LoveLost

Pern: A World of Dragonriders and Dragons

Gora was laughing heartily until Kandicath splashed her with a large wave which sent her up to the shore. With a sheepish smile Gora nodded happily. "Yes. When she doesn't play, she usually just sits there like a water bird." she said with a laugh as Kandicath came out and shook water all over Gora, Verdith and Athis. "I am so sorry!" she said as she quickly grabbed a warm towel that was always there thanks to the constant use of the lake by Junior Weyrwoman Heedana. "Kandicath can forget herself sometimes." she said and the dragon nodded a large affirmative. Gloriana flitted to her owners shoulder with an inquiring cheep at the new person, her violet-black skin reflecting the sun darkly. "I'm Gora." she said with a smile not expecting anyone to know that she was Weyrleader K'leb's sister.

Xyliana smiled as he did noticing how dark his eyes still seemed, and how sad they were as well as how blue almost reminding her of Ezran and her brother E'ran. "I am Xyliana, rider of Azure Vixenith and owner of him." she said pointing to her blood red firelizard who sat on her shoulder eyeing V'nov as if he was his next meal. "However, don't mind him." she said with a disapproving glare in the firelizards general direction, to which his only response was to fly away. "As to introducing you to the entire flight, that is something that can be easily arranged." She said and motioned for him to follow. She wasn't in her riding gear that day and wouldn't be until the 'morrow when Thread was supposed to fall. A scar peeked out from underneath her Southerner skirt showing where she had been scarred a long time ago.

EDIT

In front of them popped a dragon from between who shook some ice crystals from her skin showing that she was at another lake than the one in the weyr. Who is this? She asked her rider as she turned placid blue whirling eyes towards V'nov. He is different...he is very, very sad. She said and crooned to the man as she walked over to him and placed her head in the center of his chest, her eyes whirling faster, a calming blue. Please do not be sad. Came Vixenith's strong, calm, feminine voice into V'nov's mind. throughout this interaction, Xyliana was very surprised. "I'm sorry, sometimes I forget how perceptive the new colors are...and how straightforward they are." she seemed nervous about it and cleared her throat as Vixenith backed up. The small dragon was only 27 feet long, 11 feet shorter than Ruth and her skin was mainly gold with several mottled spots of turquoise but a prominent mottling of cobalt blue.

((dragon sizes http://kaiserflames.deviantart.com/art/Per...Chart-133868492 an Azure is about the size of a thoroughbred which is still smaller than Ruth,))

Edited by LoveLost

R'ran was about to catch up to Ezran but she vanished before he could. "What the? Where'd she go?" He wondered. Dracoth, have you seen Ezran? I just tried to catch up to her but she vanished. He spoke to his dragon. Dracoth replied,She's here with Jubilath, she looks quite pale. R'ran ran back to the dragons. He spotted Ezran with Jubilath. "You ok Ezran?" He asked worried.

Ezran looked at R'ran and smiled. "I'm fine." She paused as Jubilath rudely told her to quit lying and looked at Dracoth with a wry grin. She's pregnant...with twins. Ezran glared at Jubilath angrily and decided to walk out in the throng of people that were working trying to get away but finding herself having to come to a standstill beside a wall and leaning against it. Jubilath crooned loudly to her rider and wondered why she was so upset.

Dracoth grinned back. Really? That's quite interesting, I'm amazed how humans can be so limited in reproduction sometimes. What's got her so bothered lately if I may ask? He was curious. R'ran meanwhile went over to Ezran. "Ezran what's got you so upset? You need to talk to someone." He didn't like seeing a friend like Ezran troubled like this.

Edited by LordTorch18

C'yn smiled with a nod, mulling over where he thought his childhood friend would hide. Figuring it would hurt he set about toward her rooms, knowing how often she'd run to and from simply because she forgot something. "Her rooms would be a good start if she wants to meet up with you like I think she would. Oh, hey K'leb. How's the new duties been treating you? I don't think I ever got around to asking you about them."

