Dr. Paine

Description comments

Hi everyone. This is the first description I've written so far:

Brave Eglantine earned her name the hard way. As an egg, she was saved from abandonment with only eleven minutes left to live. But the little hatchling inside that egg wasn't ready to give up without a fight. A fight is what it took, although even her owner was doubtful the little dragonlet would make it with so little time left, thinking Brave Eglantine would merely wind up as a small, broken eggshell at the back of the cave. Eleven minutes and three emergency rooms later, Brave Eglantine proved everyone wrong by hatching from her egg with not a moment to spare. She has lived happily among her owner's other dragons ever since. She is living proof that sometimes, all you need in order to thrive is a helping hand and a healthy dose of stubbornness.

It got these comments, among others:

Accept:

Reject: Too, too much. Sorry, but that's my opinion.

Accept: your vocabulary and naming sound like that of an owl's. heh, i like it!

Last comment: Someone got my reference! Yay!

Middle comment: They're entitled to their opinion, but I wish they'd said what they thought was too much. Too long? Too sentimental? What?

Here's one that I wrote a while ago that hasn't been accepted yet:

While Midnashadow isn't overtly hostile, she isn't terribly friendly, either. That is, unless one has or can do something to suit her means, whatever they may be at the time. Blunt, sarcastic, and sometimes bossy, she doesn't generally get along well with dragons or people she doesn't know well. However, there are some who she regards as close friends, and if anything were to happen to them, the enemy'd need to watch out! There are rumors that she is a Princess of a mysterious place called the 'Twilight Realm', but she won't confirm nor deny them. She has a tiny, strange fragment of glass from what seems to be a shattered mirror, which she often gazes into, sighing longingly and whispering "What if..."

Accept:

Accept:

Accept:

Accept: "what if..." <3

Accept:

Accept: Nice description

Accept:

^Not sure if that fourth person got my reference to the Legend of Zelda game "Twilight Princess", but thank you to whomever you are and to the 6th person. I love getting comments~

Okay, I'm still working (rather slowly) on my dragons' descriptions. While I was working on DoomRider's description, I've gotten one accept with a comment.

DoomRider's Description:

Once a passerby hears this dragon's roar, they know that there's going to be trouble. DoomRider is one of if not the most dangerous and short-tempered dragon that KimokoTheDragon knows to date. Very little is known about his original clan, how it disappeared, and why he became so violent after the clan was lost. Despite his fiery temper, he is actually a gentle giant when it comes to being around hatchlings, children, and Kimoko. However, that doesn't give the excuse that any living creature can threaten or injure any of them as long a he is near. If anyone tries that, they're asking for a death wish.

Comment:

Accept: Oooooo! Very nice!

Whoever it was, thanks. It actually made my day someone commented on one of my dragons' descriptions today.

Maralinga's name roughly translates as 'where the thunder is'. This is highly fitting, as she is the producer of one of the three non-perpetual elements - electricity. She flies to an area that is shrouded in a heavy cloud, and begins her work, creating storms. Her storms are quite impressive, with plenty of thunder and lightning. But they are also highly powerful, capable of destroying objects and harming dragons, a fact which Maralinga learned the hard way, where she held her electricity too long until it literally exploded off her. She still bears massive scars from the incident. Maralinga is very secretive, sometimes hiding away for months at a time. Most dragons have never seen her, or do not even know she is around, but some say that during a storm they thought they saw the shadow of a giant dragon in the sky.

Although I don't have the comments any more, this had five accepts, but was also the victim of another random reject. Which confused me a bit, because I personally don't see anything wrong with it O.o

Edited by rampaging wyvern

The description of Lord Ghirahim the Demon;

Due to his mysteriousness, Lady Silver decided to name him 'Ghirahim'.

However, He also is very graceful and majestic, so perhaps she could have named him 'Grace' or 'Majesty'.

...or Debbie.

User Comments:

Abstain: Debbie?

This person obviously doesn't know the quote from Spongebob.

Edited by SilverX7Studios

User Comments:

You're right. I didn't! rolleyes.gif

User Comments:

I got the reference and love the description (and approved it). smile.gif

Beware Macduff is so named because that is all he ever says. None of the other dragons have any idea what he is talking about, but they keep their eyes open anyway... except one of them. Beware The Thane Of Fief came to Snowytoshi's cave shortly after Beware Macduff did. They both succeed in terrifying all the other dragons despite a different Turpentine named Be Bloody, Bold, And Resolute's arrival. Now all the other dragons can talk about is Beware Macduff and his strange prophecy.

User Comments:

Accept: Love the names of your turps Toshi - smile.gif

Accept:

I love the first comment because 1. I love getting comments and 2. I quite like their names smile.gif

That comment was me smile.gif 'Be Bloody, Bold, And Resolute' has to be one of my top ten dragon names ever.

