Roon

Roon's Art Thread! Remember me? 8D

i'm glad i could help. my parents were like, "You're such a good person, to donate all your hard worked allowance to pakistan."

i'm glad i could help. my parents were like, "You're such a good person, to donate all your hard worked allowance to pakistan."

Aww. Good for you. It's great that you could help and your parents are setting an amazing example when they encourage you to help others. Good one on all of you!

I hesitate to donate because my parents receive my billing statements each month. The joys of living at college nine months out of the year; my college PO box is not mine the other 3 months, so I can't have monthly billing statements sent there. I've no idea what their stance on the issue is, though it seems to be that donating to general relief programs and hoping the money goes to where it is needed most is better than contributing towards one specific area. Not certain why that is, though. But I find myself very wary because I don't want the billing statement to SAY "Pakistan Relief Effort" on it, if it is going to make them angry.

I can't help you ATM re: whether or not DWB's credit card donations show up on a statement as saying anything about where the money goes (and it is, of course, a certain kind of credit card with a certain bank, so none of it may apply, though when the charge does come in, I would assume it would look the same to all credit cards, since Pay Pal says in advance what the charge will look like). But if you are concerned, DWB take checks. Not sure how you've got that arranged with your parents, so I don't know if that would work or not.

Anyhow, if you want, I'll PM you what the charge says as soon as it hits so you have a better idea on that. What I will not know also, for a while yet, is what the receipt will look like. DWB should be mailing me something in regards to that, and that won't get here for a bit, I imagine.

sapphiredragon73, that's really cool.

I don't understand this. Your parents might have an issue with you donating to people who are dying, because said people are of a different race and religion of them, and you are going to abide by this and not donate so as to not make them angry?

I don't know about you, but I'd rather try to tell my parents they're wrong and act of my own accord as an adult. Which, since you're going to college, I assume you are too.

Anyways guys, look, if you can't donate, don't. But don't post ****ty excuses either, blatantly telling me that you're being racist, or I will punch you in the face like I did the other guy.

@ sapphiredragon73 - you're awesome <3 I love you and I will make your drawing super cute.

@ Rpuppyluvr0203 - Please do <3 I will happily draw you another dragon if you just send proof of payment my way :3

Read Below

Just to give you an idea of what is really going on there, I was sent these pictures from the other forum I posted on by EmptyMoon, so I don't take credit for finding it:

http://imgur.com/a/EEbWa/1

I asked. My parents said no. They never donate from anything that I saw online with a credit card... but I do wish I could help. being 14 is hard that way.... .... *goes to poke parents some more* they don't even donate to DC... which is different I know but still... i mean, credit card, dying people, credit card, dying people. I choose dying people saving action. parents choose credit card over that...

I hesitate to donate because my parents receive my billing statements each month.  The joys of living at college nine months out of the year; my college PO box is not mine the other 3 months, so I can't have monthly billing statements sent there.  I've no idea what their stance on the issue is, though it seems to be that donating to general relief programs and hoping the money goes to where it is needed most is better than contributing towards one specific area.  Not certain why that is, though.  But I find myself very wary because I don't want the billing statement to SAY "Pakistan Relief Effort" on it, if it is going to make them angry.

I just checked my statement to see what it looks like.

(Also while doing this I found out that the times DWB told me it DIDN'T take my card, it apparently DID ._.; So looks like I actually donated 3 times as much as I thought I did, lol. Whoops. I don't begrudge it, though it looks like I'm eating a lot more Ramen than I planned for a while =P.)

Anyway, a donation to DWB looks like "08/21/10 Pending Card Transaction at DWB*DOCTORS W/O BORDER"

And a donation to Red Cross looks like "08/21/10 Pending Card Transaction at AMERICAN RED CROSS"

Doesn't give anything more specific than that. Those are both still pending, obviously, but I've never seen more specific information go on after the charges clear, so that's probably all that's ever going to show.

Edited by TPishek

Omg...I only made it to page 3 of that before I had to close it...

My mom and I got into a HUGE fight yesterday. I won't even bother with her.

