Dr. Paine

Description comments

@ Flérida_Pagan: Those people who said that... That was a silly reason to reject a description, not to say biased... And with a description that was so beautifully written...

@ xdlugia: Don't worry, the "think of the children" thing is mostly an excuse. I have a younger brother on this site, do you really think that most children have the attention span (not to mention vocabulary) to read through all the descriptions? Also, yours is really good. Why don't we start a campaign about sexual identity here on DC xd.png?

And I love how the "we are on medieval times" thing. Just as hilarious as the "animals don't have feelings" one. Why do people always think like that?

@ Zephyr_Drake: Daww so cute. I'm sorry for Ryuu. Would like to cuddle him.

By the way, been reading Emeraldmay's description. We need more female dragons! Will be writing one tonight.

On other subject, I got this this today (not quoting the description because it's too long):

You made my day. Thank you! wub.gif

Thanks for the compliment. ^^ I kind of figured that it was an excuse too.

As for the increase for gay themed dragons, I think it's a great idea. ^^ I might make a few more once I finish hunting down how many descriptions I have pending/approved. xd.png

Oh, and here's a comment that really made my day. xd.png

Cookie for clan leader! Cookie for clan leader! His slogan: "Got a problem. Go Eat A Cookie!"

With a leader like this, there is no problem the clan can't solve. An invading force of Vampires about to attack. Go eat a cookie! Diplomatic issues between clans. Go eat a cookie! Everything can be solved with eating a cookie. Except obesity. Oh wait ... Maybe this was a bad idea.

Accept:

Accept: You. Are. Awesome. xd.png

Accept:

Whoever you are, thanks! A lot! biggrin.gif

Tar the Bitten finds the other vampires in the cave boring, what with their almost worship to Midas Dorkface just because they are famous. He spends his time instead hunting and helping out the cave.

He sees his vampirism as a blessing, because now no dragon will wonder why he won't take a mate. Tar the Bitten is Homosexual and though he doesn't flaunt it some paranoid dragons suspect that he is not 'normal' other than his vampirism. He spends more time around male dragons, mock fights, hunting, you name it. His crushes are never there long, here one minute and gone the next. One week he was hanging around Red Hot the Loud, the next he's hanging around Tanned of the Ridge. He's tastes are always changing but he is good dragon and acts as a father figure to hatchlings that come into the cave with no parents.

Just realized this one has a typo so I'm going to resubmit it but I thought I'd say thank you Flérida_Pagan for the nice comment she made, and yes I think we have

Accept: I think we've started a description revolution. Nice description, he sounds quite interesting! -Flerida

This has caused me to finally get through description writers block! I don't think this is the Homosexual Dragon Alliance anymore, more like a LGBAT (lets allow for asexual and trans dragons as well. Lets blow this out of the water!)

The two dragons I described earlier haven't been reviewed by a lot but someone is supportive of our efforts! (is it someone here? I can't tell)

For my spotted green wing from diyen and karma (caps messed)

here are the comments she got.

And for Enchantress of Gold Shadows the Shadow Walker

Comments for her

If I can get a GW from a Shadow Walker I plan to make them asexual, but for right now I'm going to go through my dragons see where inspiration strikes

those two were me ^-^

~snip~

By the way, been reading Emeraldmay's description. We need more female dragons! Will be writing one tonight.

~snip

My name was said ohmy.gif Which description? tongue.gif

Anyhoo...

From her tender years as a young hatchling Rose's way with plants shone through, bringing even the wilted weeds back to full bloom. Deciding to remain at the nursery in her adult years, Rose looked after the hatchlings and eggs that passed through it, using her spare time to develop her garden. Filled with magnificent flowers and plants that stretched as high as the ceiling, it was an elaborate jungle filled with the beauty and buzz of the outside world. Roots snaked across perfectly ordered flowers, and wild tulip clustered around orderly rows of weeds. Animals took refuge there from the outside world, and come winter the plant haven would be alive with the vibrations of life, the subtle breeze carrying along a host of insects, pollinating the flowers and passing on life in the wondrous ecosystem.

Accept:

Accept:

Accept:

Accept:

Accept: Very interesting!!!!

Reject: way too long.

