Dr. Paine

Description comments

Psst, HawktalonOfRiverClan, that should be 'whose spell' not 'who's spell'!

Iqlev has never been overly concerned by matters of lineage or family, and will openly express his boredom with a far-from-polite yawn when conversations turn to matters of notable Thuwed ancestors or how far back a purely magi family can be traced.  He believes that what counts is a dragon's character and actions, not their family tree, and is fond of saying so to especially pompous dragons, especially those who sneer at himself or his mate.  While most dragons would have rejected Argenta Thuwed for her murky origins (despite the Thuwed family name), Iqlev recognized her for the kind, caring dragon she was, and the two have been happily mated for many years.

Accept: When I read this, I automatically thought "is this mathcat?" because I recognize your awesome writing style.

Thanks, unknown commenter. It's always nice to be recognized for a good reason.

Okay, so I did this description last night, an this is what I came back and saw just today...

DJ Professor K's Description:

A rather wise old dragon, Professor K also just happens to be incredibly wacky despite his old age. He often helps out random passersby who wind up in one of the territories of any supposedly dangerous gang-related dragons through very subtle hints about said dragons' locations, various escape routes, how to avoid confrontations with the dragons on their land, and other various things. He also tends to act as a storyteller and peacekeeper towards the dragons whether or not they're in Kimoko's care. Whenever he's not busy doing various tasks to ensure that the gang-clans don't cause any major problems, Professor K can be found resting and chatting with the musical dragons within the area he is at during that time.

Comments:

Accept:

Accept:

Accept:

Accept:

Accept:

Accept:

Accept: Awesome!

Accept:

Accept:

Accept:

Accept:

I never thought that I would get this many reviews as of yet...

Edited by Kimoko_the_Dragon

Okay, so I did this description last night, an this is what I came back and saw just today...

DJ Professor K's Description:

Comments:

I never thought that I would get this many reviews as of yet...

I found that one! xd.png

I'm a birdplane spent a little too much time around Not A Nintendo DS. He learned about some sort of shiny flying things called 'planes' that carried people. Since then he has devoted his flying to be just as good if not better than the 'planes' Not A Nintendo DS told him about. He's an excellent flyer and in order to take advantage of his obsession his owner has made him a very special series of dragon saddles and people pay to ride him from place to place.

User Comments

Moderator Reject: Planes didn't exist in the middle ages. Modern references aren't allowed.

Accept:

Accept:

Accept: funny

Accept:

Accept:

Reject: Planes didn't exist in dragcave times.

Accept: sounds nice

Accept:

Accept:

Accept:

Reject:

The dragon is named for a lineage and I mentioned that he heard of planes through a dragon who I describe as randomly seeing and living in other dimensions...any other things I should do to make this work?

The dragon is named for a lineage and I mentioned that he heard of planes through a dragon who I describe as randomly seeing and living in other dimensions...any other things I should do to make this work?

You don't mention the other dimensions in this description so it just sounds as though you're referencing planes, which is why it's been rejected.

Rice Ball's description...

"Rice Ball is a very odd dragon. When she was a hatchling, an ember dragon named '4Kids' kept harassing her, insisting her name was something other then Rice Ball. He called her 'Onion', 'Chocolate', and sometimes even 'Jelly Filled Doughnut'. He even tried to paint her different colours and kept bothering Lady Silvera to try and make a dragon morphing potion to turn her into another dragon. Eventually Rice Ball went to two other dragons and asked them to keep 4Kids away from her. Nihonad and TTokyo, as these dragons were called, demanded 4Kids stay away from Rice Ball and stop harassing her. After a long and grueling battle, 4Kids finally surrendered and promised to stay away from Rice Ball. She hasn't been bothered yet, although 4Kids still refuses to call her by her name."

User Comments

Accept:

Accept: I like the name (: Very interesting story!

Accept: Funny.

Glad people are getting the reference. xd.png

And to further it...

4Kid's description!

"Long ago, in a kingdom called 'Anime', This evil Ember dragon terrorized the citizens with his horrible powers. 4Kids, as this dragon is called, attempted to destroy not the people of the city themselves, but rather their culture. With the help of several people, most of them ignorant of his motives, 4Kids destroyed everything that made Anime...well, Anime. Books, clothing, weapons, religious buildings, and countless other things were all obliterated. But hope was not lost; Several powerful dragons from neighboring regions came and silenced 4Kids...but no one knows for how long."

