Roon

Roon's Art Thread! Remember me? 8D

Oh? The bbw is not my idea, now am I seeing how one can copyright colors and patterns =B

I don't mind if roon doesn't ^^

Edit: but if you sell them That'd kinda be wrong without permission from roon and stuff D;

Edited by Angziety

It's Dovealove we're speaking about, though. Guess I'll better poof this. Though the shirt will be only for my use and not be made any profit of it.

Edited by lightbird

It's Dovealove we're speaking about, though. Guess I'll better poof this. Though the shirt will be only for my use and not be made any profit of it.

Uh....Angziety was the one who sketched the BBWs ^^; It was a collaboration between many talented people.

Beautiful shirt! The BBW is one of my favorites of yours, Roon. Simply maaaaaahvelous. *fans self with giant paper fan*

~Feathers

You copyright infringe when you make profit off something made by someone/something else. Furthermore, in conventions and things, many people print off their own artbook of various official anime or other fanart, and profit off it. Do the makers frown upon that? Not really, since this is how you make your product popular, by allowing people to spread word of it.

Finally, it's likely that once you create a dragon and give it to the dragon cave, it then becomes the property of the dragon cave. They are allowed to market it and produce it as they see fit. I have not read the DC policy to know for sure, but this is how it's usually done.

If this is the case, then the character is an Official DC character, and if anyone wanted to go and sell prints of DC.. no one could stop them. DC might even appreciate it, since it spreads word of their cutesy little site. It would also spread word of the original creator's creation - and that's good, because a few curious individuals may poke them for commissions of concept art. This only happens if it's a really popular piece, usually.

However, if an artist would say, claim the character as their own, and profit from this character not only from their own artistic portrayal of the character, then there is trouble. Giving credit where it's due - whether it's the artist who sketched it, the Cave that made it popular, or the random artist that sold a painting of it at a convention - allows for the spread of the wealth, so to speak.

Finally. Take a damned look at the dragons I've drawn.

We have: a green dragon with stripes, a black dragon, a dragon with some fluff, etc etc. You can't exactly copyright all black dragons, or things with fluff on them, or whatnot.

You can copyright the sprite you may have drawn of the thing. But anything else? No.

To anyone who complains about your shirt, Lightbird - Eat my shorts.

Edited by Roon

OH MY GOD THAT SHIRT IS AWESOME!

Right, so you think you can tell that I'm not complain about it xd.png And Angz is happy with it, but you might still want to check with Marri, Seiss, Dove and Dolphin.

Finally, it's likely that once you create a dragon and give it to the dragon cave, it then becomes the property of the dragon cave. They are allowed to market it and produce it as they see fit. I have not read the DC policy to know for sure, but this is how it's usually done.

Actually, we're not paid for our work. It's done by volunteers , and we agree to let TJ use our work. So DC doesn't own the work or the idea. TJ is just allowed to use it. There's a contract in the works, but I'm not sure how far along it is.

I was just merely pointing out to Lightbird that it wasn't all Dove's work that went into the sprite. It was a collaborative effort, and it's not fair to say the belongs to just one person.

I meant she has absolutely no reason to hide the fact that she made the shirt. Sorry if anyone felt singled out D: I was not telling anyone here off. But if DC officials or mods made any kind of deal out of it, then wtf no. Like I said, I don't know the DC policy, but that's how it usually is when someone gives art to any company/website/w/e, paid or unpaid.

*pets Rhea*

Progress! TEG's lineart complete! I got through the Temple of the Oracle in God of war! Found the Sirens! I LOVE YOU KRATOSSSS

D: By saying "Dovealove", I meant to say that she was largely involved in it, at least on dA she says she did the colouring and shading AND I remembered the sprite drama that was going on back in winter. I did not mean to specifically leave someone out. I should have worded it more clearly, but (unrelated info) yesterday was such a stress-out for me, that I just didn't give much thought to how exactly that would sound (/unrelated info).

Can't wait to see TEG's picture :3

*pets Rhea*

Progress! TEG's lineart complete! I got through the Temple of the Oracle in God of war! Found the Sirens! I LOVE YOU KRATOSSSS

Whee!

:3

That shirt is awesomesauce. Srsly.

Can't wait to see TEG's c:

D: By saying "Dovealove", I meant to say that she was largely involved in it, at least on dA she says she did the colouring and shading AND I remembered the sprite drama that was going on back in winter. I did not mean to specifically leave someone out. I should have worded it more clearly, but (unrelated info) yesterday was such a stress-out for me, that I just didn't give much thought to how exactly that would sound (/unrelated info).

Ok, so someone who sketched everything isn't largely involved? The BBW is angz brain child visually as much as it is CD's. It is safe to say as a fact, that without Angz, you would not see the BBW as you know it. So acting like dove is the only one who did anything is, in fact, quite rude.

Ok, so someone who sketched everything isn't largely involved? The BBW is angz brain child visually as much as it is CD's. It is safe to say as a fact, that without Angz, you would not see the BBW as you know it. So acting like dove is the only one who did anything is, in fact, quite rude.

I never said Dove was the only one, please don't put words in my mouth. I'm not interested to get involved in any forum drama.

I'm not putting words in your mouth. You were strongly insinuating that dove was the only person who's opinion mattered.

It's Dovealove we're speaking about, though.

Eeek....guys, don't get into a fight!

All the artists helped a lot- Dove was highly involved in the adults, although she didn't do the egg/hatchlings. You'll have to ask her, but you should probably also Dolph, and maybe Dolph and Marri, even though I think it is, technically, and adult female you drew.

You don't have to ask ANYONE. You didn't make any freaking profit out of it, I explained this in a god damned STORY on the other page, if anyone doesn't get it, they can kindly leave. What are they gonna do, confiscate the shirt? Ha.

@ Corteo you'd best be trolling

MESSAGE TO TEG - I'm screwed over in more ways than one for time. You'll have to excuse me, I know how badly you wanted this, and I'm sure you'd absolutely love the lineart, however.. Time for coloring it just doesn't seem like it'll happen this week. Check back next week please, sorry TEG.

After TEG, I'm gone, no more. Especially not with these BSing children around.

MESSAGE TO TEG - I'm screwed over in more ways than one for time. You'll have to excuse me, I know how badly you wanted this, and I'm sure you'd absolutely love the lineart, however.. Time for coloring it just doesn't seem like it'll happen this week. Check back next week please, sorry TEG.

After TEG, I'm gone, no more. Especially not with these BSing children around.

Aw. It's okay, I understand real life can be hectic.

Take your time, k?

I can wait, it wont kill me!

Or will it?

*Hugs Roon*

Please don't leave. Taking no more requests, yes, understood, but please don't leave.