Dr. Paine

Description comments

I got the comment "Long, but awesome" on one of my shortest Vamp descriptions, with maybe three and a half lines instead of my usual eight or nine lines. Some people just don't like to read, and don't understand that some of us really enjoy the reading, the writing and the wonderful little stories told in these descriptions. What I don't understand is why someone who doesn't like reading would bother running through the description reviews. Must be a masochist.

Pfft. I think it's just right.

Don't Call Me Pinky is a feisty dragon, as does not care for being pink. They say real men wear pink, but real men aren't ACTUALLY pink. He often was snickered at and made fun of as a hatchling. He was pretty puny, and therefore got picked on even more. But as an adult, he is quite capable of defending himself and is not afraid to defend his pride. Aside from his easily-offended side, he's really very loyal and pleasant. Just don't call him pinky.

One accept, one reject, neither one with coments.

I was all "Umm...whut?" blink.gif

I had to fix some typos in one of my favorite descriptions (it's already been approved once before):

Ever since Peace was a hatchling, she heard tales of a dragon who lived deep in the mountains. Peace spent most of her time in her own little world dreaming of this mysterious dragon. One day she boasted that she would go into the mountains and find her dream dragon. Everyone in the cave teased her about it. On the day she reached full maturity, Peace set out on her quest. She searched all over the dangerous mountains for the dragon she had been dreaming of for so many years. She finally came to the last mountain that she had yet to search. It was by far the tallest in the range. She flew to the very top and finally collapsed from exhaustion. When she woke, Peace found herself deep in the cave of a beautiful silver who introduced himself as Rebel. She had found the one she had been looking for. Peace told the silver of her journey, her former herd and everything she knew about the islands, although, most of it was made up. They have been together ever since.

and someone said:

"Reject: This space is for describing your dragon, not telling stories."

I lol'd.

The description I wrote for my male Pillow:

Mister McFuzzy is a jolly old fellow. Always smiling, and laughing. Sometimes it's hard to see his happy face because his fluff is so out of control. It grows at such a slow rate that he never realizes how long and bushy it is until it's too late! This is not a bad thing however. The village hatchlings enjoy his company and he, theirs. He lives alone, but he is never lonely. The hatchlings gather in his cave every night and cuddle in his warm fluff so they can hear his stories of the great dragon warriors that fought for their freedom centuries before. These story times usually exhaust him so he sleeps all during the following day, not waking again until dusk to hunt, eat, and repeat!

I got 2 accepts and 1 reject. Ummm seriously? How could anyone reject this?! The person didn't even tell me WHY they rejected it. There's no reason, I know there's not, they just simply didn't like the story. The purpose of users reviewing other users descriptions is to HELP them - minor proofreading, catch typos or other errors, etc. Not to give their opinion on whether they simply like or dislike the description. Ugh, I've had other rejects for other descriptions where there was absolutely nothing wrong with it but the person just didn't like it for whatever reason. That's not right, b/c if more people don't like it than people that do, and there's no good reason for it, the mods will see all the rejects and think that the description stinks therefore making them more likely to reject it.

The description I wrote for my male Pillow:

Mister McFuzzy is a jolly old fellow. Always smiling, and laughing. Sometimes it's hard to see his happy face because his fluff is so out of control. It grows at such a slow rate that he never realizes how long and bushy it is until it's too late! This is not a bad thing however. The village hatchlings enjoy his company and he, theirs. He lives alone, but he is never lonely. The hatchlings gather in his cave every night and cuddle in his warm fluff so they can hear his stories of the great dragon warriors that fought for their freedom centuries before. These story times usually exhaust him so he sleeps all during the following day, not waking again until dusk to hunt, eat, and repeat!

