Dr. Paine

Description comments

Will we ever be able to see who comments on our descriptions? This is my Rosebud's "Awaiting Moderation" description:

We don't get to see who posts them. The mods, however, do.

I would accept that description.

rubyshoes: Thank you so much!!

Lagie: To be honest, I'd accept my own description, too. But the reason why someone would reject it on their personal preference of "not liking" it just really irks me.

DandyOfTheForeignGhost's Description:

Sly yet nieve, Dandy is a gentle dragon with a slightly abnormal side for comical (or even criminal, in some cases) hi-jinks. Much like his father the Graceful Assassin, Dandy is notorious for having a creepy demeanor, even if most of it is unintended on his part. Ironically, whenever he isn't around Beauty, a resident Spitfire from the same clan as he, Dandy is often found assisting other dragons in keeping watch over the energetic and rather hyperactive hatchlings (especially those of Thorne Anderson), reading through Kimoko's giant library archives, or any other hobby that doesn't include minor crimes of theft. It is said that he is incredibly laid-back for a dragon of the Foreign Ghost Clan; however, that doesn't mean he would fight back or protect others from harm if he has to.

User Comments:

Accept:

Reject: the grammar !!!!

Okay... I kind of know how impossible it is to use good grammar in most cases, but panicking over one's simple mistakes instead of pointing out what is done wrong doesn't help at all.

I don't really see anything wrong with the grammar in that description, Kim. naive is misspelled and that comical/criminal sentence is a bit muddled but otherwise it looks fine.

Yes, Kimiko, your grammar seems perfectly fine. A few phrases are awkwardly worded, but not inherently incorrect.

Ah, I see. The Comical/Criminal bit was kind of intentional since it mentioned a different-case scenario of Dandy's hi-jinks. That and I fail at spelling. xd.png

Ah, I see. The Comical/Criminal bit was kind of intentional since it mentioned a different-case scenario of Dandy's hi-jinks. That and I fail at spelling. xd.png

I saw that description and refreshed the page (did not vote) because I wasn't sure if Nieve was actually Naive or its own word. Also I was getting tired tongue.gif Sorry!

Got a really nice accept on my newest description:

Ao Tsung is playful, gentle, and kind. However, she sometimes has some problems accepting seriously bad situations, and is very attached to her life as it is, living almost in a routine. Although she loves the water as much as the next water dragon, she is also fascinated with the land, even having a land-living mate. She is an exceptionally fast thinker. She likes swamps, and dislikes storms. She is named 'Blue Dragon' in a foreign tongue.

User Comments

Accept: Lovely name and description. Approved

This made me laugh so hard...

Siaman showed great potential in the field of magic since she was a young magi, assisting with teleports from the moment she gendered, and being the youngest adult magi dragon to teleport an egg in the cave. Her steady and reliable personality and magical abilities make her the first choice for parents whose eggs are being teleported too far away dragon breeders and her exceptional abilities have allowed her to move past her messy lineage and be accepted in the company of the more elite dragons. She is the Chief Teleporter in the Aquarius Clan, and supervises all of the teleporting spells that are cast, making sure they dont go out of control, and that the right hatchlings are put into the teleporting pentangle.  While she is strong on the magical side, her physical skills are very weak, and she is a clumsy hunter, so she heavily relies on the clan for food and support.

The comment: Ya wanna know how she succeeded in teleporting an egg so young? When no one was looking she moved it somewhere else. Presto. lD

I love that person so much...and its inspired my next magi dragon description tongue.gif

This made me laugh so hard...

The comment: Ya wanna know how she succeeded in teleporting an egg so young? When no one was looking she moved it somewhere else. Presto. lD

I love that person so much...and its inspired my next magi dragon description tongue.gif

I wrote that! xd.png It just popped into my head when I was reviewing dragon descriptions last night. x3 I'm glad you found it funny! ^^

I wrote that! xd.png It just popped into my head when I was reviewing dragon descriptions last night. x3 I'm glad you found it funny! ^^

Lol - I think I found another one by you tongue.gif You should review descriptions professionally tongue.gif

In the first line you forgot an 'a' in between 'as' and 'hatchling'. Other than that, I wish I could have a job as a living clock. Easiest job ever. lD

Yeah, and thanks. x)

I have yet to recieve any comments on the three descriptions I just wrote for my dragons...*sigh*

Edited by SilverX7Studios

Dr John H Watson shares a lair in a disused corner of the London underground with Mister Sherlock Holmes.  They are often found sneaking about, spying on other dragons and snooping through other owners' scrolls, attempting to engage in detective work.

Accept: And then the great TJ09 found out that they were snooping through other's scrolls and burned them. The end.

Wrote 4 descriptions tonight and got some nice comments.