User Comments

Abstain: haha, this was very funny and I know exactly what you mean with the whole 4kids deal. Sadly though this description is most likly not going to be accepted by a mod since it brings up modern ideas.

Accept: This description...just made my day

Accept: Omg!The most terrible enemy of the anime has a new face!XDDvery original^^

Accept:

I hope it gets accepted. I REALLY hope this one gets accepted. laugh.gif

Edited by SilverX7Studios

It really makes my day when people more than just click the "accept" button :3

Klassik Soundwaves description~

"Klassik Soundwave, a highly curious seawyrm pygmy has spent all her life by the Thymell Coast, a small coast near to the village of Ddragsvard. She had devoloped a love of classical music from a young maiden who had practiced her violin in secret on the shore every evening; as she was forbidden to play it by her fathers wishes, but her passion and heart went into every note. For hours the maiden played the sweet seranade, with Klassik always listening in secret in a shallow rockpool. This way she would not be found - as secretly Klassik wishes to join in the music. One day however,the maiden fell seriously ill and could no longer play the songs that Klassik loved so dearly...She waits for this maiden for hours on end, every day, in the same place as always. All the while unaware of what happened. Klassik still waits to this day, humming the tunes to any who visit the coast. Klassik believes the maiden will come back one day and refuses to move from the rockpool until she returns."

User Comments

•Accept:

•Accept: how sad... its a wonderful story, i love it!

•Accept:

•Accept:

•Accept:

•Accept: So sad...SO beautiful...*u*

Edited by Zeriel

@Lagie: Whoops. I'll go fix that.

@Zeriel: Aww... That's so tragic and so beautiful. I hope it gets approved!

La'rya was sick of running. She glanced at Rhiannadon, knowing the Terrae wanted to get as far from the hateful jeers back home as she could. La'rya had left as well, hating how her father, Wysteaerian, had always pushed her to be stronger, faster, better. To be someone she was not. But now that she had freedom, she found she was aching for home. She missed her father's warm embrace, and her owner's gentle laugh. But Rhia's pain had blinded her and she believed that the Purple wanted to run away as much as she did. And La'rya was too good of a friend to leave her alone in the wild. With a longing glance homeward, La'rya followed Rhia up the path, farther away from the life she wished she'd never left.

The two did make it home, rescued from a frigid mountain by the gold Tinsel, Emryss Merlin. When La'rya returned, she found her father waiting with tears of joy in his eyes. And though he still pushes his daughter to be the best, he lets her be the best at what she wants to be: Herself.

Comments:

Accept:

Reject:

Accept: This is absolutely fabulous; i'm very impressed exellent job.

To whoever wrote that last comment: oh my gosh, thank you! wink.gif And there must be someone out there who doesn't like this writing style because every single description I've done like this has gotten a few random rejects.

Edited by HawktalonOfRiverClan

4Kid's description!

"Long ago, in a kingdom called 'Anime', This evil Ember dragon terrorized the citizens with his horrible powers. 4Kids, as this dragon is called, attempted to destroy not the people of the city themselves, but rather their culture. With the help of several people, most of them ignorant of his motives, 4Kids destroyed everything that made Anime...well, Anime. Books, clothing, weapons, religious buildings, and countless other things were all obliterated. But hope was not lost; Several powerful dragons from neighboring regions came and silenced 4Kids...but no one knows for how long."

User Comments

Abstain: haha, this was very funny and I know exactly what you mean with the whole 4kids deal. Sadly though this description is most likly not going to be accepted by a mod since it brings up modern ideas.

Accept: Omg!The most terrible enemy of the anime has a new face!XDDvery original^^

Accept:

I hope it gets accepted. I REALLY hope this one gets accepted. laugh.gif

I saw that description! You are a magnificent person and this description is great >u<

--

In my description for my white Dorkface (Bianca Dorkface), someone wrote "Accept: Congrats on the Dorkface!", which was pretty nice of them smile.gif I like it when people leave comments like that!

Rihol lives off by himself in a cave well-removed from the rest of the weyr, and all sorts of rumors have sprung up about what he does with his time - rumors that all pale in comparison to reality.  He has a knack for invention and can create wonders from a few piles of debris.  As Rihol is generally too wrapped up in his latest creation to want to spare time looking for raw material, he's recruited a flock of pygmy dragons to scrounge trash from the local human village's rubbish heap.  Some of his devices - a machine for purifying water, a clockwork mechanism that runs seemingly forever without needing to be wound, and a paste that turns straw into gold - would bring Rihol enough gold to make quite a spectacular hoard, but he has no interest in such mundane matters, instead tossing aside each finished invention to start work on something new.