I got 2 accepts and 1 reject. Ummm seriously? How could anyone reject this?! The person didn't even tell me WHY they rejected it. There's no reason, I know there's not, they just simply didn't like the story. The purpose of users reviewing other users descriptions is to HELP them - minor proofreading, catch typos or other errors, etc. Not to give their opinion on whether they simply like or dislike the description. Ugh, I've had other rejects for other descriptions where there was absolutely nothing wrong with it but the person just didn't like it for whatever reason. That's not right, b/c if more people don't like it than people that do, and there's no good reason for it, the mods will see all the rejects and think that the description stinks therefore making them more likely to reject it.

You should just ignore anyone who rejects without giving a reason. The mods aren't going to reject your description just because a user rejected it. Your description is good and I'm sure it'll be accepted.

I just described my Neglected, which I aptly named 'Lovingly Neglected'

Kaini is usually very attentive to her dragons, raising them with love and care. But shortly after Kai found Lovingly's egg, it was accidentally knocked out of the nest, rolling away to end up left alone in a tuft of tall grass from which it could not be seen.

It stayed there for days, lost, becoming cold. The helpless egg was near death when Kaini stumbled upon it again, out of pure luck. And she became instantly devoted to saving it.

Against all the odds, Lovingly did hatch; but what came out of the egg surprised Kaini. The bizarre, weak green dragon awkwardly climbed out of it's broken eggshell, emitting little shrill cries for attention. Kai let it climb into her lap, petting it very gently. It was thin and frail; a tiny thing.  She decided then she would do everything in her power to care for it; make up for it's neglect as an egg.

And so Kaini was overjoyed when Lovingly Neglected grew up to be a beautiful, contented dragon.

Accept: So... Beautiful... :o

Now, do you think they mean my writing, or the ND?? XD

This dragon was named for her worship of a powerful Dragon-Keeper known throughout the land as "Mathcat". This dragon, who is rumored to have come from the very clan of The Almighty Mathcat, is obsessed with this powerful, wonderful Dragon-Keeper, and has sworn to serve The Almighty-- If need be, die for Mathcat. Some of the other dragons make fun of her, and she reacts violently and passionately, but sometimes they listen to what she has to preach.

It is her dream to someday meet and perhaps even serve Mathcat for whatever The Almighty may need her for. Until then, she will be in waiting, spreading the word and the spirit of The Almighty Mathcat.

xd.png I traded with Mathcat and swore to devote this dragon to THE ALMIGHTY. laugh.gif

Accept: So... Beautiful... ohmy.gif

Now, do you think they mean my writing, or the ND?? xd.png

(created a forum account to respond)

I'm the one who wrote that comment, and I meant the writing. ^^ (the ND is beautiful too, though. xd.png)

@Ponessa: Oh dear. Thanks so much for the laugh. What did you end up calling her (since it isn't exactly clear from the description)?

Here's one from me (so I'm not too far off topic).

Gryda had a hard life even before she joined Ategan Fireheart's ill-fated expedition.  Orphaned at a young age, she quickly had to learn to take care of herself, and so was one of the best equipped to survive when Ategan's promised haven proved to be a desolate patch of land in the middle of a vast wasteland.  Gryda could easily have made it back to more hospitable living conditions, but chose to stay behind to help the less fortunate, and eventually became part of Bonescale Weyr.  She's primary hunter and occasional leader, though she prefers to let Guardian Tawn take charge, and her skills have been instrumental in helping the weyr survive.

Accept: They're always orphans...

I'm assuming this reviewer was referring to dragons in general and not to my batch of descriptions, though, come to think of it, I do have several storylines involving foundling dragons.