This dragon is known for her obsession over strange food such as "pie" (no one in her entire cave knows what the heck it is). She claims "pie" to be the most delicious thing ever, and is often seen brewing fruits such as cherries and apples into some weird dragon-made pans. Once she had finished making some "pie", she will then begin to RAPIDLY consume the food while spewing out faint groans which translate into "You're a stupid idiot and you can't have my pie!" No one can decipher this message, causing others to dislike her and slap her across the face frequently.

•Abstain: What is this I don't even-*explode*

•Accept:

Yeah..........

This dragon has always lived a life of hating others. Ever since she was just a little child, her elders have always sent her off with orders always ending with, "No exceptions." Believing that "exceptions" was referring to herself, she immediately swam off into the deepest and darkest depths of the sea she could find. Since she grew in her teenage form, she has been missing from her cave and only appears once in a while to the younger ones, warning them to be aware of the horrid message "No exceptions."

Accept: ...Right...

Lornce has been training himself in comedy techniques for a long time. He attempts to make jokes whenever he can, but also tries to not offend a serious matter. He was not known to be humorous until he met Groacia, a Valentine Dragon who frequently complains about her weight. Upon his first meeting with her, Lornce was forced to survive an hour-long rant (which felt like a century) about how fat Groacia was, when in fact she was at a normal size. Trying to comfort her, Lornce finally responded to her by saying, "There's no need to cry, you're my big fat Valentine!" For the rest of the day, the dragons of Lornce's cave treated him like some kind of god. His quote is the reason dragons are so familiar to him.

Accept: Interesting.

Now it's time for the more serious matters I face.

Groacia is a dragon that constantly complains about her weight, always seeming to talk about how fat and ugly she is no matter how busy another dragon is. Usually she is replied to in a harsh tone, "No, Groacia, we do not care about how much (whatever) you ate this morning or how much (whatever) you consumed this afternoon." The more violent dragons tend to tear out a piece of her flesh from her stomach and then saying, "Well I hope THIS helps tone down your size!" They're not very funny, and Groacia knows it. She now rejects other dragons because of their lack of humor. Her true personality is defined to be very loving, and she would be known to try her best not to mention her weight, especially not towards starving dragons.

•Abstain: Very...violent. Tearing out flesh because she complains about her weight? Shouting at her because she might be slightly overweight? You have some very violent dragons on your scroll, ma'am/sir. :/

•Reject:

I understand the reasons for both of the reviews. But there is something I must confess, and I hope that you too will understand why I wrote my description like that. Now I know this sounds a little messed up, but, the reason why I made the description violent is because that was where my inspiration was left lingering in. No, I do not tend to be violent in real life and I also do not support that kind of behavior. I was attempting to keep some of my other dragons, mainly the ones who have been described on previous occasions, in depth. A lot of my dragons' descriptions end up so violent only because it's an attempt to try to fit the breed description. And looking at some of the more violent dragons described on my scroll, why not try to keep them as true to their descriptions as possible? Considering the cruel world we live in, I'm sure that there have been MUCH, MUCH worse descriptions out there based on horrible events that occured in reality.

Otherwise, I am not angry or frustrated with your replies. I hope, though I do doubt, that you will understand this predicament.

Description for The Hyperactive Poltergeist:

The Hyperactive Poltergeist is a frozen hellfire wyvern dragon. Quite obnoxious and annoying, The Hyperactive Poltergeist, or Polt to his few friends, loves to pop out of strange places and scare the wits out of dragons daily. Often seen around his clan's camp, the feisty little hatchling will hide underneath rocks, on top of trees, or even bury himself in the ground until an unsuspecting dragon comes by. Then, emerging from his hiding place, he pelts them with pebbles or rotten fruit before disappearing into the underbrush and leaving the victim confused. He is so skilled at that prank that many dragons believe it is a ghost attacking them, since he is able to run away from the scene at such a speed that nobody detects him, especially since he usually pranks unsuspecting dragons at obscene hours of the night.

Comments:

Accept:

Accept:

Accept: Here kid, have some coffee. Go nuts. >:D

o.0 y u maek me dragon moar dangerous than he already iz? ohmy.gif

Edited by beacker1160

@Phoenixstarr

Accept: And then the great TJ09 found out that they were snooping through other's scrolls and burned them. The end.

Me again.

@sarrepta1

This dragon is known for her obsession over strange food such as "pie" (no one in her entire cave knows what the heck it is). She claims "pie" to be the most delicious thing ever, and is often seen brewing fruits such as cherries and apples into some weird dragon-made pans. Once she had finished making some "pie", she will then begin to RAPIDLY consume the food while spewing out faint groans which translate into "You're a stupid idiot and you can't have my pie!" No one can decipher this message, causing others to dislike her and slap her across the face frequently.

•Abstain: What is this I don't even-*explode*

That was me again.

