Dr. Paine

Description comments

@brairtrainer: That comment sounds funny to me. It's similar to when people type "your" instead of "you're".

"Homosexual is offending" ... offending what? Offending whom?

Edited by Flérida_Pagan

@brairtrainer: That comment sounds funny to me. It's similar to when people type "your" instead of "you're".

"Homosexual is offending" ... offending what? Offending whom?

I'm more surprised that they commented that and accpted...but Tar the Bitten's description was approved so no worries

I'm more surprised that they commented that and accpted...but Tar the Bitten's description was approved so no worries

That does seem incredibly odd. Why approve it, if your comment is negative? Also, why are homosexual pixels so offensive? rolleyes.gif Oh well. Please, excuse me while I go description troll the reject trolls.

I got a phantom reject on a pending description so I came up with this pillow gal. I think she pokes fun at everyone fairly equally, and has gotten some really awesome accept comments.

"One may frequently hear criticism, warranted or not, and most are able to accept it after listening to the reason behind it. However, if no reason is given for negativity, one can become irritable and lash out at innocent bystanders. This is exceptionally perilous when there are dragons involved, as even the wee Pygmy can cause a great deal of damage. That is exactly what the farcical fluff ball known as Reject Button loves to incite. Despite her bulk, she is remarkably stealthy and relishes any opportunity to sneak up on a human or fellow dragon hard at work and shriek into their consciousness, "REJECTED." Then, immediately dart to a hiding spot nearby. She can't linger there long, however, because she finds the alarm and confusion of her victims hilarious as they try to locate who nixed their work and why. And so, when she is not actively tormenting other living beings, she spends her time rolling on her back in a field until she laughs herself to sleep."

* Accept: I love this. I like how the first part touches base on how people need to stop being so easily upset if they want to be taken seriously, and the last part makes clever reference to the sprite's pose.

* Accept: The personality of this Pillow is amazingly given life by your words. I salute you!

Thank you so much to both of you. wub.gif I seriously blushed when I read them.

Edited by smurfettedoesnotshare

That does seem incredibly odd. Why approve it, if your comment is negative? Also, why are homosexual pixels so offensive? rolleyes.gif Oh well. Please, excuse me while I go description troll the reject trolls.

I got a phantom reject on a pending description so I came up with this pillow gal. I think she pokes fun at everyone fairly equally, and has gotten some really awesome accept comments.

"One may frequently hear criticism, warranted or not, and most are able to accept it after listening to the reason behind it. However, if no reason is given for negativity, one can become irritable and lash out at innocent bystanders. This is exceptionally perilous when there are dragons involved, as even the wee Pygmy can cause a great deal of damage. That is exactly what the farcical fluff ball known as Reject Button loves to incite. Despite her bulk, she is remarkably stealthy and relishes any opportunity to sneak up on a human or fellow dragon hard at work and shriek into their consciousness, "REJECTED." Then, immediately dart to a hiding spot nearby. She can't linger there long, however, because she finds the alarm and confusion of her victims hilarious as they try to locate who nixed their work and why. And so, when she is not actively tormenting other living beings, she spends her time rolling on her back in a field until she laughs herself to sleep."

* Accept: I love this. I like how the first part touches base on how people need to stop being so easily upset if they want to be taken seriously, and the last part makes clever reference to the sprite's pose.

* Accept: The personality of this Pillow is amazingly given life by your words. I salute you!

Thank you so much to both of you. wub.gif I seriously blushed when I read them.

I just got a description accepted that was like that xd.png sounds fun that there are two reject dragons hanging around

I just got a description accepted that was like that xd.png sounds fun that there are two reject dragons hanging around

Reject dragon fist bump. lol.

Submitted quite few descriptions last night, some more silly than others, and I'm especially fond of these two.

Caution Extremely Offensive

Caution Extremely Offensive is so named because she is a lesbian. Apparently, being a lesbian is the worst crime a dragon can commit. Caution Extremely Offensive doesn't see it that way, and luckily, neither does Caution Extremely Hot, an asexual Ember dragon. Caution Extremely Offensive was originally planning to hide her sexuality from the other dragons of her realm, until she heard Caution Extremely Hot being ostracized. The other dragons claimed homosexuality is pure evil, an affront to all dragons, a crime against nature and anachronistic for the time in which they live. Never mind the fact that Caution Extremely Hot was incredibly kind and asexual, not homosexual. Neither of them will forget the Caution Extremely Offensive announced she was a lesbian. Partially because of how most other creatures rejected them without cause, and partially because they had found security, friendship and, most importantly, acceptance in one another.