Accept:

That reject annoys me. I know I should be open to criticism... - but -.- It was only 800 characters as well :l

On the brighter side smile.gif

Her calm confidence radiates outwards from her sleek and muscular body leaving onlookers in awe of Venus Libra. A pathway will clear for her wherever she wishes to go, and she walks through the cave like she is their Queen, the shyer shadow walkers hiding in her path, relying on her for support and a kind word. Although she appears to be as calm as spring water, inside Venus feels like she on a stormy sea, trapped with every attempt to swim to shore resulted in being pulled further and further back, her body slowly becoming heavier and heavier as she struggles for survival. From an early age she had realised that the Halloween dragons needed a leader, who would help them adjust to cave life, and as nobody stepped forward, she did. At first it seemed like the right thing to do, wading through the shallow life of the clan's hierarchy, but it soon became clear she had left the shore long behind.

Accept: This is really, really good.

Accept: Dude. You should be a poet. ohmy.gif

*does happy dance* I've always wanted to be a poet biggrin.gif Thank you random person <3

Slightly smaller than the average vampire, Eros is embarrassed of his mint heritage unto the point where even the faint smell of mint can make him feel sick. Although most of the vampire dragons are embarrassed of their previous breed, Eros takes this to extremes, as he varies between tormenting the mints for being "large lizards" and avoiding them completely. Eros' cavern is filled with burning incense which hides the minty odor that only he seems to smell, and he eats alone, paranoid that someone might be sneaking mint into his food.  Over time, this has developed so he won't eat any green food, believing it to be disguised mint and completely ignoring the dragons who are trying to persuade him they really really don't care whether or not he eats mint. Though most of the clans laugh it off as an odd quirk, it is becoming an annoyance to his clan-mates who have to put up with him waking up in a cold sweat each night.

Accept:

Accept: I wouldn't be embarrassed of my mint heritage, but thats my opion.

Accept: The pinnacle of sanity. :3

Accept:

Accept:

Accept:

@First comment - The opinions in this description are entirely the dragons and do not reflect the opinions of me or any other dragons on my scroll tongue.gif I'd just discovered my areo was mint chocolate (which I hate) so was kinda anti-mint when I wrote it tongue.gif

@Second comment <3

Oh - and to whoever reviews Valkyrie Vampyre's description - I was no way trying to say she was the first vampire dragon of her kind, she was the first vamp in my cave. I've cleared that up now - sorry tongue.gif

Might make another of my dragons homosexual now...follow the trend tongue.gif

Lots of comments on my two new ones:

Journey does not bear the Anu namesake, as he came to the clan much later in life. He was driven across clan boundaries by a battle that was ravaging his homeland. However he escaped one war only to be thrust headfirst into another. He had barely stumbled into the Anu clan territory when he was captured. The clan had been ripped in half by a violent clan war. Eden, the rebel leader, had been struggling with a member of his harem. He believed that Journey could make the rebellious female love him. Eden kept Journey locked up and under guard for months. Finally Journey fought; he barely managed to escape with his life. He was found by a scouting party and brought to the Anu clan. They healed him and welcomed him into the family. Journey has found a home, and he picked out a gold wyvern as his mate.  Matchmaking is something he's found he's surprisingly good at. He spends his time repairing mates torn apart by the war.

Accept: Very good description, nice job! I'm also surprised you snagged the name "Journey" with such a late dragon breed. Very nice.

Accept:

Accept:

Reject:

Accept:

Me too! I nearly jumped up and down when I got that name.

Midnight Rose's mother Emily was heartbroken when the little hatchling disappeared one fall evening. She was playing within the clan's boundaries with the other hatchlings, when she just vanished. For days Emily, Sapphire, and many others from the clan searched land, sea, and air for her. When Sapphire finally found his daughter, she was dead. Unwilling to give up or to bring the terrible news back to his mate, Sapphire took Midnight's body to healers, magis, and dark magic users. None were able to help him. As a last resort, Sapphire traveled far from the sanctuary of the Anu clan to the dwellings of the humans. He'd heard stories of their black magic, and its power far beyond the skills of dragons. He left Midnight in the human village, and a necromancer discovered her. He cast a spell on the limp hatchling, and she rose again, as a zombie. Sapphire fled in horror and shame. The little black hatchling was renamed Midnight Regret.

Accept: Good work!

Accept:

Accept:

Accept: beautiful. It made me cry ;'D

Accept:

Accept: very beautiful ;__;

Accept:

Accept:

Thanks smile.gif Guess I was in the Halloween mood lol.

Well, here I go. I hope you enjoy them. smile.gif

Aurean Dream

Accept: Very sweet DragonNighthowler ^-^ Will Valen get a matching description?

Thank you. ^^

Valen.

Accept: LOVE LOVE LOVE!! Only one bad, last line grammar/spelling mistake. "a/and such"

Thanks, will go correct it inmediatly. smile.gif

Vanja.