(created a forum account to respond)

I'm the one who wrote that comment, and I meant the writing. ^^ (the ND is beautiful too, though. xd.png)

Oh, thank you very much then x3

For my girl JJ's description:

JJ is one of fifteen dragons handpicked by the Anu clan leader Athia to help quell the rebellion during the clan war. At first glance JJ is unassuming, quiet, and gentle. However don't let looks fool; she is a talented fighter and one of the top strategists on the council. Athia appointed JJ for her innate capability to organize a battle and see in advance how the rebellion will move. She has been assigned with the task of deciding the council's progress. Planning when and where they will attack the rebellion. She can sense a weak spot and she knows how to exploit it. JJ is also a rock for the rest of the members; they know they can lean on her inner strength when times are especially troubling. She recently became a mother, but that didn't stop her passion for this war. In fact it has spurred her to fight harder; the council, and winning the war mean everything to her. She isn't a fighter by nature but the skill is there, and when the ones she loves are threatened, her claws come out.

Accept: Very nice! Do so with your other dragons.

Accept: wow

Accept:

*hugs the people who wrote those* Considering my first was a reject for it being too long, these really made me smile laugh.gif

""Kaini is usually very attentive to her dragons, raising them with love and care. But shortly after Kai found Lovingly's egg, it was accidentally knocked out of the nest, rolling away to end up left alone in a tuft of tall grass from which it could not be seen.

It stayed there for days, lost, becoming cold. The helpless egg was near death when Kaini stumbled upon it again, out of pure luck. And she became instantly devoted to saving it.

Against all the odds, Lovingly did hatch; but what came out of the egg surprised Kaini. The bizarre, weak green dragon awkwardly climbed out of it's broken eggshell, emitting little shrill cries for attention. Kai let it climb into her lap, petting it very gently. It was thin and frail; a tiny thing.  She decided then she would do everything in her power to care for it; make up for it's neglect as an egg.

And so Kaini was overjoyed when Lovingly Neglected grew up to be a beautiful, contented dragon.""

Back to this....

•Accept: So... Beautiful... ohmy.gif

•Reject:

...? What's with the reject? Did I make a mistake?

After staring at the descriptions for my two Pebble Dragons, I got this comment for Ballad of the Creeper...

Ballad of the Creeper, most commonly called The Creeper, is an infamous dragon who delights in sneaking up on unsuspecting dragons and slamming into the ground, creating large tremors and usually damaging dens and settlements. A near-silent dragon, nobody is completely sure of why he does this, though most assume he enjoys causing trouble for others. Given his green coloration and his tendency to emerge only at night, few ever spot The Creeper before he can strike. And while The Creeper once had a brother, named Mister Astley, who also took delight in these antics, he has since reformed himself and now lives peacefully with other dragons.

Accept: Amazing! I love it.

You just made my day 8D <3

Edited by Switch

Strudel is seen as rather odd by the surrounding dragons. His sudden appearance, digging at the side of the loch, was met with surprise and some suspiscion. When asked who he was or what he was doing he simply answered "Oh, don't mind me. I don't want to be any trouble.". By the time Brom arrived (allegedly to "get an answer out of him one way or another") he was already soaking up the sun in his make-shift pool.

Nobody dared stand close enough to overhear their conversation, but when Brom returned it was evident his scales had been ruffled. He simply said that the newcomer's name was Strudel, and that he had ventured here from warmer waters after being "ousted by his fellows for being too agreeable".

Strudel spends most of his time in his "sun pool". His frank manner and passive attitude are found tedious by most (and Brom has never been back), but a few fans, who seem fascinated by his infinite array of eccentricities, are often found casually chatting to him from the bank.

Accept:

Accept: Ha ha. What a character! Spell check: "suspiscion" is actually spelled "suspicion".

Accept:

Thanks. biggrin.gif (I think I may have loosely based him on a version of the Mad Hatter, but I can't be sure.)

I changed the spelling, just in case anyone was wondering.

I never found this thread and i always looked for one like this. xd.png Anyway;

This is a description i tried recently:

Skyonarch is a adventurous White hatchling. He's always looking for new challenges, although the other dragons of his cave always say that someday this will get him in trouble. He tries to find out everything about things he never knew before, and his lifetime objective is to know dragons from every place in the world. He's always making new friends, mostly of another kinds of dragons. Sometimes, he will follow humans that appear in the forest near his cave, and in rare occasions, talks to them. He loves playing with other dragons and listening stories of the adventures of dragons that occasionally appear.

