Dr. Paine

Description comments

Reject: it's a female

Yes, I know, that's why I explained that he's transgendered in his description >_>

One question: how does being adept at making bubbles make MOAR BUBBLES a better hunter? If he's that busy making bubbles, when does he have time to be a good hunter?

Well, they use their bubbles to trap small animals and such, so if he's good at making bubbles he'll supposedly be better at hunting/trapping prey.

Accept: ROTFOLOL -> ROTFLOL | pwnage.

Deepsea, so it's "Rolling On The Ocean Floor Laughing Out Loud" ;)

Edited by RheaZen

Yes, I know, that's why I explained that he's transgendered in his description >_>

*falls over laughing*

That's awesome. Transgendered dragons- genius! And I love how many people actually read the descriptions they are commenting on.

Apparently one of the descriptions I wrote for a dragon of mine was pretty popular xd.png

"ADORABLE"

"So sweet!"

"Love it."

Accept: this is very cute, and made me lol biggrin.gif

And that is exactly why I write descriptions. Thank you, mystery person!

that was me! And I really did laugh, then my husband came over and read it, then laughed also. smile.gif

Deepsea, so it's "Rolling On The Ocean Floor Laughing Out Loud" wink.gif

Ah, I see. xd.png I spent a while trying to figure that one out, but the best I could come up with was Rolling On The Other Floor Laughing Out Loud. :<

Ah, I see. xd.png I spent a while trying to figure that one out, but the best I could come up with was Rolling On The Other Floor Laughing Out Loud. :<

Yeah, if I could I wouldn't added a note explaining why it was different, but alas such a thing wouldn't really work in the description.

Accept: capitalize the T in Terran.

Reject: "Sometimes, she takes daring terran dragons with her." I think you mean "Terrae." Otherwise, nice job.

>________________>

Again?!

Edited by RheaZen

I got a reject for spelling my dragon's name wrong? What the heck? I can spell her name anyway I like! She's created after me actually, and her/my name (in a story) is Allison. Missed some vital words there, that isn't actually my name tongue.gif

Edit: It just got approved. Ninja mods! I may have been a little grumpy, but really. blink.gif

Edit 2: Ha! I was beginning to wonder if I should have spelled it with one l. One of my favorite Allison's, from Medium, is spelled with two l's. Mysterious person you were making me feel stupid for a second there.

Edited by Sister of the Dragon

No one has ever gotten a full sentence from Looks Like Team Rocket because it's always yelling the same catch phrase over and over. Followed closely behind by Is Blasting Off Again, the duo has managed to annoy all the dragons in the cave with their shouting. Peace and quiet is only achieved when the two dinos get hoarse and immediately settle down for some rest, but even that lasts only for a while.

Accept: LOL!!!!! I love you!

I feel loved. :3

Got another one on Cordelia:

Cordelia was once a fierce fighter, valued highly by Peter of the Deirwater tribe. However, one day her opponent proved too strong for her and she lost a limb. Reluctantly, she was forced to retire, and her job is now to raise Deirwater children. Although she isn't fond of young hatchlings, Cordelia takes pride in raising the next generation of fighters and takes her job extremely seriously.

Accept: I'm tired of hearing about motherly female dragons - it's not your fault, though, I just needed to vent. Other than that, nice description smile.gif

Accept:

Accept: Y SO SERIOUS? xd.png

Accept:

Accept:

Accept: no spelling/gramar mistakes nice!

Reject:

Strange, I wouldn't call her motherly in the slightest. She's more of a sergeant major type character when I imagine her. blink.gif

I got a reject for spelling my dragon's name wrong? What the heck? I can spell her name anyway I like! She's created after me actually, and her/my name (in a story) is Allison. Missed some vital words there, that isn't actually my name tongue.gif

Names are pretty much free range, I thought. I've seen Alison spelled several ways (Allison, Alyson, Aleighson... all these I've seen). Now, if the name is spelled differently in the description from what the dragon's name says on top, then I usually say something.