User Comments

Accept: I'm glad she's open about this despite the ignorance of others. I really like this dragon (and her friend)! Good description, Smurfette. -Flerida

Accept:

Reject: Overreaction?

I find that reject just adorable for some reason. I can't find anywhere in my description where I overreact to anything.

Caution Extremely Hot

Most Ember dragons produce a smouldering heat that can be very pleasant on a chilled Winter morn. However, Caution Extremely Hot is, well, extremely hot. He's stiflingly hot to the point where the air around him shimmers from the heat, and snow quickly turns to steam at his feet. The other dragons of the realm call Caution Extremely Hot an abomination and level atrocious slurs at him. Worst of all, the shun him because he will not take a mate. They say his over-heated condition is caused by homosexuality and say it is an affront to all dragons, a crime against nature and anachronistic for the time. Caution Extremely Hot has tried to tell them that he is really asexual, and has no desire to mate or start a romance; but he has given it up. Whether he loves another male dragon, a female dragon or no one at all, is none of their business. Luckily, he avoids complete loneliness in his sole friend and fellow outcast, Caution Extremely Offensive - a lesbian Lumina dragon.

User Comments

Accept: Ah, so this is Hot. He sounds like a pretty awesome dragon. Power to him and his lady friend! -Flerida

Accept:

Thank you, Flerida and the anonymous accepters for taking the time to read my horribly long descriptions. I wrote these specifically because so many heartfelt LGBTA dragon descriptions get so much hate.

Now how in the world did I manage to break the quote tags? : blink.gif Fixed it.

Edited by smurfettedoesnotshare

Those are both great descriptions, smurfette! biggrin.gif (You have a typo in the second one, though -- "Worst of all, the shun him because he will not take a mate.")

Despite having no gender, Monsieur insists he's male and ignores anyone who suggests otherwise.  He's often been seen walking away from other dragons with his claws over his ears and his eyes rolling when they try to convince him that he's genderless. He figures if he's happy, it really oughtn't to be their concern. It's not as though he's out there hurting anyone.

Monsieur has a fondness for butterflies and is always trying to collect caterpillars so he can watch them metamorphose first into pupae and then into butterflies. He often dreams he is a butterfly and then, when he's awake, he finds himself thinking perhaps he's a butterfly dreaming he's a dragon.

Accept: I like this little guy, I'm glad he's given himself an identity and doesn't care what others think.

Accept: I'm not sure if Mints have claws, but it's a well-written description, and gives the little guy plenty of personality.

Thank you, both! smile.gif I'm not sure if mints have claws either, but it sounded better than paws (which made him sound like a stuffed animal...)!

Edited by Lagie

Those are both great descriptions, smurfette! biggrin.gif (You have a typo in the second one, though -- "Worst of all, the shun him because he will not take a mate.")

Accept: I like this little guy, I'm glad he's given himself an identity and doesn't care what others think.

Accept: I'm not sure if Mints have claws, but it's a well-written description, and gives the little guy plenty of personality.

Thank you, both! smile.gif I'm not sure if mints have claws either, but it sounded better than paws (which made him sound like a stuffed animal...)!

Oh crumbs! Fixed and resubmitted. I had to resubmit another one because I wrote "sever" instead of "severe". Massive difference between those two. Thank you so much.

I'm the second accept. smile.gif I couldn't quite figure out where I stood on the claws, but yea, paws do make it sound a bit too cuddly.

I LOVED one of the accept comments I got for this guy:

If there was one thing Fwuff learned during his irresponsible hatchling days, it was that impatience gets you nothing, but if you bide your time, you will almost always get what you want. Fwuff seems like an easy-going dragon, with infinite wealths of patience; it's because he knows that he just needs to bide his time. Some dragon is annoying him; they're probably annoying someone else too, someone who will bit their head off (though probably not literally). He wants to add to his hoard; someone will come around soon enough with a pretty little trade. He wants revenge on that hatchling that teased him in his youth; vengeance will come soon enough. Oh yes. Vengeance will come.

Accept: Waiting things out...like a boss! Good description!