Accept:

And this is one from long ago:

Formerly Lagie's Cuffs is a sly little mint who managed to escape the not-so-evil clutches of Lagie, one of the few mint hoarders. She runs around Sporeling's scroll cuffing the other dragons with her tail... or tries to. She is so small and the other dragons so big, sometimes her tail doesn't even go around half of one wrist.

Accept: Good story!

Accept:

Accept:

Accept: cute =)

Accept:

Accept:

Accept:

Oh Mathcat, I love you.

I will post some of the descriptions she reviewed here in a minute.

xd.png

Blood Gryphon is a fierce and terrifying fighter who... likes to eat bugs.

Really, he eats bugs so often that he actually doesn't have much time for fighting.

But he still likes to imagine that he is fierce, and will tear those beetles apart with a ferocity that is unrivaled among ALL the other insectivores.

* Accept: Well, some bugs can be pretty fierce.

Snow Angle, like many other of the trolling Water Walkers, has found a certain niche that he likes to torment with his games. Similar to the infamous "Bad Grammar" Pebble, Snow Angle finds nothing more joyous than to torment people obsessed with grammar. When people greet him, all he has to say is "Hi, my name is snow angle" to have them tearing out their hair and yelling "ANGEL! NOT ANGLE!" and stomping in furious protest.

* Accept: Should his name be capitalized in the next-to-last line? Besides that, it's another amusing description (and now I'm going to check out the other Water Walkers).

Problem is that most of them aren't described yet. U mad bro?

xd.png

Sitting on a cornflake is a very cruel dragon. He finds it to be great fun to find human habitation around which crops are growing and "sit" on them. Corn just happens to be his favorite target. Needless to say, many humans feel very strongly about him and will often scream obscenities (You yellow bellied coward of a dragon!) at him while he's there, sitting on their food. He just makes his best evil, obnoxious look and swats at them if they get too close.

* Accept: Hi, Pink. Nice job.

Hai.

Once upon a time this little neglected was a spoiled, snotty bronze tinsel. Then one day her mother said "I've had enough of this bunk" and abandoned her underneath a sleeping stone dragon.

A week later she was discovered under the stone, cold and sick, by a roaming pygmy dragon scientist. Sadly, she was no longer a tinsel and the other shiny dragons shunned her. She was adopted by Nauseous and Wimpy, who are every bit as over-emotional and insecure as she is, and they now live as a very unhappy and whiny family.

* Accept: Awww...Quite the family group.

Inorite?

Unholy is, contrary to her name suggests, extremely holy. She's so holy she puts everyone and their mother to shame. One may ask what's so holy about a dragon. Well, when the "holy" creature finds humans and most other dragons tasty and considers them to be fun little snacks, anyone would call it "holy" just to get out of the (literal) line of fire.

# Accept:

# Accept: Err, 'holy' is repeated a lot

That's sort of the point. The author (myself) is putting herself out of the line of fire by emphasizing the word, or that's what I was thinking anyways.

I just got home from a long day's work to find one pending description approved, and this comment on my flamingo Rossi:

Accept: Very well done. I hope to see more from you.

biggrin.gif Thank you, I have eight others pending, lol.

Edit: I seriously think one of the mods is a ninja.gif This description just got approved only a couple of hours after I posted this.

Edited by Sister of the Dragon

Well, that certainly went fast.

I checked a few of the descriptions I posted above, and from what I can see, they've all been approved. ohmy.gif

This one is from my my Purple and the very first dragon I've gotten here in DC.

Newee is the eldest of all the dragons in her tight-knit community. As a result of this, she takes on a motherly role in the mixed species clan, and some of the dragons actually consider her as their own mother. She is kind and helpful, but tends to take the backseat when it comes to maintaining order, compared to her fellow elders.

