Dr. Paine

Description comments

@natayah - It's not the first time I've have a mod stomp officiously on a description that really should have been acceptable and fitting for the site. I guess I might mind less if I wasn't a professional copy editor with almost 10 years' experience both in-house and as a freelancer. If I'm a lil salty about the process, that might be why.

@natli - Out of curiosity I reviewed a few descriptions to see if I could find an example of an unnamed dragon with a description. Yours was the first one I read, got a thumbs up from me. I am so freaking jealous of that code!

@natayah - It's not the first time I've have a mod stomp officiously on a description that really should have been acceptable and fitting for the site.  I guess I might mind less if I wasn't a professional copy editor with almost 10 years' experience both in-house and as a freelancer.  If I'm a lil salty about the process, that might be why.

@natli - Out of curiosity I reviewed a few descriptions to see if I could find an example of an unnamed dragon with a description.  Yours was the first one I read, got a thumbs up from me.  I am so freaking jealous of that code!

Yes, but we have to work with what we have. I do I have extensive education in grammar and English in general. I can't help it that I'm a mod, and a professional editor is not. Sometimes life works that way. We do our best. I have not "stomped" on any of your descriptions, as I've only mistakenly rejected one of your descriptions.

I didn't even reject due to the content of the description; I rejected because I thought it was just a wiped name. That was my fault because it was an oversight. If you have any suggestions on how to better the description process, please bring it to the suggestions forum, but ultimately, it's out of our hands. It's all up to TJ, and I'm sure he's considering everything, especially since description mods have been suggested already. smile.gif

Edited by Earth Gurl

tINAE has a crush on Itsy Bity Vampire, and though he tries to build up the courage to tell her, he just can't manage it. It doesn't help that he is almost as shy as she is, so he tends to run when he sees her. He haunts the same area, but because his dark scales blend more easily into the night, no-one knows he is there. When he patters across a roof, the assumption is that it is her making the noise. He really likes moths, because they don't seem to be afraid even when a vampire like himself is towering over their delicate wings.

Accept: Awww, best wishes that these two find each other one day! Very nice descrip! - NAT

Accept: Awww! The detail about the moths is super cute. ~OW

Awww... it's a cute pair of commenters. And look! They've grown wings! They must be close to maturing.

...Seriously, though, that's adorable. Especially with the two of them in tandem.

As the eldest daughter of the Guardian of Nature's Call and heir to the Porcelain Throne, Princess Portapotty takes her business seriously. She enjoys working with foreign relations, and whenever disaster strikes, she is among the first to come, carrying enchanted chamber-pots that teleport away any bodily wastes deposited into them as well as infinite rolls of toilet paper. They may not be as comfortable as proper facilities, but the set-up is very portable.

Accept: The only nit-pick I have is that "toilet paper" per se didn't exist in DC times, so maybe call it something like "infinite sheets of personal-cleansing parchment"? Otherwise, hilarious descrip! xd.png

Accept: KoD... I just don't even know what to say about this descrip. I am speechless. I am also approving it, but speechless. Perfect name, especially for Nature's Call brown kiddo. - NAT

Accept: This is fantastic xd.png. Reading this and her parents' descriptions has really improved my day!

Descriptions: sometimes, you gotta do what you gotta do. Er, doo.

Terrible Poerty is very insistent that she is not a black-capped teimarr, she is a yellow-footed teimarr. The distinction is lost on non-teimarrs, given that the black-capped variety have yellow feet anyways, and Terrible Poerty definitely has black scales on her head.

Unfortunately for the world around her, Terrible Poerty fancies herself a poet and therefore beyond the rules of spelling, punctuation, and grammar. She is quick to criticize others' verse, proudly proclaiming that she could do a thousand times better. The only thing she has admitted to having writing is the following (and she considers it the epitome of poetry):

"i eVer taqos

----bana---infinity

but (all ever hyper) expalin lin lan lain

four

meyouMeyoumEyoume

-----that ever wIweeI

t

o

windshield is enjoy"

Accept: Oh dear.. that's um... quite the poem... xd.png

Accept: Ooo I love it! I thought it might be a DirtyTabs Descrip but it was a KoD one, quite enjoyed! - NAT

Abstain: "having writing" should either be just "writing" or "having written". Otherwise it's great; I think her poetry could rival yours wink.gif

Yes! My sarcastic goal of impersonating Tabs has succeeded! Granted, I came up with it back when I wrote Choosers, who is a lame pun. Thanks to the individual who pointed out my typo; I hope that the comment about poem quality is a joke. I mean, I wrote that as a parody of awful poetry. In retrospect 'windshield' is anachronistic; but since it's supposed to be bad/gibberish, I think it's okay.

