Roon

Roon's Art Thread! Remember me? 8D

Everything so far looks amazing, Roon 8D Is that you in that costume?! /licks

For the wolf, the first thing I noticed was that her eyes were too far apart, and her muzzle was too narrow/short. If you want her to have that small of snout, then you should make her nose bigger- smaller noses look more feline.

^^

Edit: I'm also thinking her mouth/snout should be moved down a little on her face.

Oh, and if you want moar cuteness, what about bigger, rounder eyes?

Edited by Shiny Hazard Sign

I missed a lot.

Costume is awesome - your duct tape skills are to be envied. Sorry about the neck. The marshmallow is the avatar of awesome. Okami looks great, love the detail, though the muzzle is a bit fitzy but you're getting help on that already.

Yes that is me in the costume, but I don't think I'm very tasty D:

Since all of you seem bent on changing the muzzle I'll play around with it - as well as the eyes - but first.

ROON LEAVES FOR A MATH EXAM. DUN DUN DA.

If I am alive tomorrow at 10pm (when it ends) I'll keep working on Okami!

D: WTH? Since when does a math exam end at 10pm?! T ^T

/is not looking forward to college now

C: Well, just do what you think best~! I'm sure she'll look great when you're finished x3

-still thinking of fluffeh cat on giant yarnball-

Edited by Shiny Hazard Sign

maybe someday but not now 8D

GUYS. HEY GUYS LISTEN.

I'm trying to win a dA contest!

Help me win eet D:

You need facebook, and a thumb:

Like this: http://www.facebook.com/AmaranthPhotography?sk=photos

Then you can like my entry: http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=167...98162550&type=1

to help me win

<3 pretty please? The person with the highest number of votes so far has over 100 ): I am not sure I'll be able to win but I really wanna try D:< so tell your friends or something ;3; please

; ; I dun have Facebook.... I'm sorry Roon, I have failed you D'x

That's okay I totally understand .__. I don't use facebook at all >.>

I should note:

1) Don't feel bad if you cant D: I know a lot of you would prefer not to either use facebook or put your facebook where your real name might potentially be found.

2) to prevent the topic from going off-topic, please communicate with me regarding this through PMs, over dA at lil-dragon-blue.deviantart.com, or my facebook which you can find if you scroll through the list.

Haha! <3 the penguin~ Consider it 'Liked' biggrin.gif

Oh hey Roon, just a question- how do you get those backgrounds? Especially on the Red Panda, Tikigurl's pygmy, and the Gryphon. Did you draw those yourself?

Oh hey Roon, just a question- how do you get those backgrounds? Especially on the Red Panda, Tikigurl's pygmy, and the Gryphon. Did you draw those yourself?

...Yup. She probably did.

(Sorry, Roon. I just figured... :<)

I 'liked' it xd.png I will try to tell to my friends to 'like' it, but they are stubborn dry.gif

but, I WILL try it!

your art is REALLY awsome biggrin.gif*sad for she cant pay for comissions*

Thanks so much you guys <3 You're all too kind :3 *hugs*

@ Shiny Hazard Sign - Kandy is right, but here are the details;

Red Panda - The photoshop leaf brush + low opacity brush for background, and a "grain" texture background.

Tikigurl's pygmy - and old picture of a garden I took, overlayed and blurred and low opacity brush.

The Gryphon - low opacity brush and a texture I picked up from dA - credit for texture is in the artist's comments here

Cute. I liked it, though seeing as I used a fake name on my Facebook YOU WILL NEVER FIND ME MWAHAHA.

Also, everything you drawed is full of so much cute. I want all the cute.

Your art is very lovely Roon i can't but help stare at it. <3 would love to get my Dragon Oc from you if you ever have your request open. xd.png

Thank you <3

I don't draw OCs for requests, only commissions :3

Prices are posted on first page if you're interested ~ <3

oops I forgot about that. xd.png

Can't commission since I don't have a paypal yet. T__T

Though I hope to someday.

She's lovely Saph <3 I like how serene she looks

@ Drogonlover5 - you should ;3 take commissions yourself !

Okay! Here's her final version! Shall I go ahead? Anything else out of place? PLEASE CRITICIZE ME D:

Edit: someone outline those back blades for me ;-; they look awkward because of the perspective, which I am no good at. D:

user posted image

Edited by Roon

She looks amazing! Completely wolfish C:

I think the shield thingy looks fine. ^^

Is that the final background?

Wow! So beautiful, Roon! Keep up the good work! biggrin.gif *Knows nothing about crits but all about compliments*

thanks, roon!

that is beautiful. it is.

The shield should be facing *very* slightly away from us (as the viewers), not toward us, because it's on her back and her back is slightly facing away from us.

The blades are meant to be facing towards the front so that it's visible - I'm envisioning them as floating slightly above her back/rump, once I paint it I'm -hoping- the perspective issue will not stand out so much.

@ Haze - it's faaaaaaaaaar from finished XD Now, I have the lineart. The background will be painted, Okami will be shaded, the blades will be patterned. Many many things left to do @__@

and to all of you, thank you XD I think I've more or less found a satisfactory way of fixing the back blades. I go to painting it now x3 shall I keep posting WIPs? I except this will take me a few weeks to finish, I really want to give it my all