Dr. Paine

Description comments

*zips in and waves*

Well, Sweetlings are the best dragons ever! I don't usually describe any of my dragons either, but my Sweetlings are some of the special cases.

Ohgod that means I have to write 35 new descriptions soon, nuuu.....

The funny thing is, I can't stand Sweetling adults - they remind me of hairless cats. laugh.gif But the hatchlings are just too darned adorable to pass up. happy.gif

Here's another description I wrote for my male Purple just this morning. The very first comment is exactly what I was hoping for. biggrin.gif

"At first glance there doesn't seem to be anything particularly special about Hum Drum: he has average intelligence, strength and magical ability. However, beneath a slew of average abilities is an exceptionally loyal, kind, and helpful heart. He's the kind of dragon who will do anything for his friends and will always pull through in a crisis. He spends his days doing menial tasks that the other dragons are simply too busy to do. He is eager to please and basks in the praise of the dragons he looks up to."

Accept: /) wink.gif

Accept: Spikeeeeey wikey! ~D

(\ cool.gif

Edit: Lol Dimar. laugh.gif

Edited by ssumppg

Well, I was bored and decided to do some work on descriptions again.

So, here's a comment that I got on one of my newer descriptions (after I fixed up a few mistakes and fixed a misgendering issue... -__-) :

A quiet and gentle dragon, Nightmare is one of the many dragons that comprise the Twili Clan. Many passersby often ask Kim or one of the other Twili dragons why his name is 'Nightmare' instead of something more fitting. The reason is that, despite the name seeming to be deceptive at first glance, it becomes very fitting once Nightmare is upset or angry.

By which, if he is in either of those two rather unstable emotional states, they probably should stay out of his line of sight for a few days. For, once he is in that unstable state, he has been known to curse anyone within a good 50 feet of his eyesight with vicious, seemingly real nightmares for months on end. These are progressively worse should one encounter him in the realm held by his clan. Fortunately, this is very rare, so most don't worry about it.

Whenever he isn't helping out the locals in an area, Nightmare often spends most of his time practicing some control over his powers with some of his fellow clan members.

User Comments

Accept: * gives thumbs up* -.exe

Thanks... ummm... By chance, who goes by the signature of .exe?

http://dragcave.net/lineage/YaDDA (code named!)

Trotsky's YaDDA YaDDA YaDDA

YaDDA has an annoying habit of sucking on her front toes. She'll sit in  the corner of the cave and suck all day if left alone. When any of the other dragons says anything about it, she stops sucking for a moment, replies "Yadda, yadda, yadda" and immediately starts up again. YaDDA can usually be located by following the sticky paw print she leaves when she actually walks anywhere, her wings being too small to allow her to fly.

Accept: Too adorable!

Accept:

Accept: Hmm, both yuck and cute. x3 ~D

Accept:

From Glitterball Pilluf's description, which is trapped in purgatory.

Glitterball has one quirk about her; she is oddly obsessed with glitter. She isn't picky, really; if it sparkles, she'll take it. She often dusts shiny powder and the like into her fur, which it quickly catches in, eventually making her appear as a mobile, fluffy glitterball; hence her name. She had also been known to take plucked-out scales from the resident Lumina, bells, and other little trinkets, which she ties into her coat. She tends to be particularly bad around Christmas; most can recall one incident when the cave was terrorized by a giggling ball of fluff and jingle bells.

Accept: Tihihi biggrin.gif -H (me imagines this dragon hugging a vampire resulting in a vamp no one takes serious)

I'm not sure who H is, but thank you!

Germanium is an exceptionally bright dragon with a lot of potential, which he however chooses not to apply much. Though a brilliant mathematical and logical thinker, he has always been rather peculiar in some of his habits, somewhat detached from other dragons, and not at all good at working under pressure. The Periodic Clan's leaders once attempted to suppress these traits of his by employing him as one of the Clan's major strategists. However, the job merely brought them out more, eventually causing poor Germanium to collapse completely. Despite the leaders' pleas, he resigned, leaving the post to his younger brother Silicon. Now that he's accepted as he is and left with just smaller tasks to do at his own pace, Germanium couldn't be happier, no matter how many other dragons consider this a waste of his abilities.