Accept: I knew it! This had you written all over it, Mathcat! Very nice. smile.gif Accept:

Thanks, anonymous commenter - that made my day! (Perhaps I'm getting a little predictable?)

Rice Ball's description...

"Rice Ball is a very odd dragon. When she was a hatchling, an ember dragon named '4Kids' kept harassing her, insisting her name was something other then Rice Ball. He called her 'Onion', 'Chocolate', and sometimes even 'Jelly Filled Doughnut'. He even tried to paint her different colours and kept bothering Lady Silvera to try and make a dragon morphing potion to turn her into another dragon. Eventually Rice Ball went to two other dragons and asked them to keep 4Kids away from her. Nihonad and TTokyo, as these dragons were called, demanded 4Kids stay away from Rice Ball and stop harassing her. After a long and grueling battle, 4Kids finally surrendered and promised to stay away from Rice Ball. She hasn't been bothered yet, although 4Kids still refuses to call her by her name."

User Comments

Accept:

Accept: I like the name (: Very interesting story!

Accept: Funny.

Glad people are getting the reference. xd.png

And to further it...

4Kid's description!

User Comments

Accept:

I hope it gets accepted. I REALLY hope this one gets accepted.  laugh.gif

oh, hi there! I was the one who abstained! I hope it gets accepted too though, and it was a very good, original story! I couldn't fit that into the comment, so I'm glad I was able to do so now! biggrin.gif

Edited by rileysasha

Sorry for the double post, but I also have a description to show. This, by far, has to be the description with the most accepts I've ever got.

A young whiptail dragon chirps excitedly to many others in her clan. "Have you ever heard of the space chickens!" This most likely causes almost every dragon in earshot to sigh. She is very supportive of the space chickens and she believes in them with all her heart. "They are going to rule the world someday, and I'll live under that rule loyally!" she will commonly say "You just wait!" She will go on for hours about the theory of space chickens and how everyone will learn a great lesson from their greatness. This young dragon is so obsessed with these tales that she even dedicated her own name to supporting the space chickens. As she says, "Chicken just HAVE to come from space!!!"

Accept:

Accept:

Accept:

Accept:

Accept: I love this! So funny! I support Space Chickens to!

Accept:

Accept:

Accept: Very good job, I love the way you created such character.

Accept:

Thanks, anonymous commenter - that made my day! (Perhaps I'm getting a little predictable?)

Anonymous? unsure.gif Did it blank out my name, or did you? huh.gif (I did sign it...)

You're welcome! smile.gif And no, you're not predictable! Just distinctive!

It was that time of year, when snow blanketed the ground and joy filled everyone's hearts. All of the dragons were enjoying the holiday, a rare moment of peace. Even the evil Rita Gawr was humming a merry tune under her rotten breath. All except a lone Ribbon Dancer watching the festivities from the darkest corner of the cave. Rheania loved christmastime, but it was about giving and friends and family, she thought with a heavy heart. She had no family, no friends. She tried her best to be helpful, but always ended up doing more harm than good. She'd even made the other dragons gifts, though they probably hated them. But no one even cared enough to talk to her, let alone give her a gift in return. She heard a slight sound and turned, seeing a hatchling with a beautifully wrapped gift in its jaws. It set down the box and blinked once before scampering off. Written on the tag were three words, "You ARE beautiful." She glanced towards the others. They did care, she thought with a smile.

Comments:

Accept: Really cute! Well written too~

Accept: This was a very touching story, it was beautiful.

Accept:

Accept: Loved it, you are a wonderful writer.

Aww, that's so nice! Thank you so much! That made my day, all of them. biggrin.gif Though it wasn't my idea, it was Kanayne's.

