Dr. Paine

Description comments

I just received this comment for Natura Custos.

I expect to get some more negative "being homosexual is offensive" comments until the description is accepted by a moderator, so I'm not really upset by this reject. I resubmitted the description again to clear it from the comments, though if I get anothing reject, I'll just leave it. Don't want to re-submit too many times without any notable edits, that'll get annoying for the majority of the reviewers, I'm sure.

Though before I did re-enter it, I received a commentless accept. Thank you to the person who did that at least. smile.gif

EDIT: Just got this one.

Oh my.

That makes me so angry. Why can't people just leave others enjoy their love without having to feel offended by gender, race, status or whatever?

It just blows my mind, I can't imagine why something so beautiful as two people caring for each other and sharing happiness would have to offend anyone.

I've got an idea. Why don't we write some homosexual descriptions ourselves, to show we support love over gender?

That makes me so angry. Why can't people just leave others enjoy their love without having to feel offended by gender, race, status or whatever?

It just blows my mind, I can't imagine why something so beautiful as two people caring for each other and sharing happiness would have to offend anyone.

I've got an idea. Why don't we write some homosexual descriptions ourselves, to show we support love over gender?

xd.png I just did one for my newly named Marrow, "Homosexuality." Flerida, you inspired me to write a description for my Marrow.

I just described a pair of dragons too ^-^

AND I quoted DragonNighthowler!

Love in all its forms is beautiful. So why can't people allow other to enjoy their love without being limited by gender, breed or status? Ryuu Stormfront ponders this every day, as he watches from afar his secret love, Ernest Yellowstone. He loves Ernest with all his heart, yet because of the stigma attached to a mating between two males, which extends far beyond Zephyra's clan, he is unable to even tell his love his feelings.

Ryuu has sworn to never take a mate unless it is Ernest, and because that will never happen, he has resigned himself to a life of loneliness.

Ernest knows he has a secret admirer. He also knows it will never come to anything. He knows that Ryuu watches him, longs for him. And he knows that the clan will never allow them to be together.

So every day, he tries to give Ryuu some happiness, despite the fact that both will be forever lonely.

A kind word here, a secret gift there, trying to let him into his life. But the grey always pushes him away, afraid that if they become close, they will both end up hurt and exiled.

So Ernest lets him watch, lets him stay away. Lets him love at a distance.

No comments yet, but shouldnt take long...

Edited by Zephyr_Drake

I just received this comment for Natura Custos.

I expect to get some more negative "being homosexual is offensive" comments until the description is accepted by a moderator, so I'm not really upset by this reject. I resubmitted the description again to clear it from the comments, though if I get anothing reject, I'll just leave it. Don't want to re-submit too many times without any notable edits, that'll get annoying for the majority of the reviewers, I'm sure.

Though before I did re-enter it, I received a commentless accept. Thank you to the person who did that at least. smile.gif

EDIT: Just got this one.

Oh my.

o_O Whoa. There are some creepy people in this world. Now I consider making the rest of my dragons homosexual just to annoy that homophobic reviewer. Shame I use or intend to use them in breeding programs.

On another note, I have a question about this description of mine:

From the moment she hatched from her egg as a cute little ball of fluff, this chicken has been told over and over again how she is a powerful alien intend upon conquering this planet. She wasn't interested in all this nonsense when she was a tiny chick, she just wanted to cuddle under her mother's warm wings and be comforted. Unfortunately, she didn't have a mother under whose wings she could cuddle, only a weirdo in a tartan skirt who tried to teach her how to peck at the buttons of various machines and questioning her what she remembers of "The Mothership" or her "Home-planet". As a result, she became a very unbalanced teenager, and later slipped into a permanent psychosis. She now fully believes she was send to this planet by a population of fowl living on a distant planet in order to prepare the way for a full-scale invasion. She has hidden herself in a cave up in the Highlands, only occasionally venturing outside to collect the nuts and bolts needed for her secret weapons.

User Comments

Accept: I love that name. I just do. xd.png Other than that, heck, best description I've read all day, great job! Only one issue I saw - should be "Home-planet." Period goes inside. :]

Accept: Funny!

Accept:

Accept:

Abstain: Um...I couldn't keep track of what was happening.

Thank you very much for the sweet comment! But is it correct that the period goes inside? As there isn't a sentence within the quotation marks, as far as I've been taught it should be outside.

