LoveLost

Pern: A World of Dragonriders and Dragons

It should be PG-13/14, not 17/18. And you forgot character gender plus you don't need to put 'character' in front of them all. Just have 'name' 'gender' and 'age' and only specify when it's dragon.

@Odio- I started with one of her books that was a gathering of a whole bunch of her books and then the Harper Trilogy....I LOVE THAT TRILOGY!!!!

@Kjkaings- thanks for pointing that out. *runs to go change it.*

I'm hungry...and your sleeping in later than you promised...GET UP! Tilleth's eyes whirled an angry red as her tail twitched.

Heedana groaned in her bed. "Will you shut up?!" she said and threw a pillow at the golden head that peeked into her room. The pillow landed squarely on Tilleth's nose which made her roar lightly. "you can eat on your own...your a grown dragon." she grumbled and rolled over in her bed. She had an aching headache from the night before when she drank to her heart's content on the eve of her mother's death. She nearly yelled into her pillow as she heard the petulent creelings of her three fire lizards, Tricky, Huzah and Yenay. "Fine!" she said and rolled out of bed while accidentally tossing the blankets onto the little queen. Her squwaking (how do you spell that?) and difficult gyrations made Heedana laugh much to her remorse as it sent a fresh throbbing deep into her skull. She sighed and picked up the blankets trying to sort through them to find the little queen. Yenay was soon on the ground giving Heedana a harsh scolding. A quiet hiss from Tilleth stopped the irate firelizard.

With much stabling from her dragons sheer will, she was able to make it to her wash room and slip into a warm bath. Her fire-lizards hopped into the water with her and proceeded to clean themselves while Tilleth paced in her own Weyr. In a short amount of time Heedana had cleaned herself and her friends. SHe quickly dried off while walking to her shelves that held her clothes. With a deft twist of her wrist she pulled out a sea grass green skirt with white beading along the middle, hem and the waist. She was soon dressed in this, her harper blue boots, and her slightly darker harper blue colored shirt. This shirt fit closely to her body and had no sleeves and basically straps that covered that of her bra-straps. It was slightly low cut. She wore her only necklace made of a green stone in a square shape with four darker stones set around it and a deep blue one in the middle. She prepared her hair so that the curls hung around her head and the golden tips seemed to be almost like a halo. "There I am ready now my dears." she said and walked into Tilleth's weyr and slipped nimbly up to her neck. Yenay settled herself on Heedana's shoulder and slipped her tail around her neck. Tricky settled on the other shoulder and Huzah in front of her.

Tilleth roared a morning greeting to the other dragons as she lept from her weyr ledge which was the highest in the entire Weyr. She lept high into the air and flew up several hundred feet before diving to the hunting grounds. She stopped several feet back and dropped Heedana off.

Edited by LoveLost

Soria laid on her stomache in front of her green and bronze eggs. The two eggs had been laid as close to the fire as Soria dared. Her mother's Lady had her given the eggs as a gift when she had been asked to leave for Benden Weyr. Soria gently rubbed a finger along the shell of the bronze egg. Shifting to sitting position, Soria idly toyed with the idea of dressing to go eat or staring some more. The cracks in the eggs made a part of her long to stay, but her stomache beckoned her to eat. Nodding to her self, Soria stood and walked to her brown breeches and put them on. "I'll eat and see if someone can help me figure out when these two."

Grumbling to her self, Soria riffled the her things looking for her green ribbon. A glance to her eggs and Soria saw the coil of green laying beside the. As she tied the ribbon in her hair to make a high pony tail, Soria double checked her tunic. Moving her bang away from her eyes, Soria made her way to what she thought was the kitchens. She followed the various cavern halls admiring the hussle and bustle of the other. After several minutes of wandering, she found her self looking at an expanse of ground with a lake to her right and the sunshine peeking over the Benden Weyr walls behind her. Soria smacked her palm to her forehead without hesitation. It would be her luck to get lost after having been here for quite a bit.

Heedana sighed as she watched her dear sweet golden dragon devouring a large hunting animal in one or two bites after deftly snapping its neck in half. She smiled and turned around to see Soria who looked quite lost. She half chuckled to herself as she walked over to her with long easy strides. As she drew closer, she realized how short the girl was. Yenay was a bold contrast to her doark aubunr hair and her little tail seemed to be a golden necklace around Heedana's strong, tanning neck. Huzah and Tricky fought over Heedana's left shoulder while Yenay chirped and squawked irratadely at them. "Enough both of you." she said to her little dragons as she finally stood in front of Soria. A smile spread across her face as she recognized her own lost confusion at being at Benden Weyr. "Hello there." she said kindly her voice strong but still resembling some of last nights drinking.

Soria jumped slightly, startled at being addressed by someone.Soria looked over to Heedana and blushed a bit at having been caught being lost. Soria studied Heedana for a moment, taking in the tall woman's features and the three fire lizards with curious eyes. A grin found it's way to Soria's mouth in response to Heedana's smile as Soria gave Heedana a curtsy despite wearing breeches. Soria fidgeted as she searched for a response, tugging at the edge of her tunic. She paused to consider asking for help with her egg duo, before deciding to wait a bit longer. She didn't wish to come across as rude. Clasping her hands behind her back, Soria settled for being polite. "Hello, m'Lady."

