LoveLost

Pern: A World of Dragonriders and Dragons

As Soria got closer to them, she saw that Cleo had them well in hand should they need anything. Turning to her right Soria roved through everyone to see if anyone need her assistance. She someone and went about distributing the bandages to the person cleaning his wound and using numbweed for the threadscore. When she was done, she glanced about the bowl again and was glad she saw Heedana and a new candidate. She tugged her shirt closer to her body to keep the bandages from falling and walked over to the queenrider. She gave an a curtsy to Heedana. "M'Lady, you're not injured are you?"

((yes please go ahead and choose names for your dragons))

((why am I so loveable? *raises eyebrow*))

Heedana was absorbing the first threadfall over Benden in ages. "I'm fine Soria...and please, since we are more than likely going to be Junior queens together, just call me Heedana." she said and hugged Soria and left Leodon to get off on his own after she untied the egg holder. "Make sure you report to F'nor when he gets back. he is literally unmistakable and if you can't find him, find me first and I'll get you to him." she said and walked off to some of the other dragons making sure that the healers were doing what they were supposed to do. "Cleo!" she said happily and looked over the work that Kaleb was doing. Kaleb says that S'kom is being a worry wherry. Tilleth said amusedly. Heedana laughed and looked at Kaleb.

Kaleb glared at S'kom and nodded his head that showed he knew what to do. He decided to do something that he had never done before and reached his mind out to Ogrith. Please tell your rider that I know what I am doing and don't tell him that I was talking to you. I'd prefer if no one knew. he said calmly and stepped onto a table while starting to lay the pieces of wing together with uncanny precision.

Heedana laughed at Kaleb's frustration and looked at S'kom. "Uhm S'kom, maybe you should try and calm your dragon, not push away those that are trying to help." she said and went over to Ezran. "Oh Jays Ezran...what did you do this time?"

Ezran was lying on a cot her back bare and the weeping threadscore out iin the open but slathered with numbweed. "What do you mean? I was just protecting some idiot that had let themselves fall during thread." she said slightly angrily as her tanned skin twitched and itched.

Heedana rolled her eyes and patted the girls shoulder. "Just make sure you stay safe." she walked back over to her dragon and Soria after finishing the rounds and seeing that Manora had taken care of things easily. Most of the dragons were already wobbling back to their weyrs except for Ogrith whose wing was the worst out of all of them. She sighed and wiped her hands off on her skirt from the water she had used to wash them after helping a few of the weyrlings.

Edited by LoveLost

(Partially your name, but also two characters that seem to draw in the romance. biggrin.gif ))

It's nice to have friends. Soria was elated from the hug that Heedana had given her. She grinned to her self as she watched Heedana walk. Her eyes slid to Kaleb and she felt her blush return. If she wasn't careful she might never stop blushing. Soria shook her head and smiled at Tilleth. The would have hugged the dragon, but her shirt was still a bit full. "Hello again, m'Lady Tilleth."

Soria shuffled her feet at a loss of what to do next. The wounded seemed to be well in hand and no one else needed her. She looked up to Heedana again with a grin. "We might be, but till then you're still m'Lady."

Edited by Mijikoi

Heedana smiled at Soria. "Fine, but once you make Senior, then I'll have to start calling you m'Lady." she said with a twinkle of her eye. She could see Soria's gaze at Kaleb and decided that it was time to play matchmaker again. "He's cute huh?"

Kaleb looked at Soria and smiled while he started to stitch together the wing. He followed the veins and used the smallest part of thread and needle he could find and sewed each individual vein together and then the main parts.

