Lastalda

Project Perfect Dorkface

http://dragcave.net/lineage/oqAt

This is what you are looking for, yes?

I could conceivably breed 3 unrelated gen 2 eggs like that, provided they cooperate.

None of the parents can breed for several days, though.

Successfully got the hatchling from Silverstreak12! THANK YOU!!!

And I managed to breed the third 3rd gen egg today, so the project is moving along nicely. smile.gif

@ainisarie:

yes, that's what I'm looking for. Thank you so much for the offer! smile.gif

I'll Pm you.

is this a dorkface, its name has dorkface as a surname so I named the offspring dorkface as well

1) I'm sorry, but this is the wrong topic. This thread is about a very special Dorkface Project, described in the first post. For general Dorkfaces, please go to the thread Do you have a Dorkface?.

2) What you have there is no Dorkface at all. I'm sorry. Just naming a dragon Dorkface does not make them a Dorkface. (Though of course you may name your dragons as you like. But other players will not regard it as Dorkface.) To be a Dorkface, a dragon must be descendant from Midas Dorkface and Shallyna'ar (the parents of my Dorkface Lord Dorkface from Spain). If this pair is not somewhere in the lineage, then it's not a Dorkface.

I'm sorry.

If you want a real Dorkface, please go to the Dorkface topic and request one there. There are many people who gladly breed Dorkfaces for others. smile.gif

I received a lovely egg from ainisarie, and a hatchling from Ikki.

Thank you both!!!

That makes 15 2nd gens on my scroll now. smile.gif

Edited by Lastalda

I just got another egg from Winddancir! Thank you!! *hugs*

I really need to think of a naming scheme... any suggestions?

(I would appreciate a Spanish touch in there, but it doesn't have to be all in Spanish.)

ETA: and yet another egg, this time form lilyice. THANK YOU!

Edited by Lastalda

I received another 2nd gen egg from bloodonmyfangs! Thank you!!! smile.gif

Including the 2nd gen dragons that will breed 3rd gens on other people's scrolls, I now have 23 2nd gens! Which means only 9 to go! Wheeeee! smile.gif

Of those 9, 2 need to come from male CB golds, 7 from female CB golds. And I have offers for most of them already. smile.gif *happy*

I still need at least 2 eggs from female golds, though, so if you have any that you would be willing to breed for me, please let me know! smile.gif

Also,still no naming theme found...

Edited by Lastalda

Wow, your project is coming along quite nicely, Lastalda! ^^

So I saw that you needed a naming scheme... and decided to to some searching. xd.png

I'm not very original, so here's some ok-ish ideas.

When I think of whites, I think of 'pure'. Soooo... *whips up translator*

Pure = puro

Pure in heart = puro de corazón

Purity = Pureza

>< Yeah, that's it. xd.png Maybe you can take something you like, and make it a surname or something? Heh...

aawwww i wish I had seen this earlier :/ would have giving you this one before he grew up last week check it out (its from a CB female gold and CB male white)

but if I find a mate that matches your criteria, ill be sure to give you the egg :3 or if anyone here can obtain the egg that can be the potential mate for him, please PM me biggrin.gif

Edited by Botitas

@Lilyice:

thank you! biggrin.gif I'm very happy that things are coming along so nicely.

I guess once I'm done with collecting, the real fun (breeding) only starts, but at least that should be easier to coordinate, as my time zone doesn't get in the way of that. tongue.gif

As for the names...

pureza sounds interesting, I'll keep that in mind. Thanks. smile.gif

Personally, I was thinking about Goldilocks (from Goldilocks and the three bears), but that translates to Ricitos de oro, which... isn't such a cool name part... tongue.gif

I guess something will comeup eventualy. tongue.gif

@Botitas:

I actually do have a suitable mate. I'll PM you! smile.gif

*hugs*

Edit: hatchy successfully tranferred to Botitas! Now let's all hope it genders as it was influenced to do, and they'll like each other. THANK YOU, Botitas! smile.gif

Edited by Lastalda

Should you need a replacement 2nd gen, I have a CB gold female and CB white male on my scroll. I haven't tested them for refusal, mind you... but CB whites aren't quite as tough to find as CB golds, so I could find another if necessary.

I know you're not looking for any at the moment, and I'll forget about this thread anyhow, but feel free to PM if you do need one.

@ArynChris:

Thanks for the offer, I'll keep you in mind and PM you if needed. *hugs*

Concerning naming schemes, I'm currently thinking about using Spanish aristocratic titles, along with the surname Dorado (golden). Wikipedia tells me there is basically this order:

Baron < Vizconde < Conde < Marqués < Duque < Principe < Rey

(corresponds to Baron < Viscount < Count < Marquis < Duke < Prince < King)

If I'm starting with the 2nd gens (as the CBs usually are already named), and use one title per generation, that's still one title too many. So I'm pondering whether to leave out the Baron or the Vizconde... (Vizconde is sound-similar to Conde, so I might leave that one... but it sounds more Spanish than Baron, so I might leave Baron... *thinking hard*)

The last one (7th gen) would be Rey Dorado de Dorkface or something, I guess. tongue.gif

Thoughts?

ETA: Received another 2nd gen egg from Purplehaze! Which makes 6th gen possible, as it filled a gap in the lineage tree. smile.gif THANK YOU!