I was making a comment on someone's description. The writer had some capitalization errors, but I blanked out for a moment and wrote "There is some capitalization mistakes" instead of "There are some capitalization mistakes". >.<

Now I just want to crawl into a hole and stay there for the rest of the day. T_T

I was making a comment on someone's description. The writer had some capitalization errors, but I blanked out for a moment and wrote "There is some capitalization mistakes" instead of "There are some capitalization mistakes". >.<

Now I just want to crawl into a hole and stay there for the rest of the day. T_T

It's okay, everyone makes mistakes. ^^ Once I when I was correcting a dragon's description, I accidentally erased all but part of a word but I didn't notice until after I hit Abstain. >_>

Glorious Colors of Summer is a very friendly dragon. He saw his master one morning and simply hasn't left since.

Being a master of flight, Glorious has taken in upon himself to teach the other hatchlings the best tecniques of flight. All other hatchlings except those closely guarded by their parents that is.

Accept: I saw this description (I swear) ten seconds ago and made a comment about friendlu... You're quick o.O Good description!

I loled so hard! This is what heppens when you go onto DC every half hour or so.

I love this!

DreadfulCult is a member of the Flower Cult, a peaceful group of dragons who do not choose their own mates. Instead a higher up decides who they marry - species, color, and personality all taken into account. DreadfulCult has been raised since he was an egg by cult members, and has never known any other life. He simply follows order from the more experienced dragons, and trusts that they know what actions should be taken.

Reject: Make him have more responsibility!

Vorelkorth Nightstar or Vorel for short is a mystery to most of the dragons in the cave. She rarely says anything when she comes around after spending the day idle in her "stone form". She flies out every night to patrol the area around the cave sometimes in company with the black dragon Vythalax Shadowing who seems to be the only one that understands her. Vorel often places herself near the hatchery before sunrise where she will stand as a silent guardian for the day until the sun sets once again. She sometimes brings deers, rabbits, fruits and berries for the hatchlings when she returns from her nightly patrol. The hatchlings sees her as their guardian ever since she saved them from a rampaging zombie dragon that had wandered into the nursery one night. She proudly bears the scars from the fight today.

Accept: Perfect Description. Are the rest of yours like this? tongue.gif

It made me very happy to hear this. I never thought anyone would call one of my descriptions perfect smile.gif

Edited by vythalax

Eudora means "good gift" in Greek, and Eudora Grace was a gift of grace to her parents. She received much love and care as their firstborn, and she shows a visible effort in returning that love to them and others. When one of the other dragons is feeling down, Eudora may soon be found nearby, offering help or a simple gift to cheer them up.

User Comments

* Accept:

* Accept:

* Accept:

* Accept:

* Accept: this dragon is kinda ugly.

blink.gif Uhm, 'kay? I didn't say anything about her physical description....

No amount of effort on Butternut Angel's part was enough to train Duci to have his grandfather's passion of caring for squashes. Instead he fell in line with his mother's lineage and ended up being an outright con artist - or maybe a magician, depending on your perspective. Either way, he is a master at fooling the eye. Just be sure he doesn't get into your pocketbook.

User Comments

* Accept:

* Accept: Lovely --SF

* Accept:

* Accept:

* Reject:

biggrin.gif Whythankyou!

Edited by Xyie

I decided to go ahead and make a description for a childfree dragon, and here is one of the comments.

Accept: Very nice. Maybe her views of the hatchies will change when she has her own.

I appreciate that they liked my description, but I found it interesting that even my childfree dragon can't escape the same sort of comments I always have to deal with about my own decision not to have children. How funny. tongue.gif

Accept: I'm tired of hearing about motherly female dragons - it's not your fault, though, I just needed to vent. Other than that, nice description smile.gif

Accept:

Accept: Y SO SERIOUS? xd.png

Accept:

Accept:

Accept: no spelling/gramar mistakes nice!