I'm making it my mission today to get my bank account figured out (stupid bank of america employees) then withdrawling 20 or 30 bucks.

Onward, to Red Cross! >:3

Don't worry pakistanians! I is coming! D':

But really, those pictures were heart breaking.

So maybe a few people from there hate america, but it doesn't mean the whole country does. The innocent shouldn't suffer for dumb *feces* terrorists did

yeah u__u but unfortunately, thanks in large to the media, that's what happened.

I'm proud of you purple :3 If you go in and get a receipt from them just snap a picture of it and send it my way and I'll draw for you <3

@ TPi - ..do you mean that you donated that amount x3 to the same thing? 8D Dude, you're singlehandedly saving the nation.

@ Dragonhatchling - I understand being uncomfortable using your credit card online :3 If you get the chance, try to drop by your local charity and see if they'll accept donations for this specifically? And try to look up said charity before you donate >_> Almost every other one will spend more than half of their donations on "administration costs". Meaning they're profiting from the suffering of others.

Really...are you fudging serious...

*calls red cross office*

"Hello! And thank you for calling the red cross offices of the idaho branch! Our offices are currently...closed...to report a disaster, please press one now! If you know your party's extention, you may dial it --*hangs up*

stupid red cross! D:<

Monsoon season doesn't take Sunday off!!

aeriaa xd.png

I bet if you looked hard enough, you'd find one.

(or you could sell your Ukki babies for cold, hard, donate-able cash xd.png)

Eh, I will.

I'm going to get my account figured out toda....wait, are banks even open on sundays? o.O

xd.png I've been looking for the paypal option on either site... still not seeing one. :C I don't use cards...

xd.png One problem with that... Ukki is a boy and I own no females... I only stud him out once/year. xd.png

Yeah, my parents were proud too! smile.gif It's nice to have supporting parents. <3 They saw the news story this morning at breakfast, and were shocked by the events, and how the Red Cross said the money wasn't pouring in fast enough. They showed awful scenes of people wading through the flooded streets, desperately crowding around the Red Cross helicopter, etc etc.....it was sad. :<

I just checked my statement to see what it looks like.

(Also while doing this I found out that the times DWB told me it DIDN'T take my card, it apparently DID ._.; So looks like I actually donated 3 times as much as I thought I did, lol. Whoops. I don't begrudge it, though it looks like I'm eating a lot more Ramen than I planned for a while =P.)

Anyway, a donation to DWB looks like "08/21/10 Pending Card Transaction at DWB*DOCTORS W/O BORDER"

And a donation to Red Cross looks like "08/21/10 Pending Card Transaction at AMERICAN RED CROSS"

Doesn't give anything more specific than that. Those are both still pending, obviously, but I've never seen more specific information go on after the charges clear, so that's probably all that's ever going to show.

thank you

roon, because everyone visits your art thread, this is helping so much. you rock! and those racist idiots? they just can shut up and go away.

and those racist idiots? they just can shut up and go away.

Just because they're racist doesn't mean they're bad...

Don't type-cast.

It's just as bad.

Thanks guys <3 And just a note! The Canadian government announced today that it will double any donation people give to registered charities! :3

And -finally- my paper decided to put Pakistan on the front page @__@ three weeks late, but better than never!

@ Voxezi - she's not really typecasting, as she hasn't mentioned specifically that racist people are bad. If you guys really want to rage, see the comments on places like Yahoo! news and other news posts D: It makes me want to strangle things.

TPI's Shallow Water Dragon will be posted soon! Hopefully by tomorrow! <3

You would not believe the horrible racist comments I sifted through when reading online news articles about this, some people are actually celebrating this event.

It makes me sick when I see people like that .-.;

there are far too many of them x__x;

@ Everyone - I'm afraid that's all I can offer. I have quite the long list of people who are expecting drawings for their donations, and I have to finish this list before school starts.

It'd still be very kind and generous of you guys if you send in donations, I'm just not able to offer any more drawings in return. :)

TPishek's Shallow Water Dragon is done!

Next one to draw is thedragn01's Red Cross Dragon.

user posted image

forum mini:

user posted image