Soria watched the fire lizards while she contemplated asking about the three creature. She wondered if her little eggs would be half so adorable as the three she saw with Heedana. She winced when her stomache rumbled a bit. It seemed the young Lemosian would have to prioritize. Mentally she ticked off her list, first would be food. Then she'd tend her eggs, after all she'd be useless to them if she was starving herself. "Um, how are you and your friends this morning, m'lady? A bit of an early start, isn't it?"

Heedana smiled at Soria again. "Before I start talking myself into oblivion, maybe we should get you something to eat. My dragon says that you are quite near famished." she said with a slight chuckle. "Come this way." She said as she started to walk at a slow pace for her long legs so as not to make Soria run. Tricky peered underneath Heedana's long curly hair so it looked like Heedana had glowing eyes in the back of her head. Tricky cheeped with curious green whirling eyes. Heedana smiled again. "Tricky seems to like quite a lot. After we have eaten, would you like to help me feed her, Huzah and Yenay? Along with a few others?" she asked while looking back and waiting for Soria to follow.

Soria had to stop herself from squealing in excitment at the offer to feed the dragonets. As it was she found herself skipping after Heedana and cooing to Tricky "I would like that very much. It'll make good practise for when my little duo hatches."

As she followed Heedana, Soria wondered if feeding dragons and fire lizards was much different then feeding the watch-whers. Thinking of the watch-whers, remind Soria a bit about home, but she brushed that aside and consentrated on the possiblities of being a dragonrider. Soria giggled to herself in joy before she spoke to Heedana. "Oh and thank you muchly for helping me, m'Lady. I'm afraid I have a horrid sense of direction."

((sorry it's taking me so long to reply. I am working on another RP based on the lines of a book I am writing smile.gif ))

Heedana smiled at the happiness in Soria's voice. " I don't mind you squealing, screaming or shouting with joy at the prospect my dear. i did when I was first allowed to help with a few of the Fire lizards at Fort." she turned a corner and her fire-lizards dissapeard in the hustle and bustle...at least huzah and Trikcy did. Yenay just buried herself in the small tuft of curly blond hair that Heedana had arranged. "As for direction, do not worry about it. Even I get lost sometimes and to be honest, it's my dear Tilleth that keeps me on track." she said with a laugh. "Now, what is your name?" she says turning again and going to where Morana was.

((^.^ 'Tis no problem. I just have an extreme amount of free time time.))

"I'm Soria from Lemos Hold, m'Lady.Benden Weyr is so much bigger then our Hold's Keep." Soria eyed the activity around her a bit warily. While it reminded her a great deal of the Keep, it seemed there were more people then she was used to and the area was larger. Soria pushed her self to walk closer to Heedana so she wouldn't get lost again. Placing a hand in one of her pockets, Soria fiddled with her lucky stone. "And what are your friends and your name, if you don't mind me asking, m'Lady?"

Heedana wated for Morana to notice them. "Well, my name is Heedana, rider of Gold Tilleth and owner of green Tricky, the one who showed great interest in you, green Huzah and gold Yenay. And never be afraid to ask any sort of question Soria. If you never ask, you'll never know yeah?" she said and moved Tricky to her arm who protested slightly but then took up a sniffing of Soria and muffled chirps.

((>.< I couldn't find a list of Hold Lords and Ladies During the current pass and the only one I remeber is Fax and his wife and son from DragonFlight. So, I used the only Lady of Lemos hold I could find. If it's not right I'll fix it.))

Soria grinned and bounced lightly on the balls of her feet. She was extremely glad she had met the nice rider and that she wasn't upseting Heedana. Somewhere in the back of her mind, Soria pondered over telling Heedana about her own green and bronse fire lizard eggs. A moment's pause and Soria heeded Heedana's advised.

"Indeed, Lady Heedana. Can you tell me a bit about when fire lizards hatch? I have a bronse and a green in my room, but I'm a bit lost as to take care of them." Looking down, Soria took the little grey flat stone out of her pocket and fiddled with it. Soria continued after a moment, "Lady Famira gave them to me as a parting gift. Unfortunately, Lady Famira didn't give me any instructions on how to take care of them."

((I couldn't find it either! SO no worries mah dear.))

Heedana could feel her smile growing wider as she could just hear the wheels turning in Soria's head. She was shocked that a Lady of the Hold gave Soria a parting gift and then failed to giver her any instruction. "If you are keeping them near a fire and turning them at every meal time a third turn, they should be fine until the hatch...but you MUST be there when they hatch so you can Impress them. Is that not true blue rider?" she said passing a handsome blue rider with a small bronze firelizard on his shoulder.

The blue rider inclined his head and smiled at the two. "Yes it is my Lady." he said and walked on. he had to make sure he was prepared for Fall in another 14 hours.