Edited by HawktalonOfRiverClan

I also approved Rheania's Ribbon Dancer description:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was that time of year, when snow blanketed the ground and joy filled everyone's hearts. All of the dragons were enjoying the holiday, a rare moment of peace. Even the evil Rita Gawr was humming a merry tune under her rotten breath. All except a lone Ribbon Dancer watching the festivities from the darkest corner of the cave. Rheania loved christmastime, but it was about giving and friends and family, she thought with a heavy heart. She had no family, no friends. She tried her best to be helpful, but always ended up doing more harm than good. She'd even made the other dragons gifts, though they probably hated them. But no one even cared enough to talk to her, let alone give her a gift in return. She heard a slight sound and turned, seeing a hatchling with a beautifully wrapped gift in its jaws. It set down the box and blinked once before scampering off. Written on the tag were three words, "You ARE beautiful." She glanced towards the others. They did care, she thought with a smile.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's really well written in my opinion and I like it very much! c:

So I wrote this description for my frozen Vampire hatchling:

Cytisus was out foraging when she found a Canopy egg near death. Fearing for its life, she hurried it back to the clan and begged Suco to bite it, so should the hatchling inside die, it would be like a normal vampire, appearing dead during the day and coming back to life at night. Suco warned Cytisus about the danger of killing the egg permanently, and after Cytisus had confirmed that she was happy for the procedure, Suco bit it. The egg turned perfectly, and hatched within the next hour to reveal a healthy Vampire hatchling. Cytisus named the Vampire Peremo and took meticulous care of her. Before long, they were inseparable.

Peremo recently matured and is taking flight lessons, learning how to survive on her own. She is fully accepted into the clan and sleeps with the rest of the clan's vampires during the day, playing with the nocturnal hatchlings at night. Because she was worried about accidentaly biting one of her friends, she made the decision to have her fangs removed.

A user rejected it and I'm trying to see why. Does anyone have an idea as to what is wrong with it? It's kinda hard writing it how I want with the limited space.

Edited by rampaging wyvern

So I wrote this description for my frozen Vampire hatchling:

A user rejected it and I'm trying to see why. Does anyone have an idea as to what is wrong with it? It's kinda hard writing it how I want with the limited space.

It's hard to tell which dragon the description is about, rampaging. You mention three names in there and I'm not totally sure which one the description belongs to. Maybe that's why it was rejected? Can you rephrase parts to make it apply to the vampire hatchling more?

It's hard to tell which dragon the description is about, rampaging. You mention three names in there and I'm not totally sure which one the description belongs to. Maybe that's why it was rejected? Can you rephrase parts to make it apply to the vampire hatchling more?

Okay, will try. *Is bedtime and the words are jumbling together to make a befuddled mess XP* Even though 1000 characters seems like a lot, when you're trying to write something as complex as this it hardly seems enough dry.gif

Edited it, hopefully it's better this time...

Peremo was once a Canopy egg, found near death by one of the foragers. She was brought in to the bull vampire of the clan and transformed into another Vampire, for if she died before hatching, it would merely be part of a Vampire's natural cycle. Able to avoid permanent death in this manner, she hatched within the hour into the caring hands of the dragon who found her, Cytisus.

Although the other hatchlings were nervous around Peremo at first, she soon became fully accepted into the clan and plays with the nocturnal hatchlings every night. Scared of accidentaly biting one of her friends, she had her fangs removed quickly and fairly painlessly by Opulentus, and thus now plays without worry. As Cytisus is asleep at night and can't watch over Peremo, the clan's adult female Vampire Ofella has taken the night care duty, taking Peremo with her during hunts and teaching her the necessary skills to survive.

I saw the rewrite come through earlier today, Rampaging! Approved it. smile.gif

Thanks to whoever made this comment on my latest description:

User Comments

•Accept: lol it's awesome! biggrin.gif Approved, keep up with the good drag descriptions!

smile.gif

Edited by Lagie

Just sent this description with a minor edit:

It's a chicken. Its favourite food appears to be corn, and it has a habit of clucking loudly in the morning. It often attempts to fly, but can achieve no more than a mere flutter across the ground. It is often found scratching the ground and pecking up anything that is even remotely edible, and likes to have the occasional dust bath. When the weather turns and starts raining, the chicken scurries for shelter under a bush or shrub, flapping wildly. It is often found around Mint dragons, waiting for a chance to grab any bits of food the dragons may have with them, and also uses their shyness as a warning for when danger is near. When a larger dragon appears, the chicken tends to go crazy, and half runs, half flutters to the nearest bush. Dragons normally don't have much interest in this awkward and unintelligent bird, but some aerial hunters try to take advantage of it, however they always give up after deciding it isn't worth the effort.

