LoveLost

Pern: A World of Dragonriders and Dragons

F'nor's face was a slight cherry red from anger as he walked closer and motioned for the Gold rider to step down from her dragon.

Heedana set her jaw and motioned for the girls to wait here as she jumped off her dragons side and landed nimbly on the ground which only made Lord F'nor's face grow even more so red.

"You know very good and well that you are not to choose favorites Heedana." he said his fists balled but his eyes showing worry.

Heedana merely brushed her curly hair out of her face and shifted her wieght to one foot while placing her hands on her firm hips. "F'nor, you should have set the example then. You had me as a favorite amongst the queen candidates...it was that or a petty crush." she said her eyes holding a hardness of emotion that was far to intense to determine.

F'nor looked down at the ground then back up at her then at the girls. "You will teach them wrong for doing this."

"F'nor, the other candidates will more than likely be harder on them or befriend them to get to me. They will have to learn a lot between now and the hatching then." she said and smiled at her ingeniousness.

F'nor looked at her quite surprised at what she had said. "You really thought this out didn't you Heedana?"

Heedana smiled smugly then climbed back up on her dragon as F'nor walked off with a crooning Canth. "Never jump off your dragon like i did...it's stupid." she said with a smile and held her hand up as a signal for Tilleth to take off to her weyr

Soria squeaked when she watched Heedana jump off of Tilleth. She looked at Cleo to see if Cleo knew what was going on, before looking back to Heedana. She watched quietly while Heedana talked. When Heedana was back on Tilleth's back in front of them Soria listened to her.

"Never jump off your dragon like i did...it's stupid."

"Of course, m'Lady." Soria's eyes widened at the thought of jumping off a dragon's back. The idea of doing so, left her a bit scared. She doubted she'd ever be able to do that without planting her face in the dirt. She did cling to Cleo when Heedana raised her hand. I hope I don't pull a usual and fall off like with the runners,

Edited by Mijikoi

Heedana smiled as Tilleth lifted herself into the air as smoothy as she could so as not to jolt the younglings. Her liftoff was actually smoother than usual. Heedana looked back at the two and made sure they were okay as Tilleth landed at her Weyr. "Alright, everyone off." she said as she slipped down and waited below to catch the two so that they could go and check on Soria's eggs.

#~#~#~#~#~#~#~#~#~#~#~#~#~#~#~#~#~#~#~#~#~#~#~#~#~#~#

Ezran had rolled out of bed early that morning to the annoying chirping of her hungry firelizard. She heard most of the other Candidates waking up and moving around already so she stood up and quickly put on a wherhide shirt that laced up on the side and then some wherhide pants that had laceups on the sides of her legs. She stood in front of a cracked mirror as she braided her reddish hair that hung to the ground. Her arms were numb by the time she was done so she left her braid forward in a way that her red hair framed her crystal blue eyes. She rinsed her face quickly and was ready to walk out the door with a pitiously creeling firelizard. "Oh do be quiet Jerome." she asked as he crawled to her shoulder and wrapped his thin tail around her neck. She was soon past all of the other Candidates and in the Food Hall and had eaten with them. She was standing with the others when she noticed that two girls were missing. She turned to the Queen rider and saw that they were with her. She shrugged it off but when Canth and F'nor went to them, she thought that something must have been wrong. Soon enough though, F'nor was back and started off with everyone lining up in flights.

Soria did her best not to falland only barely managed not to slip as she clambered ungracefully from Tilleth's back. In the end, she reached out to Heedana to steady herself and looked to see how Cleo did. Her excitment dimmed a bit at the flight being over. She had really enjoyed flying with the other women. Turning to Heedana, Soria curtsied in respect and thanks.

When she completed her curtsy, Soria let her mind drift to her eggs as a question popped in her mind. The question slid from her lips before she had time to actually think it through, startling Soria. "M'Lady, will the fire lizards name them selves or will I name them? I mean, I heard the dragons name them selves and I know that fire lizards and dragons are somewhat related. I think?"