Accept: *aplauds* APPROVE +1000000!!! Its sweet that she supports them ^-^

Thanks. I thought it was important to show Aurean's relation with his obliged mate, and how she lives with it.

Edit; I'm seeing a few typos here and there. Will wait until I get some more feedback to resubmit them.

That's what happens when you're writing a description and battling your hyperactive 5 months old dobermann pup at the same time. tongue.gif

OH MY GOODNESS These are adorable! I started clapping in joy when I read these!!

Now after seeing all of these, I HAVE to write a homosexual love story between two of my dragons. I just must! Now, who loves who? *off to flip through my dragons*

Well, my two were written ages back and the comments are long gone:

Annie

Annie and Liza are two purple dorsals who are far more than 'just friends'. They live together, share their lives together, and each cannot imagine life without the other.

Annie is the more imaginative of the pair. She is often seen pretending to be a unicorn or a lion or some other animal. If she's not pretending, she's singing. Her songs are so poignant the listeners are able to visualize the story contained within.

Both Annie and Liza were adamant that, when Lagie recorded them on her scroll, she was not to put any other dragon between them and Lagie obliged.

Liza

Liza and Annie are two purple dorsals who are far more than 'just friends'. They live together, share their lives together, and each cannot imagine life without the other.

Liza is the more practical of the pair. While she will sometimes join Annie in her pretending, she's far more likely to be found helping Lagie with structural issues around the cave. Liza even managed to convince a small crew of mint dragons to build a white picket fence around the edge of the cave she shares with Annie.

Both Liza and Annie were adamant that, when Lagie recorded them on her scroll, she was not to put any other dragon between them and Lagie obliged.

Anyone who's read Annie on My Mind by Nancy Garden might recognize the characters. The only comment I remember was someone remarking on my mints and the white picket fence. biggrin.gif

If anyone wants to use it, I made a banner in regards to the homosexual dragon descriptions ^-^

user posted image

[IMG=http://i781.photobucket.com/albums/yy100/Zephyr_Drake/Spritework%20and%20banners/freelovebanner2-1.gif]

Woot! Taking that banner and putting it in my siggy now. Working on Examina and Cxat's descriptions. Examina seemed the perfect choice because she's the daughter of Theodora and Tarshian, which is a couple that wasn't exactly approved by some. So I thought that she'd grow up under the "Love is love" concept. And Cxat just spoke up and said that she loves Examina.

Grabbed the banner for my sigg and wondered, maybe we should make an LGBTA Dragon thread and move the talk out of here?

Yeah... who's gonna make it?

just to keep on topic...

The tragic love triangle story of two spitfires and a BBW

Abubakar Garai was once a happy young spitfire with everything he could need, except one thing. He adored one of his two best friends, a female Bright Breasted Wyvern named Masa Oota. He was too afraid of rejection to admit this to her, so instead confided in his other best friend, Fenuku Chenzira, who was as close to him as a brother. Unfortunately, Fenuku also liked Masa, and went behind Abubakar's back and asked her to be his mate. When Abubakar found out that Masa was gravid with Fenuku's egg, he flew into a berserk rage, and battled with Fenuku for days, and won. He took Masa as his mate, and raised her hatchling as his own, but refused to allow her out of their den, afraid that Fenuku would try and steal her away.

Ever since, he has also never left the den, and his step son Zuberi, who was raised to hate his biological father, cares for both Abubakar and his mother, completely dedicated to the male who raised him.

User Comments

Accept: Wow, this is a good story!

Accept:

Even as a hatchling, Fenuku Chenzira had abandonment issues. He was sure that something was wrong with him, and that was the cause of him being abandoned as an egg. This lead to him latching onto his two closest companions as if his life depended on it. So when his mentor, Abubakar Garai, confessed feelings for his clutch mate, Masa Oota, he panicked. He was sure that if they mated, they would forget about him. So when Masa also confessed feelings towards Abubakar, and asked if he knew of Abubakar's feelings, he lied. He told her that Abubakar felt nothing for her, saw her as a daughter even. Heartbroken, Masa leaned on Fenuku for comfort. Fenuku decided to take Masa as a mate, to prevent ever loosing his clutch mate to another male, and told her he loved her. When Abubakar found out, the two fought for many days, and Fenuku lost, and had to admit to his lies. Not only has he now lost his two friends, but his own son was raised to hate him, so he has no one now, due to his own folly.