Description comments so far:

Accept: This description is- oh hey look, corn!

xd.png

@ Wodkco Meidkuad Thuwed; green dragon

Description:

The rumbling earth, the hurtling boulders, the toppling mountains! All must fear the mighty thuwed green dragon, for she brings death and destruction wherever she goes! But Wodkco Meidkuad Thuwed is not as she seems. She is actually very gentle and kind (despite her intimidating looks), and she would never do such a thing as bring on a terrifying earthquake for no reason. As her clan's first thuwed, she is very fun loving and social, and she always makes sure to behave her best, so as to not shame her noble ancestors. Her name, like most thuweds, is written in a secret and legendary language, but, as it is extremely hard to pronounce, she prefers dragons to call her "Wocky" or "Meidkai". She also loves to admire her pretty and interesting lineage, which many dragons envy. However, she herself does not really care that much for it, but only finds it amusing that there are so many "stripey whites" on there!

Comments:

Accept: O_O so many stripes!! wish I had a PB EG 6th gen stripe...

Accept:

Accept:

Accept:

Accept:

xd.png!

To whoever wrote that comment, it was so funny! I lol'd when I checked for desc comments and saw THAT! xd.png

EDIT: And this ._. I wrote it for a waterhorse hatchling I decided to freeze tongue.gif (I must be on a freezing spree; I froze 4 hatchlings in 1 week o.e)

Description:

Sweetheart's Golden Lake is a frozen waterhorse hatchling. Though she remains ungendered and ungrowing to this day, she thinks she is a female, though she cannot be sure. As a young hatchling, Sweetheart's Golden Lake, or Sweet as she was called, often swam in the clear, pristine part of the lake that her clan's water dragons live in. She spent most of her time splashing around her aquatic home and relaxing on the sandy shore, where she played with blossoms as the trees swayed in the seaside breeze. When she was told she would become an adult and couldn't relax all day anymore, she begged one of the magi dragons to freeze her. However, they were reserving their magic and couldnt do it, so in desperation, she sought out Witewing, her clan's oldest white dragon. He agreed to cast the spell, and since then, she can be found playfully splashing Midnight Petal, her friend, and swimming around the shining water (which seems to shimmer gold in the sunlight) in the lake that she calls home.

Comments:

Accept:

Accept:

Accept:

Accept: Beautiful description! <3

That made my day smile.gif

Edited by beacker1160

Will we ever be able to see who comments on our descriptions? This is my Rosebud's "Awaiting Moderation" description:

Love comes as easily as breathing to this Rosebud dragon. She loves easily, and many say she's never harbored any ill-feelings or hatred. This makes her susceptible to betrayal and to being taken advantage of. However, there are many dragons including Letizio, El Amor, and Amorya who regularly protect her from bad influences and harm. It can be said that Ioete lives in an ivory tower, but this isn't the case. Ioete knows the dangers and evils of the world. Unlike her protectors, she is more optimistic and believes that even the evil deserve a chance. Some call her naive and innocently stupid. Yet, some find her a beam of light in a world that can become so very dark and foreboding. No matter what can happen, Ioete will persevere and maintain an optimistic outlook on a world she will never give up on.

My comments:

Accept:

Accept:

Reject: I don't like the description please write something else

The Reject description... REALLY? REALLY? Is that even a valid reason to reject my description?! I'd really like to thrash the person who left that behind for me. I'm just annoyed, especially since I've have plenty of dragons with approved descriptions.

Will we ever be able to see who comments on our descriptions? This is my Rosebud's "Awaiting Moderation" description:

Love comes as easily as breathing to this Rosebud dragon. She loves easily, and many say she's never harbored any ill-feelings or hatred. This makes her susceptible to betrayal and to being taken advantage of. However, there are many dragons including Letizio, El Amor, and Amorya who regularly protect her from bad influences and harm. It can be said that Ioete lives in an ivory tower, but this isn't the case. Ioete knows the dangers and evils of the world. Unlike her protectors, she is more optimistic and believes that even the evil deserve a chance. Some call her naive and innocently stupid. Yet, some find her a beam of light in a world that can become so very dark and foreboding. No matter what can happen, Ioete will persevere and maintain an optimistic outlook on a world she will never give up on.

My comments:

Accept:

Accept:

Reject: I don't like the description please write something else

The Reject description... REALLY? REALLY? Is that even a valid reason to reject my description?! I'd really like to thrash the person who left that behind for me. I'm just annoyed, especially since I've have plenty of dragons with approved descriptions.

Your description is fine (of course) and I went in and approved it.