LoveLost

Pern: A World of Dragonriders and Dragons

Dracoth chuckled at Jubilath's comment. Perhaps he can. He was trained to fight, I'm sure he can make it seem fun to learn somehow. R'ran nodded. He saw her turn to puke. "Are you sure you want to start right away? We don't need you puking during a lesson." He suggested.

Xyliana, who had been updated that morning from Hethath through Vixenith, knew that V'nov's dragon in his haste, had placed stars and other things in the wrong position when he went between. This in turn caused V'nov and Iotenth to come forward in time. He had been there hardly two days and she was sure that he was rather overwhelmed. When she had been talking, it seemed that he was rather tough but his body won out over him. After hearing a thud behind her, she grimaced and turned around only to hear Iotenth's rather loud mental cries about something being wrong with his rider. "Iotenth, I need you to calm down." Xyliana said as she knelt down beside V'nov. His pulse was quick, but not deadly. "Vixenith dear?" She said calmly to her dragon who knelt down beside V'nov and allowed Xyliana and a few other men to shift V'nov to her back. Another man crawled on in front of V'nov and Xyliana behind him. "Iotenth, go to your weyr. We can take care of getting him there." She said not allowing any discussion, but her words were kind and gentle.

After a few minutes of shifting and flying, Xyliana and her fellow rider had V'nov laying down in his bed and a drudge that was to bring up some wine and food. Since she had time, Xyliana asked Joker to bring her some of her supplies from her room so that she could start writing down the classifications of azures...however, that took only 5 minutes. After waiting longer, Xyliana asked Joker to get her her harp which he did with some difficulty. "Thank you love." she said and sat near enough to V'nov to hear him but far enough away so that her singing wouldn't wake him.

When she began to sing, Xyliana at first almost whispered the words. But when she was sure that V'nov was alright, she allowed herself to sing a little louder and almost in a lullaby tune.

Dream silently between the moons

Dream silently of innocent tunes.

Sleep a little in this or that time

Sleep a little during this line.

Think of times where there is pain

Think of times where it gently rained;

Rained the tears of quiet bliss

Rained the tears of ones that are missed.

Oh, Dream silently between the moons

Xyliana kept singing the song with different tunes or different keys but throughout her voice was strong and soothing.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Jubilath smiled as a dragon could. She needs fun.

Ezran laughed a tight laugh and nodded. "Maybe towards the middle of the day. It would be easier since that is the time that I don't really throw up that much." she said with a slightly sad smile...she didn't throw up because she didn't eat lunch. However, she didn't really mind and thought that it would be handy to learn to fight with a man especially since they were usually taller and stronger than she was.

Edited by LoveLost

R'ran nodded. "Very well, mid-day then." He smiled. Dracoth chuckled. Let's hope he knows how to teach in a fun way then. He commented. R'ran thought a moment before speaking. "So what's next Ezran?" He wondered.

Ezran shrugged not really knowing. There wasn't to be thread until the evening and they were helping another weyr who was low manned. "Uhm, I don't know really." How about a trip across the hills? It is always nice to fly at this time of day. Jubilath said making her thoughts open to Dracoth as well. "I like the idea." Ezran said and looked at R'ran expecting Dracoth to relay the message.

Edited by LoveLost

Dracoth nodded relaying the message. R'ran scratched his chin as Dracoth told him. "That's a good idea. A nice fly across the hills sounds fun." He said with a smile. I completely agree. My wings could use the exercise. He said with a chuckle. Obviously he was joking with that last part.

Ezran hopped up on Jubilath making sure not to jolt herself to much before she smiled at what Jubilath commented on to Dracoth. As my rider would say, that sounds a little bit like a dragon flirting. Ezran laughed and then held on as Jubilath took off in a quick sprightly spring into the air.

R'ran jumped onto Dracoth. Dracoth laughed aswell before taking off to the sky to join them. "What is it?" R'ran asked Dracoth. Jubilath said 'As her rider would say, that sounds a little bit like a dragon flirting'. He responded. R'ran burst out laughing. "Don't go getting yourself into anything Dracoth." He couldn't help but laugh. Dracoth told Jubilath what R'ran had said in response.