((Sorry it's a might bit short.>.>))

---

Bambina clambered up to her feet and collecting her dishes. She made quick work of getting them to were they should be and flitted out toward the bowl to check on her Cerith. She caught sight of others but was content to leave them be unless they called for her. When she reached Cerith, Bambina circled the dragon checking to make sure she hadn't missed any spots in her oiling.

Ezran was about to respond in a very insulting and biting way before her firelizard bit her ear hard and then hissed at her his eyes whirling an angry red. He could tell that something was wrong, and that she needed to talk to someone. "When you are forced to do something you didn't want...and then surprised that you are going to have TWO children at the age of 17....what do you think would be wrong?" she said looking up at him tears not even being apparant. All it was, was a massive amount of rage and fury, remorse and regret, as well as fear.

K'leb shrugged. "I don't know...I think that F'lar and Lessa are letting Soria and I figure things out for when we become Weyrleaders if they so choose. F'lar is getting old and wants to step down and so does Lessa, but not exactly yet. I guess things are a bit rough to transfer into, especially since I haven't seen Soria as much as I want to." he said knowing that despite C'yn's young age, he could talk freely to the young man.

R'ran saw the anger, fear, and regret in her eyes. He sighed. "I'm sorry. I know I can't fully understand it, but what I do know, is that you don't have to face it alone. You have friends, friends that are loyal and trustworthy. Let your friends help you with this burden." He said before sitting next to her, trying to be helpful. Dracoth looked sad. He turned to Jubilath. I don't think I've ever seen such a range of emotions before, I'm truly sorry for your rider. And I know R'ran is too.

Jubilath was very quiet when she looked to Dracoth. She doesn't like pity...for some reason it makes it harder for her. I don't know why. She doesn't want to share the burden because for the longest time, when she tried, she was harmed by evil men.

Ezran shook her head and looked up to the sky. "You and everyone else will never get it...but thanks."

Athis laughed a little when Kandicath shook water on her and Verdith. Verdith however was a bit startled, and let out funny sounding noise, that could only be described as a squawk, in her surprise. "It's fine." Athis said to Gora. "She can over-react sometimes." Athis gestured towards Verdith, who had settled down again. She smiled when Gora told introduced herself, and said, "Nice to meet you. I'm Athis."

As Athis was talking, Verdith walked over to the very edge of the water and took a small drink before looking back at Athis. She still wanted to go in and Athis was still nervous about it. Nothing had yet been mentioned in her Weyrling classes about swimming. So she asked Gora, "Do you think she'd be okay? She thinks she'll be okay, but it's better to be safe than have to rescue her later and be sorry."

"After being with Kandicath," she said looking at her large dragonet. "I don't think that anything really hurts them as much as we think it does. Except for flying to early. She should be fine if she just swims lightly. And Kandicath is large enough to help her out as well." she said with a smile. At 2-3 weeks old, Kandicath was half the size that she would be in another 3-4 weeks...the size of a small bronze. Gora smiled kindly and looked at Athis then watched as Kandicath did her best to dry Verdith with gentle flaps of her wings. I'm sorry...I didn't really mean to get you wet. She said her speech more fluent like more of the newer colors.

Dracoth sighed. She should know that R'ran would never harm her like that. Look at the two of them. One in pain, one trying his best to help her. That has to count for something. He words would seem very wise. "Ezran, if you ever need help, remember that Dracoth and I will always be willing to assist. We're you're friends, and we don't want to see our friends hurt." Nudging her as a tease.

Jubilath nodded and crooned in gentle thanks to Dracoth. I know that...she doesn't. She settled down beside Dracoth to wait out Ezran's temper which was starting to abate. Ezran looked and R'ran and smiled while chuckling slightly. "Thanks." she said and looked out in front of her then at her hands. They had been blistered from working with Aoi and she knew she had to blister them again. "Why...? oh never mind." she said and stood up.