Accept: I like him! Cute. smile.gif ~D

Accept:

Thanks!!! :3

It's an ordinary nice comment (and I hereby thank Dimar for bothering to put at least a few words to my million periodics). However, it's made better by the fact that Germanium is my aspie dragon (I only hinted at it in the desc but yeah he's most definitely right there on the spectrum) and I love him to bits. *snuggles him* I have minor Asperger's myself so yeah... I ended up giving Germanium my ideal happy ending. ^^' Besides it being a chemistry reference of course.

Edited by Orlageddon

So I did a handful of Zones of Thought (Vernor Vinge) homages the other day, and they're really showing me that homages are (as I've always suspected from my roleplaying context) my strength. I write far more smoothly when I'm just twisting or expanding an idea than if I'm trying to conjure something up from scratch.

Anyway, description comments! smile.gif

Godshatter considers herself to be a crippled oracle, the severed voice and avatar of a true deity. Even with no objectively discernible deficit of perception, she finds herself occasionally abruptly disoriented in the world around her - explaining her discomposure as a feeling of having been stunted, stripped of senses she cannot even begin to describe. Her skull is full of disconnected wisdom, cryptic even to her. Occasionally, she'll despair at her lack of understanding of her own actions and advice, deeply concerned that the recipe may be incomplete, like a building without foundation - but so far, her deeds and advice have always been valuable to others.

Godshatter herself is unconvinced she's more than a soulless, fragmental library of a transcendental being, an outlook that's rendered her pathologically introverted, fed only further by her certainty that some day, guided by all that she doesn't comprehend, she'll make a terrible and irreversible mistake.

Accept: interesting smile.gif -H

Accept: I know it's like "god shatter" but I keep reading it as "gods hatter". xd.png ~D

Accept: I do like reading your descriptions. smile.gif

@anonymous: Thank you! user posted image

@Dimar: Well, you know. She's mad enough to be a hatter! wink.gif So presumably that also fits!

But credit where credit is due, the term isn't my invention, it's from A Fire Upon The Deep by Vernor Vinge, and it describes... well, what you can read there, really. tongue.gif Except it's less belief and more something that actually happens, whenever a creature natively from the Transcend tries to cram a bunch of information into the skull of someone in the Beyond. (That goes as well as you'd expect and a bit of an overload frequently occurs.)

Like many of his kin, Tomas Nau is fascinated by toxins beyond his own. Having grown up in an Arsani community, Tomas has often considered how he might use his talents to further their purposes, enamoured by the smooth way that their society functions. Unfortunately, he has none of their empathy - and he's discovered precisely how to use various neurotoxins to subdue dragons and turn them into soulless tools, altering their neurochemistry so they take their joy out of one task, and one task alone. He considers his actions a glorious art, a delicate pruning of unnecessary thoughts, creating members of society that contribute far more efficiently than a normal dragon would.

Some part of him must be fully aware of his own malice, however - he only picks on wild strays, dragons that have lost their clan, twisting them into little more than zombies in the absence of lucid witnesses. It's been a long time since anyone sane has seen him and returned to tell the tale.

Accept: Creepy. o_O ~D

Accept: That's slightly disturbing. Well-written, but disturbing. Nice work.

@anonymous: Thank you! (Though, see below~.)

@Dimar: If I ever find enough muse, I hope to write a lot more creepy descriptions. I adore creepiness in fiction. I have some traits of a full-on addict. laugh.gif

I guess that description has the potential of being one huge spoiler. If not, let me put the nail in that particular coffin. (I guess my quota of enemies isn't met yet!) Tomas Nau is a character from A Deepness In The Sky by Vernor Vinge and he's... exactly that creepy. He does pretty much exactly the same things, except he's not a dragon - and a virus and 'programmers' do the neurotoxin part of the shenanigans... but he's a true believer in, uh, human automation, and a grade A control freak.

I like him.