Ezran laughed as Jubilath relayed the message and allowed herself to relax. Up here she could be anyone, she could be the little girl that she always felt like, or the woman that she had to be. She could be scared, angry, happy, and afraid. It was always wonderful how she could fly and not be judged for it. "Let's land there." she said aloud to Jubilath. The dragon landed near a small lake that glinted in the afternoon sun. It was a wonderful day and it was going to be nice to sit on the shore of the lake.

Dracoth followed them down. He landed right next to them. "Nice choice for a landing." R'ran said as he got off Dracoth. Dracoth laid down closing his eyes for a moment. R'ran turned to Ezran. "You mind turning away? I'm gonna go for a swim." He started undoing his weapon belts.

C'yn joined K'leb in laughing while they walked the halls. He was startled when Dorian took off down the hall. C'yn shrugged as he watched the fire lizard take off around the corner. It was a yelp and a thump that encouraged him to take off after Dorian. He was greeted to the sight of Soria sprawled on her stomach with her leather crating supplies strewn front of her. "So, Sor-Sor. You skipped the grace course again didn't you?"

The only response he received was Amphitere dropping a boot on his head.

Edited by Mijikoi

Ezran turned around and didn't even glance back as R'ran stripped down. She wanted to go for a swim as well, so she stripped down to her underclothes, just the barest of a bump showing in her stomach region. She dove into the water allowing the coolness of the water to erase the pain of the day.

K'leb smiled at Soria and laughed hysterically at C'yn feeling himself smile as he did so. "I love it when you two do that." he said and then turned his attention fully to Soria. "I'm sorry love, you seem to always have the oddest way of attacking C'yn." He knelt down beside her and lent her a hand to help her up.

R'ran undressed to whatever would eb considered male undergarment. Diving into the water going deep, ignoring the cold water. He came up to get air. "Ah, now this feels good." He said relaxing. Dracoth looked to Jubilath. Is it a good idea for your rider to be swimming while having babies? He asked her.

Jubilath nodded fervently. The older dragons, especially the females, say that when their rider was able to relax, it helped the babies. And usually whatever the mother tends to do the most, the babies do as well. She swims A LOT! Jubilath said and looked like she was smiling as her rider impishly splashed R'ran. "That it does!" she said and laughed.

Edited by LoveLost

R'ran covered himself from the splash. Chuckling as he said,"Hey! You asked for it." He laughed as he splashed her back. Don't tell your rider this, but if I didn't know any better, I'd say those two are getting along a little TOO well. If you get my meaning. Dracoth said to Jubilath.

jubilath smiled and nodded. She doesn't act like this very often...I have only seen it once with one other man...he was to be her husband. She said sadly then watched as Ezran spluttered and swam back with a few strokes and laughed. She kicked water back at him and laughed as she dover underneath the water to get away before he could splash her. Her head appeared just above her shoulders as she appeared a few feet away.

He dived under to avoid her splashing. When Ezran came up, he was already under. He came up below her and pushed on her feet as he came up and out of the lake, pushing her up into the air letting gravity pull her back down in. He laughs like crazy. "I got you so good with that!" He said laughing.

Ezran was completely taken off guard by what R'ran did, but it made her laugh. She came up out of the water laughing and had to keep herself above water she was laughing so hard. "No one has ever gotten me like that!" she said and then kept laughing so hard she had to go to shallower water and sit down on the bank with the lower half of her body still in the water.

He laughed so hard he was crying. He had to wipe his tears before following her to the shallower area. "I haven't had this much fun in a long time, so thank you." He smiled at her. Dracoth could see something between the two of them. Jubilath, do you see that? The way they look at each other. If I didn't know any better I'd say those two are beginning to be really close. Dracoth said. He meant that it looked to him like R'ran and Ezran were starting to have feelings for each other.

