Roon

Roon's Art Thread! Remember me? 8D

:| I have money, but... I'm trying to save it up. Otherwise I would be spending it all on several requests from you.

...It feels like this year is dragging itself at a slow pace, and this is just the beginning.

I'm saving up too, my computer is fizzing out and I need backup money in case it bails on me >_> Today seemed to last forever @__@ I swear my math teacher has the ability to slow down time.

I'm off to draw for the very first person to donate this session :D thank you tikigurl91!

Yayyy! *squeals*

The past week has been horrendous for me also, so this will make it over 9,000 times better. (heh) xd.png

I hope your week gets better soon Roon! <3

Thank you hon <3 hope yours is better too!

It's done ;) I'll post tomorrow morning since it keeps erroring on upload (it's a big file XD). It's 3:17am! Goodnight <3

aww good night roon! can't wait to see the pretty things <3

and you *have* to get some sleep. or else... i dunno xd.png

I woke today and couldn't move my neck to the right. This week just doesn't get any better, huh?

There you go Tikigurl;

user posted image

sig size:

user posted image

Oh... my.........

*girly scream*

^^Literally just did that^^

It's adorable! I love it! *huggles*

Thank you!!!

Sorry to hear that your week hasn't gotten any better though. sad.gif

At least it's almost over, yay!

That's a beautiful little dragon biggrin.gif ... sorry about your neck, though D:

thank you guys

@ Tiki - you're welcome

I'm drawing Okami atm and I'm attempting a not-chibi version andddd i hate ittttt

I'm drawing Okami atm and I'm attempting a not-chibi version andddd i hate ittttt

No matter what you do with Ammy, she'll look EPIC. GO. DO IT. *cheers*

Gee thanks for your help guys, really D:<

ormaybenooneknewanygoodstock

Now help me with this D: I need opinions and critique.

user posted image

Updated:

user posted image

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

The body looks good. The ears and the mouth are off--to help me say, I'll use something to show...Her ears are shaped as if they are pointing forward but furred as if they are pointing sidewards, while her expression is too alert for sidewards pointing ears.

user posted image

Have the fur inside look a little more like that, it might help direct her ears.

Lowering the corners and widening her mouth slightly would, I think, make her face look more wolf-like.

I don't know of any stock on dA, sorry.

Sorry to butt in, but the face, both yours and Princess Artemis's example look like cats or foxes. The whole body also generally makes me think fox/cat and so does the tail.

A would would have a little bit more rounded ears, and quite a bit more hair around the neck. What wolf images did you use for reference?

I googled "wolf" >.> and just stared. I can round the ears, but I have no idea why the body isn't wolf-like. If I can link to google, this ref'd the body for me:

http://www.billybear4kids.com/animal/whose...olfStanding.jpg

Maybe try deepening the chest area a bit and making the legs a bit longer. The stockier build just makes me thin "cat" even though it seems to be a trait of your style. I think adding in more fur around the neck to where the sides of the head run smoothly into the neck would help.

^ how I interpreted that:

- fixed chest

- rounded ears and made them point forwards

- fixed mouth, moved it slightly as well

- lengthened legs

- fixed tail

- small fix to back

user posted image

Lengthening her legs made a big difference. Her ears and the ruff around her neck looks better too, they remind me of the Huskies I used to have.

Would it be a lot of trouble to move the shield to the right and narrow it by moving the top and bottom blades closer together? Right now, it looks a bit like she's carrying it on her side instead of on her back, but if you changed the perspective, it should look more like it is on the top of her back. Tilting it might help too.

I am so bad with perspective, so I'm not sure I'll be able to tilt it, but I can definitely move it and narrow it so that it's not skewering her neck =P

edit: Should I go through with coloring this Okami then? Everything about her body is okay now? I dont want to have to start the coloring all over for a second time XD

Edited by Roon

The body frame looks a lot better. The muzzle looks too foxish though. I played around with some lines today, and I think widening the muzzle and making it a tad bit longer may help. A squarish might help things out too as well as making the eyes a bit closer together.

I hesitate to do that, because I think it looks cuter this way. Cuter > real, in this case. I'm not sure about eyes closer together, I could try it.