I mean, I'd punch him in the face if he was real, but as a character, he's fantastic.

So, again, credit where credit is due...

Neither of these are my ideas. *catapults all praise onto Vinge*

(I wrote a third homage, Balacrea, an Arsani taking a similar but more consensual slant on the Tomas Nau idea (Tomas Nau in A Deepness In The Sky is from a planet called Balacrea), but there aren't any exciting comments on that one. ninja.gif )

Edited by pinkgothic

Tungsten is an adventurous kind of dragon who fears no mystery, especially fond of exploring the deepest underground caves and other such places other dragons would be afraid to even enter. He's tough and sturdy, able to withstand extreme conditions of almost any kind, not limited to his mountainous home; with incredible determination, he's crossed vast, scorching deserts and watched volcanoes erupt up close.

Having spent a lot of time with a wolfpack as a hatchling, Tungsten retains an unusual affinity with these animals. There's a rumor going around that he's a shapeshifter, one whose dragon form changes into that of a wolf every full moon; but like Tellurium the Nocturne being a vampire hunter, this is probably another one of the Catalysts' fantastic stories with no basis in reality. Probably.

Accept:

Accept:

Accept: OMG A GOOD DESCRIPTION AFTER GETTING NOTHING BUT ONE-LINERS AND SPAM FOR THREE DAYS I LOVE YOU ORLAGEDDON ~D

Accept:

LOL I'm... glad you liked it that much xd.png *has a new reason to keep writing these*

I don't write descriptions all that often, but here's a few whose comments made me laugh. XD

This dragon, while beloved by the hatchlings of his owner's cave, is not quite as well received by the adults. He has a habit of singing simple, yet catchy, often repetitive songs, such as his favorite, that starts like 'I love you, you love me...'. His owner tolerates this as his songs, games, and stories keep the young ones occupied and (mostly) out of trouble.

User Comments

•Accept: Yay for corrections :) -H

•Accept: They are a happy family. -Ƭ

•Accept:

•Accept: ...gah! Now I have an earbug. And that's the best reference to the colour purple I've seen in a while. *snickers* XD -pg

•Accept: Very nice! ~PG

•Accept:

•Accept: Maybe you could take out the part in parentheses, but other than that, it's good.~Zel

•Accept: AAAAAAA!!! NO! *tries vainly to shake song out of head* ~K

•Accept: Good

•Accept: Ergh no, anything but that song D: ~D

•Accept: Interesting -Jay

•Accept: Lol, Barney based dragon XD

I was bored one day, and running out of name ideas, so I thought.. "Why not?" and of course I had to give him a properly referenced description. Hehehe...

This dragon is always running. He hardly ever sits still, not even to stargaze, and as a result his markings are quite dull. No, it's not because he likes to exercise; the reason he rushes about is because he insistently claims that things called 'zombies' and 'demons' are after him. No one else in his cave has seen these creatures, nor even heard of them except for his cries of "THE DEMON ZOMBIES ARE COMING!" as he zooms past them.

User Comments

•Accept: Tihihi :D -H

•Accept: You should get a zombie dragon in your cave. XD

•Accept: Crazeh. ~D

•Accept:

This one may seem random and nonsensical, but when I caught him as an egg from the AP, I went poking through his lineage and was quite taken with his mother's name and grandparent's descriptions, so I decided to continue the theme. (: And to the person who didn't sign off- I would if I could, but I don't like killing off my dragons. Besides if I did, then all his caterwauling would actually make sense. o.o! (And I don't want that. XD)

A very prim and proper dragon, Flowerytea's favorite pastime is hosting elaborate tea parties, complete with fancy outfits and even etiquette lessons for those who need them. (Which is everyone, according to her. There are very few who she considers truly civilized.) Though physically a male, this dragon has felt from a very young age that she is truly a female, leading her to ask her owner to bestow upon her a name that reflects her feminine nature. Most of her cavemates see no issue with this, but there are a few who shun her because of it. Like the rest of her breed, she loves to eat butterflies, but only the bodies, as she dislikes the taste and texture of the wings. It all works out though, as she uses those to make lovely decorations and centerpieces for her parties.

