LoveLost

Pern: A World of Dragonriders and Dragons

((God in Heaven, Mijikoi. I burst out laughing at that comment. Poor Soria and Cleo never got a chance to figure how to get around, did they? Perfect timing, on your part . . . laugh.gif ))

Cleo cocked her head to one side at K'leb's explanation. "Not sure how that makes any sense," she said slowly, "especially if you could make any sound before." She shrugged and then glanced at Soria. "Any chance we could get that tour about now, K'leb?" Cleo shook her head blinking. "Soria and I figure we would go ahead and get our things from the Candidate barracks, but we don't know how to get there from here," she asked the new bronzerider. "And we thought about running an idea past you. About putting up signs in the hallways."

((edited!))

K'leb looked at Atisith and smiled at the young queen. Hethath crooned to the queen and leaned on K'leb's leg. What is she so distraught about Atisith? he asked her while saying this to Soria. "i can see that Cleo has her queen and from what I hear, her name is somwhere around Neith?" he asked his voice smooth and showed the kindness that he always felt towards people. He looked at Cleo wondering if that was the correct name. "I guess we could go around, but first make sure your dear ones are settled. Hethath wants to come with us." he laughed a bit.

Heedana giggled a little bit. "I guess having a queen and a bronze doesn't allow you to have any sort of break from their passion huh?" she asked him and looked down at her necklace. "Don't worry, Mirrim says it passes away quickly..." she looked at Yenay who stood there on her shoulder. She had always kept the firelizard away from any males to avoid any sort of passion. To be honest, she was afraid of what could happen. she laughed lightly at her own pettiness

Edited by LoveLost

((Yeah, I had almost forgotten about it until, I remembered how she met Heedana.))

Over something that is not as bad as she thinks and the one called Heedana knows from what I understand. Atisith replied to K'leb, alone. She was sleepy but some amusement could not be passed up on. I'll let you see if you can figure out the rest. Or if she'll tell you.

Soria looked at Cleo with a embarassed grin. She;'d forgotten all about the tour in light of the hatching. She looked over to Atisith and asked the queen if she was feeling well enough for Soria to retrieve her things. When she recieved an affirmative, Soria brushed a kiss to Atisith's head and stepped toward K'leb, Hethath, and Cleo.

Edited by Mijikoi

I hope she's alright. k'leb watched Soria slightly concerned about her. "Are you alright Soria?" he asked gently. His question was backed up by his dragon's purring sound.

"Thats good.", L'don mumbled, "My head feels like someone dropped a queen on it. Did this ever happen to your firelizards?".

Soria blinked at K'leb's question and flushed when K'leb spoke to her. She was begining to wonder if she'd ever be able to talk to the man with out blushing. She ignored Atisith's teasing comment of "Not likely." "Ah, no. I'm fine. just a bit overwhelmed. Today has been a very exciting day."

Atisith laughed at Soria, when the young woman arranged her words into a tap dance around what was actually bothering her. You know he'll figure it out eventually, right?

Prehaps, but I'll cross that bridge when i get to it, Atisith.Soria shook her head at her bonded. She turned back to K'leb and gave him a shy smile. "It is good to hear your voice though, K'leb. I'm very happy for you."

Edited by Mijikoi

((By the way, is it Hath-ath or Ha-thath?))

Cleo nodded affirmation that Neith was her queen's name. She looked over at her dearling, stroking one glistening eyeridge. "She's out completely, so I doubt she'll miss me, as long as we don't take too long. In fact . . ." she trailed off, gesturing Isis onto her forearm. "Stay here with Neith, Isis," Cleo instructed. "I'll be back soon, and I'll give you an good oiling. That sound good?" Isis chirped and hopped over to land on Neith, curling up on top of the great golden shoulder.

Heedana looked at the ground and fiddled with her hands. "I uh...whenever...having three females, well four...keeps me on my toes. Tilleth has never risen and then Huzah, Tricky and Yenay have before. When I knew they were about to, i uh..." she sighed heavily and shook her head. "I deprived them of their wants. i took a trip into the mountains so that they would fly, but not have a mate. My wants became their wants, but I was alone and so were they..." she grimaced as she remembered the horrible night spent tossing and turning as her girls rose over and over again wishing for mates.

((its pronounced the way it's spelt. Heth ath))

K'leb smiled at Soria knownig that it was a good explanation, but it wasn't the full truth. "Then we should go. Hethath has decided to stay in his weyr which is actually right across from yours. he seemed to have thought to convey that he wanted a spot right next to the queens." he said looking down at the bronze fondly as he walked to their weyr.