Jareb had been helping Manora prepare breakfast that morning. He'd eaten tidbits here and there, and by the time the candidates were all eating he'd been pretty full. He sat down with them anyway, though, and munched on a few fruits. He wasn't too surprised that the Junior Weyrwoman had seemed to take a liking to some of the female candidates, it made sense to him. They were candidates for a queen, after all. Plus, it all depended on the little queen that hatched, not necessarily who the weyrwomen liked.

He lined up with the other candidates, standing next to a tall girl with long pretty red hair. He saw her looking off toward the two girls and the queen, and admitted to himself that they did seem to be getting preferential treatment. He saw her shrug and elbowed the girl next to him slyly, and gave her a grin.

"Name's Jareb," he muttered, friendly-like.

Ogrith blinked into existence high up above the Weyr, eyes swirling a pleasant green. Atop his back rode S'kom and a petrified boy, a new candidate. They swung down in circles, toward S'kom's weyr. Before they reached it, though, Ogrith noticed Canth, and trumpeted a bright greeting. He saw the candidates lined up. Shall we land there? S'kom heard his dragon's voice in his head, and agreed that that was a good idea.

They landed a dragonlength from the youngsters, and S'kom slid effortlessly off his dragon. He turned and looked up at the boy, who seemed frozen in his seat.

"Come down, now, son," he said. "These are the other candidates." The boy tumbled clumsily off of Ogrith's back, and hurried to the end of the line. S'kom looked to F'nor, who had just arrived. He smiled petulantly. "A new candidate for you, F'nor." He had his helmet under his arm, and he swept his hand through his greasy black hair.

((Hi guys smile.gif ))

Edited by Odio

((Aloha Odio! Mijikoi and Ramoth...this is Odio...Odio this is Mijikoi and Ramoth smile.gif ))

Ezran nearly jumped when Jareb elbowed her in the ribs. It tickled....a LOT. "hey that tickles." she said then turned to face him and blushed lightly as she looked up at him. She hadn't hit her growth spurt yet this year and she was in her 15th turn. She held her hand out to shake his. "The name's Ezran." she said and smiled brightly. She was acting out of character like she always did around boys she thought were cute, confidant. She tried her best to hide the timidity in her sky blue eyes as she waited for him to shake her hand in greeting.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Canth bugled a happy response to the blue dragon and reared on his haunches excitedly and extended his wings showering sand on the weyrlings that were oiling him.

F'nor grimaced as he saw S'kom. "A good day to you blue rider." he said kindly. "I see you bring us another candidate...where is he from?" he asked as he walked over to him leaving a Weyrling in charge.

~*~*~*~~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~

Heedana smiled at Soria and Cleo as she led them from her dragons wyer and into her room. "I think that in a way fire lizards name themselves through their actions. But in all essence you name them what you want them to be and they will respond to your call either vocally or mentally if you train them right. Yenay?" she called and the small queen appeared beside her rider's head. "See?" she said and walked out of her room pushing them gently in front of her.

((Bonsowa-ru, Odio. Pleasure to meet you.))

"I see. Thank you, m'Lady." Soria nodded and smiled at Heedana. She had an idea for her duo's names, but she would wait to see if the duet would like them. Tintesk had liked his name, but he was a wher and his mind was different from a fire lizard's as far as Soria was aware. The idea of having a companion to share her thoughts with, made Soria let out a soft sigh of delight. "I hope they like me, because since I've had them, I've come to think I like them already."

Heedana laughed as she thought about what Soria was saying because she herself had done it with her three. "As long as you are there to Impress them, they'll like you. If I hadn't have been there for my three, they would have been wild." she said and motioned for Soria to see if she could find her room.

Soria looked around the hall to try and get a baring on where she was and where she needed to go. It had been so miuch easier in the Keep. The decoration told you were to go. Shaking her head, Soria walked along the hall in the direction she thought her room was.Maybe I should suggest numbering the rooms too?

"The Weyr is very different from my Lady's home in Lemos." Soria commented idly, as she examed the hall and the doorways. "It's not near so big or so full, I think."

The halls all looked identical, but she managed to locate her room after almost walking by it. She was glad that her bag had been against the door way. Soria had seen the brown hyde strap sticking out in the hallway on the floor. She squealed and bounced on her feet at having found her room.