User Comments

•Reject:

•Accept: Lovely! ~D

•Accept: hahahaha,

This one came about because I thought he was a girl when I first named him (I name my dragons as soon as (Or as close as I can to) they gender) and rather than try to find another name I liked that fit a male and was available, I went this route instead. Honestly I was expecting more negative feedback than I got, so that's nice. ^-^

According to the gossips Catalysts, who may have been snooping around where they shouldn't have, some shady experiments have been going on in the distant, deserted region called the Seventh Period. A group of dragons, they say, has been working to defy nature and create life out of inorganic matter using a mysterious kind of magic; scarily enough, they even have results to show for it. Hassium, along with several others, is sadly one of the less viable ones. The researchers had many outlandish plans for 'his' qualities that they encoded into Hassium's basic body structure, including him being very large and strong, even twice as big as the so-far unrivaled Osmium, should he ever reach maturity. However, as all life created through this underdeveloped method is of a fleeting, unstable nature, the small and fragile hatchling will likely never know life outside the Seventh Period research facility.

Reject: That first line doesn't make sense.

Accept: Very good! smile.gif ~D

Accept:

Thanks. But, thing is I haven't figured out what exactly to fix there. Maybe the sentence is kinda sloppy, like mine tend to be, but I found it understandable. Maybe if I:

According to the gossips called Catalysts, who may have been snooping around where they shouldn't have, some shady experiments have been going on in the distant, deserted region called the Seventh Period.

Reposted it like this, but I honestly don't know so tell me if I left a glaring error there. xd.png (Besides that I now have "called" twice in there. Oopsie...)

/got a bit insecure over here, don't mind me

I realized later who the Catalysts were when they showed up in another description, but yes, that correction works well!

This one's for you, Dimar laugh.gif

Wankel Engine likes writing clever one-liners and artful poetry. They are not actually "clever" or "artful" or "poetry" by any definition except hers, and she writes them on the records of other dragons, who cross the unwelcome text out when she's through. Her writings are either unsatisfactorily brief and without much substance, or riddled with errors and clearly written to annoy - a pain to read but at least mercifully short. During times she isn't sleeping, hunting, or invading documents, Wankel Engine toys with old metal parts. As she sticks them together into complicated contraptions, she thinks of new things to write.

Accept: I think I've run into some descriptions she's written. x.x ~D

Accept:

Accept:

I realized later who the Catalysts were when they showed up in another description, but yes, that correction works well!

Thought that was it. Thanks! :3 (I need this and fast...)

Wimbledon Tennismatch, over a few decades, perfected this game that involves hitting a hollow ball back and forth across a net on flat ground using netted paddles. The first area she flattened and built nets over became ten separate courts with a net in each. Only dragons who can run on two limbs or levitate the framed stick with magic could play, but those who couldn't tended not to see much worth in this sport.  Once her game was developed enough and had enough years behind it, Wimbledon finally decided to call it "Ten-nets", in honor of her first playing areas, rather than "Hit the Ball with Egg-shaped Frame Strung with Cord over a Net Hoping Your Opponent Can't Hit It Back Game".

Accept:

Accept: LOL but that first name is so much fun. xd.png ~D

Accept:

So... I also have dragons named Bandersnatch Cummerbund, Bendystraw Candlestand, and Bendandsnap Calldispatch. I am not ashamed. Or proud.

So... I also have dragons named Bandersnatch Cummerbund, Bendystraw Candlestand, and Bendandsnap Calldispatch. I am not ashamed. Or proud.

Pride seems like the appropriate emotion to feel, mind you. laugh.gif

For all her distance in bloodline to Count Montague, Countess Azel is nonetheless a pure Montague at heart. She takes all the purported ideals of the family literally and adheres to the spirit of the (unspoken) law, even treating Capulets she comes across with respect as long as they don't try to physically attack her. While this stubborn adherence to family values comes across as patronising to some, Azel truly believes it virtuous and means no harm to vampire kind with her point of view. Her outlook has Count Secundus in particular sneering at her behind her back - but perhaps he doesn't realise just how cunning and cruel she can be when pushed just the right way, when her so precious composure finally snaps, however exceedingly rare the event. Nonetheless, she's one of the weaker Montagues, largely owing to her lack of thralls and tendency to inoffensively mooch off those of other Montagues, giving her no steady source of power, forcing her rely chiefly on the element of surprise.