She was glad he didn't push further, because she had no idea wat she would have told him. She watched Isis fly to Neith. When Isis landed, Soria gave a grin and grabbed Cleo's arm to tug the other woman after K'leb with her. She was carefull not to over balance Cleo, and hoped Cleo didn't mind. After a few steps she let go and began to skip after K'leb, humming to herself. "Today is truely a good day, though. for all of us, that is, I think."

K'leb smiled feeling the bond between him and his dragon. "Having a bond with a being is often something to be celerated, like a wedding. That's why more than likely tomorrow, we will have the equivilent of a gather." he said and smiled with the mention of a wedding. Weddings were some of his favorite things when he had time to go to them. He was often asked by Heedana's relatives to make their dresses.

Edited by LoveLost

((I go away for a few hours and you guys get that many posts?! Mreh....I'll toss T'lom in.))

T'lom watched Feyth for a few minutes, drinking the sight of his dragon in. He placed a hand on the dragonet's shoulder softly. Feyth's tail twitched. Finally T'lom made his way out of his room. Well, if he was going to be in this place, he might as well learn a few things about it. Hayzef scampered to his side and perched on his shoulder. He chirped, the sound echoing off the walls. "Hush!" T'lom hissed. "You don't want to wake up half the dragons, do you?" Hayzef ducked his head in apology. T'lom made his way around until he found the Queens' rooms. There were people there, and he suddenly found himself overcome with shyness. Shards! Hadn't he seen them all earlier at the hatching? Why should he shy away from them now? Hayzef chirped loudly again, obviously asking for attention for T'lom. "I thought I told you to hush!" T'lom said as he came out from behind the wall. "Uh....sorry about that. He can be a bit noisy at times."

((Nevermind. Got Ninja'd by Apollo.))

Cleo allowed herself to be pulled along, grinning. "It has been a great day indeed." She stopped and turned when she heard a fire-lizard chirp. First she looked to Isis, who was still waiting quietly on Neith's shoulder. When the boy came out from behind the wall to apologize for his fire-lizard, she flipped one hand in negation. "It's all right. They're all noisy at times, and we've all got at least one." Cleo looked closer at him, trying to place his face. "You were at the Hatching Grounds, right? Impressed a brown, I think. My name's Cleo and my queen is Neith." Cleo went on to introduce her friends. "The other girl is Soria, rider of golden Atisith, and the guy next to her is K'leb, rider of bronze Hethath. Or they will be riders once the dragons are all old enough to be riden. What's your name?"

Edited by Ramoth

K'leb turned around and saw T'lom. "No worries. Etanor can decide to be loud at times," he laughed then became very solemn as Ezran, the first to get thread socre, walked out of her room at all the noise. She had her chest and shoulder wrapped but the rest was bare. She was wearing some tan pants that had threads at the side that she used. "Ezran, how's your score?" he asked smiling down at the girl. He had most of his stuff down in the weyrfolk weyrs below the ground.

Ezran looked up at the people around her her red hair still in the braid of that morning and still nearly touching the ground. "It's throbbing but numb." she said with a smile and tried to itch the score. She had already taken most of her things to her weyr earlier.

Edited by LoveLost

"That sounds like a great deal of fun." The idea of a gather made Soria excited at the prospect of dancing. She placed a hand atop of Amphitere and Achronos to keep the two from falling out of her pouch as she did a twirl. Soria looked at T'lom, when she heard Hayzef and T'lom and his Hayzef and gave them a straight-backed curtsy. She smiled at them as she straightened her knees. "It's no trouble. It doesn'ty seem like anyone woke. I'm Soria. Pleased to meet you." Edited by Mijikoi

Soria....nice name. T'lom did the only thing he could think of and returned Soria's curtsy with an awkward bow. He blushed at his stupidity but managed to say, "It's good that you're doing better, Ezran." Lira came in at that moment and chirped up at T'lom. "I swear, both of you intend on being as noisy and embarassing as possible, don't you?" He shrugged his shoulders and tunred back to the group. "I'm Tal- I mean T'lom, if you didn't know," he said. "And it's a pleasure to meet you too, Soria."

Cleo smiled at the antics of his green and brown fire-lizards. They weren't bothering hers yet, so she didn't mind. "Do you want to come back to the Candidate barracks with us, to pack up our things?" she invited him. She still hadn't quite realized just how forward she was being. It would catch up to her. Eventually. And then she'd blush as bad as Soria seemed to.

Ezran smiled at T'lom. "still getting used to your new name eh?" she asked and shifted the bandages the best she could before going and looking for Gurty and Jareb.