Reject:

Strange, I wouldn't call her motherly in the slightest. She's more of a sergeant major type character when I imagine her. blink.gif

Lol, maybe our reviewers should trade places?

Zack is energetic to the extreme; he's always getting on the nerves of the other dragons, poking fun at them or generally making mischief. He is good friends with the Misfit Pygmies for this reason, and often gets bad ideas from them. The only one that can control him is his mate, Great Gospel; She'll grab him by the horn and drag him back to their nest, reprimanding him for making trouble.

Accept: Lovely; made me smile.

Thank you~ Had to re-submit to fix a spelling mistake, so I thought I'd save that comment here xd.png

Add On is Face Book's best friend. Of the thousand friends that Face Book has, she interacts with Add On the most. Add On is Face Book's perfect complement. Without her, Face Book would just not be the same. Because of many intriguing features that Add On has, Face Book adores her. Things always seem to run more easily with Add On around. Activities that were once difficult she somehow, almost magically, makes simple. Add On is more than just Face Book's good friend though. She can also be found lurking a lot of other places; she's a big help no matter where she is or who she is working with though. However, you have to be careful with her. She gets sick all the time and has a tendency to pass on viruses.

Accept: Hehehe. Cute. (Oh, it's Dash! Hi, Dash! - )

WHAT IS THIS MADNESS? WHO ARE YOU!

*screams to the sky while tears run down her face dramatically* WHO?

Is anyone else having trubbls keeping in the limit of letters? I wanted to do this for this dragon

Stolen from a caring wild hellfire mother and father by a human, he was raised from egg to hatchling by the seamingly friendly human, looking for a battle partner to protect her familie's grounds. When he grew wings, his dreams were to become a fearsome hellfire and ride with his human mother into a bold battle with blaze colored scales. Rather, his human adopted parent was wanting a female hellfire to stand by her side at battle with aqua scales and fire breath hotter than that of a males. By human choice, Boy was put under a spell to stop all growth, crushing his dreams to even be proud and bold as he had wished. Years after Boy hung around, wathcing other hatchlings grow to become at full power, his human "mother" surprisingly took his life, with a sword. He became the swords first tast of blood. His soul drifted away, free atlast, but the human kept his body and on october 31st, used yet again another spell, attemting to bring him back. His body agreed, but his soul regected the second chance of life, resulting in a mindless dragon zombie. The soulless moving pile of flesh fainaly was given a name by the human; it is clear the human never did care about Boy, she wanted power more than she wanted a loyal friend.

http://dragcave.net/lineage/HQ5D

Also, how do we look at the comments of our discriptions? also....I totaly forgot which ones I discribed! tongue.gif lol, I should probly keep a record of that.

EDITED:: found it. So a mod rejected this one, said it needs to be in 3rd person. Its my way of wrighting, honestly I dont like when im forced to wright a certain way.

While taking a brisk walk through the woods you come across a small tent like house. You are curious and see an ugly peachy beast and besides it a girl with a grave look, like shes rather be dead than anything. Before you can ask she begins explaining So you ask me why I keep this thing next to me, this hideous creature Oh how I adore her; even though her skin oily and her call is ear shattering, her personality is the direct opposite. A friend to sit beside me on days Im fully on anxiety, makes me feel important in times I feel hopeless, and shows me ways to find a little joy in every moment. Shes more than I could ask for. Then you notice the small flicker of hope in her eye, and you leave.

http://dragcave.net/lineage/1ov83

Really, I dont see why its that bad. This is probly my favorit discriptions and it's been rejected. sad.gif makes me so sad.

Edited by libby2999

Is anyone else having trubbls keeping in the limit of letters? I wanted to do this for this dragon

http://dragcave.net/lineage/HQ5D

Also, how do we look at the comments of our discriptions? also....I totaly forgot which ones I discribed! tongue.gif lol, I should probly keep a record of that.