Tillith looked down at Soria and lowered her head to Soria's level. Can you hear me? She said just talking in general but not at Heedana at Soria. Usually she would have had to enter the person's mind but this one seemed able to just hear. If you can, you don't really have to call me m'Lady. Just Tilleth if you will. she said softly and crooned to the smaller being

Edited by LoveLost

"I doubt I'd ever make a Senior, So I'll always just be Soria." Soria gave Heedana a broad grin. When she heard Tilleth, Soria sent Tilleth a nod and a smile. She refrained from actually answering not knowing what to say. It was strange to hear someone in her mind or to feel the tickle in her mind, but Soria was pleased to be able to hear Tilleth. She did freeze when her mind caught up to what Heedana had said. She looked up to the rider with wide eyes.

"Um, he is? I mean, of course he is. And he's a wonderful, sweet, generous, gorgeous, and I'm going to stop that thought. But what brought that up, m'Lady?" Soria gave a nervous laugh and placed a hand to cover her eyes.

Heedana let out a peal of laughter that made even tilleth start. "Oh cummon! your googly eyed over him. Your watching him like a hawk and what you just said confirmed it. "It's okay to like him Soria, there's nothing wrong with that." she said and leaned abck against Tilleth's snout.

"Oh, I know there's nothing wrong with liking him, but I just met him. And what if he doesn't like me?" Soria's face was flushed still from Heedana's comment.

"Bah, I need to stop thinking." Soria breathed out and bent to pick up the bandages she had dropped while she was speaking. She was glad for Amphitere and Achronos. Their curiousity was helping her keep from panicking. She gave Heedana a wane smile. "Sorry, I'm still a little frazzled."

((I wonder if we could start the hatching sequence, since the Fall sequence is pretty much done with . . . pretty please?))

The weyrhealer released Cleo with thanks, and the Candidate went to stand next to Heedana, Soria, and Tilleth. "Hello, again," she greeted the queen and her rider. Cleo recalled Isis to her shoulder and rubbed the small golden head when it arrived. "Where'd you go? I didn't see you flying Thread." Cleo's head cocked to one side in question. Romance and such still had a tendency to go straight over her head, but the trend was more deliberate than ignorance anymore. The steady young woman wasn't yet ready to even think about setting her heart on any man yet.

((*sigh* Thanks Mijikoi lol. My computer was acting really really weird and I didn't know if it even posted at all. biggrin.gif))

((Lovelost, I hope you don't mind that I play F'nor for this post? Just to get Elna to the Weyr.))

"Of course, Lady Heedana." S'kom bit back what he wanted to say to Heedana, and settled for a curt nod and grinding his teeth. Just at that moment, Ogrith let out a rather louder roar, so S'kom grumbled "Oh shard it!" and hurried over to his dragon's side to hold his head and calm him down. Ogrith had heard Kaleb's voice in his head and was surprised, and that's why he let out the roar. He actually wasn't in very much pain anymore, and he sensed the power in Kaleb, and he trusted him, but Ogrith didn't relay anything to S'kom. He simply settled down and quieted, feeling comfortable in Kaleb's and S'kom's hands.

S'kom looked on as Kaleb did his work with scrutiny, but as Kaleb finished up S'kom's eyes lost their hardness and he managed a smile (that looked more like a grimace) and he thanked the young man for his good work.

At that very moment F'nor blinked into the sky above the Weyr with two distraught looking holders atop Canth's back, and their bulky little fishing boat hanging from his claws. They wheeled down into the center of the bowl, right next to Ogrith and all the weyrfolk, and Canth landed on his hind feet. He flapped his wings to steady himself, and then he placed the boat on the ground as gently as he could. His eyes were whirling playfully.

He dropped to his forefeet and let the riders slide off his back.

"Elna! Father!" shouted Gurty, who suddenly ran up out of nowhere. They all threw their arms around each other. The only one missing from their family was Gurty and Elna's mother, who was back at the seahold.

Elna wiped tears from her eyes. "Gurty!" she exclaimed. "What are you doing here? You're supposed to be back at the seahold!"

Gurty replied, "I was searched just before the threadfall! Were you caught out in thread? F'nor saved you? That's incredible!"

F'nor suddenly piped in, "You know, Elna, you would make an excellent dragonrider if you'd like to stay on here at the Weyr with your brother."