((And you Mijikoi! Thanks for the intro Lovelost! biggrin.gif Do you guys think the color is annoying? Or is it okay? Just let me know either way. Oh YA I forgot about 'turns' instead of years!))

Jareb felt a sort of spark light up inside. He could tell she liked him. He grabbed her hand and gave it a firm shake, and chuckled a little when she said he'd tickled her. "Sorry, didn't mean to." He noticed a little blush creeping up in her face, and tried not to smile too hard. She was pretty, and she had a pretty name, too. "Nice to meet you," he said, very gentlemanly now that he felt a sort of connection, "...Ezran." He said her name as if tasting it. He felt a frog jump in his throat, and felt nervous himself. This was unexpected!

S'kom didn't really feel like talking to the handsome brownrider, but it was his duty as a searchrider. He spared a glance for the runty little boy, who seemed to be ducking among the other candidates. S'kom thought for a moment, as he'd been to quite a few holds that morning. His face was wrinkled into a contemptuous expression, but for no apparent reason.

"Erm, I think he was from a seahold down south..." as he spoke, Ogrith sent him his memories of the waves and the half-circle bay. "Yes! That's right, Half-Circle Seahold. Ogrith here noticed him among a crowd of holdbrats during their classes." He said the word 'holdbrats' somewhat crudely, with a sneer.

((The runty kid is just an NPC, unless somebody wants to play him. I think Half-circle is where Menolly was from? It was one of the only places I could remember!))

((I'll take the runty kid! Reminds me of a kitten we had named Runt...lol!!!))

(((And no prob. I want everyone who RP's here to feel welcome. There are going to be two new RP'ers; dracodoctorwhofan, and BlueApollo (hope I spelled that correctly)))

((And the colors are fine...I should proly be using them also...))

Heedana smirked at Soria's comment. "i have no doubt of that...but Fort Weyr is supposedly much larger than our own. So be glad that we don't live there." she said with a laugh in her voice. When they reached Soria's room Heedana felt relieved. "Well Soria, lead the way to your eggs." she said softly trying to contain the excitement she had for Soria.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Ezran's blush deepened slightly when Jareb acted gentlemanly because she had never been treated so nicely except for her brother...the memory is what made it seem like she was blushing...only it was anger that flashed into her eyes. Ezran turned timid in a moment as the Weyrling that was leading them walked over. "Here it comes." she said with a sigh. Her red hair fell further into her face as she looked down waiting for the yelling that was about to ensue.

"Were you two even listening? We are supposed to be running the parralel flight pattern and you two as the head of the flight are still in "V" pattern!" said the young man with his hands flailing in the air as he spoke.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

F'nor laughed at the riders distaste for holdbrats. He slapped the man on the shoulder with friendly meaning and laughed again. "S'kom? Half-Circle is a blessed hold...but I do agree with the holdbrats being distasteful things even if we were them for a time." he said with a smile. "Now you...what is your name?" he asked the young man

((odio, pick a name for him!))

Edited by LoveLost

((*waves* Bonsowa-ru, dracodoctorwhofan, BlueApollo. ^.^))

Soria fairly skipped through the doorway and over to where she had left her eggs. She ploped down in front the eggs without any decorum. Her fingers ghosted lightly over both eggs, checking to make sure they hadn't come to any harm while she was gone. "Here they are m'Lady, Miss Cleo. My little duo."

Soria raised her eyes to look at Heedana. She wondered what Heedana would say and if the eggs were in good health. Giving the other two women a look of worry, Soria scooted to the side to let Heedana and Cleo look at the two eggs.

Edited by Mijikoi

Heedana smiled again and took a step forward and picked up one of the eggs. it was a little warm on one side but that was easily remedied by turning it. She saw how hard the egg was and looked at Yenay for any signs of the hatching. Yenay chirrped and placed her head alongside the egg as if listening and pulled her head back sharply with excited chattering. SHe gave Heedana the impression of a little bronze firelizard in this egg and he seemed to be very big and all ready to hatch. "Soria, your eggs seem about ready to hatch according to my little beauty here."