R'ran's eyebrow rose. "So where do you plan to go next? Or are you considering finding somewhere to rest? Which I highly recommend cause of the babies." He suggested. He didn't think it was wise to be out and about too much. Luckily he was a male so he didn't really know much about this stuff.

"If I rest to much, I lose my Apprenticeship to Aoi....I am learning how to be a smith." she said and then laughed as a woman who overheard them raised her eyebrows and starting to talk to her husband. "But I guess I can agree there....but then I have nothing to do if I rest all the time." She gets bored very easily. Jubilath said to Dracoth with a chuckle.

"She misses spending time with you, too." C'yn helped Dorian lift off his shoulder to fly next to the human males as they made their way to Soria's weyr. Every so often the fire lizard would make a pass over C'yn head and settle in his hair before taking off again. Shaking his head at Dorian's antics, C'yn continued talking to K'leb. "I know she's complaining about reading and cramming her head to full. Mostly I think she's avoiding thinking about how little time you two get to be together. Which is why I know she misses you. Well, that and she's constantly fiddling with the ring you gave her. That and the thing she's making for you...and I shouldn't have told you that."

R'ran and Dracoth thought the same thing but only R'ran spoke about it. "Maybe you should find somethin else to do when you're bored. Maybe you can pick up dating. Find someone that likes you for you and won't take advantage of you." He said with a smirk.

"The thing she's making for me?" he asked C'yn with a suspicious look that sent him into a laugh. "I have always told her that she didn't have to give me anything at any time no matter what even if she really did want to do that." He laughed and ran his hand nervously through his blond hair noticing that it was a little bit to long for his liking. "I am glad that she likes the ring C'yn...I wanted it to make her smile." he said with a happy, somewhat boyish grin on his face.

Ezran glared at R'ran for a moment before laughing. "Me? Date? Now that's a novel idea." she said and then looked at Jubilath who crooned at the emotions that went through Ezran. Please do not tell your rider. Ezran...she has never dated...but she has HAD to be with men...against her will. Jubilath stated in the only way she knew how. All of the early dragon colors are incapable of understanding complex relationships, but they understand emotions and the basics.

"Yeah. I just wanted to be sure." Athis said in response to Gora. "Verdith has wanted to try a number of things I was unsure of, but she was always fine in the end." She looked at Verdith again and said, "You may swim for a little. Just don't try anything you know you won't be able to do."

Verdith's eyes whirled with excitement as she glanced from Athis to Kandicath. You don't need to dry me. Come swim with me. With that, she plodded into the water until it was just deep enough to where she could use her legs, wings and tail to propel herself forward. She began swimming in large circles, waiting for Kandicath to join her.

Dracoth nodded, he never told R'ran. R'ran himself on the other hand, he had an idea. "I got an idea. Why dont you learn to defend yourself? That way, if anyone tries to do something to you, you can fend them off. See, it seems to me, if you want to avoid this baby thing happening to you again, you need to know how to defend yourself. several ways to do this. use your own body as a defensive weapon, or, learn to use a weapon. and really, anything around you can be used as one." He figured maybe he could teach her a few things, but waited to see if she'd ask. Since he did carry weapons, it'd be obvious he knew how to fight.

"It does. She gets this silly little smile on her face when she fiddles with it." C'yn chuckled as he recalled teasing her about it until she whacked him with a pillow. He stopped for a moment as he remembered he wasn't supposed to tell K'leb about the gift. "She's been spending her free time on it. When I reminded her that you wouldn't expect anything from her and you didn't seem the type to demand a gift, Soria said that she knew. She also said that if she wanted to give you a gift that she would and I had best just smile and be happy. Something about her showing her favor where and how ever she pleases. Also might have threatened to drown me in my soup bowl. Um, you don't mind not telling her I told you about it, do you? I like not smelling like soup."

Gora winced as Kandicath jumped into the water excitedly looking like a young dragonet even though she was almost fully grown since she was one of the smaller types of dragons. "i hope she didn't get you to wet." she said not daring to look Elena in the eye and watched as Kandicath swam in circles with Verdith.