Edited by Lastalda

Just received a 2nd gen egg from Kadoatie and a 3rd gen egg from MarniDawg! Thank you both!!!

Now the 1st half of the lineage only needs one further egg from a female gold to be finished. And I'm once again utterly and happily scroll-locked! xd.png

Great naming scheme, Lastalda!

Personally, I'd leave out Vizconde because it sounds too similar to Conde. xd.png But it's up to you.

On another note, I just picked up another 2nd gen white with a gold mother. ^^ Shoot me a PM when you're available and we can see about getting that last egg to you. laugh.gif

the white Lastalda gave me gendered female!! horray! she should be growing up in the next two days, so I should have that 3rd gen egg for you around then!!

should I name her anything specific? her future mate is called Lord Golden Cloud

so im thinking Lady Golden Cloud?

or Lady Gilded Rain? something having to do with Lady + (gold) + some sort of noun :/

Lady Golden Rain sounds lovely! But of course, the naming is up to you, as it's your dragon. smile.gif

@Lilyice:

Awesome! PMing you. smile.gif

Also, thanks for the naming opinion!

Any other opinions on the naming idea?

Concerning naming schemes, I'm currently thinking about using Spanish aristocratic titles, along with the surname Dorado (golden). Wikipedia tells me there is basically this order:

Baron < Vizconde < Conde < Marqués < Duque < Principe < Rey

(corresponds to Baron < Viscount < Count < Marquis < Duke < Prince < King)

If I'm starting with the 2nd gens (as the CBs usually are already named), and use one title per generation, that's still one title too many. So I'm pondering whether to leave out the Baron or the Vizconde... (Vizconde is sound-similar to Conde, so I might leave that one... but it sounds more Spanish than Baron, so I might leave Baron... *thinking hard*)

The last one (7th gen) would be Rey Dorado de Dorkface or something, I guess. tongue.gif

Besides, I just updated my own chart, and it appears I'm only 4 2nd gen eggs away from having them all! biggrin.gif

Which includes 3 from female and 1 from male CB golds. (Only counting eggs that are already on my scroll or 3rd gen breeders have promised to take care of on theirs.)

So, 4 more eggs. Sounds accomplishable, yes? *is happy*

Edited by Lastalda

I think that for the males, that scheme is awesome, and for the females you should just gender-switch it, so it'd be Baroness < Countess < Marquess < Duchess < Princess < Queen, only in spanish.

And this is so cool. I'm so glad I could be a part of this. c:

I think that for the males, that scheme is awesome, and for the females you should just gender-switch it, so it'd be Baroness < Countess < Marquess < Duchess < Princess < Queen, only in spanish.

And this is so cool. I'm so glad I could be a part of this. c:

Yep, that's what I planned. smile.gif

Thanks for the opinion!

@Botitas:

Yay!!! Now I only need to make room on my scroll! *nudges eggs to hatch*

Edited by Lastalda

Successfully got the 2nd gen egg from lilyice.

She just spotted that its father is already part of the lineage, so I can't use this egg (or the lineage would become inbred).

Successfully re-homed it to Souly! smile.gif

Which means only 4 more 2nd gen eggs!

Isn't it pretty?

But first, I need to catch Botitas' pretty 3rd gen! xd.png

Edit: got another 2nd gen from Arielen, which was the last egg I needed from a male CB gold. Only 3 eggs, all from female CB golds to go!

Edited by Lastalda

@lilysally:

Yay! smile.gif I'm supposed to get 2 eggs in tonight, which will lock me. So can you perhaps try to breed on thursday? I should have room then. (If I have room earlier, I'll let you know!)

In other news, I have finally worked out a naming scheme that I'm content with, yay!

So here's what I'm going to do:

I wanted the pairs to have something in common, and I thought starting their names with the same letter would be nice. Then I counted and found I have exactly 26 couples to name, what a coincidence! xd.png

So I did some research and digged up ancient Spanish and Portugese names, like they were used in the Iberic aristocracy of the middle ages, a male and a female for every letter in the alphabet. (For 2 or 3 letters I had to use more contemporary names, in one case a Baskian name, but at least they're all Iberic in some way. K, U and W were hard!)

So that's the first names.

Second comes a family name, for which I use Spanish words derived from one or both of the parents, in honour of the many kind people who bred their dragons for me. (For example, the first egg I got has parents named Levian Soul and Yvian Soul, so their daughter will get the surname Alma, which is soul in Spanish.)

These are carried on by the male (so a child always inherits the father's family name).

And after that comes the title (Baron Dorado / Baronesa Dorada for 2nd gens, Conde Dorado/Condesa Dorada for 3rd gens and so on).

To leave myself headspace for shuffling around, I will not name them until at least the next generation is completely done, though. Because if I get refusals halfway down the line, I don't want the pattern to get messed up.

So I'll have to deal with the codes for a while longer...

Still, only 3 more 2nd gen eggs to go... user posted image

Edited by Lastalda

smile.gif I love the naming system. You are wise not to name them too soon, though, if you want matching pair names. I made that mistake with my splits once and then the intended couple refused to co-operate!

OK! I could breed them my Thursday evening, DC Thursday afternoon. After that only on Saturday as I have to travel back home. I'll check here for your go ahead.

Great naming scheme. Any wishes for this boy's name?