Accept:

Accept:

Accept: Great! ~D

Abstain: *to rely. Other than that, it is good. =)

...that last one. xd.png Argh. Argh. I don't know how I missed that. (I don't know how Dimar missed that, either.) The worst thing? I've only got two characters left. Time to rewrite the sentence. laugh.gif

Frustration aside - thanks very much for the help, anonymous! user posted image

Edit: I fixed it. smile.gif

Edited by pinkgothic

This really made my day:

My description (it's for my winter magi)

The comments

It really cheered me up and now I feel all bubbly and warm inside! To be honest, I thought that was one of my worst descriptions haha tongue.gif Best of all though, it's made me feel motivated to write more descriptions biggrin.gif

Oooh, I was the one who accepted it a thousand times!! wink.gif That was such a good description!! biggrin.gif

On

Be Careful What You Wish For:

"It might just come true..." Careful is always wishing for things. He'll wish upon stars, on fallen leaves, on stray scales he finds in his travels. He figures there's no harm in wishing. After all, if no one ever knows what he wants, he'll never get anything. If he makes wishes, they might just come true. Most days, though, his wishes are always the same wish: "I wish my name was Jimmy."

Accept: what

Only one comment so far, and since I can't find any typos involving the word what, I'm guessing that was a question! His code is JcMMY! xd.png

Edited by Lagie

Kimlla, an Ochredrake:

Other dragons collect gold and jewels, or trophies of old enemies like broken swords and old armor. Kimlla instead collects facts, random tidbits of information that most consider to be worthless. She knows why the sky is blue, where the moon goes during the day, how many licks it takes to get to the center of a candy pop, and why Ember dragons don't like cheese, among many other useless things. But as much as she delights collecting them, she likes sharing them even more, much to her clanmates' dismay. Most conversations with her are one sided, so much so that she often continues talking so long that dragons tend to walk away from her halfway through. She doesn't seem to mind, however; as much as she knows she isn't very smart. She sees herself as sort of prophet, enlightening others with her endless knowledge and making countless lives better.

Accept: Why don't Embers like cheese? I'm curious. tongue.gif ~D

Accept:

I... have absolutely no idea. I just needed one more silly thing. xd.png

Edorn, an Olive (code is edorn):

To some, names are simply a verbal description and are as changing as they are. Others spend months of soul-searching to find the perfect arrangement of letters and sounds to fully capture all aspects of themselves. But Edorn new who he was from the moment he hatched, keeping the random code assigned to all new hatchlings as his permanent title. Few do this, as codes are often unpronounceable jumbles or even words that are inappropriate to speak aloud, but Edorn fell in love with his. Those five characters, he says, are everything he is: simplistic and hardened but with a softer edge that is quite visible but rarely dominant.

He has devoted much of his life to the study of names and their powers, and often seeks to help those who cannot seem to accurately put a word to who they are. But because of his callous exterior, few approach him without need, leaving him a loner within his own clan.

Accept: Sweet! Nice way to incorporate the codes. ~D

Falstaof, an autumn Seasonal:

Falstaof is an amateur cooking enthusiast with dreams of being the head chef at a expansive palace with a crew of hundreds at his disposal and even more awaiting his delicious meals. Unfortunately, his dreams of splendor couldn't be farther from the truth. He lives in a small clan that survives from the fallen nuts and smaller animals that are plentiful during their patron season and don't appreciate his attempts to turn their meals into art. He has tried making other dishes with materials traded from a nearby human market, but his last dish didn't turn out so well... his noodles turned a pale purple and carried a faint lavender scent. This failure has become his most famous, jokingly referred to as "Cooking Adventures, Chapter 17: Falstaof and the Lavender Noodles."

