Roon

Roon's Art Thread! Remember me? 8D

Thanks Saph

Another friend who does physics felt left out

So, here's Vector Cat!

user posted image

Also free to use for sigs or other stuff. Credit appreciated but not required.

Einstein would probably wtf 8D

Ath's commission is done. After she approves it I will probably open up a request, I miss drawing DC dragons

I still have to run through the list of artists on DC and I gotta go out right now, so when I get back, if it's not too late - I'll do that. For now, here's Athdaraxen's commission!

user posted image

Edited by Roon

Hmmmm............ Maybe instead of drawing a specific DC dragon you still could draw dragons that are really similar? Like instead of a Mint Dragon, you could draw a small minty-green dragon without wings?

Is that a bad idea?

Drawing something similar to it and then claiming it is not that thing, is very bad D: that's stealing.

Oh...

But you were thinking of just ignoring the list even though you knew it existed. That's bad too.

Whatever...

Welp, I dunno how to solve this so I dunno what to do for requests ;3; I really wanted to draw some DC stuff too

also no one is posting so I don't think there's a demand for them either 8D ahaha ah well

Ah man I've really wanted a request for about a year: a male swallowtail!

huh I'd love a vine... but then Darkshadow requested first tongue.gif

anyway, hmm... if they don't seem to mind... i don't know. Maybe you could PM the artist whose dragon you're drawing? Or if they complain, delete the drawing from all internet places?

I know when I was still much more active, I was having people ask permission if they wanted a certain DC dragon changed in some way or re-colored, but other than that all was well.

I had posted on the Artist thread list thingy because I was worried I broke some rule and from what Sock told me, fanart is perfectly fine so long as it doesn't leave the forum. Otherwise, unless one of the artists states otherwise, you can't actually put any DC work on another site but so long as it stays here in the DC forums, its alright to do whatever fanart you like. Where it tells you are not allowed is more for offsite fanart such as dA I do believe.

I can't look back on the post because it has been deleted, so all I could tell you to do is to PM somebody, like Sock, who can tell you what's what. I only gathered this after posting and getting an answer and this is how I took it. tongue.gif

that chibi birdy ath is adorable 8D

Thanks for the info Ath but it's totally not beneficial to me to not post on dA D: I only do the requests for people because there is an advantage to me, and I would lose almost all of it if I were not able to post my work on dA. Sock will probably tell me exactly what you told me.

As it is I'm just doing my own thing right now and not opening up requests, I'm looking into other adoptable sites with rules that are bit more lenient than here x_x

What sorts of adoptables sites are you looking for? Dragon-based, pixel-based, etc?

Edit:

Okay, wow. I just peered through the list and very few people allow fanart offsite without written permission .__.; And I am just not interested in asking.

I ignored the list before (mostly cause I was not aware of it's existence) but I dunno if I should keep ignoring it x__x;

That's a shame; I really don't see what the problem is if people are not claiming it was their idea and not making money off it. I would have really liked a magi too.

That seems like it could work.... Would we be able to use the stuff we requested on dA in signatures though?

Yes 8D actually that's always been one of my rules, as I like to see them used ~

Working on my dragon now - I think you guys will either really hate me or love me for this one ohhoho

user posted image

Kewl can't wait to see the dragon

And nice idea itll probe work but would be a big bummer for the people who don't have a da account

But people can make dA accounts.

It's free and takes like 2 seconds.

EDIT: what is the point of requesting and stuff on dA when the dragons will end up on here anyways?

Edited by willapigfly