I also got a reject on this one from someone actually recommending changes that were less grammatically correct than my description. Fail. laugh.gif

A healer born of a long line of healers, Choklat Pallor tirelessly works to live up to his illustrious lineage. This means that he sometimes stretches himself thin, trying to master every aspect of healing rather than focusing on a particular skill set. He has proved remarkably adept at every form of healing magic, however, primarily because he hounds whichever dragon is regarded as the master of any given form, begging them to teach him every little secret in their repertoire. Nivea Insons Insontis is frequently concerned that the ambitious drake is going to wear himself out, but so far, Choklat Pallor shows no signs of slowing.

Accept: You go, Glen Coco!

xd.png

Edited by LibbyLishly

LOL

The Glen CoCo one was mine SORRY

"Sorry"? I think it's hysterical. xd.png

Legend in the weyr has it that Grizraz Hearteater was born from the bones of the earth, his egg buried deep within the crypts of the dead. All that is known is the wretched, naked little hatchling, bones jutting out of his blackening skin, crawled into weyr territory one Hallow's Eve. Despite the repulse of most of the dragons, Amaranthe, the Matriach, demanded the hatchling be put into her care. Most thought he was dying, but Grizraz grew and grew, feasting on the bones of long devoured prey. To this day most dragons fear and avoid Grizraz, now large and skeletal with glossy black and burgundy hide, but he surprisingly found a mate in the beautiful hellfire Infernal Hills. Together they have had a large brood of eggs which continues to grow, and more of Grizraz's kind have joined the weyr. He is a devoted mate to Infernal, despite his general hatred for everyone and everything else.

User Comments

Accept:

Accept:

Accept:

Accept: Delicious character.

Accept:

Finally got a comment! He was fun to write about

I wasn't sure where to ask this question and it didn't merit a whole new thread, so I figured I'd ask here.

How, exactly, do I see the comments people have made on my dragon's description?

Click on Actions - Describe, and you'll see the comments below the text box.

user posted image

Edited by Lagie

I wasn't sure where to ask this question and it didn't merit a whole new thread, so I figured I'd ask here.

How, exactly, do I see the comments people have made on my dragon's description?

When you go to your dragon's description page, if the description status still says; "Awaiting Moderation", then you will be able to see the comments people leave on your descriptions. However, not everyone leaves a comment and may just approve, reject, or abstain your description. smile.gif

I should also mention, once your description gets approved all the comments will be removed from your description page.

:o For once I got some comments!

This guy is based on a character in the Maximum Ride books but with a DC spin:

The third member of The Flock, this dragon may seem to have the biggest disadvantage, thanks to his blindness caused by a wizard's experiment gone horribly awry. However, because his injury happened as a small hatchling, his senses of hearing and smell have had ample time to compensate for his lack of sight, making him The Flock's best sentry. His special ability, aside from the speedy healing the others can also do, is that he can "see" the colors of nearby objects by touch rather than sight. It also doesn't prevent him from pulling pranks, often involving fire or explosives, with Gazzycloud, the second-youngest member of the family. He's also the best cook, whipping up culinary masterpieces with almost anything the others bring him, whether it's a fresh kill and ripe fruit, or a 9-day-old carcass and old moss.

User Comments

Accept:

Accept:

Accept:

Accept: I LOL'd at "Gazzycloud"! Great description. Max rocks!

Accept:

Accept: Nice Description

Accept:

Accept:

Accept:

Accept: A.. blind, cooking pyromaniac? That's epic :D

Accept:

To the first commenter, thank you, and whoever you are, you might be interested to know that Gazzycloud is a Brimstone. XD To the second, thank you to you, too. :) And to the third person, yes, yes he is. :3

~~

This dragon, along with several others, are members of an acting troupe who call themselves the Regal Players (RPers for short). Though all of the dragons in the troupe are female,  Sapphirebreeze has no qualms about, and usually prefers, playing any necessary male roles. This is partly because, romantically speaking, she prefers the company of other dragonesses. The other RPers and their fans are very supportive of her, but some of the stodgier dragons in the cave are often demeaning and cruel. When offstage, she is a perfect specimen of her kind; readily able to defend herself and those she loves from any threats, but always advocating for a peaceful resolution first.

User Comments

Accept: I like this dragon a lot, she sounds pretty cool. Nice work!

Accept:

Accept:

Accept:

<3 Thank you so much~ This comment makes me so happy. :') I'm surprised, but thankful *knocks on wood*, that this one doesn't have any Rejects yet, considering how some people are about unconventional descriptions. ... And I probably just jinxed it... XD

Update on Welcome: I got several accepts, including one with the comment "I wish them the best of luck!" Thank you to the person who wrote this, as well as the other accepters. I submitted his description again recently and:

Accept:

Accpet:

Reject:

The Phantom Rejecter strikes again!