My descriptions get approved so fast at he moment that I don't get to see many comments sad.gif - Well nothing to complainn about really ;P

Thanks! I'm performing Macbeth on Monday so I have a lot of lines from that play as dragons now smile.gif

Copperfield thinks of himself as a very handsome male. He is so fixated on his appearance that he even experimented with spells to darken his scales to a shade more akin to copper than the usual bright orange of his species. Most other dragons however find his unnatural skin colour and his constant smiling a bit creepy.

Copperfield studies mostly with Zanthara and Mandrake to learn the art of illusion but hasn't yet reached the level of skill displayed by them or their son Houdini.

Got:

Accept: I like how you give his personality, a bit of description on what he looks like other than the sprite, and what he likes to do.

I love how the reviewer took the time to type out such a detailed accept ^^

Edit : The thoughtful reviewer is back:

When Hermie Phroditos hatched a problem manifested itself almost immediately. Hermie - the left head - is completely and utterly female, she loves singing, talking with friends for hours and hours about nothing at all and other 'girly' stuff and insists on being referred to as a she. Phroditos - on the other hand is very insistent on the fact that he's a 'he', thank you very much. This has led too many arguments between the two and both lived in a constant fear of the day they would grow so old, that they're genders would be decided one way or the other.

Hermie was not only afraid that she might get stuck in the wrong body but also that Phroditos might lose a part of his identity and vice versa since the both halves were good friends. So together they went to Delirium to ask her for help. The supreme magi of the clan put a spell on them to prevent them from ever ageing and therefore from the fate of being trapped in a body they felt wasn't their own.

Got: Accept: I like how you make them seperate genders and tell about why they were frozen.

Accept:

Accept:

Edit:

Sir Hamish is very proud of his old and renowned family and his pure black heritage. He is named after his great-grandfather's best friend and like the rest of his family he is very, VERY keen on tradition.

There's only one problem: Hamish was the first dark-black dragon that was ever born into his family and his parents disowned him and sent him away as soon as it became clear that his odd colouring would stay that way. For a while Hamish was taken care of a group of whites lead by Florence Drake, who told him the basics of the healing art while he stayed with them. When he grew older Hamish became restless and seeked out thrills wherever he could until Florence brought him to the leader of her whole clan the black dragoness Fumee.

Since then Hamish has lived and fought with the other blacks sometimes acting as their field medic to help out until the whites arrived.

Got : Accept: Haha, racist

Accept:

First one WTF? blink.gif

Black Rose of Thunder comes more after her thunder father than after her black mother. She is easy to anger and some have given her the nick-name 'the uncoming storm' if only behind her back. While the saying 'every Rose has its thorns' is widely known, dragons among Herk's clan have begun to wonder if this Rose has anything BUT thorns.

Rose on the other hand doesn't mind what any dragon might think of her, she is a valuable warrior of the clan and one day she will grow into a leadership position, she's sure of it.

Got: Accept: You should be a writer smile.gif

Which made my day smile.gif

Edited by herk

Ok, so I wrote a description for my Lumina.

No Light is vain even by Lumina standards. Obsessed with his appearance, he will not allow others to get near or touch him, for fear they will damage his beautiful scales. Having his divine visage damaged is his greatest fear, and he even went so far as to alienate himself from his fellow Luminas, finding a far off cave he considered safe. He hid himself away, only coming out at night during the full moon to see the pale light glint off his reflective scales. It was one of these rare nights he met a Shadow Walker dragon named Paeniteo, and allowed her near because her ghostly form could not damage him.

Got these comments:

•Accept:

•Accept:

•Accept: *he hides himself.

•Reject: Its a lumina, it has light.

Ok I might change the tense.

But what is WITH that reject? ?????????????? D: D:

It does not... ? Did you read the breed description? ;-; Unless I missed something. and who cares? does that really warrent a reject? I don't understand....

blink.gif

Actually, hid sounds fine to me.

Sounds fine to me as well (so I went to the descriptions and accepted it). smile.gif

Ok, so I wrote a description for my Lumina.

Got these comments:

•Accept:

•Accept:

•Accept: *he hides himself.

•Reject: Its a lumina, it has light.

Ok I might change the tense.

But what is WITH that reject? ?????????????? D: D:

It does not... ? Did you read the breed description? ;-; Unless I missed something. and who cares? does that really warrent a reject? I don't understand....

blink.gif

I saw that one biggrin.gif I accepted :3

Ah, thank you. I was wondering about the tense and hadn't changed it. Thank you for accepting it, rubyshoes smile.gif

I also have a question about my Tsunami's descripion... I gave it the power to sink ships with waves (I figure if there are humans in DC's universe there are probably ships) and someone rejected it saying I'd overpowered my dragon. I disagree... it's breed description gives it the power to make large waves.