EDITED:: found it. So a mod rejected this one, said it needs to be in 3rd person. Its my way of wrighting, honestly I dont like when im forced to wright a certain way.

http://dragcave.net/lineage/1ov83

Really, I dont see why its that bad. This is probly my favorit discriptions and it's been rejected. sad.gif makes me so sad.

@libby2999: I would suggest posting in the description proofreading thread to help iron that out. smile.gif This thread is more for comments received on the descriptions.

And yes, there may be a feature implemented later on that helps us keep track of which dragons have descriptions. I lose track as well!

2nd description. First got approved, but I forgot to check for user comments xd.png

This dragon is a professional party-goer. Rave Riot comes from the long line of Riots, but is known as "Rave" because of his love of black-lights, techno music, and pretending to know how to dance. 
His yellow stripes glow under black-lights, and he couldn't be prouder of them. Often times, he can be seen almost strutting around the treetops, showing of his bright green and yellow coloring to other breeds of Rioteers. 
Despite his love for raves, Rave Riot never has done, or ever will do, drugs or alcohol of any type. Adrenaline is his high.

Reject: I love it but unfortunatly doesn't fir description guidelines. medieval theme, so no black lights etc. sorry :(
Accept:

>.< There are naturally occurring black-light type things? Glow worms and such.

Oh my goodness, I got a comment on one of my dragons that made me laugh so hard. I'll bump this thread up for great justice!

"Accept: Ha, a lot of your dragons seem kind of unpleasant somehow. But regardless, great quality description again!"

To whoever wrote this: I am so sorry you had to read those descriptions of mine all in a row =P But your reaction to my dragons was just priceless... like reading a story that just keeps getting weirder and weirder. Which is true. Thank you for your honesty and kind words, haha =)

2nd description. First got approved, but I forgot to check for user comments xd.png

This dragon is a professional party-goer. Rave Riot comes from the long line of Riots, but is known as "Rave" because of his love of black-lights, techno music, and pretending to know how to dance. 
His yellow stripes glow under black-lights, and he couldn't be prouder of them. Often times, he can be seen almost strutting around the treetops, showing of his bright green and yellow coloring to other breeds of Rioteers. 
Despite his love for raves, Rave Riot never has done, or ever will do, drugs or alcohol of any type. Adrenaline is his high.

Reject: I love it but unfortunatly doesn't fir description guidelines. medieval theme, so no black lights etc. sorry :(
Accept:

>.< There are naturally occurring black-light type things? Glow worms and such.

I think they're referring to the drugs and alcohol part too. wink.gif

ETA: @ the 'etc' part.

Edited by Varekis

Sheldon Cooper PhD ScD (chicken s1)

Sheldon Cooper is the most brilliant of natural scientists, even by his own standards. He works at Cavetech, a cave where dragons and other creatures interested in the natural processes come together.

Sheldon built his life around a strict routine which is not to disturbed under any circumstances, driving his friends - and one close acquaintance - Leonard, Rajesh, Penny and Howard crazy. While Sheldon has a profound knowledge of the world and an eidetic memory and excels in his field of specialty, he lacks social skills and has trouble to interpret certain oh so chicken behaviors.

Still: As a superior being, Sheldon does not acknowledge any Master - especially not Howard's.

Accept: This is too cute smile.gif

I found a typo and had to resubmit the description, but comments like that are always welcome.

Zombiemandias King of Kings (Adult Zombie)

Zombiemandias, King of Kings. Nothing besides his rotten flesh remains. Round the decay of that colossal body, boundless and bare the lone and level skin stretch far away. Four vast and trunkless legs of bone stand in the desert... Near them, on the sand half sunk, a shattered visage lies. This dragon's name is Zombiemandias, King of Kings: Look on his fangs, ye Mighty, and despair!

Accept: Pretty cool.

Accept:

An adaption of "Ozymandias" by Shelley. I'm not into poetry at all, but that is a great poem. Unfortunately, the Zombie has the wrong gender, but I need to wait another year to try for a male.