(do you want the eggs to hath now or later?))

((thks for saying I have an awesome RP in your siggy smile.gif ))

Edited by LoveLost

((Hiya everybody *waves* Draco has appeared. Currently I'm unsure how to use colour code my characters, especially in this post. I'll likely only colour different people's speech. Oh. and I'll soon have a couple of candidates PMed to you Love.))

Kelissa and G'sak where sitting opposite each other in Kelissa's quarters. G'sak was talking animatedly about healing, attempting to teach Kelissa something of his profession, Kelissa sat head cocked trying to take in what her mate was saying. She didn't quite understand what he was telling him, but she tried her best. In the weyr Vaytith slumbered soundly. Only about a week from rising the green was getting irritable and her rider along with her, G'sak was the only one brave enough to approach them in private, but now that Vaytith was resting Kelissa was a little more approachable. Outside on the landing ledge G'sak's blue Xynelth lay. He was also lying down but was not relaxed in the slightest. His eyes swirling through orange to red as other males flew near, occasionally he hissed at one or two. With Vaytith close to rising Xynelth wasn't going to let any dragon near his mate without warning them from getting too close.

((Now, if it's no trouble. I've been exicted about writing about them. And it's no trouble just telling the truth.^.^))

Soria cheered and bounced on her knees. The last time she had felt this much joy was when she had been found during a Search and when Tintesk had been given to her for handling. She smiled joyfully at both eggs, a part of her was sunk in awe of being able to have her own fire lizards. Soria had watched her Lady Famira enviously as the Lady walked about in the company of a man, whom had three lizards to call his own. She had been pleased to be given the eggs by Lady Famira that she had startled the woman by hugging her in front of the dining hall. The breech of decorum had been brought up by her mother, during much scolding, as Soria left with the Searcher. "That's wonderful!"

Edited by Mijikoi

Heedana nearly jumped when the egg started to rock in her hands. Yenay chirpped again and landed near a blue that had just appeared near her. All four of the little firelizards were humming in unison as the egg started to rock. Heedana quickly moved so that the eggs were sitting directly in front of Soria.

I want to see the eggs hatch. complained Tilleth as she added in her encouraging humming to the little dragons.

Heedana sighed and moved Soria and her eggs to the ledge where Tilleth had landed. Her eyes were whirling a beautiful golden color that was even deeper gold than her own hide. Heedana murmered something about food and ran down the hall to her own room so that she could call for some food cubes to be brought up. On her way back she paused for a moment at Kelissa's doorway. "Good morning Kelissa...G'sak." she said her eyes twinkling with the excitement. "Bye!" she said as her legs carried her back to the young Candidates room.

Both Kelissa and G'sak nodded in acknowledgement. "Where are you..." began Kelissa, but Heedana was already gone. "I wonder where she was off to in such a hurry?" G'sak shrugged, "I don't know, but whether it was it must have been pretty important." Outside Xynelth turned to pay attention to the humans. There are firelizard eggs hatching in one of the candidate's rooms. He related to G'sak in a bored manner. G'sak smiled, "Xynelth says that there's some firelizards hatching." He stood up and held a hand out for Kelissa. She also got up, without accepting his hand, "Firelizards? I think that might be in Soria's room. I know she's got some eggs. I've never seen a firelizard hatching." The grin on Kelissa's face was easily read, "Well then, let's go see them." And both riders left for Soria's room.

Edited by dracodoctorwhofan

((If I get anything wrong please let me know.>.> Please and thank you.^.^))

Soria watched Heedana curiously, when the rider set the guide her to the ledge and took off. Soria turned to Cleo, before looking back to the eggs that were shaking and cracking. Soria almost ready to panic, but found herself thinking thinking about how wonderful the little fire lizards were. As Soria watched the two fire lizard eggs, she listened to the hum of Tilleth and the other fire lizards. She probably wouldn't ever tell anyone but at that moment, Soria felt like the smallest person in the world being given a treasure. It made her feel humbled and exceedingly proud. After all, who would have believed a stable handler could have made it this far. Soria smiled and cooed to the hactching fire lizards.