Edited by Flérida_Pagan

I still haven't been struck by a phantom reject. I've gotten one calling my dragon obnoxious but OH WELL.

Waldo has a talent for hiding. Despite his bright coloration, he can blend in just about anywhere, and he routinely baffles even skilled trackers and hunters with his ability to disappear from view in the blink of an eye. Waldo mainly uses his talent to get out of unpleasant tasks or situations, which some dragons think a dreadful waste of talent. He could be a masterful spy or dangerous assassin, but Waldo is happier just being part of the scenery.

Accept: Where is the dragon you're speaking of?

Accept: Clever description, nice!

((I was wondering if anyone would get the (obvious to me) reference.))

Charles Montgomery Burns (s1 chick)

Mr. Burns lives in Springfield Caverns (a place where most of the population is yellow, except Apu or Carl). He is owner of the local water mill. He has been accused of illegally dumping flour dust into Springfield Lake, where it forms lumps and attaches itself onto fish, making them look like having a third eye. Unhindered by authorities who are bribed or blackmailed, Mr. Burns' business is going well, making him rich - rich like Nazi Dragons!

Mr. Burns lives in a secluded cave, his assistant Waylan Smithers lending a hand in one thousand mundane tasks, like answering the carrier pigeon or peeling peanuts. Mr. Burns doesn't tolerate trespassers; whenever someone enters his property, he orders Smithers to "release the hounds."

Mr. Burns is a member of the most elitist organizations like the Flying Hellfish, the Stone Cutters - and the "No-Homers." He has a neat wardrobe, a vest made from real gorilla chest standing out.

To friends he's known as Monty but to others it's Mr. Burns!

Accept:

Accept:

Accept:

Accept: xd.png Love the Simpsons references.. How can such a small chicken be so nasty! xd.png

Reject: Interesting. Unfortunately, Dragcave is set during Medieval times, and I'm afraid Mr. Burns is more Modern than we'd like. Great description though.

Jenette Vasquez (s2 chick)

Vasquez is a chick with Mexican cave background. She is a member of the Colonial Marines, a mercenary group consisting of Ochredrakes and chicks. While the male drakes usually consider the use of brute force as the shortest route between two points, the female chicks are more flexible and take a more tactical approach on to a problem. Their latest mission will take them to LV-426, a remote cave where the Weiland-Yutani clan is the dragoforming process. Communication with this cave has been lost for two weeks.

Her best friend in the Corps is a drake called Drake (how ironic). Evil tongues say Vasquez signed up because someone said "alien" and Vasquez thought they said "illegal alien", but those are just rumors. And although Vasquez has a boisterous attitude, she has never been mistaken for a man... unlike Hudson.

• Accept:
  • Accept:
  • Abstain: Um. ...I don't even know what just happened there. What is this?
  • Accept:
  • Accept:
  • Accept:
  • Accept:
  • Accept:
  • Accept:
  • Accept:
  • Accept: Mexican chicken... definitely +1 for you!
  • Accept: Really interesting.

Some references are more difficult to spot then others, I guess... cool.gif

So I went to look at my descriptions and found this

Flameclaw the Handsome is just as handsome as his mother, if not more so. However shortly after he gained his horns and wings he got into a terrible fight with an enemy dragon when he was exploring by himself. Very beaten he was frozen so that the whites could save him.

Many dragons have whispered that his mother was cursed like his grandfather with bad luck because his grandfather took more than one mate.

Accept:

Accept:

Accept: He is handsome!

LOL for the third accept and I have to say the 2nd gen sunstone sprite is growing on me may have to freeze me an army wub.gif

Lord Endzeit, despite sharing a holiday birthday with Vulgarity, chooses to ignore the other Halloween dragon. Endzeit isn't 'evil', per se, but rather cunning. He breeds only rarely, and finds himself attracted to dragons with power.

The only reason he has not left Magnus' cave is because he believes he owes the human, for saving him from some 'silly, empathetic owner'.

Accept: Very good. I love his name. smile.gif

Accept:

Accept: Hahaaaa, I love him. xd.png

Well thank you 8D

To the mod(s) who swept through and approved ALL THE DESCRIPTIONS between last night and this morning:

THANK YOU!!! wub.gif