That's weird, I thought I hit accept. :/

This dragon has always lived a life of hating others. Ever since she was just a little child, her elders have always sent her off with orders always ending with, "No exceptions." Believing that "exceptions" was referring to herself, she immediately swam off into the deepest and darkest depths of the sea she could find. Since she grew in her teenage form, she has been missing from her cave and only appears once in a while to the younger ones, warning them to be aware of the horrid message "No exceptions."

Accept: ...Right...

Me. lD

Lornce has been training himself in comedy techniques for a long time. He attempts to make jokes whenever he can, but also tries to not offend a serious matter. He was not known to be humorous until he met Groacia, a Valentine Dragon who frequently complains about her weight. Upon his first meeting with her, Lornce was forced to survive an hour-long rant (which felt like a century) about how fat Groacia was, when in fact she was at a normal size. Trying to comfort her, Lornce finally responded to her by saying, "There's no need to cry, you're my big fat Valentine!" For the rest of the day, the dragons of Lornce's cave treated him like some kind of god. His quote is the reason dragons are so familiar to him.

Accept: Interesting.

Groacia is a dragon that constantly complains about her weight, always seeming to talk about how fat and ugly she is no matter how busy another dragon is. Usually she is replied to in a harsh tone, "No, Groacia, we do not care about how much (whatever) you ate this morning or how much (whatever) you consumed this afternoon." The more violent dragons tend to tear out a piece of her flesh from her stomach and then saying, "Well I hope THIS helps tone down your size!" They're not very funny, and Groacia knows it. She now rejects other dragons because of their lack of humor. Her true personality is defined to be very loving, and she would be known to try her best not to mention her weight, especially not towards starving dragons.

•Abstain: Very...violent. Tearing out flesh because she complains about her weight? Shouting at her because she might be slightly overweight? You have some very violent dragons on your scroll, ma'am/sir. :/

•Reject:

Me. Dl That was a very violent description in my opinion. And I know of no dragon species that are so violent to tear out annoying dragon's flesh.

@beacker1160

The Hyperactive Poltergeist is a frozen hellfire wyvern dragon. Quite obnoxious and annoying, The Hyperactive Poltergeist, or Polt to his few friends, loves to pop out of strange places and scare the wits out of dragons daily. Often seen around his clan's camp, the feisty little hatchling will hide underneath rocks, on top of trees, or even bury himself in the ground until an unsuspecting dragon comes by. Then, emerging from his hiding place, he pelts them with pebbles or rotten fruit before disappearing into the underbrush and leaving the victim confused. He is so skilled at that prank that many dragons believe it is a ghost attacking them, since he is able to run away from the scene at such a speed that nobody detects him, especially since he usually pranks unsuspecting dragons at obscene hours of the night.

Accept: Here kid, have some coffee. Go nuts. >:D

Me, again.

lD

Edited by SilverX7Studios

Me. Dl That was a very violent description in my opinion. And I know of no dragon species that are so violent to tear out annoying dragon's flesh.

Okay then. Understandable.

EDIT: The description recieved a moderator reject due to its violence. I removed the violent dragon sentence as an edit.

Edited by sarrepta1

Recently, I received two Moderator Rejections with "We don't approve descriptions with references to alcohol use." I wasn't quite aware of that, but oh well, that's too bad, heh. XP

And also, my Cheese dragon got this comment:

The Master makes sure to keep this cheesy dragon in healthy shape. However, whether it is by magical means or obstinance, Mooncheese the Cheese dragon never moves or stirs unless there is a full moon among the stars. This is troublesome because many humans, dragons, and other pests would love to take a bite out of Mooncheese. Luckily, a dragon by the title of "Cheese Guardian" has been appointed to keep watch over all the Cheese dragons in the Kingdom. To this day, no harm, besides the occasionally nibble, has befallen on the animated pieces of dragon cheese.

Accept: Good description, however I don't think "obstinance" is a word. Perhaps you meant "abstinence" or you could try "obstinacy".

I don't mean any disrespect or any sassy attitude, but there's always... I dunno... the internet to look up definitions and words. I occasionally do it when reviewing descriptions. I'm grateful for the comment, though. x3

more edits, because I just saw this comment and appreciate it, too. <3

Nightfall Avenger, otherwise known as Nightfall, was one of the few dragons who lamented his mother's demise. His father warned him of the dangers of revenge and of his sister, Fear Embodied. Enraged, Nightfall left, angered by what he perceived as his father's cowardice. Grieving and seeking justice, Avenge chanced upon a mourning Magma dragon by the name of Honeyfire. The elder Magma dragon attempted to dissuade Nightfall's quest of vengeance, but to no avail.