Elna and Gurty looked at their father, and he smiled and nodded. "You are a journeywoman seacrafter, now Elna," he said. "You may go where you please."

S'kom rolled his eyes at the dramatic family reunion, and Ogrith rumbled with laughter at his rider.

((Ramoth you really wanna do the hatching now huh? Hatching now would be fun. If Elna can't get a queen that would be really cool if she got a blue! *hints* xd.png I hope one of my other guys can get a bronze...! ))

Edited by Odio

((Or at least move into that arc. I'll have to go to class soon and might not get to the computer for a while, maybe not until tomorrow morning, depending on how busy I end up.))

Cleo could only blink at the scene before her. She wouldn't intrude on the family moment. Better to leave that to the more social Heedana. But the thought that really went round and round her head was, "What are we going to do about the boat?" She murmured aloud.

((Yeah I have to go to work soon sad.gif ))

S'kom looked at Cleo. "Good question," he muttered sarcastically.

Elna looked at her father. "Well, we could keep it here... it needs repairs. Canth, would you take it back to the hold with my father?" She looked up at the giant brown dragon. He bent down close to her, and his eye was half the size of her body. She yelped, but then she reached out a hesitant hand to scratch his eye ridge.I would be happy to, he said in her mind, his eyelide drooping from the pleasure of her touch. She was surprised that he would even bend down to her like that, let alone speak to her in her mind! She'd never felt anything like that - it wasn't quite the same as a firelizard.

Just then her little Eccos poked his head out from under her hair and gave a curious chirrup. He'd been hiding from all the commotion.

Leodon looked around at the men and dragons with threadscores, it was an unerving sight. Leodon nodded to Heedana as she left and went off in search of F'nor. Men were lying on the ground in pain as the thread mycroorganisms ate away at their flesh. A brown rider flew down and alighted in the bowl. Leodon ran over to the man, hoping this was F'nor. he had a sort of leadership presence about him that Leodon recognized. "Hello, I am the new candidate,", Leodon said to F'nor, "I assume you are F'nor, Heedana told me to go to you.".

(Sooo, who is going to play F'nor, will you do it lovelost or do you want me to.)

(('Tis no trouble. Just happy to help. ))

She blinked when she realised she was still holding the bandages adn rushed to put them away. She called an apology back to Heedana as she ran. When she finished puting them up, Soria ran back out to the others and half hid behind Tilleth so she could watch them unobserved. Soria sent a curious touch to Tilleth and asked the gold what was wrong with Ogrith that had caused the male to roar. 'It didn't sound quite like pain, Tilleth, did it?'

Edited by Mijikoi

((I dissapear for 3 hours and I fall behind...lol!!! GUES WHAT?!??!! MOM IS HOME!))

(Ramoth, you read my mind! Okay I hope you guys don't mind but what I am going to do is lay out the dragons on a piece of paper. Greens, Blues, and golds for the girls and then browns, and bronzes for the guys and kinda do a random thing for the extra girls like Ezran and Elna.))

Heedana looked at Cleo then over to Leodon. "I was with my surrogate mother picking up another rider at Ruatha." she then sighed and took of her riding jacket as the weyr completely cleared out save those that were around her, F'nor, S'kom, Gurty and his family. She watched with growing interest at the family then over heard F'nor. "Uhm F'nor...she hasn't been through any sort of training yet."

F'nor completely ignored Heedana's comment and turned to Leodon. "Ah yes, Tilleth was telling Canth about that. You must be Leodon." he said and gave the boy a warm smile.

Heedana harrumphed and looked at Gurty and his family. "Wiat...a journey woman!" she said excitedly then piped down. She didn't want anyone to know about her status' in the Harper hall. "Congratulations Elna." she said and bowed to the new journeywoman. "You're quite lucky...your coronation has been witnessed by a queen rider...not many people get that." she said happily.