Accept: OK I need to let Dimar tell me that story in full biggrin.gif -H

Accept: Lavender noodles sound very interesting. I'd try them. biggrin.gif

Accept: But they were so yummy anyway! xd.png ~D

Inspired by Descripdoom craziness (the actual noodles didn't turn lavender! xd.png). LOL too the second comment!

Reonry, a red Stripe:

"I've always pitied the trees. Their roots are too deep and they don't even have wings to fly. Everything's always the same."

Many years ago, Reonry spent his days wandering aimlessly across the land, in search of little more than an adventure and a good time. But he got wrapped up in a heated conflict between a human city and a colony of wild dragons, imagining himself as one of the giant fire-breathing monsters that populate human tales rather than the diminutive little Stripe he is. During one skirmish, a stray arrow pierced the hide on his leg, giving him a crippling limp and binding him to one home (he never was a strong flyer). He is now a guard of a major trade city, where he sees people and dragons from every corner of the world... and laments to every bright young adventurer about his misfortune of taking an arrow to the knee. He's become somewhat of a joke; many parodies of his favorite phrase have been coined, though few understand Reonry is the only one who isn't joking.

Accept:

Accept: Haha, nice. ~D

And this is what happens when I try to write a funny description. >.< At least it made one person laugh!

Edited by HawktalonOfRiverClan

For http://dragcave.net/lineage/zUa5v

"You have seven days."

Highly sadistic and tactically-minded, Twister is largely avoided by both the Vampire and Nebula factions despite her combat prowess and cunning. The reason for this is, quite frankly, she scares them. Referring to herself as the "Game Master", she enjoys giving other dragons seemingly random tasks with strict time limits. Over a seven-day period, the other dragons must meet these time limits or face death. Nothing has ever been proven- the losing dragons simply vanish. Even a few Vampires have fallen prey to this.

On the seventh day, the dragons are given the task to defeat Twister in battle. None have yet succeeded.

Despite all of this, she isn't overly aggressive. In fact, she will simply keep watch for the first six days, or when she isn't running a "game". Twister can even be described as "peaceful" when there isn't a game to run, or when interacting with dragons not in her game. One could say she leads a double life.

Accept:

Accept: Interesting. And a bit creepy. o_O ~D

Accept:

Accept:

Seriously, does nobody get the reference?! xd.png

Now That's Better Trotsky:

Now is always comparing things. She compares apples with oranges, peanut butter with jelly, eggs with eggs. Nothing in the cave is safe!

No one ever knows why she decides upon the one she does, but they always know she's decided because she can be heard clucking, "Now that's better, Trotsky."

User Comments

Accept: A bizarre little bird... - MC1

Accept: Haha, that's cute. xd.png ~D

Trotsky's Nuggets and Fries:

"Nuggets and fries. Nuggets and fries. I'm gonna get me some nuggets and fries! Nuggets and fries, and fries, and fries."

Nug sings this little ditty day in and day out. It's driving the other chickens, and the dragons, insane, for once they hear her, they find themselves singing it, too. It doesn't help that most of them mishear her and leave everyone wondering why she would want rocks and religious figures as food.

User Comments

Accept: I love this! Very creative and entertaining.

Accept:

Accept: LOL very funny. ~D

Accept:

Chickens are such fun to describe! xd.png

Two spirals short of a storm, is in a way one of the most calmest of the storm dragons. He is not easily angered but he's very easily excited, so much so that it easy to think he has the dragon form of ADHD. Because of the fact that he was easily excited and he was a storm dragon, his owner used to call him two spirals short of a storm when he was a hatchling and the name just stuck.

Abstain: no comma after the dragon's name in the first line --- you have a stray the in the last line

Abstain: Delete the comma in the first sentence, after his name. *name just ~D

Don't quite gets these comments as should there a comma there or not? The dragon in question is called two spirals short of a storm, so if there is meant to be a comma there, then there is one there.

There is not supposed to be a comma after his name.

