Roon

Roon's Art Thread! Remember me? 8D

mysister'scameralololol

XD Ahh I'm a thief.

Alright SO! I have free time and I know I'm TOTALLY just going to do nothing productive, so I'd rather draw so I feel like I did something. But I'm all out of motivation, so;

REQUEST INFO

There is one request open.

- If I've already made a request for you, please give others a chance.

- Otherwise, just please dont pick anything difficult or OC, it's just going to be a quick doodle.

- Post a sprite for my reference please!

Finally, if you want to pay me back, I like OC hatchlings 8D Not picky about the type!

Might I be able to request then? I would love a Male Vampire dragon!

Here's the sprite image:

user posted image

And what exactly do you mean by a quick doodle? I sincerely hope the Vampire won't be too hard, but I can definitely see how it might... I apologize if it is, so please let me know if I must request something else. ^^;

eh, my forte is cute, not scary, but I suppose I can give it a go.

Quick doodle meaning it wont be backgrounded or have a lot of shading layers.

Well, it doesn't have to be scary at all! I have a couple pictures in my rotators which I would say are far more cute, so to speak, than scary. Whatever works though, thanks in advance!

if i'd checked this just 30 minutes earlier....

haha good job roon, stealing your sister's stuffs

it's k i do it all the time xd.png

@ sapphiredragon73: Ifasifihih!

Translation: If I had woken up 10 minutes earlier!

XD I like cute things. ;A; And unauthorized borrowing is perfectly fine in a sibling relationship, it seems. 8D "Hey, did you see my pair of Biancos anywhere? Oh look, there they are in your closet. Don't mind me just taking the back."

Ha, what happened to doing a quick sketch? He's absolutely amazing, background and everything, again thank you so very much!

EDIT:

Would it be alright with you if I were to crop the head and use it in an avatar rotator? Of course I am going to use the full body in my signature one, I just wanted to check about the avatar since I would cutting part of the picture out.

Edited by Daciana_Adena

Thanks everyone XD

Yeah I need to work on my "quick" 8D I often turn out too much of a perfectionist with this stuff, even with details that would be completely missed anyways. And sure, you can crop it for use on this site

Thanks Saph! <3

I want to try to create my own dragon species ): I just have no ideas ;-; how do you people get your ideas?

Well for for me, I'll be doodling a dragon during school or in my free time and then, realizing it looks like a dragon(sort of) I come up with the name and details about it. But that's just me. Plus I never end up putting the ones I make in Dragon Requests. So...just doodle a dragon and see how it comes out.

I do that, it's just that I stop half way and ditch it cause I dont have a plan with how to continue x__x

That's why I like drawing DC dragons, it's so easy cause the sprite gives me a plan.

think of a theme you want to revolve your dragon around, like a gem, or a certain terrain (like ocean, etc.) or whatever comes in mind.

Then draw a sketch of what you think it'll look like.

and then continue from there.

I usually just sleep/daydream/relax while I scribble some random shapes then doodle around and with those shapes... srry if that makes no sense xd.png but that's how I do it...

or think of things that should be done but no one else has done... (like seriously no one's made a request for a dragon with a volcano on it back...)

but you could also think of the thing you like most and something else you really like and sort of morph them together in dragon form...

example. If I really liked poison and cupcakes... I would morph them together to make a really cute but poisonous dragon... that maybe pink...

Edited by 626lavaheart

I usually just sleep/daydream/relax while I scribble some random shapes then doodle around and with those shapes... srry if that makes no sense XD but that's how I do it...

or think of things that should be done but no one else has done... (like seriously no one's made a request for a dragon with a volcano on it back...)

but you could also think of the thing you like most and something else you really like and sort of morph them together in dragon form...

example. If I really liked poison and cupcakes... I would morph them together to make a really cute but poisonous dragon... that maybe pink...

You are a very interesting person 8D 8D

Haha, alright I'm going to jot down some themes and random words and try to brainstorm something. Cause so far I've been staring at a blank page x__x

Edit: I ended up with an antelope with wings.

user posted image

Edited by Roon

I know that when some of my friends and I feel like drawing and have no idea what, we'll just randomly draw a few shapes on a page and then work from that. biggrin.gif Makes it a fun challenge and gives your creativity something to start with. Not sure if that can be applied to dragon anatomy but who knows? x3

Also, that vampire is lovely!

your sketch is nice =)

just to toss in an opinion...

don't make your sketch too detailed. make your description of the breed detailed.

&

mixing antelopes with something unexpected might produce interesting results.

Oh, lovely Vampire Roon! <3

As for making a dragon. I usually just doodle random pictures of dragons until I come out with something I really like, then I draw it a bit more.

While drawing, I think of the things that is could possibly do or it's personality.

But I always start with the drawing first, then just think of random personality traits.

Sometimes it will be something random I drew in my sketch book months ago and decide I liked it, and then I'll draw it in a few more poses, adding or getting rid of a few things, until I think it looks good.

Find something about the sketch that you really like, and embellish it. Like, if you really like how the horns/antlers came out, focus on that. You could make it into a species that fights for the right to party mate. Or even a species that simply uses it's antlers for show, sometimes sticking it's head in random fields of flowers to make them more purty. And just keep going from that.