Accept: Ooo I love it! I thought it might be a DirtyTabs Descrip but it was a KoD one, quite enjoyed! - NAT

Yes! My sarcastic goal of impersonating Tabs has succeeded! Granted, I came up with it back when I wrote Choosers, who is a lame pun.

No no, don't listen to KoD. Tabs would never never assault your precious eyes with terrible poetry. Never not ever. (The former received several Rejects/Abstains that I, being uncooperative, stubbornly ignored.)

The plural of "teimarr" is "teimarr", BTW.

Edited by dirtytabs

So, just got a comment on a description which is confusing.

This is the description;

Lorna, as she is known, is without a doubt a fearsome beast. Sharp of tooth and fast of claw, few dare stand up to this awe-inspiring dragon when she is on the attack, and that is exactly how she wants it to be.

Before her foster mother's passing, she wanted little to do with the flock, taking to a life of wandering before she was even fully grown. But news of her mother's tragic death brought Lorna back home, even if it was only to say one last farewell.

However, as she prepared to leave, she was approached by her remaining foster family, Ailill and Keres. What was exchanged between them is known only to them, but the result everyone could see; the formerly nameless wanderer, now Verlornes II, was now the second-in-command of "The Queen's Shadow", a newly formed unit dedicated to one thing; protecting the flock from betrayal.

Even now, Lorna is a loner, and when not hunting with her unit, she can be found in the training cave or beside her foster mother's grave

This is the comment;

Abstain: "thing; protecting" should be "thing: protecting", but other than that, this is excellent smile.gif

I mean, I'm happy that they obviously actually read it rather than just "auto-vote", yeah, but I fail to see how a single perceived punctuation mistake - which isn't even a mistake to begin with, as far as I know, - can justify an abstain? I consider myself strict on reviewing, but even I give 3 chances before I start into abstain territory...

Edited by CharonDusk

I mean, I'm happy that they obviously actually read it rather than just "auto-vote", yeah, but I fail to see how a single perceived punctuation mistake - which isn't even a mistake to begin with, as far as I know, - can justify an abstain? I consider myself strict on reviewing, but even I give 3 chances before I start into abstain territory...

As a mod who has received several comments against editing a few typos and accepting, I now reject, especially if you have comments pointing out the typos. So this sounds like someone who has talked to mods about our preferences or was wary that the descrip would be mod approved before the typo was fixed. Maybe they felt bad rejecting or felt a reject was too strong.

Remember that there are two people to keep in mind when you review descriptions: the writer and the mods. If you are eyeing something like description mod, it will look better on you if your review choices agree with mods the majority of the time. But if you're approving descriptions that we're rejecting for those typos you pointed out... it's going to look like you don't understand the description guidelines because your actions will not line up with ours very well. Even though you are approving because they are minor typos, not because you're letting major issues slide, our impression could go either way, as we're not going to know the exact reason mods disagreed with your decisions.

In any case, I think we're getting picky if we start picking on how people /vote/ now. In some ways, I think users should see descriptions more like mods. You could see comments and if the overall vote was positive (more reviews) or negative (more rejects) or maybe even not seeing votes at all - just comments. I know many of you are bothered by phantom rejects, and some of you are bothered by abstains. So maybe just seeing comments would be better?

As a note, I do agree with the comment's grammar suggestion. That's not what semi-colons are for. A colon is what is appropriate there. =)

As a note, I do agree with the comment's grammar suggestion. That's not what semi-colons are for. A colon is what is appropriate there. =)

So in other words, because of one tiny "mistake" - which from my understanding, since it's two clauses closely related to each other but could stand on their own, a semi-colon is also perfectly fine to use here - I have to resubmit my entire description, effectively wiping out the other votes I've got on it, which your post makes it seem like they have a say on whether it gets mod approval or not?

I apologise if I come across as irritable, but when you spend ages working out the write wording, working out a personality and history and so many other things, only to be told that one little tiny thing can get you rejected... Well.

And again, no offence, but your post makes it kinda seem like there's some people out there who care more about getting in good with the mods than actually helping people become better writers. I'm not saying the comment on mine was like that, I genuinely believe they were trying to help, but simply knowing there are people out there who think like that...

