Roon

Roon's Art Thread! Remember me? 8D

@ Rpuppy - I like discussions user posted image feel free to ask or talk about whatever you like :3 goes to everyone else too ~

it's very good! :3

Thanks again :D

Quick question, does anybody here use Photoshop cs5?

If so, then when using dark colors, how do you keep a lighter color from showing up around the lineart?

user posted image

Edited by snowdragon10

Thanks again biggrin.gif

Quick question, does anybody here use Photoshop cs5?

If so, then when using dark colors, how do you keep a lighter color from showing up around the lineart?

user posted image

I use Photoshop CS2 and CS3, but they're basically the same. (and wth, they're already on CS5?! SHEESH!!)

As for how to keep light colors from showing up, you need to put the lineart and the coloring on different layers. This is a *very* good Photoshop coloring tutorial that should help you. smile.gif It looks like you used the Paint Bucket tool to fill in the lineart on the same layer the lineart is on - that will always result in little white dots because the way the program makes lines/colors look smooth is by adding a few pixels on the edges of your brush line to blend with its surrounding environment.

....let me know if that didn't make sense. D:

Edited by aynessa

I use Photoshop CS2 and CS3, but they're basically the same. (and wth, they're already on CS5?! SHEESH!!)

As for how to keep light colors from showing up, you need to put the lineart and the coloring on different layers. This is a *very* good Photoshop coloring tutorial that should help you.  It looks like you used the Paint Bucket tool to fill in the lineart on the same layer the lineart is on - that will always result in little white dots because the way the program makes lines/colors look smooth is by adding a few pixels on the edges of your brush line to blend with its surrounding environment

....let me know if that didn't make sense. D:

The problem is, the coloring layer *IS* on a different layer than the lineart, and it still looks like that D:

Edited by snowdragon10

The problem is, the coloring layer *IS* on a different layer than the lineart, and it still looks like that D:

Try moving the coloring layer on top of the lineart layer and setting the coloring layer to Multiply. Let me know if that fixes it?

Is the coloring layer below the lineart layer?

It'll also depend on the density & smoothness of the brush/pencil you used while creating the lineart itself. If it's not fully opaque, then the color will bleed through like that

edit: Half ninja.gif'd by aynessa <3

Edited by Pryanka

wait, I've got it now, I had the paint bucket set on 'normal' instead of 'behind', it works :D

Thanks for the help, though.

Edited by snowdragon10

Wait, seriously? Damn, I've been fixing the light parts manually for forever.

>.>

what? x_x why would you doooo that to yourself.

Alternatively, when you have a sketch or a lineart that is on white paper or a white background, you can also -separate- the lineart. This tutorial by one of my fav artists will show you how; http://drak.deviantart.com/gallery/#/dhld5n

It says photoshop 7.0, but the tools are no different from CS2. I would assume, CS5 as well (fairly basic stuff). It's incredibly useful!

@RheaDark:

Well, at least now you know how :D

and putting your brush/ pencil/ mixer tool on "behind" keep you from being able to go over the lineart too

@Roon:

Though the tools are the same between CS2 and 5, the layout isn't. Trying to do a CS2 tutorial for CS5 was a nightmare, but that was probably because I had no idea what I was doing XD

anyway, I colored another of your sketches, it was fun :P

user posted image

Do you mind if I use it in my sig?

Wow. That seems like a lot of work for seperating lineart... When I do it, it's really simple. I just adjust the levels so the background's white, unlock the layer, then do ctrl+alt+~ and then delete. I do have to relock the layer to go over the lines to make sure they're all dark, but it's really easy.

@RheaDark:

Well, at least now you know how biggrin.gif

and putting your brush/ pencil/ mixer tool on "behind" keep you from being able to go over the lineart too

@Roon:

Though the tools are the same between CS2 and 5, the layout isn't. Trying to do a CS2 tutorial for CS5 was a nightmare, but that was probably because I had no idea what I was doing xd.png

anyway, I colored another of your sketches, it was fun tongue.gif

user posted image

Do you mind if I use it in my sig?

It's so CUTE! Good job on that.

It's so CUTE! Good job on that.

though all I did was tweak the lineart a bit and color it...

o.o sowwy for having to bring this back up, but I think I'm going to get ze $69.99 dollar tablet. Does anyone completely object?

oh this is late, but that little bubble icon was cute, Roon! :3

Oh and I have a question for you. I don't want to sound rude, and I would do this myself, but I would screw it up royally. Would you mind making my Sweetling a little smaller for my siggy? It's kinda big, and I want to put a few more things in my sig. I really hope this doesn't offend you or something. That's the last thing I want. It's just that if I tried to adjust the size on my own, it might not look pretty, and I have no idea how to GIF things. Thanks in advance if you can do this for meee! smile.gif

um.... GIF is when the background is clear, right?? blink.gif I'm kinda lost when it comes to things like that..... lol

I make them PNG, GIF is more for animated.

Here's a bit smaller, if you needed it at a smaller/different size you gotta give me a pixel size to go by; http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn66/li...DCsupermini.png

One commission is done! This was for Nimrodel, the request was for a green dragon holding a scroll, and a blue dragon holding a camera, facing each other.

user posted imageuser posted image

Sorry about the watermarks, but these belong to Nimrodel so please do not use ;3

Next commission to work on is for aynessa!

so you're not accepting requests yet, right? although they are really cute

Edited by sapphiredragon73

I'll accept requests again once you see a Nocturne dragon drawn and posted here x3

and thanks <3

Edited by Roon

Roon, that size is perfect! *points to siggy* Now I have some moar room! Thank youu! Oh, and how do you go about making things PNG? laugh.gif I'm sorry for my annoying questions.

the dragons are super cute! I really like them! and I really like the blue dragon's eyes. they'er soo pwetty! xd.png The colors are simple, yet they compliment eachother. They really are just so adorable. smile.gif