Edited by Mijikoi

The intensity of the humming increased by the time Heedana had reached the room. Soon following her and much to her surprise was Kelissa and G'sak. "Soria, this is Kelissa a green rider and G'sak a blue rider." She said quickly as she took a large bowl of chopped meat from a wyerling that was sent up. "Here you go Soria. When they hatch from their shells, start talking to them as you are now and pet them while you feed them. no one else can help you with them because otherwise they will Impress to that person." she said and placed the bowl next to Soria and went over to Tilleth and leaned on her dragons head.

((so far you doing well...after the eggs rock they should tumble over and crack open revealing the little hatchlings smile.gif ))

"Hello, Miss Kelissa and Sir G'sak." Soria passed a greeting to the two new faces. She did give Heedana a nod of understanding as she leaned over in time to see a a bronze head starting to break through it's shell as it tipped onto it's side making a large enough crack break. Absently, Soria took two pieces of meat for the little ones and cooed words of encouragement to both the hatching eggs. She stroked moved a piece of shell from the bronzes head as she stroked a fingertip along the top of his head. A glance to the other egg showed a green snout poking out from under it's now broken shell. It seemed the bronze would have a slightly more difficult time of it then her green. Soria giggled a bit, giving the green a fond look. "Oh, aren't you two wonderful."

She made sure to share her attention between the two hatchlings. Soria helped here and there, not certian if she should but unable to resist. When the Bronze managed to free himself from the shell, Soria offered the him a piece of meat much like she had with Tricky. She cooed to the green and the bronze whispering to them how proud she was, even as she thought of how darling the two were to her.

Edited by Mijikoi

"Oh, great," Jareb mumbled. He heard what the weyrling said and looked around. Some of the other candidates were laughing. He smiled and hurried into position.

"Sorry!"

S'kom resisted the urge to push F'nor's hand off. He turned to look at the boy, who was at the end of the parallel formation.

"Name's Gurty, your sirness!" he piped up.

Blue Ogrith responded to Canth with a sort of warbling rumbling sound, extending his neck. His eyes began to whirl faster, different colors appearing. He'd noticed an agitated green on a shelf not far away. He bunched his thick leg muscles, and leaped into the air, beating his wings to carry him over to her. He did a few swoops nearby, showing off, trying his best to ignore the larger blue next to her.

Edited by Odio

"Oh my, they're so sweet." Kelissa squealed quietly. G'sak rolled his eyes and whispered to Kelissa, "Don't speak too loudly, if you startle them they'll go between." Kelissa nodded slowly and set to watching the young girl feed the hatchlings, she found it remarkable how similar, and yet how different, the little green was to her own Vaytith. G'sak watched the hatching with less wonderment than Kelissa, he'd seen Firelizards before and compared to the dragons he thought they were unimpressive. However, he thought, maybe if another clutch was laid in the weyr he'd try his hand at impressing one, they were entertaining, and at least their message carrying skills could be useful.

((Odio, is your Ogrith showing off to my Vaytith?))

((Thankies. That site help me greatly.))

"Aren't they though?" Soria looked up at Kelissa with a grin, before looking back to her fire lizards. She fed both fire lizards more of the meat that Heedana had brought her. She really wished she knew what to do other then feeding them. It was startling to her how different a baby fire lizard was to a watch wher. Soria loved and adored Tintesk, but these two had stolen her heart. She brushed a finger over the bronzes eye ridge, hoping not to scare the little male and did the same to the green after handing both fire lizards another piece of meat. She was startled to find herself telling the little lizards the same poem she told to the whers from home. It was a peom Lady Famira had taught to her children, whom had taught Soria. Soria did find she wasn't nearly so startled by what she had done, as she was when the two lizards actually looked at her.

Edited by Mijikoi

((Um, from what I remember all you do is keep feeding it, and encourage it onto your lap. Then you feed it to bursting point, once it's full it'll fall asleep. This link may help you: http://www.cibryen.com/firelizards.html . It contains info about fire-lizards, off course you can ignore the parts about filling out forms for the RP and such.))