I actually changed the first line a while ago, since I had a reject for not specifying her as the eldest dragon in my scroll only.

From a young age, Evenos was calmer and more romantic than the other members of his breed. He fell for a beautiful shiny silver dragon, and longed to approach her and ask her if she wanted to be his mate. One day, he did, but that silvery dragon wasn't interested. He managed to survive due to the lucky coincidence that Numbers was walking by, but now he is a bit jumpy when it comes to courting females. He can still hold his own in a fight, of course.

Accept: Great to see more from you, TCA. Nice job.

Thanks, but um who are you and how do you know who I am ._. This is weird, because my scroll name and forum name are pretty dramatically different.

Er, yes, that was me. I did a batch of description reviewing, but was too lazy to sign any of my comments. (It was also me who left the reviews for Sister of the Dragon (and now I know whose scroll to check out for more) and Pink (except for Unholy)).

There's one probably rather confused person out there who got a comment from me along the lines of "Nice description, but," because my browser chose that moment to go weird (and one person who got a harsher abstain than I'd intended because I got distracted and clicked OK instead of Cancel).

For Plunder the rosebud:

Be wary of the scent that lies ahead. No matter the time a vessel has been out to sea, plunder be waiting for those who chose to follow her. She is no monster, though devastation can be the outcome of her innocence. The scent she brings is not of land, it is self made. Warm waters she tends to go, where the sea is beaten by heavy storms before seeing the bountiful land lying ahead. If ye brave out the madness, the waves that can swallow a ship whole, then ye have been rewarded with magnificent soil that would fit any crop, bringing harvest year upon year.

Many sailors have been sunk, swallowed by the ocean consumed by their want to find land. Plunder she be nicknamed, the dragon that brings ruin to many ships. So be the beauty that they are, do not trust, and never follow.

Reject:

^^^ Need help figuring out why it got rejected. There are no personal pronouns, fits with the time era, and it actually fits with the rosebud descriptions .-. I don't think my spelling and grammar is off (though yeah, a bit grammatically off because it's using sailor/pirate speech) Anybody know what's wrong with it?

For Entree the chicken:

Welcome, welcome! The special for today is Pollo Florentine, a delicious chicken piece stuffed with spinach, cheese, and vegetables of your choice topped with a delectable creamy sauce. Please enjoy these complimentary bread sticks while waiting for the Entree.

Oh dear, it seems the chicken has run away...

Accept: HAHAHHAHAAAA!! good one! i iwsh i had a chicken!

I'm glad whoever read it got a kick out of it <3

For Plunder the rosebud:

Reject:

^^^ Need help figuring out why it got rejected. There are no personal pronouns, fits with the time era, and it actually fits with the rosebud descriptions .-. I don't think my spelling and grammar is off (though yeah, a bit grammatically off because it's using sailor/pirate speech) Anybody know what's wrong with it?

If a reject is blank I'd likely ignore it.

Now, if you get 5 blank rejects with nothing else... then you may be onto something, but typically there are a bunch of people who go through and reject everything with blank messages.

If a reject is blank I'd likely ignore it.

Now, if you get 5 blank rejects with nothing else... then you may be onto something, but typically there are a bunch of people who go through and reject everything with blank messages.

o.0 People DO that? Well oks :3 I got another approve on my chicken <3 Ish happeh

I impatiently wait for my description to get commented on and I get this:

Abe Takakazu is a very... er... strange dragon. He is known for making lewd gestures to female and male dragon alike, preying up from them in unsuspecting places. He is a flirty one, but many dragons thought it was normal until I eat cods, his master's second male deepsea, grew into an adult. Every single dragon learned to escape his physical wrath, eventually ending with him sticking with a few female mates with the occasional newborn hatchling.

*Accept:

Person, Y U NO COMMENT. There goes my anxiety and all I get is a commentless accept.