K'leb looked impishly at C'yn and then grinned. "But I am sure that all of the firelizards would love you!" However, he couldn't hold his face like that for long and found himself laughing away the tension that had built up over the past few days since F'lar and Lessa had been away for some meeting in Southern. He wondered what was going on but shrugged it off with the last bit of laughter he had. "I still wonder where she is though."

(I have no idea where Ethril is...)

Ezran smiled and knew that she had learned to defend herself...but not against a man. Her last teacher had been a woman and had taught her the weak points of a woman, but not a man. She taught her the muscles to target on a woman and how to flip a sword deftly from a woman, but not a man. "Only if you teach me how to fight a man...I know how to fight a woman," she said placing her hand on the hilt of a sword that was a gift along time ago that used to be a decorative weapon but was now consistently on because of what had happened to her. "But I was never taught how to fight a man." she said with a sigh of release. "I learned how to fight with my siblings, fist to face, when I was younger...but nothing constructive though; nothing structured."

R'ran smiled. "It would be my honor to teach you. Though some things I can't teach you. Reason being, you're having a baby right now and it could harm the baby. BUT I can teach you other things. Fighting a man isn't much different from fighting a woman. Just let me know when you want to begin." He knew it would be a good idea. Dracoth smirked watching the two. I have a good feeling about this. Him teaching her is going to make a difference in her life. He spoke confidently to Jubilath.

Ezran could feel herself tense at the word baby and looked at the ground when he was done speaking. "Babies." she said as she glanced up at him and turned around. It was odd for her to allow herself to rely on a man, to allow herself to do that sort of thing was almost sacrilegious to her. The only other man that she had allowed herself to open up to, was T'lom...and he left her. She looked at R'ran and took a deep breath to steady herself. "R'ran...I want to make one thing clear." she said and knew she may or may not regret this. "I can't handle having a man in my life...as in having a relationship right now..." It was easy to see that she was hurting, but also easy to see that she wasn't going to say anymore. "I would like to start as soon as I go and throw up again." she said and ducked behind a corner to throw up. It was longer than normal and she had to kneel momentarily to gather her wits about her.

Jubilath nodded in agreement with Dracoth and smiled. Maybe he can get her to truly smile again...the way T'lom did. I miss that smile. Her dragon stated and Ezran knew then that Jubilath had told Dracoth. Her face reddened angrily as she turned on her dragon obviously arguing with her as the young woman's fists clenched beside her.

V'nov stood, followed. Went through the motions of walking, but his mind was elsewhere. His thoughts kept drifting back to Xyliana's eyes. He'd seen them before, on somebody else, but he couldn't remember... He felt tired, and his head pounded as though he were drunk, and his thoughts were slow and scattered with every pulse. Dimly he was aware of pain from his wounds, and he felt that this should concern him, but it was like the pain was drifting to him through deep water, like he was drowning in it.

V'nov? V'nov!

That voice... Was he thinking that? No, it was Iotenth... wasn't it?

V'nov... V'NOV... tO WArN... liStEN to... GO bAck... nEedS heLp... pLeAse... pARadoX... sAd... v'nOv! Then came the pictures. There was Thread falling, Tanistha's face, and last of all, a helmet of somekind. It looked a little like a dragon's head, with two tubes running back from the temples. DEATH! the images and words rattled around in his skull, too much to take in, too fast! V'nov fell to the ground, clutching his head. His wounds burned like fire, adding to the sensory chaos. Overload! More sensations danced through his mind, a confused torrent of mental data. A million moments played through him simultaneously, leaving no room for the present. Something's wrong! he thought, or perhaps Iotenth said. Then, V'nov had no more room for awareness as his mind sorted, sorted, never fast enough, burying everything it could in his brain before it slipped away. Meanwhile, V'nov lay catatonic, Iotenth mentally wailing over and over, Something's wrong with V'nov!