Tilleth looked at Soria and wondered how she could hear her but decided not to think on it. She knew the reason the reason that Ogrith had roared but she would never tell anyone unless Kaleb released her from his promise. To that i will agree to young one. She looked over at the hathcing grounds and started to hum a deep reverberating hum.

Yenay, Tricky and Huzah added their humming into their cousins. Heedana looked around as people all over started to file into the hatching grounds. "Soria, Cleo, Leodon, Gurty, Jareb, Ezran! Oh no!"

F'nor understood what Heedana meant and rushed to the healer's barracks and picked up Ezran after helping her get dressed in the traditional white candidates robe. "Talom! let's go!" he shouted when he caught sight of the boy. He ran back to Heedana with Ezran in his arms. "okay lets go!" he said and climbed up to Canth's shoulder and sat Ezran in place. "Talom, Jareb and Gurty and well...yah Elna you too. Climb up on Canth...hurry!" he said. he had thought ahead and tossed each of the candidates a white robe.

Heedana looked at those that she was to carry. "Okay Cleo, I want you in front then Soria, then Leodon and...KALEB!" she shouted.

Kaleb smiled at the blue rider then turned around quickly when Heedana called his name. He shook his head in a sad negative since he had already been at the grounds twice. He would eliminate himself from trying again.

Heedana started to walk over to Kaleb ready to drag him if she had too. "your coming by order of a queen rider. And YES I am pulling rank!" she said. This, of course, made Kaleb run and hope up in his spot while holding a hand down to help the others.

((did I miss anyone?!))

Leodon looked around in confusion, he quickly slipped on robes that were thrown his way and hopped up onto Tilleth behind Heedana. His firelizards finally appeared behind him, a bit annoyed that he had not tried to find them sooner. Leodon hastily apologized and told them to try to follow but to stay far enough away from whatever was happening so they would not be hurt. Leodon then turned his head back to Heedana and said, "Is this the Hatching?".

(I hope i get a bronze! That way Heedana and Leodon can get together. She independant and wild and Leodon is kind but ALSO wild. They COMPLETE each other. Lolz.)

((yah I guess you could say so. smile.gif ))

((I will release the pairs on the front page towards the bottom))

Heedana seemd giddy and really happy about it. "You betcha!" she said as she helped Kaleb get the others up onto Tilleth's back. "This is only my second one that I have been to besides my own." she was so excited that she had forgotten to put her weyrwoman's knot on.

Leodon yelled for the other candidates and helped them up onto Tilleth, he did not want to wait any more, it was time for him to impress a dragon. "Im excited to", Leodon said enthusiastically.

((leodon, we are going to have to wait until the others post. I wouldn't like to god-mod))

(sad.gif ok..... that might take a while... can u tell us what colors we get though? Lol, just to keep us satisfied while we is waiting.)

Soria slipped on the robe she'd been handed, wondering where in Pern it had come from. With a shrug, she climbed with the others onto Tileth's back and hugged the person nearest her in her excitment. She turned her thoughts to how lucky her day had been so far. First, she meets Heedana, Cleo and Kaleb, then her fire lizards hatch, and now the dragons were hatching. She was beside herself with joy. She decided to make the most of this experience and simply be happy to see a dragon hatch.

Edited by Mijikoi

(*has mega spaz attack* BALDGAKSDGfa;sdkjlhfad BROOOOOONZZZZZEEE!)

((Lol. I take it you want a bronze, leodoug?

>.< I can't decide which name I like more Cerith or Aisith. I mean I like the name Atisith, cause it goes with my A theme, but Cerith is cool too.>.>))

(Im thinking of Argath, Soulath, and Dimeath... I like them all, and yes I LUV THE BWONZE!!!!! *huggles bebe bronze*)

((Heheh. I noticed that. I likes my white and purple. but I'm rooting for the gold.^.^))

(o your gonna love this, its posted on the first page saying who got what, Soria got gold! Good for you!)