, Petalstorm and Thistlepaw.

Haha, now that I know about the kittypet romance thing, I'm not going to read Brambleatar's Storm. I put down Thunder's Rising when Turtletail died, I refuse to read this one. Warriors has too many stupid romantic dramas that don't work out right and are, quite frankly, stupid.

I have two I particularly like, Applefall and Sandkit. I don't have too many warriors Roleplays (I did, but forgot all the characters since it's been so long), so the only ones I have being actively used are Mistystar, Birchpelt, Petalstorm and Thistlepaw.

Probably a wise decision. I miss the days when Warriors was about cats fighting for survival, not ghosts running around and magical sparkly cats popping up in every other book, half of them getting pregnant/impregnating (by) someone that they shouldn't. Seriously, this is supposed to be a children's book. And yet the main message is "cat A and cat B had a pleasant evening. HERE BE THE CONSEQUENCES!!! THE ONLY WAY YOU CAN EVER MATTER IN LIFE IS IF YOU HAVE ABSOLUTELY NO PERSONALITY, ARE COMPLETELY ONE-DIMENSIONAL, HAVE MAGICAL POWERS, AND HAVE LOTS OF BABIES WITH PEOPLE YOU SHOULDN'T!!!! OR YOUR PARENTS DIE!"

Because literally every cat that is an important part of the plot now has some of ^that^

Probably a wise decision. I miss the days when Warriors was about cats fighting for survival, not ghosts running around and magical sparkly cats popping up in every other book, half of them getting pregnant/impregnating (by) someone that they shouldn't. Seriously, this is supposed to be a children's book. And yet the main message is "cat A and cat B had a pleasant evening. HERE BE THE CONSEQUENCES!!! THE ONLY WAY YOU CAN EVER MATTER IN LIFE IS IF YOU HAVE ABSOLUTELY NO PERSONALITY, ARE COMPLETELY ONE-DIMENSIONAL, HAVE MAGICAL POWERS, AND HAVE LOTS OF BABIES WITH PEOPLE YOU SHOULDN'T!!!! OR YOUR PARENTS DIE!"

Because literally every cat that is an important part of the plot now has some of ^that^

Is that really how bad it's gotten? Jeeze, makes me a bit relieved that I haven't been playing catch-up with the series lately. I'm drawn to Warrior Cats for blood and violence, not...

Whatever that's supposed to be.

Well, Warriors never really put an emphasis on character, though. It was a briskly paced action series with a nice amount of suspense and bloodshed. The plot was generic then, but with more complex plot came stupider writing. I can't necessarily call it "the good 'ole days", since I really liked series two and three (despite not even remembering what the plot of three is) since they were mindless entertainment, but the latest books have made me slam them down/chuck them across the room.

Although, I do quite like the concept of Cinderheart. And I adore Mapleshade. Ivypool can be annoying, but she has some complexity to her character which I like, much like Hollyleaf.

Yeah. I mean, I really liked the first and second series. Those were my faves because most of the books were about survival and stuff, the third series was okay but that's when it kind of started to lose some appeal. I mean, Jayfeather's power is pretty cool (hey, JAYFEATHER is just pretty awesome anyways <3), but...Lionblaze?! Come on.

And Omen of the Stars was just..............ugh.

And Elsinne, it's about that bad. Every cat realy involved much in the plot is either a dead cat, has some kind of romantic issue at some point, or has some kind of fancy power. And to be in a Super Edition, you have to either have some kind of tragic love or at least one of your parents has to die.

But Hollyleaf isn't my favorite cat, but I can say she at least has personality. She seems to have a lot of internal conflicts and character development. And for you who have read Hollyleaf's story....her and Fallen Leaves is the cutest thing eveerrrrrrr! I also really like Thistleclaw as far as character complexity goes, he's awesome if you sit there and think about him for a while.

And Elsinne, it's about that bad.  Every cat realy involved much in the plot is either a dead cat, has some kind of romantic issue at some point, or has some kind of fancy power.  And to be in a Super Edition, you have to either have some kind of tragic love or at least one of your parents has to die.

But Hollyleaf isn't my favorite cat, but I can say she at least has personality.  She seems to have a lot of internal conflicts and character development.  And for you who have read Hollyleaf's story....her and Fallen Leaves is the cutest thing eveerrrrrrr!  I also really like Thistleclaw as far as character complexity goes, he's awesome if you sit there and think about him for a while.

Well, in the Warrior Cats series, dead loved ones ought to be fairly common, so I don't take much issue with that. A few of the characters on my list have lost family members, in fact. I don't like how often that "half-clan" stuff shows up, though. (Or Medicine Cat romances, for that matter.) I know it can be fun to write a star-crossed lovers story, but it's not the only romance that can be interesting.

I guess when I do get around to writing my own Warriors story, I'll have to focus on refining these characters beyond the simple concepts that they are, and try to put them in a unique, interesting situation. I'll review the cliches that were mentioned in these posts and try to avoid them, too. I never really was in to the whole "powers" thing, anyway.