"I'm not certain if I have been turning them. Though, I have been keeping them near a fire and I think I've turned them every so often. I just can't quite remember." Soria became a bit worried when she heard that she needed to be there as the eggs hatched. A part of her wanted to rush back to them, but logic told her that it was necessary for her to eat first. She did truely want to help Heedana with her fire lizards. At the same time she wanted very badly to Impress her own fire lizards. It would soften the blow if she couldn't Impress a dragon. Wincing, Soria asked with a bated breath, "Right, then that leads me to my next question. How long after the tiny cracks start is it till the eggs hatch?"

Cleo poked her head out of her room in the Candidate barracks. Isis wrapped her golden length around her neck and meep pathetically in her ear. "Yes, yes, you want food. Maybe if I follow the other girl . . ." Cleo jogged out into the passage to catch up with Soria and the older woman. Isis chirped a greeting to the other fire-lizards as Cleo said, "Good morning. Are you headed to the Food Hall? Could I follow you? Isis here is really hungry." She gestured to the golden hatchling circling her neck.

((Hey Ramoth!))

"I'm not certain if I have been turning them..."

"I don't think it will hurt them because the sands should still be warm all around. But when you eat today go and check and make sure they are warm on all sides." she said as she kept walking.

"How long after the tiny cracks start is it till the eggs hatch?"

Heedana jolted at this tid-bit of information and she looked hard at Soria to see if she was joking with her. "Well, how about we go check on them after we eat eh? lil Yenay will help us there."

She say Cleo walking up and smiled at the girl. She had been the one to find her on Search (I hope that's okay!) and thought that she would make a great Weyrwoman...or even headwoman if she didn't become a rider. "Of course we are and you may most definitely come. Cleo, this is Soria, Soria this is Cleo." Yenay chirruped happily and started to animatedly talk with the younger queen

"Pleased to meet you, ma'am," Soria grinned at Cleo. Soria looked at the two women and pouted a bit seemed everyone was taller then her. She shook the thought off, there'd be time enough for a growth spurt worries later. Soria had fire lizards to woryy over. Giving some thought to what Heedana had said about her eggs, Soria contemplated on if she should take up a rider's time. On one hand, she would be certian that her tiny ones were well, on the other, she would be imposing. 'Imposing it is. I can always pay her back for her time, but I can't fix anything I do wrong at their hatching.'

"It would be wonderful if you would, Lady Heedana. Um, if Miss Cleo would like to come, as well, would that be okay?" Soria glanced between Cleo and Heedana.

Heedana smiled at Soria and was actually wuite proud of her for asking questions and not seeming afraid to do so. She looked at Cleo and awaited her answer while absentmindedly stroking yenay's slender head as she talked to Isis.

Tricky flapped noisily for a second and then moved herself from Heedana's shoulder to Soria's and settled herself comfortably there.

((I think the blues and browns tended to be the ones best at actually Searching, but it's okay. By the way, I'll only likely be online to post once a day, but I'll try to keep up.))

Cleo nodded aggreement. "I'd be happy to come. My mother always said I was more interested in animals than people. And it's only gotten worse since Isis was given to me." She paused for a moment. "She's only hatched since I was Searched out."

Isis unwound herself from Cleo's neck and crawled out to the shoulder towards the other queen. Her human obediantly lifted her arm for the little fire-lizard to walk on. Isis chiped and chirruped, squeeked and whistled. Then abrubtly her stomach growled and she turned her head back to Cleo, whining as piteously as possible. Cleo pulled arm and Isis back to her body and said, "Uh, which way to the Food Hall, again?"

Edited by Ramoth

((it usually is, but rarely do bronzes, golds and browns find them))

((and no worries, Ill catch you up when you post smile.gif ))

Heedana could feel herself grinning again. "Thank you Cleo that will be a big help." She said before her own queen scolded her for not getting them to their food faster. "This way." she said as she unwound the throttling grasp of her queens tail. "They always seem to want food, when we want to talk." she said with a smirk which only brought an ornery peck from her golden queen.

Soria placed a restraining hand on her own stomache to stop herself from bouncing. As it was she cooed at Tricky and stroked one the fire lizards legs. Soria couldn't stop herself from giggling a bit at Cleo when Soria heard Isis's stomache. "My stomache did the same thing when I met Lady Heedana. And I know ehat you mean, but Mother always said I had to be part watch-wehr. She said that if I spent anymore time with the wehrs, that they'd considered me one of them rather then a human handler."

Turning to Heedana, Soria did give a light bounce of excitment at the thought of her own fire lizards. She did give Tricky an apology and moved to follow Heedana again. As she moved, Soria let her mind wander to what her tiny lizard hatchling's names might be.

Heedana led them to the hall leading to the Food Hall. "Here we are!" she said with a smile and looked at the people around her who quickly moved out of the way to let the junior Weyrwoman through. She nodded her head left and right in thanks to those that said good morning. She was soon through the crowd and made sure that Cleo and Soria had followed and when she was sure, she started to talk....again. "Today it seems that we have some roasted wherry, fruits, oh and I seem some hot Klah. Why don't you girls sit down while I hurry and join our leaders, eh?" she said with a bright smile.