Eg: - She said: "I have to go to work today." (period inside)

- I love eating "mozzarella" and "spaghetti". (period outside)

But I'm Dutch and Dutch rules may vary from English, so what have you guys been taught?

Edited by Scotland

@ Flérida_Pagan: Those people who said that... That was a silly reason to reject a description, not to say biased... And with a description that was so beautifully written...

@ xdlugia: Don't worry, the "think of the children" thing is mostly an excuse. I have a younger brother on this site, do you really think that most children have the attention span (not to mention vocabulary) to read through all the descriptions? Also, yours is really good. Why don't we start a campaign about sexual identity here on DC xd.png?

And I love how the "we are on medieval times" thing. Just as hilarious as the "animals don't have feelings" one. Why do people always think like that?

@ Zephyr_Drake: Daww so cute. I'm sorry for Ryuu. Would like to cuddle him.

By the way, been reading Emeraldmay's description. We need more female dragons! Will be writing one tonight.

On other subject, I got this this today (not quoting the description because it's too long):

Accept:

Accept: Excellent. Easily the best dragon description I've seen in a while. You not only described your dragon, but gave it real personality. Keep up the good work.

Accept:

Accept:

Accept:

You made my day. Thank you! wub.gif

Edited by IshtarfromBabylon

Much to the dismay of her parents, Gasda showed no interest in the handsome Gaoithean upon growing up. No matter how much he tried to impress her with his muscular body and amazing flying maneuvers, she would not spare a glance for his attempts to charm her and took no heed from her parents' encouragements to take an interest in him. Truth is, her heart lies elsewhere, with the beautiful Sunrise dragon Muire na Greine. Out of fear that her clan will not accept her choice for a dragon of the same gender and a different species, she keeps her heart to herself and her mouth silent. All she wishes for is for the world to become more tolerant so that one day, she will be accepted for what she is.

Curious to see what comments I get. Though I'm in doubt about the keeping silent bit in the description, I think I'll have another dragon who's a total rebel.

[edit]

Accept: I'd say for "who she is" rather than what she is. Anyways, it's a beautiful description. wink.gif

Updated accordingly, thank you for the feedback!

Edited by Scotland

@ Scotland: The chicken's description was so darn funny! And I think you are right, period goes outside... but not sure though. This is a really overlooked grammar rule. Never saw it in a school text book.

Ohh my, let's see what they think about Gasda! This is gonna be really good. Good description, by the way! Poor little thing. Want to cuddle her too.

Wow, thanks Zephyr. Those are indeed beautiful descriptions. smile.gif

I've gotten a few down, will post them when I get some reviews (to keep with the post topic).

Scotland, that's really nice, although it makes me a bit sad for her. Poor thing.

Well, I've done the same. However one of the dragons I wrote is bisexual. Once they get reviews I'll post them here, they really do have a sweet love story wub.gif

Well, here I go. I hope you enjoy them. smile.gif

Aurean Dream

Gentle, just and proud, such as his parents had taught him, Aurean knew he was destined to, one day, rule the pack alongside his beautiful mate, Vanja. As it was expected of him, Aurean would often lead the hunt during the twilight, and teach the younger members when the moon was full, showing the same patience his father had used when he was but a reckless hatchling. Even when the little ones caused trouble in the Reserve, Aurean would apply fair punishment to educate them, not to frighten them.

During the day, Aurean often liked to fly down the mountains to the evergreen woodlands, where he would doze off laying in the refreshing waters of the stream, or spend endless hours chatting with his best friend, Valen. There was more to their friendship than met the eye, a love so enormous that pushed away breed and gender. When he was with Valen he was no longer the proud guide to a pack, he was not a Golden Wyvern, he was not a male. It was simply him loving with all his heart.

Accept: Very sweet DragonNighthowler ^-^ Will Valen get a matching description?

Thank you. ^^

Valen.

Valen had always been restless and, like his uncle David, he longed for adventures and freedom. As a hatchling, he would often run to the evergreen forests where he'd look for the elusive Ikran, pretend he was an adventurer being pursued by a tribe of evil dragon eating marrows, or simply enjoy bathing in the fresh streams. There he met Aurean, a golden wyvern, and it didn't take them long to become friends, since Aurean wanted a rest from his training and Valen was more than willing to have an adventure companion.