Edited by CharonDusk

So in other words, because of one tiny "mistake" - which from my understanding, since it's two clauses closely related to each other but could stand on their own, a semi-colon is also perfectly fine to use here - I have to resubmit my entire description, effectively wiping out the other votes I've got on it, which your post makes it seem like they have a say on whether it gets mod approval or not?

I apologise if I come across as irritable, but when you spend ages working out the write wording, working out a personality and history and so many other things, only to be told that one little tiny thing can get you rejected... Well.

And again, no offence, but your post makes it kinda seem like there's some people out there who care more about getting in good with the mods than actually helping people become better writers. I'm not saying the comment on mine was like that, I genuinely believe they were trying to help, but simply knowing there are people out there who think like that...

"protecting the flock from betrayal" is not an independent clause, so a semi-colon is not appropriate there.

Tbh, I'm not really sure why you're so upset. To my understanding, that's a user comment, not a moderator reject. You still have time to fix it before a mod sees it.

I do get that the years long wait has been incredibly upsetting, but simply having one typo pointed out isn't the end of the world. Thanks to EG, the years long wait is disappearing. Fix the typo and your description will probably be modded very soon and be easily and quickly approved.

I wasn't saying that it's caring about the mods over the user. I'm saying that your comment and decision matter in the long run to both user and the mods. If a mod is going to reject for a few typos (I usually don't reject for just one typo, but if there is a comment pointing it out, I might, considering how long the backlog has been going on for the user likely had time to fix it and considering I have received negative reactions many times by fixing typos myself to approve), it makes sense for users to do the same or to abstain if they feel bad doing so. All I'm saying is that the decisions you make may have more than one use in the cave, and there's nothing wrong with keeping that in mind, particularly if you want to be able to help moderate descriptions so the wait isn't years long so getting a reject isn't so devastating.

Based on one of your comments, I will just add that I have rejected descriptions with perfect scores and approved descriptions with negative scores. User reviews do not determine my decision. As mods, it's our duty to actually moderate the description ourselves. But the comments are extremely helpful - if I know you've received several comments correcting a typo or pointing out your description is overpowered or something, then I know my own comment doesn't have to be so detailed, as the issue has been pointed out to you. But if your description has a perfect score, no comments pointing out the issue, and I'm rejecting for whatever reason, then I need to leave a comment that's more clear on why I'm rejecting, as I can't just refer you to the user comments.

I'm not saying user reviews determine mod decisions. I'm saying mod decisions agreeing with your decisions or not could be the difference in you becoming a descrip moderator or not.

And as a writer myself, I know what it's like to have my typos and other mistakes pointed out. It's embarrassing and very easy to take personally. But my advice is to go back and read that comment. They called your description excellent! That's a compliment. So they abstained - really, so what? In the long run, that abstain doesn't really mean anything to you. It's not like your dragons comments or "review score" are saved for you. As soon as that description gets approved, all that stuff disappears.

I guess we're just having trouble communicating because I do not find abstains personally insulting (and yes, I have described dragons before). I'm really sorry you're upset. I just promise that the commentor didn't do it to upset you.

I know they didn't do it to upset me, and it wasn't them that irritated me, but it doesn't matter now. The change has been made. So whatever happens now, happens.

I was in the shower and realized I wasn't very clear and had forgotten to say some things, so I just want to add really quick:

No, I am not all that likely to reject a description just for one grammar mistake. I know grammar is difficult for native English speakers, never mind the fact that grammar rules vary by country and language. Probably the only time I'll do something like this is if the description is one sentence and they forgot a period.

Next, I got off topic a little, but my main point was... We don't know why that user abstained. They could have abstained because they've had their own description rejected by a moderator for a typo or two. They could have abstained because they simply don't like choosing approve or reject. They could have seen the a and accidentally abstained instead of approving. But it's clear from their comment that they didn't mean the abstain as something malicious to hurt you. And whatever their reason for abstaining, it is a valid choice. Abstain is an option for users to select, and they're allowed to do it.

In any case, descriptions are not meant to cause this much harm to your mental health. I'm really sorry that you were so upset, but I'm glad you seem better now.