Soria giggled at C'yn's baffled expression before caving into laughter at K'leb's words. Gratefully taking K'leb's hand, Soria stood and wrapped her arms about his neck. Her grin was a sly one as she smiled up at the Bronze rider. "After knowing him so long, using conventional means to argue with him got old. Therefore I looked for less conventional ones and the fire lizards are more then happy to help."

C'yn spluttered as he listened to his long time friend. With frown grin that matched hers, C'yn started working on his own revenge that would hopefully make the pair in front of him laugh again. "We'll see who comes out standing, Sor-Sor."

Jubilath grinned and looked between the two of them and nodded as well. I think so too. She said with a happy smile as she settled into the rocky shore to sun herself. Ezran was still smiling even as she felt her stomach get a little bit upset. "You're welcome R'ran." She said showing a side of herself that came out when she was able to forget everything in the world and just be a 17, almost 18 year old girl again. She looked at R'ran, her red hair, darker now because of the water, clnging to her back, but quickly drying off and showing it's length. It was still down past her buttocks if she were to stand up. Her light blue eyes danced with mirth as she watched him for a moment then looked back at the water that swirled around her ankles. "I haven't played like this since I was a kid." she said which brought back painful memories, but she was having fun.

K'leb watched the interaction between Soria and C'yn and couldn't help but laugh at the two of them as they laughed at him and each other. It was nice to laugh like this every once in a while and they had all needed it. He touched his nose to hers as he spoke but kept in mind that C'yn was there and smiled again his eyes twinkling. "As long as he doesn't have any broken bones, I'm good." he said with a wink to C'yn.

"I know, feels like so long ago........but if you think about it. it wasnt that long ago really. just a short timespan in comparison to other things." He looked back at her with his cyan blue eyes. I feel younger around her.....I don't know why, and I honestly don't care. Why is this happening to me? He thought in confusion. Dracoth heard his thoughts. Jubilath, do you think those two are beginning to be emotionally attached to each other? He asked her curiously.

Jubilath thought for a moment and looked at Dracoth then back at her rider who was actually enjoying herself. Around the man before this, she was always worried that she would make him leave somehow. I think that she is grateful that R'ran is staying with her as a friend at the moment. But even though they have known each other for a short time, she does seem to like his presence. she said as her beloved rider thought on what R'ran had said. "Hm, I guess I never thought of time that way. I have always seen it as something that can be traveled in, but it does continue to go on as we become older." she said and gently splashed water on her to keep her from heating up to much.

((I want to suggest a time skip?))

((How much of a timeskip?))

R'ran smiled. "Have you ever thought about getting a haircut? I'm not meaning that offensively, just a thought that came to mind." He tried to avoid getting asked questions about saying that. R'ran is definitely (with an I, not an A) enjoying your riders company aswell. Dracoth pointed out. R'ran rubbed his chest and stomach with water to avoid getting too hot.

((go for it, I can have Aoi finish the sword that she was working on for Terin's friend....))

Gora winced as Kandicath jumped into the water excitedly looking like a young dragonet even though she was almost fully grown since she was one of the smaller types of dragons. "i hope she didn't get you to wet." she said not daring to look Elena in the eye and watched as Kandicath swam in circles with Verdith.

A'lee appeared before Brenden hold after traveling between and gazed around. Most of the dragons were in the water and she glanced to Dolleth and sent a quick enquiry. 'No thanks, I'll just sunbathe. I have some dignity.' A'lee Nodded and the glided down to land. As she stepped off she gazed at Kandicath and snorted in usion with her dragon. "Some people never grow up." She said. Dolleth nodded once. The dragon was splashing around like a newborn, and as Dolleth laye down to sunbathe some water hit her. Dolleth growled a warning 'If another drop hits me, so help me.... A'lee turned and said "Easy. That's not the best way to talk to your brethren, even if they are simpletons." Dolleth grumbelled and settled back down. A'lee moved over and scratched the ridge above the eyelids where the dragons loved to be scratched.