As years passed, their friendship grew stronger and, before Valen knew it, there was something else to it. At first, Valen was ashamed of his feelings, this couldn't be right, they were both males! However, the longer he tried to hide them, the harder it became and, when Aurean realized, he showed him there was nothing unnatural about it. It was the soul Valen loved, not the breed, not the gender. It was simply him, a such an honest and pure thing couldn't be wrong.

Accept: LOVE LOVE LOVE!! Only one bad, last line grammar/spelling mistake. "a/and such"

Thanks, will go correct it inmediatly. smile.gif

Vanja.

There was never a lie between them. Vanja knew, from the very first moment she decided to mate with the honorable future leader of the DNH's Reserve pack that his heart would never belong to her. It wasn't love what united them, but a duty to their kin and to the survival of the species, but that didn't mean they had to be bitter or mean to each other. They had learn to care for each other and finally they had grown to become friends to the point they trusted one another.

Vanja supported Aurean's love with Valen. While most often than not, Aurean left alone, sometimes she had accompanied him and had seen, with her own eyes, how much they both cared for each other. It was something beautiful and pure, something that went beyond the physical realm, the very same thing poets had been writing about for centuries. What was there that could be wrong Vanja didn't know, nor cared, for she giggled and smiled when her two friends showed without shame their feelings to one another.

Accept: *aplauds* APPROVE +1000000!!! Its sweet that she supports them ^-^

Thanks. I thought it was important to show Aurean's relation with his obliged mate, and how she lives with it.

Edit; I'm seeing a few typos here and there. Will wait until I get some more feedback to resubmit them.

That's what happens when you're writing a description and battling your hyperactive 5 months old dobermann pup at the same time. tongue.gif

Edited by DragonNighthowler

Update on Custos: I just resubmitted his description to see if I can get some fresh comments. That and I spelled "received" wrong (thank you to the person who pointed that out in the comments, I always seem to forget the "I before E except after C" rule.)

You're welcome! cool.gif

And thanks, Ishtar! biggrin.gif

@ Scotland - I would also put the period outside on that one.

Don't forget there's a thread to share your Approved Descriptions, also in Site Discussion! wink.gif

http://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=117376

Edited by Lagie

I might do a couple of same-sex dragon couples now, you've inspired me... biggrin.gif

Well, here I go. I hope you enjoy them. smile.gif

Aurean Dream

Accept: Very sweet DragonNighthowler ^-^ Will Valen get a matching description?

Thank you. ^^

Valen.

Accept: LOVE LOVE LOVE!! Only one bad, last line grammar/spelling mistake. "a/and such"

Thanks, will go correct it inmediatly. smile.gif

Vanja.

Accept: *aplauds* APPROVE +1000000!!! Its sweet that she supports them ^-^

Thanks. I thought it was important to show Aurean's relation with his obliged mate, and how she lives with it.

Edit; I'm seeing a few typos here and there. Will wait until I get some more feedback to resubmit them.

That's what happens when you're writing a description and battling your hyperactive 5 months old dobermann pup at the same time. tongue.gif

your welcome x 3 ^-^

i literally squealed when i read them... my family all looked at me funny...

all three of those ones were me ^-^

Wow, this is wonderful! I'm glad this situation sparked such positive inspirement in all of you, thank you so much for writing your descriptions. I'll go to the review pile and see if I can find them all! You'll definitely be getting some happy comments from me. :)

Wonder what the rejected will be thinking to see all these new "offensive" dragons. Their head must be spinning. XD

I'm now inspired to write a few gay dragons. I've been toying with the idea for a while, but this definitely makes me want to write them. :D

Matching Rosebud descriptions for my two females, written just now. biggrin.gif

One of the most renowned songwriters of her generation, the dragon known as Love Is All You Need seems to have taken her name not just as a moniker but as her life's central philosophy. All of her works are of the joy of love in all its forms and the bliss that can be found in finding one's soulmate- whoever and whatever they happen to be.

Ironically, though, these skills fail her when it comes to confessing her feelings to her own love, the fellow Rosebud Sweet Rose For My Love. The merest glance from her turns the songwriter into a blushing, tongue-tied hatchling, the words she had spent many lonely hours concocting suddenly banished from her head. Somehow she never quite plucks up the courage to confess, though her feelings- and the fact they are returned in full- are obvious to every dragon but All You Need.