Kind of like a novice at this ((I am way too hyped my first 4 dragons became adults)) and this is mah first description. This is for my Monarch Dragon, Wings of Order :>

Wings of Order, often referred to as Order for short, is the leader of the Windberry clan. She's awfully filled with pride, a bit too much. She is honest, but a little gullible. If you say, for example, that there is a Gold egg at the Alpine, she'd send a patrol there or something like that. She's quite youthful, and a quick learner.

Her biggest flaw is strangely her self-confidence. She always wants to deal with big problems herself. This flaw can easily get her into trouble, as well as situations where she would be near death.

Order doesn't want to raise a family; instead she'd rather fight battles and handle her duties. After all, caring for young while handling leader duties? 'That's too hard for me,' she always thinks. And that was a great decision indeed.

Yes, I know it's pretty bad. But oh well, I tried. And an attempt is an attempt.

lol

Why do you think it's bad? I think it's quite an intriguing and creative read!

I would just have a few grammar suggestions:

Wings of Order, often referred to as Order for short, is the leader of the Windberry clan. She's awfully filled to the brim with pride, - a bit too much. She is honest, but a little gullible. If you say, for example, that there is a Gold egg at in the Alpine mountains, she'd send a patrol there or something like that. She's quite youthful, and a quick learner.

Her biggest flaw is, strangely, her self-confidence. She always wants to deal with big problems herself. This flaw can easily get her into trouble, as well as and into situations where she would be near death.

Order doesn't want to raise a family; instead, she'd rather fight battles and handle her duties. After all, caring for young while handling leader duties? 'That's too hard for me,' she always thinks. And that was a great decision indeed.

But I certainly see nothing here to make you think this is bad!

Why do you think it's bad? I think it's quite an intriguing and creative read!

I would just have a few grammar suggestions:

Wings of Order, often referred to as Order for short, is the leader of the Windberry clan. She's awfully filled to the brim with pride, - a bit too much. She is honest, but a little gullible. If you say, for example, that there is a Gold egg at in the Alpine mountains, she'd send a patrol there or something like that. She's quite youthful, and a quick learner.

Her biggest flaw is, strangely, her self-confidence. She always wants to deal with big problems herself. This flaw can easily get her into trouble, as well as and into situations where she would be near death.

Order doesn't want to raise a family; instead, she'd rather fight battles and handle her duties. After all, caring for young while handling leader duties? 'That's too hard for me,' she always thinks. And that was a great decision indeed.

But I certainly see nothing here to make you think this is bad!

*fierce editing*

:>

Thanks for the critique.

Wings of Order, often referred to as Order for short, is the leader of the Windberry clan. She's awfully filled to the brim with pride, a bit too much. She is honest but a little gullible. If you say, for example, that there is a Gold egg in the mountains, she'd send a patrol there or something like that. She's quite youthful and a quick learner.

Her biggest flaw is strangely her self-confidence. She always wants to deal with big problems herself. This flaw can easily get her into trouble, and into situations where she would be near death.

Order doesn't want to raise a family; instead, she'd rather fight battles and handle her duties. After all, caring for young while handling leader duties 'That's too hard for me,' she always thinks. And that was a great decision indeed.

I don't even know why I said it was bad. xd.png

edit: oh this marks a new page, that's cool i guess

Edit 2: Order just has 2 blank accepts. I wrote a description for my frozen Candelabra boi, Taige the Cuteness Extroadinaire.

This guy... This guy is absolutely adorable. He is always jumpy and loves to climb on the backs of older dragons. He often knocks over other eggs, making other dragons a little frustrated. Taige is very playful, and enjoys his time with the other hatchlings.

He doesn't care about what accidents he causes, and he occasionally plays pranks on high-ranked dragons. What a rascal!

Edited by Cobaltberri

In a world filled with darkness, there shines a great beacon of light, and the beacon of light is TLOU... That's what the so-called prophecy says. The rest of the mind-numbing prophecy she doesn't remember, but it's very heavy on the "light" stuff. In reality, TLOU is a curmudgeonly loner who turns away adventurers and mages who go to her just to bother her about the blasted prophecy. She would also like to thump whoever wrote this stuff because they couldn't even get it correct in the literal sense: she is not light. Purple is a nice dark color.

Reject: bad

Okay, it's not classic literature or great by my own standards, but that's harsh.

