Roon

Roon's Art Thread! Remember me? 8D

Dropping another compliment:

You are one of the most talented artists I've ever seen in the entirety of my life... When it comes to dragons, you're EPIC.

Erm....I have a dA. xd.png

I fawn over allot of people's stuff...but I'm serious. You really are awesome.

Erm....I have a dA. XD

I fawn over allot of people's stuff...but I'm serious. You really are awesome.

You're much too sweet <3 thank you, it means a lot to me!

@ Everyone - I've noticed that people have posted their writing, usually unrelated to dragons, in this section and have gotten very decent critiques. If I wanted to do the same, would I start a new thread or add it to my art stuff? o-o (first post is getting kinda lengthy..)

Ooh! I haz deviantart! The name's PhantomoftheSerpents!

I wanna make Roon a present. ;_;

Ooh! I haz deviantart! The name's PhantomoftheSerpents!

I wanna make Roon a present. ;_;

Nice art! <3 but you really dont have to make me anything! ;-; I feel bad just receiving!

Nuh......I makez you art present!

xd.png Awww, Roon. You cans take a break?

Also, to those who have tablets and GIMP, do you guys have trouble with... Like, when you move the pen, does the circle grow bigger, and then when you move the mouse out of the layer, it goes back to the desired size?

'Cause I got frustrated. And the colors aren't really... showing. It keeps becoming black, even though the color says it's red.

Just a question/problem...

Hmm, let me see if I can figure it out... First two problems specific to tablets with GIMP:

-GIMP recognizes the mouse and the tablet as completely separate entities. Any colors/brush sizes/tool settings that you apply when using the mouse do not carry over when you use the tablet. And vice versa. Sometimes if you're tableting in GIMP and bump the mouse, you'll see all the color settings flicker back until you move the pen again. So any color settings etc that you want to use with your tablet, you have to set with the tablet itself and not with your mouse.

-The other thing GIMP has about tablets is that you HAVE to have your tablet plugged in when you start GIMP up, or the program will have trouble recognizing input from the tablet at all. What I've noticed is that if you open GIMP with the tablet in, then unplug the tablet, it will not respond to mouse movements well or sometimes at all after that; if you open it with the tablet unplugged and then plug it in, the tablet will work perfectly anywhere outside of the actual canvas, but then glitch or not respond at all when you try to draw (although the mouse will still seem to work fine).

Colors: Check the color setting for the project (it will be on the top). If it says RGB you should be fine, but if it says Indexed, that's probably your color issue. Indexed images have a limited set of colors, and anything outside that set will be "approximated" to a color inside the set. Like light green turning to light gray, or red turning to black. GIFs are usually indexed-- especially if they were originally made in GIMP, which indexes all GIFs upon save if you haven't indexed them already. If it is showing as an indexed image, you can change that by going to Image-->Mode-->RGB.

Layers: Make sure your layer is set to "normal" (drop down menu at the top of the Layers box) and not something like "multiply," "burn," or "darken." That could cause red to appear black, especially if you have a colored background you're drawing over.

That's all I can think of; I hope it helps!

You haven't been to dA, have you? :B But thank you <3

@ Haze - a present, for meeee? biggrin.gif

No, for me.

OF COURSE FOR YOU SILLYGOOSE 8D

Hmm, let me see if I can figure it out... First two problems specific to tablets with GIMP:

-GIMP recognizes the mouse and the tablet as completely separate entities. Any colors/brush sizes/tool settings that you apply when using the mouse do not carry over when you use the tablet. And vice versa. Sometimes if you're tableting in GIMP and bump the mouse, you'll see all the color settings flicker back until you move the pen again. So any color settings etc that you want to use with your tablet, you have to set with the tablet itself and not with your mouse.

-The other thing GIMP has about tablets is that you HAVE to have your tablet plugged in when you start GIMP up, or the program will have trouble recognizing input from the tablet at all. What I've noticed is that if you open GIMP with the tablet in, then unplug the tablet, it will not respond to mouse movements well or sometimes at all after that; if you open it with the tablet unplugged and then plug it in, the tablet will work perfectly anywhere outside of the actual canvas, but then glitch or not respond at all when you try to draw (although the mouse will still seem to work fine).

Colors: Check the color setting for the project (it will be on the top). If it says RGB you should be fine, but if it says Indexed, that's probably your color issue. Indexed images have a limited set of colors, and anything outside that set will be "approximated" to a color inside the set. Like light green turning to light gray, or red turning to black. GIFs are usually indexed-- especially if they were originally made in GIMP, which indexes all GIFs upon save if you haven't indexed them already. If it is showing as an indexed image, you can change that by going to Image-->Mode-->RGB.

Layers: Make sure your layer is set to "normal" (drop down menu at the top of the Layers box) and not something like "multiply," "burn," or "darken." That could cause red to appear black, especially if you have a colored background you're drawing over.

That's all I can think of; I hope it helps!

Thank you for the explanation. x.X Now I know even more about GIMP and my pen. xd.png

Yay!! I will color the DERP dragon when I can. x3 Thanks again, TPishek <3

I WANT TO MAKE A PRESENT FOR ROON TOO. /fails on drawing though

So I'll put it in words. ^^ Very long words. Very long and big words.

roon, what animals do you like?

Thiiis.

I may suck on the computer, but i'm half decent in lead pencil. ;D

I like a lot of animals :3 I dont have a favorite, but you guys really dont have to gift me anything @___@ I wouldn't be able to give you anything back!

Roon, you don't have to give anything back. Seeing your beautiful arts is enough. ^.^

Roon, you don't have to give anything back. Seeing your beautiful arts is enough. ^.^

^This. Roon when people want to draw for you it's just them trying to make you as happy as you make us. Your art is a gift, even if a particular dragon you drew is for someone else. And drawing or making things for you is a more concrete way for people to show their appreciation than just going, "Thank you".

We love you, let us love you. xd.png

<3 I will still makez youz a nicce present.....

I giv yew sumthing gewd so I's can practize mai awsum writing skillz.

On deviatnArt. ^^

yup. and i just feel like drawing you a animal so state an animal. any. and i cant draw people so...

praying mantis. 8D