jazz

Unkown Bands

Hah, I remember when Owl City was just a little band on MySpace.. And now look where they are?

I believe every band has the right to be recognised whatever genre they are:

List some of the bands that seem to not get enough love. (;

- Madina Lake.

- Mayday Parade.

Edited by jazz

The Levellers. smile.gif They've got a totaly devoted fan base, but the mainstream press seems to hate them (to be fair it's mutual these days) so they don't get shouted about as much as I think they should. Although I am biased myself...

Hah, I remember when Owl City was just a little band on MySpace.. And now look where they are?

I believe every band has the right to be recognised whatever genre they are:

List some of the bands that seem to not get enough love. (;

- Madina Lake.

- Mayday Parade.

- Sum 41.

Sum 41 should not be on that list. While I love them too, they are very, very popular.

Superpowerless - an awesome 8-bit / techno band with almost all songs about video games and / or robots. They also have a lot of great techno covers.

repetitive, but awesome.

great techno cover of Smooth Criminal. No vocals, but it seriously sounds like video game music, while still being recognizable as the song it is.

The Rakes.

+1

HeyHiHello! - they're an unsigned techno band with an ep out on iTunes.

The Pigeon Detectives - a British indie band, who's music is (sadly) unavailable (outside of file-sharing programs) in the US.

Louden Swain

Guster

Barenaked Ladies

Breaking Benjamin (Not unheard of, but definitely deserves more love)

Placebo (See Breaking Benjamin)

Sum 41 should not be on that list. While I love them too, they are very, very popular.

Fair enough, But from what I know, theyre not very popular where I live.

Edited by jazz

8,178,519 views on their song

. And close to that on a ton of their other songs. That's not unknown or underrated.

Meanwhile Wait A Minute by YourCodeNameIs:Milo has 3,089.

That's over 2,647 times as many views. The song, and band, I linked to is unknown and underrated. Sum 41 is not. At all.

8,178,519 views on their song
. And close to that on a ton of their other songs. That's not unknown or underrated.

Ohkay, I feel slightly stupid now. D:

Placebo are hardly small fry. They've played high in the listing on the Main Stage at Reading! Heck they play Reading almost every year, and I know for a fact one of their songs has been in a movie soundtrack (Every You Every Me - which was featured in Crual Intentions).

The last three on your list are incredibly well known, at least where I'm from in the States.

As I said, not unheard of. I know no one where I live who listens to these bands, except for my best friend. I can go up to anyone in my school and ask them if they know these bands, and they will say no.

Barenaked Ladies

Breaking Benjamin (Not unheard of, but definitely deserves more love)

Have all three bands on my iTunes.

Hmm. I have dial-up, so I can't look up good music very often. *has nothing to contribute*

Within Temptation. They're like a combination of Evanescence and Metallica's symphony album. "What Have You Done Now," "Destroyed," "The Howling," "Hand of Sorrow," "Final Destination" and "The Truth Beneath the Rose" are sheer musical perfection.

Five Finger Death Punch also deserves more attention. They're one of those rare bands that can combine melody with intensely angry screaming and make it sound good.

Wow, Within Temptation is actually popular outside of Europe? They're certainly unknown where I live. I've never heard them on the radio, never seen their videos on TV, never seen their CDs in any store other than Hot Topic and never met anyone outside of my family who had heard of them before. I'm glad to hear they're getting recognition elsewhere. Maybe it'll spread to my part of the East Coast soon

Anyone ever heard of VAST (Visual Audio Sensory Theater)? They were somewhat popular ten years ago. Their lead singer, Jon Crosby, has some pretty good solo music too.

Tonic.

HIM (Kinda creepy, but their musical style is great.)

I don't think Sick Puppies are relatively unheard of now, although they were when I discovered them.

And how about Lacuna Coil? I don't know if they're popular or not, but they should be.