EDIT: Ah it got accepted too LOL. ^^

Edited by Kaini

Once a puny little egg, it has grown to be a fierce plant animal. It has venus fly traps around it and is a invasive dragon. It needs a lot of miles just to be able to live in the area. It has a very short attention span and loves to mess with other dragons such as its own breed and other types. It has attacked its owner before and is close to being released.

User Comments:

Accept

Reject - Grammer Issues? <--- Whats up with that? The least he could do is spell grammar right. >:o

Whats with the Reject. He/She is telling me I have grammar issues when he/she cant

spell grammar? >_>

Edited by GoldenFist

•Accept: Hooray for speedy corrections!

•Accept:

•Accept:

I try LOL.

I try LOL.

xd.png That was me! (I do love seeing them come right back!)

So, what better way to finish off a Muppet marathon than by recreating the cast of The Muppet Show?

Oghava is the resident diva among the Karev Entertainers.  Temperamental and quick to lash out at anyone who offends her with her tail (in a move strikingly similar to a human karate chop), Oghava is the member of the group most often in need of placating.  Her oversize ego leads her to believe that she's a far better singer than she truly is (though her telepathic voice is decent enough), and she fiercely defends her position as the sole female singer.  Oghava fancies herself deeply in love with beleaguered host Mivvit (or "Mivvie," as she affectionately calls him), and is willing to go to great lengths to have the two of them formally declared mates.  Though she frequently scares Mivvit just a little, they do deeply care about each other, so perhaps one day Oghava's dream will come true.

Accept: PIGGY!!!

Accept:

Someone got the reference, obviously.

So, what better way to finish off a Muppet marathon than by recreating the cast of The Muppet Show?

Accept: PIGGY!!!

Accept:

Someone got the reference, obviously.

Me! *waves hands madly about, Kermie-style*

This is my pending description for the shy-but-stoic Kiriishi Lunaris:

Kiriishi is as close as a brother to Yin, the leader of the Lunaris. The two dragons are often seen strolling together, exchanging jokes or news of interesting events.

Kiriishi is talkative in his telepathic voice, but other than that, he is more quiet and subdued than most Moonstone dragons. This is partially because his hearing is very sensitive; his own voice sounds very loud to him, so when he must vocalize, he tends to do it as quietly as he can. On the other hand, his sensitivity to sound and his ability to concentrate on individual noises make him invaluable as a guardian.

And this is the very first comment he received:

Accept: I got female!

...I'm confused. xd.png

^I think that person was referring to the new dragon species, and how they got a female version of the lumina dragon species. :>

Nice description, by the way. ^^

When Kemsar first arrived, he scared the Karev Entertainers half to death by claiming to be the Phantom of the Amphitheater - the ghost of the last dragon to perform there.  While no ghost (he's as vulnerable to Oghava's tail as anyone), he's undeniably creepy, perhaps even deadly, and nobody's ever been able to figure out his past history.  Kemsar is the obvious choice for any skit requiring a villain (especially the over-the-top pantomime sort), and the ease with which he adapts to any role suggests some sort of theatrical training in his background (dragon theater - fewer sets and costumes, more magic and fireballs).  Though frequently sinister and occasionally dangerous, Kemsar is at heart a loyal member of the Karev Entertainers and would fight to the death to protect the amphitheater.

Accept: Is he... A Large Ham? CAN I BE HIS NEW BEST FRIEND?! *gives him bacon dragon cookie*

Accept:

Another Muppet Show dragon, though I doubt anyone will get the reference - he's somewhat obscure.

A young deer gently walked through the forest, unaware of the danger that lay ahead. A loud snap echoed, followed by the deer's dying squeal. A small Spotted Greenwing crept from the undergrowth towards his kill, his spots glowing slightly and clawless paws making almost no imprint in the soft ground. Na'avii looked resentfully at his paws as he released the deer, growling angrily at the apprentice Magi who's spell had made him this way. Forcing him to hunt at early twilight because the gentle glow emitted from parts of his green spots makes him too visible at night and use rope and metal scraps to trap his prey rather than attack them himself, the spell has left him withdrawn from the rest of his clan out of paranoia. Though several Whites and Magis have offered to attempt to undo the damage, he refuses, unable to trust any dragon who wields magic.

Comments:

Accept:

Accept:

Accept:

Reject:

Accept:

Accept: thats totally EPIC!!!!! i love it!

Accept:

I'm glad one person liked it. smile.gif I wish you were required to leave a comment with rejects...