K'leb waved goodbye to Ezran and laughed as she walked with a light lilt to her steps. He looked at the Candidates Barracks. "you two seem to know this place pretty well. How about the Weyrfolks place?"

T'lom smiled and nodded. "That sounds like a good idea," he said. He hadn't even though of that. He hoped that Feyth wouldn't wake up while he was away, but he doubted it. That dragon was sound asleep and probably wouldn't stir for another few hours. He wondered when he would be able to ride Feyth. Soon, I hope.

((I'm gonna go ahead and go offline for the night. See you all tomorrow.))

Once the group reached the Candidate barracks, Cleo quickly found and slipped into her old room. She grabbed a canvas bag and began stuffing her utilitarian clothes into it, along with her hair brush and the like. At one point, her hand fell upon her one piece of jewelry, and Cleo paused. It was a finely crafted necklace, with a silver chain suspending a dragon shaped piece of carved hematite. Cleo slipped the chain over her head and rearranged her hair, then rested one hand on the comforting weight of the pendant. The necklace had been inherited from her favorite grandma, when she passed away about four Turns back.

Cleo picked up her stuffed animal toy, a gift from her parents that they had made themselves, and the canvas bag of her belongings and rejoined the group of other Weyrlings.

((PS. I saw Odio, too. But he didn't post. Hmmm. Wait, there he is again!))

Edited by Ramoth

((Odio's playing hide-and-seek, me thinks.))

Soria grinned at T'lom and felt rush of mischieviousness. With a laugh, Soria linked her hands behind her back and bided her time to pounce. She didn't know why she felt quite so giddy, but she was too busy trying to decide on if she'd get in too much trouble for jumping on K'leb's back. While she contemplated her next course of action, Soria twisted her belt to the side and closed the pouch holding Amphitere and Achronos. She mused to herself aloud as she thought."To jump or not to jump? What should I do?"

Edited by Mijikoi

((g'night guys. I am going to go to bed. Really....REALLY tired.))

((Or I might go to bed in a bit smile.gif ))

K'leb was completely oblivious and had his back completely turned to Soria and was looking at Cleo and T'lom to see if they wanted to go to the weyrfolks place.

Edited by LoveLost

T'lom made his way quickly to his old place in the Candidates' barracks. He hadn't been there long enough to unpack much, and he didn't have much either. He held his father's old dagger, though. It was the only thing left of him, and he desperately hoped that somehow his father was proud of him even beyond death. He placed the dagger with his other things and sighed. He took one last looked around the room before he picked up his bags and made his way back to his new home. Feyth hadn't moved since he left, and the dragonet still rested silently. T'lom placed his things near his bed and placed a hand on the dragonet's shoulder. It was warm and comforting, and he thought of what they would become. I wouldn't think too hard about that right now. You still have a lot to worry about. Now can you and your thoughts let me go back to sleep? T'lom took his hand off Feyth and muttered a quick apology. It felt like he would be learning more from Feyth than anything else. He made his way back to the others.

Edited by BlueApollo

Soria grinned at her unsuspecting victim. She walked up behind K'leb quietly as she could manage. When she was about a foot behind him, Soria bent her knees and pushed off the ground to wrap her arms around K'leb's shoulders and to wind her legs around his waist. She laughed in delight once she'd attached herself to him. "Hiya, K'leb. How are you?"

T'lom came back just in time to see Soria pounce on K'leb. He instantly blushed at his own silly intrusion and made his way back to Feyth. Lira stayed behind and watched the two for a few moments before following T'lom back. She snorted a laugh as she caught up. Hayzef was already curled up on top of Feyth like a content kitten. T'lom sighed and peeled the Fire Lizard off his dragon's back. "I've got to oil him, you little fool!" he whispered as Hayzef struggled to get him to let go. Lira snapped at her friend before Hayzef relaxed and stood beside her. I would work on training those two. They lack discipline in every sense of the word, and I'm not the only one who thinks they're a nuisance.

"Well, I'm sorry they woke you up," T'lom muttered as he began to oil Feyth. He could feel Feyth relaxing again.

I'm just saying. They're about as annoying as it gets with their volume. Anyway, do you intend on using that dagger you treasure so dearly? You hardly seem like the kind to use it for anything except cutting food like a savage. And are you ever going to tell anyone about that eye of yours? I know it's troubling you.

"How do you know all that?" T'lom murmured, amazed.

I know a lot about you, T'lom, but not everything just yet. Feyth grinned. T'lom began to feel odd. He was now connected with this dragon, but he knew he was never going to get used to the creature prying into his thoughts. He continued to oil the dragon. If he wanted to talk, he could just get answers from his thoughts, but he refused to say a word.

Edited by BlueApollo