I'm not sure if other users are aware, but the system put in place does things to factor how often for reviewers that your Accepts and Rejects mirror those of mods. There is nothing bad that happens if you disagree. There is nothing game wise that is a great boon if you agree more. You can go to the Descrip Thread if you want to discuss that more as it's not really the subject here, but for those who may be more trying to align and/or be as helpful to the mod standards as possible. There are PAGES of discussion on both big and tiny grammar points that go on in that thread that people really delve into.

So frankly, if I'm unsure or just don't know, I vote abstain. To me it's like a "I don't have an opinion or make an opinion or don't know that it would necessarily be mod approved as it is but maybe it would be but I'm not certain either way so I'm going Abstain, especially if I am afraid the Reject could really discourage and/or hurt the feelings of the user. Some users take it really personally (I Don't mean you, I'd never reject on the only issue of a colon vs semi colon cuz I never actually know on those two so I get that).

But also keep in mind... I've also written glowing reviews and accidentally hit reject and/or hit accept and was scrolling thru some of my "standard" saved reviews and did something like "Please review the guidelines we'd love to have you write more and work with you!" or something like that on a review that was just perfect and wonderful and I felt awful too. Also if someone just auto hits Enter without realizing I believe it defaults to Abstain. So if someone just hits enter before they make sure it hits on the "right" button they want, it will go to abstain by default.

So just be aware there is a lot more going on, and honest to god, don't pay attention to the Abstains, and maybe the rejects only if they seem to have valid points. The worst an abstain does is delay your "pending description showing" until you get another "approve" vote or two or something. That is it. A single reject takes that away. And again, when we are coming thru them, we do make mistakes. We can't undo mistakes though.

However, with the Queue being "SO MUCH SMALLER' any quick edits you do get pretty quickly reviewed by reviewers alike. And if you make a change, and feel strongly about it, just PM a mod, get their opinion, and they will likely just finalize it there and then unless you are spamming them constantly. They LIKE fixing review confusion or potential conflicts or concerns. As long as you at least gave the reviewers half a chance, then they are usually glad to get that fixed and knock it out and then you don't have to worry about Abstain Reject or Approve buttons ever again on that one.

Hope that helps. Sorry for being late to post. Work and work and sometimes sleep. Actually sleep and sleep and sleep and work which makes me go back to sleep and sleep and sleep.

Also if someone just auto hits Enter without realizing I believe it defaults to Abstain. So if someone just hits enter before they make sure it hits on the "right" button they want, it will go to abstain by default.

Actually, the default is Approve.

Edited by Lagie

My Bad, I still accidentally will hit the wrong button sometimes and then hit enter. I am a clumsy type-er?

It's easy to hit the wrong ones when you're trying to review at speed. It has nothing to do with your abilities as a typist! xd.png

I almost wish I had pending descriptions so I'd have some comments to share! biggrin.gif

So I wrote this description (with a redstone reference) for one of my red dragons:

Jerenth found in his cave a strange crumbly reddish ore that he believed to be a new type of fire mana. However when he made a torch out of the powder it did not produce any heat, only a bright red glow that never seemed to burn out. Experimenting further with this strange powder he found that bringing a torch near a trail of powder would cause the powder to glow red like the torch. It could also be compressed into glowing-red blocks. He went to show a human mage his discovery but in his haste after coming through the human's door he left a trail of powder leading from him to the door. Throthgar readied a spell in anger at dragon's mess on her carpet when Jerenth told her to wait as he held the torch he made earlier to the trail. It instantly glowed red and to the surprise of them both the door opened on its own.

And it got approved

I also wrote this as a followup:

When a crumbly red ore was discovered in a red dragon's cave, it was originally believed to be a new type of fire mana. Saleboth discovered that it was actually a form of red lightning mana. He continued research into its abilities to influence and to be influenced by the world around it. Machines could be created with it that would lie dormant near a farmer's sugar cane crop, breaking it when it grew tall enough to be harvested. But one of his biggest creations he named after his dragon breed - Nexus. It can store his treasure and other belongings and then retrieve it again at the touch of a few buttons when he requires it.

And got this:

Moderator Reject: This is a bit too modern for DC lore.