Once a friendly dragon, Nightfall Avenger is now consumed by anger, bitterness, and revenge. He will do everything in order to destroy his sister and her half-brother. However, in the many skirmishes and fights, Nightfall has consistently failed. Many times has he escaped from certain death and left a red ribbon trail in the skies. Many times has his resolve only strengthen in fury and wrath.

Accept: This is the stereotypical someone dies and the protaganist sets off on a never-ending or seemingly-never ending adventure to kill/defeat someone else. lD Great writing~

Thanks~ *w* That's exactly what this description is. xd.png It's a pretty cliche story, but I love it.

Edited by kiyoura

Recently, I received two Moderator Rejections with "We don't approve descriptions with references to alcohol use." I wasn't quite aware of that, but oh well, that's too bad, heh. XP

This surprises me, especially since my descriptions for Frankincense and Wassail were accepted. I would pm a mod and ask just what the guidelines are about this. Frankincense and Wassail's descriptions may be just vague enough to pass.

So I finally got around to writing a description for my Ice:

Immotus is one of Primiserius' Second-in-Commands, and often regarded as the best out of the trio. When Primiserius is away with certain duties, Immotus takes over ruling duties until their leader returns. When she is not helping run the clan, she is working hard to summon Primiserius' heir to leadership. The process can only be performed at the peak of each cycle of the moon. Immotus has a suspicion that chances are lower during a new moon and are increased during a full moon, but even then the process is very difficult. With only one chance per fortnight, the trio practice their routine nightly to try and perform the perfect act which would lead to a successful summon.

Immotus is one of the oldest clan members and is often approached for wise advice. She has a habit of watching the sun set every night while murmuring an eerie chant. Rumours say that she is encouraging death to approach faster, but others deny it, saying that she knows she has a large responsibility to keep up.

Accept:

Accept:

Accept: give me

Accept:

Accept:

Accept:

Um, give me what?

Um, give me what?

Maybe they wanted your dragon? huh.gif

I don't know whether to laugh or facepalm:

CAPS LOCK IS STUCK ON

THIS DRAGON LIKES SCREAMING SO MUCH THAT SHE FORCED HER OWNER TO NAME HER AFTER HER PERSONAL TERM FOR WRITTEN SCREAMING! HER CONSTANT SCREAMING KEEPS THE OTHER DRAGONS UP AT NIGHT, BUT THAT DOESNT STOP HER FROM RANTING. SHE ENJOYS BELLOWING SO MUCH THAT SHE BOUND HER OWNER IN A MAGICAL OATH TO ENSURE THAT ALL THINGS RELATED TO HER BE WRITTEN, "LOCKED IN CAPITALS," ALSO KNOWN AS CAPS LOCK, OR SAID LOUDLY.

Note to mod (Please remove if approved): This dragon had an old description that was in all caps that was approved. It really isn't fair to me for it to be rejected for that when it used to have a description in all caps.

what....the frick?

A ) Caps lock didn't exist back in the medieval ages. Back then the town herald was the caps lock screamer for the whole village.

B ) This description is extremely distracting and all caps :S

C ) Note to mod? I don't think moderators will take the effort to remove that.

:S I rejected it for caps lock not existing during medieval times and also because it's so...distracting... ._.

Edited by beacker1160

Um, give me what?

I got the same thing on my royal blue o.0

User Comments

Accept: Nice story. Well written.

Accept:

Accept: I love the attention to detail.

Accept:

Accept: give me

Accept:

Accept:

Accept:

So I wrote this for my Gold (description rush, yey) and submitted with realising there was a typo:

Guarra is the army's Second-in-Command and will be be the future army leader when Exaestuo steps down. With his armour-like scales, he is a valuable asset to the Herachus, nearly impervious to serious injuries at the forefront of a battle.

Guarra was always a fighter, even before he joined the clan. He lived a solitary life, stealing kills off other dragons. Shortly before he found the clan, he attempted to steal a Stone dragon's kill while she was on the scene. Both were evenly matched, but Guarra was eventually shoved over, nearly losing an eye to the rough rocks under him. Guarra picked himself up and fled, fearing of losing his life to the infuriated Stone. Years after the incident, he still has a large jagged scar under his left eye.

Guarra is mates with the clan's lead healer Opulentus, a relationship that proves useful out in the battlefield.

Reject: a mate to, not mates

Accept:

Accept:

Accept:

Accept:

Accept:

Accept:

Ouch. There is such thing as the abstain button, you know, for typos and the like?

This surprises me, especially since my descriptions for Frankincense and Wassail were accepted. I would pm a mod and ask just what the guidelines are about this. Frankincense and Wassail's descriptions may be just vague enough to pass.

I looked through your scroll for those two dragons, and I'd say yours didn't directly reference alcohol like my descriptions did. Then again, my dragons' names were something like "99 Bottles of Beer".

@that CAPS description. D'aaaw. I accepted that one.