User Comments

Accept: This is incredibley tragic. He just wanted happiness, but did the wrong things to try and obtain it

As a hatchling, Masa was happy. She had a mentor who spoiled her, and a clutch mate who was always by her side. So why did that have to change Her adoration for her mentor changed, growing into love. But Masa knew nothing on how he felt for her, so asked her closest friend and clutch mate, Fenuku. When he told her that Abubakar felt nothing for her romantically, her heart shattered. Fenuku was there for her as she mourned her own fantasy, and picked up the pieces of her shattered heart. When he confessed his feeling to her, she decided to go for it, and became his mate. When Abubakar found out, and confronted Fenuku, Masa was shocked to discover how she had been deceived. Her heart seemed to tear in two as the males fought, and even after Abubakar won the right to mate with her, she could never force her heart to go back to the way it once was.

Now she never leaves her den, because Abubakar does not allow her to, and has come to hate both males for taking away any choice in her life.

User Comments

Accept:

Gonna give the son one too, but havent done it yet

Here's the comments I've received for Custos thus far:

•Accept: Hey Flerida. tongue.gif Lovely description, as always. Very well written, and you did a good job of giving him a distinct character.

•Accept: Lovely <3

•Accept:

Thanks for the lovely feedback! I haven't received any negativity yet since my resubmit, which is nice.

A thread for this subject sounds like an interesting idea. I'm not sure who should start it, but how will it be worded? Will we mention what has happened in this thread thus far, or will it be written without this thread's context? Or maybe just an honorable mention to this thread as this is where the idea originated from.

Edited by Flérida_Pagan

Here's the comments I've received for Custos thus far:

•Accept: Hey Flerida. tongue.gif Lovely description, as always. Very well written, and you did a good job of giving him a distinct character.

•Accept: Lovely <3

•Accept:

Thanks for the lovely feedback! I haven't received any negativity yet since my resubmit, which is nice.

A thread for this subject sounds like an interesting idea. I'm not sure who should start it, but how will it be worded? Will we mention what has happened in this thread thus far, or will it be written without this thread's context? Or maybe just an honorable mention to this thread as this is where the idea originated from.

First one was me. |D

~~~

i think a new thread for LGBTA dragons is a good idea, although I'm notnsure how it would be set up. c:

~~~

Frosted Enchantment, or simply Frost, is a very odd dragon. Like most Winter Magi dragons, he has very powerful magic. However, he refuses to communicate with telepathy, instead relying on body language. He has also become adept at using his control over weather to express his emotions, creating auroras when he is pleased and snowstorms when angered. He stays silent by choice, according to his mate, Purity Sorceress. She claims to be the only one he communicates telepathically to, although not even she knows why Frost does this.

Accept: Very unique dragon, I'm intrigued as to why he remains silent as well! Very interesting.

Accept: Nice Description

Accept:

I talked with _Z_ and she said she didn't see a reason to have a seperate thread, and if we want to put banners and what not we can put them in multimedia

We can still show support in this thread, at least. That's better than nothing! Thank you for asking her though, that was very nice of you. smile.gif

So, has anyone received anymore notable comments on their LGBA descriptions since they were posted?

Edited by Flérida_Pagan

Gasda's description has been reviewed twice, once without comment and once with a sweet comment from Flérida (Thanks!) smile.gif

Seems the troll hasn't been online yet, and I haven't written any other gay dragon descriptions so far.

User Comments

Accept: Another one! This rush of homosexual dragon descriptions is really quite amazing. Nice work, Scotland smile.gif -Flerida

Accept:

Edited by Scotland

Or the troll hasn't seen any yet, I know that I haven't seen any LGBTA dragons except through here lately (wades through descriptions)

I talked with _Z_ and she said she didn't see a reason to have a seperate thread, and if we want to put banners and what not we can put them in multimedia

Maybe one in breeding - a bit like the space chicken project? Although I think you need to ask the person who runs it if you can use the concept smile.gif

Maybe one in breeding - a bit like the space chicken project? Although I think you need to ask the person who runs it if you can use the concept smile.gif

The problem then runs into who the OP would be. Part of me asking _Z_ was because neither Flerida nor I felt like we were the right people to op it because both of us are strait and a few other well thought out reasons.

If someone wants to start it there they can be my guest.

Resubmitted Knight of Violet's description to fix my mistake. Here are the comments:

Accept:

Accept:

Accept: lovely description. I hope he admits his feelings and find happiness!

Accept: ...I think I reviewed this only minutes ago. Anyway, lovely description!