The thing is there's nothing modern about it, the way the things work is magical (due to lightning mana) not technological

edit, this Gilded Bloodscale description got approved before I got to post any comments here:

"Enchanting paper and cheese was all very well and good," thought Cati. "But they always have minds of the their own - an unfortunate side effect of the magic used to create them," added Nith, as the two sisters (for that is the closet term that can be used to describe their relationship to someone who was not a two-headed dragon) looked at the pile of junk and lightning mana crystals. As they worked for months in the cave, many strange looking constructs were built, dismantled or broken and glued to other stuff. The sisters stopped to hunt only when the hunger pangs got too bad for them to concentrate. At last, their creation was complete: eyes of glass, wings of leather, bones of wood, claws of metal, and most importantly, heart and brain of lightning mana. The dragon that was not a dragon stood before them, no thoughts beyond its orders in its head, and right now it was to fetch food for two ravenous Gilded Bloodscale sisters.

Thank you whoever mod that approved it.

As the rejected description I think I'll just delete it, there doesn't seem to be any way to write what I was going for and keep it lore friendly. Maybe the dragon will just have a talent for making revolutionary - for their time - contraptions and can't understand why no one else is interested in them

Edited by Chaos Rider

When a crumbly red ore was discovered in a red dragon's cave, it was originally believed to be a new type of fire mana. Saleboth discovered that it was actually a form of red lightning mana. He continued research into its abilities to influence and to be influenced by the world around it. Machines could be created with it that would lie dormant near a farmer's sugar cane crop, breaking it when it grew tall enough to be harvested. But one of his biggest creations he named after his dragon breed - Nexus. It can store his treasure and other belongings and then retrieve it again at the touch of a few buttons when he requires it.

And got this:

The thing is there's nothing modern about it, the way the things work is magical (due to lightning mana) not technological

As the rejected description I think I'll just delete it, there doesn't seem to be any way to write what I was going for and keep it lore friendly. Maybe the dragon will just have a talent for making revolutionary - for their time - contraptions and can't understand why no one else is interested in them

Actually I think it's the pressing buttons to retrieve things which would kill it for me.... Just a thought - should be easy enough to change that ?

Like:

"....then retrieve it again with a single word when he requires it."

So I wrote this description (with a redstone reference) for one of my red dragons:

And it got approved

And got this:

edit, this Gilded Bloodscale description got approved before I got to post any comments here:

Thank you whoever mod that approved it.

I was referring to the machine and the button pushing. The other two descriptions were fine. If you used "contraption" that would probably be fine. If you make it more magical rather than mechanical, that would be acceptable. smile.gif Feel free to ask another mod for their opinion, though. We sometimes have different opinions on these matters. (I modded the three you posted.)

Thank you for modding those descriptions. I made the changes you and fuzzbucket suggested to the rejected one

Edited by Chaos Rider

On Tortsky's Underwater Scuba Diver:

Scuba, like Barry, loves to swim; however, Scuba prefers being wholly underwater, so she's devised a contraption using reeds and a bottle to make it possible for her to breathe while she's below the surface. Some strange quirk of physics makes her float upside-down every time she goes under, but Scuba doesn't mind. It gives her a better understanding of Oz whom she greatly admires for being somedragon completely different.

Accept: VERY VERY VERY good job on this! I hope you describe more dragons!!

Thanks! wub.gif

(And yes, I know it says Tortsky's instead of Trotsky's - that's how I'm marking my dragons that have upside-down mints in their parentage!) xd.png

Updated comments:

Accept: Such a charming little mint! (Also you made me have to look up who/whom, but yours is right!) ~LiP

Accept: VERY VERY VERY good job on this! I hope you describe more dragons!!

Accept: Are you sure his name should be "Tortsky's" and not "Trotsky's"? wink.gif [see above! wink.gif ]

Edited by Lagie

So I just noticed one of my descriptions got a mod reject that just said "proofread" (which I did do before submitting), while I'm glad that there's again movement in the description queue I'm left wondering what that description got rejected for. Another review pointed out some punctuation errors (I changed the ones that I understood) but now I'm kinda left scratching my head. So I'm posting the description here in the hopes that one of you kind souls will point out what I've obviously managed to miss.

Ella Mentree

Ella is extremely curious. This, coupled with her breed's natural observational skills and intelligence, has made for a very inquisitive dragon. Even as a hatchling she was asking about everything that piqued her curiosity and if the older dragons couldn't give her an answer, she'd just find out for herself. In her quest for more knowledge she has started solving 'crimes' in her clan, though it's mostly some of the more mischievous hatchlings hiding food and random items for a laugh. The other dragons aren't bothered by her sleuthing, so they leave her to it and sometimes even create a mystery for her to solve. Though they do wonder who, exactly, "my dear Watson" is.