Sweet Rose For My Love is a florist at heart, cultivating not only the most beautiful but the most meaningful blooms to sell to anyone who wishes to literally 'say it with flowers'. Of course this passion of hers is not just an idle hobby but something that takes up a great deal of her time; as a result she is barely seen out of her chosen meadow, except in winter when most of her flowers sleep beneath the earth and she turns her attentions to the making of festive wreaths.

This seclusion has inadvertently given her an air of mystery, so it is no surprise that nobody knows of her secret project: the breeding of the perfect rose, one that- when finally presented to her friend and fellow Rosebud Love Is All You Need- will express the depth and truth of the feelings she has never managed to put into words.

Just finished commenting on all the desriptions. You're all spectacular. :)

Edited by Flérida_Pagan

D'aww~

I just resubmitted Custos's description again. Got an accept saying "Lovely <3" right away. Thank you!

Love and acceptance is eminating from the review pile right now.

Knight of Violet, usually simply known as Knight, has a rather deceiving name. Although brave, Knight dislikes fighting, and is called by many a pacifist, though he disagrees with that label. He will only fight when absolutely necessary, preferring to flee if possible. Despite this, Knight is a selfless and loyal dragon, always willing to help others with their problems, so long as it does not involve violence. Knight's friendly nature, along with his striking purple fins, has made him rather popular with female dragons. However, Knight has never pursued a female dragon. This is because he is in love with a Heartseeker dragon named Matchmaker Cocoa. Unfortunately for Knight, Cocoa is a male dragon. Cocoa does not possess the courage to admit to his infatuation to the Heartseeker, although he has confided in a few good friends. He fears that his fellow dragons will ridicule and harass him for his love, and so he has become somewhat secretive, taking off whenever Cocoa comes near him.

Accept: I wouldn't tease him, I'd hug the crap out of him. Nice work Satyr! -Flerida

Accept: Hooray for homosexual dragons! Let's see what the reviewing troll comments on this smile.gif

You guys are awesome. c:

And this was 3 characters under the limit. xd.png It was kinda tough fitting everything in.

That is a beautiful review, Satyr. However, is this sentence correct?

Cocoa does not possess the courage to admit to his infatuation to the Heartseeker, although he has confided in a few good friends. He fears that his fellow dragons will ridicule and harass him for his love, and so he has become somewhat secretive, taking off whenever Cocoa comes near him.

Did you mean Knight? I'm kind of confused there, sorry. tongue.gif

That is a beautiful review, Satyr. However, is this sentence correct?

Did you mean Knight? I'm kind of confused there, sorry. tongue.gif

Oops, I didn't catch that. |D Yeah, that was a slip-up. Thanks! c:

Three cheers for the Homosexual Dragon Alliance! Hip, hip, hooray! biggrin.gif

This has caused me to finally get through description writers block! I don't think this is the Homosexual Dragon Alliance anymore, more like a LGBAT (lets allow for asexual and trans dragons as well. Lets blow this out of the water!)

The two dragons I described earlier haven't been reviewed by a lot but someone is supportive of our efforts! (is it someone here? I can't tell)

I see dead dragons has a remarkable ability of seeing spirits from the past. This, at first frightening gift, has lead her to have wisdom beyond her years by talking to ghosts who have seen the ages pass.

However, I see dead dragons is also different in the fact that she gets excited over both female and male dragons. Some of the ghosts have tried to talk her out of her attraction, but a wise sweetling's ghost told her to let go of her inhibition and that love is love no matter the form it takes. I see dead dragons first talked with Enchantress of Gold Shadows about it to find that Enchantress herself only liked female dragons. The two have been paired ever since, with the agreement that I see dead dragons may also take a male mate as long as all three of them get to raise the hatchling.

For my spotted green wing from diyen and karma (caps messed)

here are the comments she got.

Accept:

Accept: ^-^ very sweet

And for Enchantress of Gold Shadows the Shadow Walker

Enchantress of the Gold Shadows has a lovely gold tint that hasn't been seen in other shadow walkers by anyone in the cave. She has rejected every male that has wanted to be her mate, and instead is mates with I see dead dragons, another female.

They keep their romance a secret not wanting to be cast out of their home for their love. It has  been agreed between them though that I see dead dragons may breed with males as long as Enchantress is allowed to raise the offspring.

Comments for her

Accept:

Accept: So sweet ^-^ Nice to see a femXfem... most the others are maleXmale

If I can get a GW from a Shadow Walker I plan to make them asexual, but for right now I'm going to go through my dragons see where inspiration strikes