The sentence would be

Linda is shopping

NOT

Linda, is shopping.

You don't put a comma between the subject and the verb.

Both of those comments are saying to delete the comma. And oops, I just saw more errors that I forgot to point out. I don't see the stray "the" though...

It shouldn't be "most calmest". It should just be "Two spirals short of a storm is in a way one of the calmest of the storm dragons." You should also say "that it's easy".

So I sometimes want to reply to comments but there's no way to do so. Thankfully, we have at least this thread. tongue.gif

Philosophers' Stone, known by dozens upon dozens of different names in many languages, is allegedly a glorious, divine dragon. Among his mystical powers is the ability to turn any sort of metal into gold and any sort of common crystal into a gemstone. He is said to hold the secret to eternal life as well, bestowing it upon those he graciously visits. Even a scale from his wing has magical power; simply touching one will heal wounds and diseases, and its glow never fades, not even in a thousand years.

While all of this is amazing without a doubt, nobody has ever seen Philosophers' Stone in person - not even the human alchemists who so vigorously defend his existence and even claim to know how to summon him. Some of the more old-fashioned or naive elementals still believe the old legend, while others (such as Gold, unsurprisingly) view it as nothing but an interesting story to tell to hatchlings.

Accept: It's a nice one.I would guess the idea of Philosophers' Stone came from HP. -A

Nope, straight from alchemy. *lives under a rock and has never read HP* Thanks for reading and commenting, though! :3 (Who's A, btw?)

Yes I'm totally involving alchemy with the Periodic Clan lol

we *are* in a world with magic after all, although this one is still iffy - if he existed, he'd be a MAJOR Mary Sue haha

ETA:

Sodium is perhaps a bit unusual for a Blacktip. While she lives by the ocean and would never exchange the beautiful view and salty breeze for anything in the whole world, she is terrified of the actual water. Since hatchlinghood, she's refused to fly above the sea, or even a river or lake, for fear of falling in and drowning. This phobia is shared by all of her siblings to some extent, one of whom is also a Blacktip, and so far the cause is unclear. Even worse for Sodium is that she's very meticulous when it comes to cleanliness, but in order to properly clean her cave, she would need lots of freshwater - which she absolutely won't go fetch from the river, and others don't always have the time and energy to carry buckets all the way to her home. Luckily, she is creative and has, with some help from Boron, made new kinds of soap which require the absolute minimum of water.

Accept: Hmm, is it because she'll dissolve? (Does it dissolve? I know no chemistry. xd.png) ~D

Close - it explodes! xd.png Throwing little bits of sodium into water is one of my favourite experiments. Simple yet interesting, although we're understandably not allowed to toss big chunks in, since we'd blow up the lab. (The tiny pieces just roll across the surface quickly while hissing, it's kind of cute really.) And all other alkali metals (lithium, potassium, et cetera) do the same thing; they react with water to form their respective hydroxides and hydrogen. Lots of heat is also generated, which then sometimes sets the hydrogen on fire. Thus, explosions!

/ramble

Edited by Orlageddon

On a Fever wyvern:

Zakil is a notorious monster mostly known by one name: Question Mark, the Destroyer of Worlds. The origin of this nickname refers to the shape of his tail barbs, but it is unknown how exactly he received such an ominous title. Few dare to even say his true name aloud. He has been banned from most cities, and lives by himself in a cave deep in the jungle, lost in his studies. Whenever approached, which is rarely, he acts friendly enough, if a bit withdrawn -- giving no indication to his malevolent title. The mystery surrounding Zakil has added to the populace's fear, creating many legends as to what he did that threatened the safety of an entire world. The most popular is that he created some sort of mutant bacteria from his own strain and released it, creating hordes of undead from those who perished from the disease, but for whatever reason, question marks have become almost taboo to use in most cultures because of him.

Accept: *laughs* Maybe some day we'll be allowed to include them! ~ L

Accept: AHAHHAHA HAWKTALON! This is great. x3 ~D

Mission. Accomplished. xd.png (It's a Descripdoom joke, to those who were wondering.)