Accept:

No haters so far. c:

~~~

i think a thread in breeding might work, although you still might want to ask a mod to make sure. xd.png And personally, I doubt I'd be a good OP. I'm not good at that kind of stuff. |D

Brairtrainer is correct. As a heterosexual person who has never been discriminated against for this reason, I'd feel a bit odd representing this particular alliance. My situation may have been the one to inspire people into writing their recent descriptions, but I'm not actually a victim of anything, you know?

Another reason I'd feel odd starting it is because I'm sure my homosexual dragon wasn't the first dragon to receive such hateful comments on his description. Just because users haven't posted about it doesn't mean it hasn't happened before, so to make me (and xdlugia) look like the first ones to receive these rude description comments would be a bit ignorant, I think.

I think this thread and/or a banner thread would suffice for this, but if you guys want to make a separate thread at some point, I won't object to it. I just won't be the one starting the thread, is all.

Edited by Flérida_Pagan

popping in to say that I recieved a new comment on I see dead dragons description

Accept:

Accept: This is the best love story ever!

Accept: ^-^ very sweet

Well thank you second accepter! That makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside

Well thank you second accepter! That makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside

You're welcome ^-^

It was such a wonderful description <3

Well, there I go. Reading the last 10-15 pages of this thread inspired me to try my hand at describing my dragons again - up till now, my only successful description was of my Space Chicken. I went crazy yesterday and today describing, and some comments have been rolling it!

Out of my 8 Trios that I described, this has been the most substantial (the others being things like 'nice' or 'good description'):

Fierce and elegant, Jadis acts as the representative of the Trios in political matters within her clan. She has a reputation for being stubborn, sometimes to the point of being unreasonable, but rarely with the motive of selfish gain - rather, she operates for the good of those she feels great responsibility toward. This includes her fellow Trios, her mates, the Holidays (among whom she has many friends) and her children. Her cold exterior seems matched by her personality until one takes the time to get to know her; her intense loyalty makes her a friend to be greatly desired.

User Comments

Accept:

Accept: This is the best description I have read in a long time!

<333 to the person who wrote that. ^>^

Flérida, THANK YOU for your comments. They made me glow for a long time after reading them. biggrin.gif Here they are:

Beautiful, classy, and insufferably vain, Goldberry Cerise is not exactly the most popular of the dragons of her clan. She goes through life with an attitude of entitlement and an air of confident disdain, though she treats the three males of her harem - Psyche Futterwacken, Big Macintosh Futterwacken, and Braeburn Futterwacken - with high regard and respect. A few of the females in the clan dance attendance upon her, hoping to win her approval, but the majority of the females strongly dislike her, especially since she turns the heads of nearly all the males with her shimmering beauty. She does have the saving grace of having a high maternal instinct, and dotes upon her babies, even after they reach adulthood.

User Comments

Accept: This is excellent. I love how despite her massive ego, she treats her partners with respect, and treats her children well. This is well written, and the wording is perfect. Well done. -Flerida

And I, too, was inspired to have a dragon join the LGBT ranks:

Sweet, understated, and a little shy, Figwit spends most of her time looking after the frozen youngsters of the clan. She is a highly popular nanny among the little ones, and she is always tailed by a group of them. She is firmly uninterested in adult male company, spurning the advances of the few that have shown interest in her. Though she has told no one, she has a slight crush on the sweet and playful Fuff Futterwacken - but Fuff has already found her true love, and Figwit is too shy to speak up. Instead of pursuing this interest, Figwit contents herself with taking especial care of Fuff's frozen children, Fluff and Pluff.

User Comments

Accept: Lovely description, she sounds very pleasent. I'm glad she respects that the lovely mother of Fluff and Pluff has found love already, but is still friends with her. -Flerida

And I'm still waiting for more comments on the two Pillows I described. I got one comment so far:

Fuff is sweet, playful, and a hopeless romantic. She's been through multiple love affairs, but her mates had always moved on, leaving her frustrated and, though she was far too social to ever truly be lonely, she often felt alone in the midst of the crowd of other dragons. That's why, on the day that Puff the Magic Futterwacken was brought to her clan, she fell head-over-heels in love and outdid herself capturing Puff's attention. Though he seemed interested only in a short-term fling at first, they eventually settled down as a serious, mated-for-life couple. Fuff is the more playful of the two, always acting childlike, especially around her more stoic mate.

User Comments

Accept: She's sounds very nice, good work!

Accept:

Accept:

Accept:

The others have gotten accepts, just no comments. smile.gif